HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Malone

Old
02-18-2013, 11:08 PM
CoopThereItIs
Here we go Lightning

vCash: 50
Ryan Malone

Just curious what the Bolts might be able to fetch for him. He may be gone after this season, we have some prospects who are likely able to do his job. He does have a NMC I believe, so he has a say as to where he goes. Bolts need some D.

CoopThereItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:44 AM
LetangInTheSO

vCash: 500
Pens would be interested if you'd retain some salary. In terms of game-ready forwards, we basically have nothing to offer outside of Tyler Kennedy. In terms of game-ready defensemen, Niskanen might be available. After those two, we have picks (wouldn't give up a first for Malone) and a ton of D prospects, but it's difficult to say which ones we'd be willing to part with in exchange for Malone...certainly Morrow would be off limits.

My attempt isn't to rip you guys off here, just to say "we're interested but can only really afford X."

LetangInTheSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:48 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Just curious what the Bolts might be able to fetch for him. He may be gone after this season, we have some prospects who are likely able to do his job. He does have a NMC I believe, so he has a say as to where he goes. Bolts need some D.
maybe Liles in a deal? would allow us to bring up Gardiner

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
maybe Liles in a deal? would allow us to bring up Gardiner
We already have MAB, thanks.

I think ideally we'd want a #4/5 D, but at the same time we have guys like Barbs and Gudas in the system who are pretty close to ready, now. I honestly wouldn't hate unloading him for a prospect with good top 4 upside. While we are in "win now" mode, I think his space in the roster is more than adequately filled by Killorn/Panik, and we don't really have any sizeable holes in our roster. Strengthening our pipeline is probably the move I would make in this situation.

Pronounced Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Jerkini

With a $4.5m caphit and a history of injuries, I can't see the return being too good.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:25 AM
Mantha Poodoo
The Wheeled Winger

Might be an interesting pickup for a team like the Islanders.. 4.5 cap hit but only 2.5 on the books the next 2 seasons. Pretending the NMC doesn't exist, something around Malone for Streit?

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:26 AM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
With a $4.5m caphit and a history of injuries, I can't see the return being too good.
At the same time, gritty, 25 goal power forwards aren't exactly growing on trees. It's kind of silly to think his value is low, and if the return is right I wouldn't cringe at Tampa keeping a bit of his cap-hit.

Also, if I recall the last two years of his deal he makes less than his caphit, so for a budget team he could have some real value.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:28 AM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
Might be an interesting pickup for a team like the Islanders.. 4.5 cap hit but only 2.5 on the books the next 2 seasons. Pretending the NMC doesn't exist, something around Malone for Streit?
Streit is a little long-in-the-tooth, and personally I'd prefer a younger guy coming back, but I don't think that's the type of piece a team like the islanders is looking to give up. Also, the NMC is gone this year in favor of a limited NTC, so that opens up some options.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Mantha Poodoo
The Wheeled Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Streit is a little long-in-the-tooth, and personally I'd prefer a younger guy coming back, but I don't think that's the type of piece a team like the islanders is looking to give up. Also, the NMC is gone this year in favor of a limited NTC, so that opens up some options.
If it's Streit and a younger piece coming back (as Streit is UFA and Malone and Streit are otherwise close in value at this point), then I spring for it from a Bolts perspective. Streit would add a lot to the team for this year, and, well, then there's whatever the younger piece is. I'm thinking something that's a bottom 6er with size/grit like Labrie, but not as bad.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:35 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
At the same time, gritty, 25 goal power forwards aren't exactly growing on trees. It's kind of silly to think his value is low, and if the return is right I wouldn't cringe at Tampa keeping a bit of his cap-hit.

Also, if I recall the last two years of his deal he makes less than his caphit, so for a budget team he could have some real value.
More like 20 goal scorer because of his health issues. Don't get me wrong, would be a great addition to a lot of teams, but when you don't know if this guy will be healthy when it matters, at that cap hit.. I don't see a big market.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:58 AM
stryfe604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
More like 20 goal scorer because of his health issues. Don't get me wrong, would be a great addition to a lot of teams, but when you don't know if this guy will be healthy when it matters, at that cap hit.. I don't see a big market.
Under that logic Sidney Crosby is not worth it due to his concussion and injury problems...

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:03 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO View Post
Pens would be interested if you'd retain some salary. In terms of game-ready forwards, we basically have nothing to offer outside of Tyler Kennedy. In terms of game-ready defensemen, Niskanen might be available.
Niskanen and Kennedy for Bugsy would work IMO.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Alivesi

vCash: 133
Pens
Ryan Malone

Tampa Bay
Jonathon Blum

Nashville
2013 2nd round pick - Pittsburgh
2014 2nd Round pick - Pittsburgh
2014 2nd/3rd Round pick - Tampa Bay

hehe

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
TBLHoser

If it was up to Malone, I'd see his main choices being either Pittsburgh or Minnesota.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Minnesota's not interested. Too big of a caphit, we've already got wing depth. Unless you guys want PMB+ for Malone?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Minnesota's not interested. Too big of a caphit, we've already got wing depth. Unless you guys want PMB+ for Malone?
I looked over Minn. roster and I just couldn't find a suitable trade for Malone. I don't really see it as a realistic destination at this point.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
HoseEmDown

We have no interest in Kennedy and Niskanen would be an expensive #6 D. I could see it for one of Pitts D prospects who are somewhat close to NHL ready like Morrow.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
chasespace

If I recall correctly this summer his NMC changes to a limited NTC(He has to submit a list of 6 teams he would accept a trade I believe) so this summer it'll be easier to move him and we would have more options as we would know where he would go.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We have no interest in Kennedy and Niskanen would be an expensive #6 D. I could see it for one of Pitts D prospects who are somewhat close to NHL ready like Morrow.
No chance Shero trades Morrow for Malone, especially considering Malone's contract. The only others close to NHL ready are Despres & Bortuzzo, who arguably aren't prospects anymore. Despres would be a definite no and Bortuzzo might be a no from both sides. With all of the puck moving D men in the system Bortuzzo is the closest we have to a young Orpik-type stay at home hitter. Certainly not untradeable by any means but again, unless TB was willing to eat some of Malone's salary I don't see it happening.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:16 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkEye View Post
Shane O'Brien? Or Ryan O'Byrne?
And then bring up his brother. woo

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:52 PM
IsleNmetFan4Life

I'd do Streit for Malone in a heartbeat. He's the type of gritty winger with experience this team desperately needs more of. Sure injuries are a concern but at this point I think they've stockpiled enough prospects and picks. It's time to help out the NHL roster.

IsleNmetFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
BrookswasHere44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Not sure if serious

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
Pens
Ryan Malone

Tampa Bay
Jonathon Blum

Nashville
2013 2nd round pick - Pittsburgh
2014 2nd Round pick - Pittsburgh
2014 2nd/3rd Round pick - Tampa Bay

hehe
No way is Malone worth two 2nds from Pitts.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

remember TB can eat 50% of his cap hit meaning his cap hit could be 2.25 million

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkEye View Post
Are you talking about Brad? I thought they were cousins or something.
Oh yes you are right, my bad. I thought that as I was typing but was too lazy to check

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote