HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Rumor Has It: The Rumor Thread Part Tres

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
I dont like kessel. Just like players on our team are criminally underrated players on big market teams especially canadian ones are criminally overrated. Kessel is no exception to the latter.
He's not overrated, but he is soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Kessel will be UFA after next season no need to overpay
Yep

02-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Was watching the Sabres-Habs game today. Buffalo is having injury problems on the blue line (along with other issues).

I wonder if something along the lines of Kulikov for Ennis could make sense. Just brainstorming..

Old
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Toronto wont trade Kessel for a rental. It's not going to happen. They need longer term assets.
I never really understood the meaning behind "rental" how is Weiss considered a rental? Is it because he is a UFA next year? Isn't Kessel as well?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I never really understood the meaning behind "rental" how is Weiss considered a rental? Is it because he is a UFA next year? Isn't Kessel as well?
Weiss is going ot be a UFA at the end of this season, hence rental.

Rental means they will be a free agent at the end of the season.

Kessel is going to be a UFA after next season.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Watched the Leafs - Bruins game on CBC tonight. During the 2nd intermission on their hot-stove talk, the first thing the panel discussed tonight was Weiss.

They said reports have several teams interested in Weiss. Toronto, Vancouver, and now Ottawa as well (since Spezza went down with his back injury).

They checked with Dale Tallon and he said the rumors that Weiss is being shopped are "Ridiculous," and that "the Panthers are interested in keeping Weiss on the team and plan on re-signing him".

Sounds like there's interest, but Tallon isn't biting. This could be true (which I think it is) or he could be playing dumb in hopes to increase teams offers.

CBC hotstove video link

Last edited by PantherboyHTR: 02-02-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: link
Old
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
p9ers

I really want to see how we fare without Weiss and see if he's expendable.

I'd like to trade him to Van, it's like seeing an ex-club playing.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Eklund: Panthers a frontrunner for O'Reilly

Granted, it's "Feckless" (Fecklund? lol) himself, but given the cap room, the prospect pool, and the roster we have, I actually could see us trying to pull a deal for this kid as one of the better suitors.

I still think at the end of the day, we'll hold serve and try and pull in one of the castoff cap dumps/buyouts from when the decrease hits at the start of next season but getting a 10yrs younger version of Weiss with what looks like better scoring ability early on is at least intriguing.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Granted, it's "Feckless" (Fecklund? lol) himself, but given the cap room, the prospect pool, and the roster we have, I actually could see us trying to pull a deal for this kid as one of the better suitors.

I still think at the end of the day, we'll hold serve and try and pull in one of the castoff cap dumps/buyouts from when the decrease hits at the start of next season but getting a 10yrs younger version of Weiss with what looks like better scoring ability early on is at least intriguing.
If Tallon thinks Weiss is going to free agency(I do) then this would be a great move to fill that spot. Like you said, we have the assets and will get even more when we trade Weiss at the deadline.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
If Tallon thinks Weiss is going to free agency(I do) then this would be a great move to fill that spot. Like you said, we have the assets and will get even more when we trade Weiss at the deadline.
I think so too. Perhaps there will be a trade right before the game (like Booth last season).

-ghoste

Old
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Been saying this, would love it, tbh

Old
02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

I guess kulikov would go the other way? We would also have a long jam at center in the future. Shore, Bjugstad, O'Reilly and who ever we pick with our top 10 2013 selection more than likely another center

Old
02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I guess kulikov would go the other way? We would also have a long jam at center in the future. Shore, Bjugstad, O'Reilly and who ever we pick with our top 10 2013 selection more than likely another center
If Kuli goes the other way, we'd better pick a d-men.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
If Kuli goes the other way, we'd better pick a d-men.
Or move Weiss for a suitable replacement

Old
02-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Boooooth10

So what if we trade for ROR and he doesn't want to play for us either? Will there be an unspoken agreement between both parties so we don't get ****ed over?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Georgia Panther

I think it rather pointless this talk of Weiss getting traded because I get the impression he won't waive his no-trade clause for the same reason he won't negotiate his contract during the season. He doesn't want to be bothered with it. He said this today in the Sun Sentinel.

Weiss, 29, said his slump also has nothing to do with rampant trade rumors and his impending free agency.

"No, it's not something I think about,'' Weiss said. "I have a no-move clause anyway, so I can't get traded without the team coming to me first if they wanted to do that. But that definitely doesn't bother me.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I think it rather pointless this talk of Weiss getting traded because I get the impression he won't waive his no-trade clause for the same reason he won't negotiate his contract during the season. He doesn't want to be bothered with it. He said this today in the Sun Sentinel.

Weiss, 29, said his slump also has nothing to do with rampant trade rumors and his impending free agency.

"No, it's not something I think about,'' Weiss said. "I have a no-move clause anyway, so I can't get traded without the team coming to me first if they wanted to do that. But that definitely doesn't bother me.
That is what I dont like about Weiss and if he doesnt get his 5+ million that he wants he will walk for nothing..

Old
02-18-2013, 06:28 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
That is what I dont like about Weiss and if he doesnt get his 5+ million that he wants he will walk for nothing..
If he does, good riddance.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Just for everyone's FYI, on CBC Hotstove on Saturday for anyone who didn't see it, Glenn Healy said now he's hearing Colorado wants two roster players, a prospect, and a high pick for O'Reilly. I'm guessing the prospect would be a top prospect. The whole panel was saying how ridiculous it was for Colorado to ask so much for O'Reilly. So he won't be cheap to acquire. And that supposed asking price is up from the other week when they were hearing it would cost a roster player and a prospect.

