HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Colorado (yes o'reilly)

Old
02-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
rising Toronto ? WOW never thought I'd see another fan base say that
I'm no fan, but I like Toronto. It's good to see them doing well... hey, with Detroit going down a bit and Toronto coming up, we may see a good game in the eventual Winter Classic.

And Toronto is finally getting to the point where the team is built around some solid young pieces. I wouldn't call the playoffs guaranteed and a slump/downfall is still possible this year, but I'm comfortable saying the team is much closer. I also think Carlyle is a much better coach. Give him a decent roster and he'll give other teams hell.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:00 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
That is not true.
maybe, I'm not claiming i'm an "insider" just seems weird that you can't come to terms with a player whom your fan base seems to regard so highly.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Gunnerson grew up a fan of the Aves. Good fit imo.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:04 AM
HappyGilmourr

Gunnarson + Bozak + Percy/2nd makes more sense IMO... I would rather do the OP's deal though.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
ok so no what? Do we email the gm's ?
Sounds good to me! I already faxed a copy of the proposal over to mr nonis

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:06 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Also I'm happy people like my proposal but I only do the deal with liles, not gunnerson. Gunnerson is a young, cheap top 4 defenceman and arguably the leafs best Defencman most nights. The difference between o'reilly and bozak is not gunnerson IMO. But if the aves like the deal with liles (plus Percy,2nd) than we have a deal
Avs fans are just pretending to like your proposal

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Gunnarson + Bozak + Percy/2nd makes more sense IMO... I would rather do the OP's deal though.
I think this would be a little better from the Avs perspective, and I think I'd do it from their end. For Toronto, this is a case of gotta give to get. It'd hurt a little to give up Gunnarson, but ultimately he's a replaceable player long term.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:08 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
but we want Liles back. He played for us once so he must love to come back. Is there a way to add a Stastny- Grabo swap?

Grabo was an Aves fan growing up. It would probably cost you Colbourne but I guess that would be fair and we could reunite Grabo and Bozak on the Aves.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:15 AM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

If you add in Bozak, I think we have a deal.

RTN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Prophet Kadri

I'm just gonna step in here to call shenanigans.
Avs fans are gonna be so mad when ROR gets offersheeted for 7yrs @ 4.5 mil. You can have your 15th overall and 75th overall.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Dr_Gonz0

Oiler fan bystander here ...

To CBS:

- Ryan O'Reilly
- Stefan Elliott
- 2013 1st round pick

To COL:

- Jack Johnson
- Ryan Johansen

Colorado reloads and gains pieces that help now and in the future. Playoffs this season would still be a possibility, especially when EJ returns.

Columbus gets to roll into one of the best drafts in the past decade with four 1st round picks and can lay a foundation for a solid hockey club going forward. O'Reilly is part of that foundation.

Dr_Gonz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
Oiler fan bystander here ...

To CBS:

- Ryan O'Reilly
- Stefan Elliott
- 2013 1st round pick

To COL:

- Jack Johnson
- Ryan Johansen

Colorado reloads and gains pieces that help now and in the future. Playoffs this season would still be a possibility, especially when EJ returns.

Columbus gets to roll into one of the best drafts in the past decade with four 1st round picks and can lay a foundation for a solid hockey club going forward. O'Reilly is part of that foundation.
That's an interesting offer from the perspective of value.

Regarding JMFJ, I think the CBJ management would be smart to move him for a player like O'Reilly. I also think the Avs should stay away as despite his offense, the guy is a defensive black hole. Absolutely terribad. But maybe that's what a second line center with contract holdout issues will bring in for a team.

Also, the Avs could have a "no more tears" top pairing, which I'd find pretty funny, to be honest.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:28 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Avs fans are gonna be so mad when ROR gets offersheeted for 7yrs @ 4.5 mil. You can have your 15th overall and 75th overall.
you forgot the 45th overall pick. Might want to re-check how OS are compensated under the new CBA.

@CBJ fan: No.
Elliott + ROR+ 1st for JJ and RyJo is an absolute NO from the Avs. Without the 1st it is closer. In the end I do it but it is not an instant yes. I don't like RyJo all that much but he is worth more than Elliott and JJ for contract dispute ROR is fair.
But:
Adding our lottery pick is not gonna happen.
No one is getting our 1st on top of ROR. You would have to offer OEL or something ridiculous like that. We are very much in the mix for Jones or MacKinnon. That pick goes nowhere.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:32 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
I have not actually been able to find a compensation chart under new CBA...can someone link me to it.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Read the CBA again.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
you forgot the 45th overall pick. Might want to re-check how OS are compensated under the new CBA.

