HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kassian vs Hodgson

View Poll Results: ?
Kassian 84 35.44%
Hodgson 153 64.56%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Hodgson's looks like a 60 point player. Should be solid on faceoffs.

Kassian, if he develops, should be a 40-45 point player. He'll come with physicality and toughness.

Thing is, Hodgson would never get a chance like he is in Buffalo. Behind Kesler and Sedin. In Buffalo, he's behind... No one ?

If they develop as is I think both teams will be happy. They both got what they needed. What might shift the power is if Sulzer does well in Buffalo as Gragnani is gone already.
I agree with Dubi.

Kassian has far greater skill and smarts than he is given credit for. I could see him hitting 65 Points aswell. While getting anywhere from 50-60 consistently.

Hodgson I also agree with. I think he could be a consistent 60-70+ point guy. With the occasional season of PPG here and there, if he is in the right situation. Which it looks like he is right now.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Kassians actually at a 41 point pace/ 82 games while Hodgson is at 72 point pace/ 82 games, so offensively Cody is destroying Kassian.
Defensively, Hodgson is being destroyed worse than any other player in the modern era...

You win by outscoring the opposition, not by putting up points.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Don't see any Canucks fans talking about how Kassian has looked like an AHLer his last 6 games.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
Don't see any Canucks fans talking about how Kassian has looked like an AHLer his last 6 games.
ummm check the Canucks board, specifically our GDTs and even more specifically last game's GDT. Just because we didn't ***** on the mainboards and bump the 50th Kassian vs Hodgson thread (it's beginning to become a Taylor vs Tyler type thing). We have called him out on our board, and we all knew consistency was an issue with Kassian, I saw this slump coming a mile away.

Last edited by LPH: 02-18-2013 at 07:29 PM.
LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
rsg87

This is an honest question: has Kassian disappeared for you guys for games at a time where he seems to refuse to be physical? It was a huge problem when he was in Buffalo and I am just curious if he solved that and brought the intensity every night. He seemed to be a physical presence but only when he wanted to.

rsg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg87 View Post
This is an honest question: has Kassian disappeared for you guys for games at a time where he seems to refuse to be physical? It was a huge problem when he was in Buffalo and I am just curious if he solved that and brought the intensity every night. He seemed to be a physical presence but only when he wanted to.
yup, it's something that will probably take a few year to fully fix. I just want him to be consistently physical, but he only hits and intimidates when he's on his game

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:20 AM
the beat
cursum perficio

This trade won't be able to be fully judged for several years yet. It could honestly go either way. Hodgson is the safer bet but if Kassian fully develops to his full potential I don't think there will be any question that he becomes the more valuable player.

the beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:21 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
You're looking in the wrong places then.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:51 AM
lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg87 View Post
Yes he has. sometimes he's just doesn't stop hitting, sometimes, he will have like 1 or 2 hit the entire game. And no, he hasn't looked like an AHLEr the last 6 games. Don't listen to the haters. He assisted on the game winning goal just a few nights ago.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Kassian 2 points in the last 16. Hodgson is tied for 16th in center scoring. Cody is not as bad defensively as some people say. I haven't missed Kassian at all with Steve Otts addition who hits far more then Kassian and not to mention Marcus Foligno.

Hodgson will be a fixture as a top 6 center for the next 10 years. Love Sulzer in our top 6 to. Tremendous trade.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Kassian 2 points in the last 16. Hodgson is tied for 16th in center scoring. Cody is not as bad defensively as some people say. I haven't missed Kassian at all with Steve Otts addition who hits far more then Kassian and not to mention Marcus Foligno.

Hodgson will be a fixture as a top 6 center for the next 10 years. Love Sulzer in our top 6 to. Tremendous trade.
I'm happy for you. Vancouver still makes that trade, rather have a player that wants to be here. Kassian adds more of a dynamic to Vancouver, Hodgson is just another skill player Vancouver has a ton of those.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:13 PM
CanucksSayEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Hodgson is just another skill player Vancouver has a ton of those.
We have 2.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Ruff lasted 20 years in Buffalo until Hodgson became his 1st line centre and the team sits 29th in the NHL right now. You seem pretty happy about things considering this could be the worst year in Sabres history.

If Kassian doesn't develop into a top 6 forward this trade will go down as a disaster for Mike Gillis. I still think Kassian has enough tools to get to that level. Hard to find that combination of size, strength, vision and skill.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Ruff lasted 20 years in Buffalo until Hodgson became his 1st line centre and the team sits 29th in the NHL right now. You seem pretty happy about things considering this could be the worst year in Sabres history.