If the prospect Colorado asks for is Markstrom, Bjugstad, Shore, Matheson, or Petrovic, I can't see Tallon doing it. I think the price will probably come down, because nobody is going to pay that price. But who knows, Colorado has looked at least partially irrational about this whole thing with O'Reilly. He could also be asking for a lot more money than he's worth, though. That's another thing that scares me. If Colorado won't pay him what he wants, why would we? We're so cheap that we traded Ellerby to get rid of his salary. So you trade two roster players(who can't be garbage), you get back O'Reilly but then you'd also have to plug in someone else too on the roster. And Kulikov only makes 2M this season. O'Reilly is probably asking for around 4-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Actually Lindholm and Monahan can both play wing, and Drouin will most likely turn out to be a wing. MacKinnon can play wing also, in fact he's probably better suited to being a winger so he can be the featured shooter on a line. Also keep in mind, if the main pieces are O'Reilly for Kulikov, we would probably finish better than we would if we don't make this trade, so we might not get a top 5 pick. So at that point, we would most likely take a D, which is good so we can replace Kulikov. So we'd be looking at Nurse, Ristolainen, or Zadorov probably.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Just for everyone's FYI, on CBC Hotstove on Saturday for anyone who didn't see it, Glenn Healy said now he's hearing Colorado wants two roster players, a prospect, and a high pick for O'Reilly. I'm guessing the prospect would be a top prospect. The whole panel was saying how ridiculous it was for Colorado to ask so much for O'Reilly. So he won't be cheap to acquire. And that supposed asking price is up from the other week when they were hearing it would cost a roster player and a prospect.

If the prospect Colorado asks for is Markstrom, Bjugstad, Shore, Matheson, or Petrovic, I can't see Tallon doing it. I think the price will probably come down, because nobody is going to pay that price. But who knows, Colorado has looked at least partially irrational about this whole thing with O'Reilly. He could also be asking for a lot more money than he's worth, though. That's another thing that scares me. If Colorado won't pay him what he wants, why would we? We're so cheap that we traded Ellerby to get rid of his salary. So you trade two roster players(who can't be garbage), you get back O'Reilly but then you'd also have to plug in someone else too on the roster. And Kulikov only makes 2M this season. O'Reilly is probably asking for around 4-5.
Yeah, I don't think Tallon pulls the trigger on ROR. I was thinking maybe Kuli straight up would be more than fair. He has over 200 games of NHL experience, recently turned 22 years old and is a former 1st round pick. He's signed to a nice two-year contract and ROR doesn't even want to be an Avs. I know other teams might overpay so there's that. You gotta almost think that even if you threw in a prospect like Howden, that you'd be overpaying although I'm really sure how good ROR is or is going to be (haven't followed him).

Tallon's done good with salary dump trades, relieving other clubs' salary, and trading those who don't want to be here but I'm not sure I see him pull off a 'blockbuster' trade like this.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Yeah, I don't think Tallon pulls the trigger on ROR. I was thinking maybe Kuli straight up would be more than fair. He has over 200 games of NHL experience, recently turned 22 years old and is a former 1st round pick. He's signed to a nice two-year contract and ROR doesn't even want to be an Avs. I know other teams might overpay so there's that. You gotta almost think that even if you threw in a prospect like Howden, that you'd be overpaying although I'm really sure how good ROR is or is going to be (haven't followed him).

Tallon's done good with salary dump trades, relieving other clubs' salary, and trading those who don't want to be here but I'm not sure I see him pull off a 'blockbuster' trade like this.
Yeah, in training camp I thought Kuli for ROR would probably work more or less, but it seems like Colorado is asking for the moon. It's tough because O'Reilly has had one good year, but in that year he looked awesome, and he probably would be looking like that if he were playing right now, but we don't know that for sure. P.J. Stock said a lot of teams think O'Reilly is a #1 center. I'm not sure about that, I haven't watched enough of him to have a concrete opinion. That's a pretty bold statement though.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:27 PM
RainingRats

There's a bit of a disconnect for how ROR is valued by the Avs but what they want to actually pay him. Either he is worth a boatload of quality players and prospects(he's not) and then they should pay him his salary demands or they're posturing to get the price up as high as possible. I think based on how they haven't signed him his return wont be close to what they're asking.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:29 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, in training camp I thought Kuli for ROR would probably work more or less, but it seems like Colorado is asking for the moon. It's tough because O'Reilly has had one good year, but in that year he looked awesome, and he probably would be looking like that if he were playing right now, but we don't know that for sure. P.J. Stock said a lot of teams think O'Reilly is a #1 center. I'm not sure about that, I haven't watched enough of him to have a concrete opinion. That's a pretty bold statement though.
He's got #1 center potential, looks like he will grow into one. He's not a #1 center yet. No way.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Vancouver wanted the moon for Louie, where's he still? They're not gonna get a ton for him, Kuli straight up would be a great exchange for them; imo

Old
02-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Yeah, I mean two roster players, a prospect, and a high draft pick sounds like you're trying to get the likes of Stamkos or Malkin. Not some 3rd year kid who's not yet established and wants around $5 million dollars.

-ghoste

Old
02-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
There's a bit of a disconnect for how ROR is valued by the Avs but what they want to actually pay him. Either he is worth a boatload of quality players and prospects(he's not) and then they should pay him his salary demands or they're posturing to get the price up as high as possible. I think based on how they haven't signed him his return wont be close to what they're asking.
That's a very good point.

Closed Thread