@CBJ fan: No.
Elliott + ROR+ 1st for JJ and RyJo is an absolute NO from the Avs. Without the 1st it is closer. In the end I do it but it is not an instant yes. I don't like RyJo all that much but he is worth more than Elliott and JJ for contract dispute ROR is fair.
But:
Adding our lottery pick is not gonna happen.
No one is getting our 1st on top of ROR. You would have to offer OEL or something ridiculous like that. We are very much in the mix for Jones or MacKinnon. That pick goes nowhere.
Ultimately, agree with this. The Avs 1st pick is going to be way too high to ship. Hell, their 2nd could be pretty valuable with the depth of this draft, but I see it fitting into the above CBJ deal.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:42 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Bozak
Liles
Stuart Percy
2nd

For

O'Reilly
Brad Malone

Avalance get good roster players that can help them win now. Liles is familiar with Colorado and would provide much needed offence to colorados blue line. Bozak would fit the 3C role in Colorado perfectly behind duchene and stastny. Percy who was a first round pick last year, plus a 2nd for O'Reilly who would come to toronto to be the 1C and a mid prospect also coming toronto in brad Malone to even out the deal a bit.
If Bozak was under contract for another couple years or at least a RFA at seasons end this deal look appealing. However his UFA status just puts COL in a worse situation as with ROR they at least have his rights. Bozak leaving as an UFA would be brutal.

Another point is IMO Bozak needs to play top 6 to be productive. Lets not forget who he's playing with in TO. I think if COL pulled off this deal and was able to sign Bozak they'd be best served in moving Stastny for a Stafford + deal with Buffalo to add size and better balance the books and lines

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Man Bear Pig

I'd agree to the OP's proposal only if the second isn't in this draft, but for 2014. Or, if it's this years, then it's changed to a third.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:37 AM
KiNG HaRJ

To Leafs: O'Reilly

To Avs: Gunnarson
Kulemin

KiNG HaRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:49 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Bozak
Liles
Stuart Percy
2nd

For

O'Reilly
Brad Malone

Avalance get good roster players that can help them win now. Liles is familiar with Colorado and would provide much needed offence to colorados blue line. Bozak would fit the 3C role in Colorado perfectly behind duchene and stastny. Percy who was a first round pick last year, plus a 2nd for O'Reilly who would come to toronto to be the 1C and a mid prospect also coming toronto in brad Malone to even out the deal a bit.

I don't know who Brad Malone is, but I see no reason to even consider swapping Liles, Percy and a 2nd for him.

As for trading our #1C for O'Reilly, it's really a lateral move. If we're going to move a centre for O'Reilly, it should be Grabovski.

Fans here are going to have to understand, that Bozak holds substantially more value to the Leafs than any other team. If you're Tyler Bozak, you have absolutely no reason to even consider testing the market as a UFA if Toronto's offering you a deal.

If there's a deal to be done from Toronto's standpoint, it's Grabovski+ for O'Reilly, assuming that he can be resigned at substantially less than the $5.5m Grabovski is being paid... thereby putting the Leafs in a better position to pursue a high-end #1C.

Last edited by seanlinden: 02-19-2013 at 06:54 AM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:50 AM
hockeyviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhanot View Post
Avs fans will say not enough.
no no we loves this one

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:01 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If the defence will be built around him why cannot he make the team. Sorry but that is overvaluing Gardiner. Pretty sure Colorado management won't trade O'Reilly for anything less than Gardiner or Kadri. You gotta think there are better offers out there, then Gunnarson center piece deal???
The reason why Gardiner currently isn't in the Leafs' line-up is because he suffered a concussion in December and hasn't yet been able to get himself back into the shape he needs to be in to play well at the NHL level. Once he's completely ready to return, he will get the call. He will NOT be rushed back into the Leafs' line-up.

Gardiner will NOT be moved in any evnt, as he and Rielly will most likely be the future cornerstones on the Leafs' defence within the next few years.

As for the OP's proposal, it's not bad, but there is no need to include either the Leafs' 2nd round pick or the Avs' prospect. The Leafs can probably put that draft pick to a much better use.. like using it draft a prospect who will be far better than Brad Malone.

So remove the 2nd and Brad Malone and it would be a deal worth some consideration.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:04 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Bozak
Liles
Stuart Percy
2nd

For

O'Reilly
Brad Malone

Leave out Percy and Malone from the deal and I would do it. Percy is very highly rated by the Leafs and d prospects is not a need for Avs.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:10 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhanot View Post
Avs fans will say not enough.
If Avs fans want value for O'Reilly, they need to get him to sign on the dotted line.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
I think this would be a little better from the Avs perspective, and I think I'd do it from their end. For Toronto, this is a case of gotta give to get. It'd hurt a little to give up Gunnarson, but ultimately he's a replaceable player long term.
Once Rielly is up and Gardiner fixes his game. I'd say the Leafs are more than set even with the loss of Gunnarson. With how the kids are playing right now, this has a lot of potential for Toronto.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote