HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I've seen this game before.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
RattleYourSabre

vCash: 500
We have REALLY bad BFS. Now we're complaining about announcers, warm up music, etc.

Friday night at the game I had a lady who was working the concession stand who forgot to hand me my beer. I had to ask her. Freakin' Sabres!

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
It just adds to his long-standing reputation as a mental basket case. He was bawling in his rookie season and resorted to a sports psychologist by year two. He continues to call out teammates on the ice and in the locker room and yet continues to be tremendously inconsistent in his own right. He is supposed to be the poster boy for this organization and yet has never once demonstrated a shred of leadership ability. This afflicted victim act is getting very, very old.

I'm starting to like the Trolleo nickname someone suggested

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
It just adds to his long-standing reputation as a mental basket case. He was bawling in his rookie season and resorted to a sports psychologist by year two. He continues to call out teammates on the ice and in the locker room and yet continues to be tremendously inconsistent in his own right. He is supposed to be the poster boy for this organization and yet has never once demonstrated a shred of leadership ability. This afflicted victim act is getting very, very old.
Yeah, we should all long for the days of Dominik Hasek. He was a rock of emotional stability.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
He got pushed into Fleury once - is that what you're referring to?

Another invisible performance from him. Amerks, please
Seriously? I wonder if we're watching the same games. I like his game recently. He's also one of the only real men on the team. Notice how nobody even touched him after he bowled over Fleury.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Dubi Doo

Hodgson, miller, foligno, Ennis, ott, the 4th line, myers, ehrhoff, and regher all looked solid to me.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:15 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Seriously? I wonder if we're watching the same games. I like his game recently. He's also one of the only real men on the team. Notice how nobody even touched him after he bowled over Fleury.
Because he was so blatantly pushed into the goaltender that it would've looked borderline ridiculous for them to react as if it were intentional.

And yeah, we're definitely watching two different teams/games if you're okay with calling Foligno's play this year "manly"....

FAR FROM IT. At least to date. Last year he looked manly. This year he doesn't.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:08 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Because he was so blatantly pushed into the goaltender that it would've looked borderline ridiculous for them to react as if it were intentional.

And yeah, we're definitely watching two different teams/games if you're okay with calling Foligno's play this year "manly"....

FAR FROM IT. At least to date. Last year he looked manly. This year he doesn't.
I think Foligno has played well this year, in fact I would say he is playing just fine considering he hasn't played a full season of games combined in his career. He is near the bottom of the list of players that I am worried about on this team. He had a stretch there where he wasn't playing the body as well as last year, but he has recently been going hard to the net, and causing problems around the net for the opposition which is EXACTLY his role on this team.

Guy is still young, and I can see why you think his play is awful Jbuds, because, he is missing that explosiveness in his checking. This year he seems to just roll off the guy and try and play the puck with positioning, where last year he was going through guys and then grabbing the puck(another reason why FES played well last year, compared to this year).

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:16 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
C'mon you didn't like "He's going the Distance" song yesterday?

How about the blarring rap in warm ups?

Awesome. Love it. Totally gets the team ready to go!
yeah blame the music....

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
I think Foligno has played well this year, in fact I would say he is playing just fine considering he hasn't played a full season of games combined in his career. He is near the bottom of the list of players that I am worried about on this team. He had a stretch there where he wasn't playing the body as well as last year, but he has recently been going hard to the net, and causing problems around the net for the opposition which is EXACTLY his role on this team.

Guy is still young, and I can see why you think his play is awful Jbuds, because, he is missing that explosiveness in his checking. This year he seems to just roll off the guy and try and play the puck with positioning, where last year he was going through guys and then grabbing the puck(another reason why FES played well last year, compared to this year).
It appears as though Lindy is in process of killing him.

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:24 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Foligno has looked a lot better the last few games but he has been one of only a few forwards this year to consistently bring a solid work ethic every night. One thing I have noticed with him tho is his shotty hands compared to last year. He has missed a few sure goals and just seems to be fighting the puck on a regular basis, anyone else notice this?

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
Foligno has looked a lot better the last few games but he has been one of only a few forwards this year to consistently bring a solid work ethic every night. One thing I have noticed with him tho is his shotty hands compared to last year. He has missed a few sure goals and just seems to be fighting the puck on a regular basis, anyone else notice this?
His hands were never great to begin with. If you look at his goals from last season it's not like he looked like Kassian or Lucic. He shot a statistically improbable shooting percentage. He's never going to be a big time goal scorer, I'd be quite happy if he pots 20 while being a consistent physical presence on the forecheck and on hits.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
His hands were never great to begin with. If you look at his goals from last season it's not like he looked like Kassian or Lucic. He shot a statistically improbable shooting percentage. He's never going to be a big time goal scorer, I'd be quite happy if he pots 20 while being a consistent physical presence on the forecheck and on hits.
I agree with that, I was more referencing how he bobbles/loses the puck on simple deeks/stickhandling. I know hes not going to dangle people or be a sniper but it just seems like receiving passes is a chore this year. Maybe I just got spoiled by his hot streak to end last year

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
I agree with that, I was more referencing how he bobbles/loses the puck on simple deeks/stickhandling. I know hes not going to dangle people or be a sniper but it just seems like receiving passes is a chore this year. Maybe I just got spoiled by his hot streak to end last year
Don't think he has much confidence in his ability right now, maybe the pressure of actually having expectations has him squeezing his stick a bit

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote