HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Old
02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
1. He will priobably stay in Russia. He will stay in Chelyabinsk. He will stay with Kuznetsov. A lot of GMs will have their concerns about using a top 10 pick on a player they will see dress for their team in say 5 years. I don't necessarily see him go in the top 10. That's the whole point.

2. He is better than any of the players you mention. By a margin.

You really think Canada's offence is better?

Russian arrogance is just as bad as canadian one. WOW,look at ****ing statistics of Canadian players in NHL and now look at yours.They have better offensive players it`s not even a debate. FFS,canada humiliated you in 2010.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:03 PM
HockeyInRussia
Rookie User

Russia is not better than Canada in almost every category, plain and simple.

HockeyInRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:20 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Russian arrogance is just as bad as canadian one. WOW,look at ****ing statistics of Canadian players in NHL and now look at yours.They have better offensive players it`s not even a debate. FFS,canada humiliated you in 2010.
I'm glad you got pleasure. I'm just trying not to mention when someone/something humiliated you. If you follow sports closely you should know that in one day can happen anything. Pittsburgh in PO last season won one game 10:1 but lost series. Yes overall Philadelphia outscored Pittsburgh but who can say in his right mind that forwards in orange are better than forwards in black&gold. Show me GM who would choose Giroux/Hartnell over Malkin/Crosby

Yes Canada won in 2010, but please remind me who defeated Canada in 2006.

Last edited by od71: 02-19-2013 at 01:39 AM.
od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:34 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyInRussia View Post
Russia is not better than Canada in almost every category, plain and simple.
Nobody stated that Russia is better than Canada in every category, plain and simple

Old
02-19-2013, 12:38 AM
od71

Quote:
In your eyes maybe,objectively speaking not really. You want to tell me that datsyuk is better than stamkos,giroux,nash etc combined dont think so.
Lol! I agree. I think that stamkos,giroux,nash etc combined would have won had they played hockey against datsyuk alone.

Last edited by od71: 02-19-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 01:04 AM
HockeyInRussia
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
Nobody stated that Russia is better than Canada in every category, plain and simple
No, but someone did say that Russia's offense is better. I responded to his comment.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:14 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyInRussia View Post
No, but someone did say that Russia's offense is better. I responded to his comment.
How did he dare!!! Lol
I do think too that Russia's offense is better. If someone makes deep and general analysis out of one game, go ahead

Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
"That's not fair, Canadians are better at the NHL because it lacks finesse and skill, they could never do that in the far superior KHL"

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:29 AM
HockeyInRussia
Rookie User

Quote:
How did he dare!!! Lol
I do think too that Russia's offense is better. If someone makes deep and general analysis out of one game, go ahead
My analysis is DEFINITELY not based on one game.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:55 AM
HockeyInRussia
Rookie User

After 52 regular season games, Kevin Dallman ends up with the best +/- in the KHL with +28.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:27 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I'm glad you got pleasure. I'm just trying not to mention when someone/something humiliated you. If you follow sports closely you should know that in one day can happen anything. Pittsburgh in PO last season won one game 10:1 but lost series. Yes overall Philadelphia outscored Pittsburgh but who can say in his right mind that forwards in orange are better than forwards in black&gold. Show me GM who would choose Giroux/Hartnell over Malkin/Crosby

Yes Canada won in 2010, but please remind me who defeated Canada in 2006.
Again,that was not my main point. If you compare the statistics of high end calibre players in NHL (russians and canadians) there cannot be a shadow of a doubt. You guys will be considered weaker than canada,but that doesnt mean you cant win,its just that canada is the favourite to win gold.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:43 AM
ult

I'll just throw 5 facts in here.

-Russia is superior.
-Canadians need to have 98% of the nation play hockey to stay competitive.
-Fins are drinking more vodka than Russians.
-Ukrainians don't know which side to hold the hockey stick.
-This is a KHL thread.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:56 AM
od71

Quote:
Again,that was not my main point. If you compare the statistics of high end calibre players in NHL (russians and canadians) there cannot be a shadow of a doubt. You guys will be considered weaker than canada,but that doesnt mean you cant win,its just that canada is the favourite to win gold.
I've been thinking how to answer you, but that guy made it better:

"Do you need stats? Tarasenko stats are better this season but he is still a bit worse than Kuznetsov. Well, last season Ribeiro's stats were better than Datsyuk's. Does it mean Ribeoro is a better player? No.
"

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=175

Especially stats based on 15 games.