If Kassian doesn't develop into a top 6 forward this trade will go down as a disaster for Mike Gillis. I still think Kassian has enough tools to get to that level. Hard to find that combination of size, strength, vision and skill.
Ruff got fired because he's terrible. Not because he put Hodgson on the 1st line

I am pretty happy with this season, it's half a one and only 3 months long so the best year to tank and guarantee Mackinnon, Drouin or Jones I like giving ample time to Cody, his skating has vastly improved (even though his legs are too "short" according to some ) or was it that his defense was so bad and that he has no chance of ever improving in that aspect

I think Canuck fans saying Cody Who? After the first 2 games were a bit premature. Kassian has two points in his last 16 games. Putrid. Hodgson has nearly 3x as many points and Kassian is no better defensively. Kassian did the same thing in Buffalo in his 27 game stint, looked good the first few games then was literally invisible the rest of the way. A lot of Sabre fans who watched him play in Rochester even called him out on his brutal effort and lackadaisical attitude/play prior to him even being called up. Looks like they have been right so far though Kassian certainly is young and skilled enough to turn it around, but he isn't so skilled as to make it a guarantee he does turn it around

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:49 PM
CanucksSayEh

Cody is gonna finish with more ES goals, than Kassian will have total points + Keslers games played this year.

I'm too angry to cry.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Kassian did the same thing in Buffalo in his 27 game stint, looked good the first few games then was literally invisible the rest of the way. A lot of Sabre fans who watched him play in Rochester even called him out on his brutal effort and lackadaisical attitude/play prior to him even being called up. Looks like they have been right so far though Kassian certainly is young and skilled enough to turn it around, but he isn't so skilled as to make it a guarantee he does turn it around
Show me a 6'3, 225lb forward and I'll show you a guy constantly dogged by questions about effort and consistency. It comes with the territory of being that size, especially for young players.

Big men like Clowe/Bertuzzi/C. Stewart/Lucic/Penner/Byfuglien/Kassian aren't going to play with pace consistently over a long regular season. It's come playoff time when everyone ramps up their level of intensity where these players are so valuable.

Kassian isn't ready to be an impact player at the age of 22. Most guys his size aren't at that age.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:56 PM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

If Kesler was healthy, Hodgson would be a 3rd or 4th line centre or in the AHL. When Kassian had the chance to play in the top 6 for the Canucks he produced. This was a fair deal and it will prove to be an equal hockey trade.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:09 AM
CanucksSayEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Big men like Clowe/Bertuzzi/C. Stewart/Lucic/Penner/Byfuglien/Kassian aren't going to play with pace consistently over a long regular season. It's come playoff time when everyone ramps up their level of intensity where these players are so valuable.
While that sounds great and all, Buff and Penner (sorta) are the only ones on that list that up their game come playoffs.

Stewart has like 5 playoff points

Lucic and playoff scoring do not compute

Kesler, despite only really showing up offensively for 1 series, scored more points in our cup run, than Bertuzzi did in his 8 year tenure with the Canucks.

Clowe has zero goals this year, San Jose seems to be begging for his trade.

They may be built to survive the playoffs, but the job of actually getting from series to series, is won by others. Canucks haven't lacked hits nor puck possesion, they've lacked skilled depth and scoring.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:52 AM
jgoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
If Kesler was healthy, Hodgson would be a 3rd or 4th line centre or in the AHL. When Kassian had the chance to play in the top 6 for the Canucks he produced. This was a fair deal and it will prove to be an equal hockey trade.
the way he's playing definitely not, kesler would get moved to wing or he would be playing with the twins. Right now buffalo has won the trade because hodgson has more value. If Kassian can put up close to Lucic numbers then the trade will be close but it's looking like he was only hot for the first 10 games

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Nuck This

Bump. Through the first two games Hodgson has been on the ice for every goal against. Love.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:12 AM
phillipmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Bump. Through the first two games Hodgson has been on the ice for every goal against. Love.
You do realize that Buffalo only has given up 3 goals in those two games.

You are trying to troll and that was a terrible job.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:16 AM
jc17

vCash: 250
Quote:
Yeah...all 3 goals.

jc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Love

Quote:
And Kassian hasnt been on the ice for any goals yet!

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I voted for the better player. That's Hodgson.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Some people need to let this trade go, above is an example of such a person.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote