HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Colorado (yes o'reilly)

Old
02-19-2013, 01:05 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
As a leaf fan I can't believe that a trade between our fan bases is actually being agreed upon for one of colorados centers and all it took was 3 years lol.
Whats this world coming too?!

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:05 AM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

You must have taken weeks to think of this great proposal. Well thought out If only the GMs could see this to make it happen. I'd be such a happy man.

The Pwnerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
As a leaf fan I can't believe that a trade between our fan bases is actually being agreed upon for one of colorados centers and all it took was 3 years lol.
Well it took you guys 3 years to offer us this little gem. Well done to the op.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Numbers

Why not keep it simple

O'Reilly

For

Gardiner

It works nicely because neither players are on roster for either team right now. O'Reilly I think is more valuable then Gardiner, but since he is not signed it reduces his value. Gardiner helps replace shattenkirk. Next year Toronto lets Bozak walk, or trades at deadline for value. O'Reilly, Grabovksi, Kadri as teams center depth for the future. Reilly is coming next year, and currently Gardiner cannot make the team, so it is not like a downgrade. Sign Kessel and there is long term winger depth with Lupul and JVR. Only question long term is goaltending.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Well, it was a good proposal. All Avs fans have been asking for is defensman, and quality. This one has both.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:14 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
That is the spirit.

I call Sherman and you call Nonis and lets just get this mess over with.
I am just sick of it right now.
It is time to move on and make a run for the playoffs (we are not that far out). Go Aves!

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:16 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Why not keep it simple

O'Reilly

For

Gardiner

It works nicely because neither players are on roster for either team right now. O'Reilly I think is more valuable then Gardiner, but since he is not signed it reduces his value. Gardiner helps replace shattenkirk. Next year Toronto lets Bozak walk, or trades at deadline for value. O'Reilly, Grabovksi, Kadri as teams center depth for the future. Reilly is coming next year, and currently Gardiner cannot make the team, so it is not like a downgrade. Sign Kessel and there is long term winger depth with Lupul and JVR. Only question long term is goaltending.
no the core is finally taking shape you don't move the guy the D will be built around

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Well, it was a good proposal. All Avs fans have been asking for is defensman, and quality. This one has both.
Really surprised Avs fans want to accept quantity deal, with Gunnarson being the center piece lol. Oh well I don't mind Colorado losing deals since they are in same division as my team.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:17 AM
frankthetank91

To be honest, if any of you watched Leaf games and not just laugh when you dont know...Bozak is playing kn ROR level of last season. He's been an absolute beast, enjoy the lottery though it's a good draft year.

frankthetank91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
no the core is finally taking shape you don't move the guy the D will be built around
If the defence will be built around him why cannot he make the team. Sorry but that is overvaluing Gardiner. Pretty sure Colorado management won't trade O'Reilly for anything less than Gardiner or Kadri. You gotta think there are better offers out there, then Gunnarson center piece deal???

Old
02-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
To be honest, if any of you watched Leaf games and not just laugh when you dont know...Bozak is playing kn ROR level of last season. He's been an absolute beast, enjoy the lottery though it's a good draft year.
I agree. I've really caught on to Bozak. Very good top 6 center. Stepped into his own this year in a contract year. Could be an excellent option behind Duchene.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
You had me at Toronto.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Toronto has more to worry about Bozak going to UFA, then Anaheim does for Getzslaf! Bozak is a beast!! Lol in all seriousness I hope you are kidding, Nonis has not even began talking to him about extension what do you think that means?

Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Remember2004

Finally a different proposal than Bozak,Kadri and 2nd oh wait...

Remember2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
No it's better now. Bozak, Gunnarson, 2nd! Bozak the Beast!!

Old
02-19-2013, 01:26 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
If I'm an Avs fan I'd do this deal...

I guess I haven't been around for all of the Leafs/Avs proposals. I'd accept a Toronto deal that includes a guy like Bozak so long as he isn't the centrepiece. Kadri seems to be coming into his own as a top 6 forward

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:27 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If the defence will be built around him why cannot he make the team. Sorry but that is overvaluing Gardiner. Pretty sure Colorado management won't trade O'Reilly for anything less than Gardiner or Kadri. You gotta think there are better offers out there, then Gunnarson center piece deal???
because right now they don't want to mess up chemistry but make no mistake as soon as they can get him in they will the kid lead all rookie D in points last year he's on the team first chance they get.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:34 AM
HappyGilmourr

Honestly don't see it making sense $$$$ wise. Liles at nearly 4, Bozak will be at around 3-3.5 next season. Thats 7 million total... O'reilly seems to be asking 5 but I think he would settle for 4.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Honestly don't see it making sense $$$$ wise. Liles at nearly 4, Bozak will be at around 3-3.5 next season. Thats 7 million total... O'reilly seems to be asking 5 but I think he would settle for 4.
The leafs will probably save 2 mil from this deal at least. Colorado has plenty of cap space to take on the extra salary

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:49 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Also I'm happy people like my proposal but I only do the deal with liles, not gunnerson. Gunnerson is a young, cheap top 4 defenceman and arguably the leafs best Defencman most nights. The difference between o'reilly and bozak is not gunnerson IMO. But if the aves like the deal with liles (plus Percy,2nd) than we have a deal

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

I commend the OP for putting together a reasonably fair deal as total value goes, but it's still a "spare parts" deal on the whole (and not insubstantial salary coming the Avs' way). Ultimately, I don't think any of the pieces coming Colorado's way have enough high end talent for Avs management to be interested.

To the OP, I don't think the value is off, I just don't think the pieces are right. O'Reilly makes the rising Toronto better long term, whereas the pieces coming back to the Avs look like a Flames-style retool. And you don't want to look like a Flames-style retool.

I think any of the pieces that Toronto would be expected to give up are too central to Toronto's future (And their present good play) for O'Reilly to be attainable.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:52 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Also I'm happy people like my proposal but I only do the deal with liles, not gunnerson. Gunnerson is a young, cheap top 4 defenceman and arguably the leafs best Defencman most nights. The difference between o'reilly and bozak is not gunnerson IMO. But if the aves like the deal with liles (plus Percy,2nd) than we have a deal
ok so no what? Do we email the gm's ?

Old
02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
The leafs will probably save 2 mil from this deal at least. Colorado has plenty of cap space to take on the extra salary
but they likely have an internal budget - a reason why O'Reilly likely isn't signed.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
I commend the OP for putting together a reasonably fair deal as total value goes, but it's still a "spare parts" deal on the whole (and not insubstantial salary coming the Avs' way). Ultimately, I don't think any of the pieces coming Colorado's way have enough high end talent for Avs management to be interested.

To the OP, I don't think the value is off, I just don't think the pieces are right. Reilly makes the rising Toronto better long term, whereas the pieces coming back to the Avs look like a Flames-style retool. And you don't want to look like a Flames-style retool.
rising Toronto ? WOW never thought I'd see another fan base say that

Old
02-19-2013, 01:55 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
but they likely have an internal budget - a reason why O'Reilly likely isn't signed.
That is not true.

BrickAHL is online now   Reply With Quote