Currently Vanek is #1 he is higher than Malkin, Dats, Covy. Does it mean that he is better?

Last edited by od71: 02-19-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:04 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I've been thinking how to answer you, but that guy made it better:

"Do you need stats? Tarasenko stats are better this season but he is still a bit worse than Kuznetsov. Well, last season Ribeiro's stats were better than Datsyuk's. Does it mean Ribeoro is a better player? No.
"

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=175

Especially stats based on 15 games.
I`m not talking about this season,but the last one.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:38 AM
od71

Quote:
I`m not talking about this season,but the last one.
Again:
"
Last season Malkin won Hart over Stamkos not because he outscored him. (btw Stamkos scored more goals), but because he badly outplayed him.
Pts are not everything in hockey.
I admire fans, who are saying:"someone is on pace of 200 pts a season, he is greatest player". You can read it rather frequently on HF.

Last edited by od71: 02-19-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:52 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

deleted

Last edited by vorky: 02-19-2013 at 06:04 AM.
vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:24 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
a little off-topic, no?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:51 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
1. He will priobably stay in Russia. He will stay in Chelyabinsk. He will stay with Kuznetsov. A lot of GMs will have their concerns about using a top 10 pick on a player they will see dress for their team in say 5 years. I don't necessarily see him go in the top 10. That's the whole point.

2. He is better than any of the players you mention. By a margin.

You really think Canada's offence is better?

1. As of now he's ranked 2nd and to be out of top-10 is a bit too much of the slide. Although that's possible.

2. Now he arguably is. Obviously not by a margin but as of now he could make the biggest impact in men's hockey. But speed, size and these power moves are not going to make him a star. Let me take a wild guess here, you don't watch much of the junior hockey, do you?

3. Yes, I really think Canada's offense is better and, more importantly, stats reflect it. I mean kind of an odd thing but Kovalchuk and Semin are the only Russians playing on the 1st lines in their teams this season.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post

Let's be reality, Malkin is the only Russian to score as efficiently as the other Canadians.
sample size: 1 game

WOW! You, sir, are an expert!

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
1. As of now he's ranked 2nd and to be out of top-10 is a bit too much of the slide. Although that's possible.

2. Now he arguably is. Obviously not by a margin but as of now he could make the biggest impact in men's hockey. But speed, size and these power moves are not going to make him a star. Let me take a wild guess here, you don't watch much of the junior hockey, do you?

3. Yes, I really think Canada's offense is better and, more importantly, stats reflect it. I mean kind of an odd thing but Kovalchuk and Semin are the only Russians playing on the 1st lines in their teams this season.
2. Let me take a wild guess. You haven't seen him or other russian prospects play on junior level much? My wild guess is I have a much better sample size on russian junior hockey than you.

3. Stats reflect a lot of stuff for ppl like you tio thrive on. You can make everything you need out of them. Your 1st line argument is the most laughable one. Also the fact that you stick with the NHL only speaks volumes. "1st line in the NHL = GOD. Not 1st line in the NHL = BUST" Great orwellesque logic.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
2. Let me take a wild guess. You haven't seen him or other russian prospects play on junior level much? My wild guess is I have a much better sample size on russian junior hockey than you.

3. Stats reflect a lot of stuff for ppl like you tio thrive on. You can make everything you need out of them. Your 1st line argument is the most laughable one. Also the fact that you stick with the NHL only speaks volumes. "1st line in the NHL = GOD. Not 1st line in the NHL = BUST" Great orwellesque logic.
Well how else can you compare both countries best offensive material if not in the strongest league in the world?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Ahhh, the expected latvian comment.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Well how else can you compare both countries best offensive material if not in the strongest league in the world?
Numbers are for geeks. How many points John Tavares would score once on a decent team? What would Pavel Datsyuk's point totals look like if he hat a decent winger? How many hits Alexei Yemelin would have if not in Montreal? Anfd how would all those players look on big ice?

You can compare whatever you want. Ovechkin sucks in the NHL, but he was the OV-Beast on the NT and with Dinamo Moscow, so I don't care. There are too many factors no stat will ever tell you.

I've seen those players with different coaches in different situations(also off the ice). I can tell a unique player from a very good one. Gretzky was unique, Crosby is unique(I don't like him as a person at all), but then there is a whole bunch of just great players.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:12 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I was not insulting Russia,i was just saying you have to look at this realistically-Canada is stronger either you want to admit it or not.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:40 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
it's tiring to read your arrogant, often insulting posts, I wish there was a black list here, somehow.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote