HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 15: Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks - Feb 19 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Lowkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1084 View Post
I'm in Chicago ready to cheer on the Nucks. Good Luck charm? Probably not.
Chiggs said booth is in apparently. Leave it until tomorrow for sure.
Did he give any indication as to what lines they are starting the game with?

Old
02-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey View Post
Yes, I'm going to need this.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:07 PM
luongo321

Ok, this http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen is a montage of bolland hacking the crap out of the sedins as well as his comments about them from the radio show and AV's response. It just makes me sick to my stomach that the refs turned a blind eye to all of bolland's 'great work' against the Sedins. Honestly, you really have to question the integrity of some of those refs when you watch this clip. I still remember that huge tomahawk swing bolland took at sedin's stick and there was still no call. Refs are the biggest problem in this league. One of our players needed to put Bolland in his place a very long time ago.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Ok, this http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen is a montage of bolland hacking the crap out of the sedins as well as his comments about them from the radio show and AV's response. It just makes me sick to my stomach that the refs turned a blind eye to all of bolland's 'great work' against the Sedins. Honestly, you really have to question the integrity of some of those refs when you watch this clip. I still remember that huge tomahawk swing bolland took at sedin's stick and there was still no call. Refs are the biggest problem in this league. One our players needed to put Bolland in his place a very long time ago.
Forgot about that AV comment. Respect.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

Quote:
Ok, this http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen is a montage of bolland hacking the crap out of the sedins as well as his comments about them from the radio show and AV's response. It just makes me sick to my stomach that the refs turned a blind eye to all of bolland's 'great work' against the Sedins. Honestly, you really have to question the integrity of some of those refs when you watch this clip. I still remember that huge tomahawk swing bolland took at sedin's stick and there was still no call. Refs are the biggest problem in this league. One of our players needed to put Bolland in his place a very long time ago.
Hey come on! Bolland is just a funny guy! He's a good Canadian kid! He's not cheap, he just plays hard!

Old
02-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey View Post
AV probably doesn't know what goalie he's starting.
Put me down as guessing Amex since Kassians slumping.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:17 PM
goodluckchuck

any word on who the goalie is tomorrow

Old
02-18-2013, 11:20 PM
luongo321

OMG, did anyone see the Behind the Lens photos for this chicago trip? I nearly died when I saw the book Booth was reading. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=33459

Old
02-18-2013, 11:24 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
OMG, did anyone see the Behind the Lens photos for this chicago trip? I nearly died when I saw the book Booth was reading. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=33459
LOL. That Ballard one is funny as well.

These photos are always great. I love them.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:29 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post

Is it just me or did Schneider look kinda disappointed in the one photo they had of him? Maybe Lu is actually starting (my speculation even though I thought Schneids would get the start)

Old
02-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Booth seems like such a weird guy....

Old
02-18-2013, 11:31 PM
cutcopy

Quote:
What a misogynistic *******. I hope he gets gonorrhea!

Old
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
cutcopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Booth seems like such a weird guy....
Because he's religious? LOL

Old
02-18-2013, 11:33 PM
CanucksOo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post

+1

It seems like Booth came back at the right time too. Looking at that pic of Volpatti, he definitely could use a few days to heal up (left eye and right hand/wrist)

Old
02-18-2013, 11:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Forget the refs, why doesn't anyone on our team have the testicular fortitude to stand up for the Sedins and lay Bolland out? That's the question that should be asked.

02-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Forget the refs, why doesn't anyone on our team have the testicular fortitude to stand up for the Sedins and lay Bolland out? That's the question that should be asked.
Burrows came to Daniel's aid in one of the clips, at least.

It's always the same when battling the Hawks, though - one of their players whacks one of our stars. One of our tougher guys steps up to the plate; the remaining four Hawks come barging in to prevent anything from happening. Ad nauseum. This was done to a T in the game where Keith elbowed Daniel; Bieksa and Burrows tried to get at him multiple times over the course of the game, but couldn't get through the three or four red jerseys that separated them.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Janice2625
Rookie User

New here. Whats the Protocol? just chime in to anyone or make comments and see where it goes?

Be nice! Im a Girl lol.

Luv My Canucks
I'll Do my best!

Complicated board 4me

Old
02-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
"Juice with a side of coffee"

And LOL at the Book Booth was reading.

The AV shoe shining photo was kinda funny too, just could never picture AV getting his shoes shined.

I love those photos.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:47 PM
cutcopy

Quote:
I doubt anyone on the team is scared to fight Bolland, lets be real. Most likely they asked him to fight, but the ***** said no.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:48 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Burrows came to Daniel's aid in one of the clips, at least.

It's always the same when battling the Hawks, though - one of their players whacks one of our stars. One of our tougher guys steps up to the plate; the remaining four Hawks come barging in to prevent anything from happening. Ad nauseum. This was done to a T in the game where Keith elbowed Daniel; Bieksa and Burrows tried to get at him multiple times over the course of the game, but couldn't get through the three or four red jerseys that separated them.
True, but you don't really want Burrows going after Bolland all the time. It was good he did it in that one instance, but I want to see someone like Volpatti or Weise, or even Bieksa go after Bolland and just drop him. Start a full on line brawl if you have to. Just don't let these guys push us around, and especially not our stars.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice2625 View Post
New here. Whats the Protocol? just chime in to anyone or make comments and see where it goes?

Be nice! Im a Girl lol.

Luv My Canucks
I'll Do my best!

Complicated board 4me
Welcome to HF!

Find a thread that looks interesting, and chime in on the discussion.

Don't forget to stop by our Introduce Yourself thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1242335

Old
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Quote:
True, but you don't really want Burrows going after Bolland all the time. It was good he did it in that one instance, but I want to see someone like Volpatti or Weise, or even Bieksa go after Bolland and just drop him. Start a full on line brawl if you have to. Just don't let these guys push us around, and especially not our stars.
Agreed 100%.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:51 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by croutonsinmysalad View Post
I doubt anyone on the team is scared to fight Bolland, lets be real. Most likely they asked him to fight, but the ***** said no.
Then instigate and take him down. Make him turtle. Then respond by going after Toews and Kane. Don't injure them like they did to us, but hit them and make their lives hard anytime they come out onto the ice. I guarantee you they'll look at guys like Bolland and tell him to cut the crap.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:51 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
They pushed us around in 09/10. Haven't really seen much of it lately (notwithstanding the dirty hits of course). But I do agree with that you're saying.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Last time we played them Kassain was playing to well to have him off the Ice for 5. This time he is not

Closed Thread