HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Less spectacular than a toe drag but a higher level of difficulty. He improvised a move with a player between him and the puck. D gets his pockets picked and is shoved out of the play. Leads to the OT winning goal.
Yea, I'm not sure why people are worried. Even some of the pass attempts he's made, even if they don't connect, make you think of the potential future. He made a couple no look passes from behind the net this game that would have been highlight reel if Pacioretty/Gallagher received it cleanly. I've noticed a few redirect touch passes over the past few games too that show high end vision. So many little things he does like this has me convinced he's going to be special. If only the Habs give him some icetime on the right boards for 4 on 3s and 5 on 3s...he and Markov will pick D apart with their passing.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yea, I'm not sure why people are worried. Even some of the pass attempts he's made, even if they don't connect, make you think of the potential future. He made a couple no look passes from behind the net this game that would have been highlight reel if Pacioretty/Gallagher received it cleanly. I've noticed a few redirect touch passes over the past few games too that show high end vision. So many little things he does like this has me convinced he's going to be special. If only the Habs give him some icetime on the right boards for 4 on 3s and 5 on 3s...he and Markov will pick D apart with their passing.
I don't think anyone is worried. Seems like everyone sees the same
things you do.Some really special plays, but not yet having a complete
NHL game. Very impressive for his age.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:25 PM
jedimyrmidon

Sometimes it looks like he's firing off passes too hard and quickly.

At the same time, a lot of those passes aren't being picked off by the opposing team either despite them going through 2-3 players, which is pretty good. And they definitely have a purpose (not just wildly firing the puck off).

I like his vision. There aren't many Habs players who can decide what to do with the puck as fast as he can. I think he can probably try and hold on to it longer if anything.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:59 PM
LaTenderness

It's clear guys are having trouble handling his passes. Patches was used to getting baby passes from DD now his hands are too sensitive to handle Gallys grown ass man passes.... It's sad

Old
02-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Not trying to nitpick about AGally's play but does he always rush to get the puck to other players? I've only seen highlights from his play in Sarnia and was just wondering why he won't control the puck and settle down. Is it just nerves or is that really his style of play?
I dunno. IMHO, you need to make quick plays. If he sees options, he should go for it. You keep the puck for too long and the options disappear. (That's usually what happens with Eller.)

Personally, I like players that distribute the puck swiftly. Lots of great players are like that.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
http://instagram.com/p/VxzCyYSEUL/

Now that is a cake.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:21 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
What do you think should be done differently. It seems to may that
they are handling Chucky really well.
Just my ranting my fears My wife is sick of hearing it. You're right and I'll tone it down.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Just my ranting my fears My wife is sick of hearing it. You're right and I'll tone it down.
Now that I understand. That's why I'm always preaching caution with this kid.
Fear is a big part of it.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Saundies

The kid looks like he's starting to settle in nicely. The Florida game was one of the best games he's played this year in terms of handling the puck and getting shots off. That assist at the end wasn't bad either

Old
02-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Still thinking about that one touch redirect pass to Gallagher on the right of the neutral zone

Old
02-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Galchenyuk was key in the first goal that really got the offense started for the habs. And he started using his shot a lot more in the 2nd. Damn that wrist shot

Old
02-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Can't believe he only played 12 minutes. Sure felt like more. Good to see him shoot a lot more, the goals will come soon if he keeps doing that.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:20 PM
NotProkofievian

He played a very good game tonight. He's really starting to calm down and make some plays.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Thought he played great tonight, one of his best.

I really can't give Therrien enough praise for how he's managed his ice time so far this year, as well as his match-ups and linemates. I don't ever remember a Canadiens coach bringing along a rookie as well as how Galchenyuk (and Gallagher) have been by Therrien.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

That one late play when he had his back to the dman in the middle of the zone and passed it back was so confident.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Haven't watched your game tonight, but Galchenyuk looked amazing on 1st goal on sportscenter.

You guys got a steal of a guy there.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:24 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

I really can't give Therrien enough praise for how he's managed his ice time so far this year, as well as his match-ups and linemates. I don't ever remember a Canadiens coach bringing along a rookie as well as how Galchenyuk (and Gallagher) have been by Therrien.
Agreed. That was one of the bigger reasons I felt he would make the Habs this season. MT knows what he's doing.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:45 PM
hockeyman*

I thought this was probably one his best games of the season. Seems to be finally adjusting to the speed and style of the game now. I wouldn't be surprised if he lights it up soon, they way he was playing tonight was reminiscent of his play in Sarnia. I've seen most of the games this year, while racking up a nice bill with OHL stream lol. He's getting that confidence back with the puck again and needs to continue shooting. This kid's ability to adapt astounds me, and we're just beginning to see what he'll be able to do with the puck.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:

Cant agree with you more. Therrien is a heck of a coach. Not the same coach that we had here before, much more experienced, and compose.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Undertakerqc

BTW he is now +8, thats amazing for a rookie.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:02 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I just wish that Chuckie would hold on to the puck a bit more. I guess that comes with time and a bit more self assurance. The few times he has held on to the puck this year, he has produced sparks. Just let the kid skate with he puck and he's a game changer.

I'm nt saying he should hold on to the puck for his 45 second shift. Just saying that I hope he slowly starts to settle in after today's performance.

Great Game tonight. Maybe the fact that he plays only 12 min/game might frustrate us now, but I got a feeling this will benefit Chuckie later on this season

Old
02-19-2013, 12:39 AM
TroyM

I too was surprised that was only 12 minutes today, looked like he was on the ice all the time. Really made an impact. He wasn't playing bad by any means for the last while but it was nice to see him really stand out tonight, one of his best for sure and I hope he keeps these performances coming! You can obviously see the flashes of talent he possesses, so fun to watch him in his rookie year.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:29 AM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
BTW he is now +8, thats amazing for a rookie.
That pretty much shows MT has placed Chuckie in fairly favourable situations to help him develop and succeed!

Alex only played under 13 minutes but every time he gains possession of the puck in the offensive zone, it's hard not to notice his distinctive moves.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:35 AM
groovejuice

Quote:

He's been outstanding on the back check and was harder on the puck and the man. 4 pm! He's also getting some good wristers on goal, but this ain't junior, and he needs to get more in the slot. NHL goalies will easily stop the unscreened wide shots most of the time.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:04 AM
habtastic

Even though his first goal was big, I thought tonight was his best game yet. Finally took some shots (and boy were they wicked) and did less predictable things. His play on Prust's goal was magical. If only the other players could handle his passes!

Closed Thread