HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's play since coming back

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 04:26 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Yes, of course he does. That's the point of risks. Bobby Orr gave up the puck more than any player in the NHL because Bobby Orr always had the puck. Having a good game doesn't mean having a perfect game. You ignore the real importance of the end to end rush and that's getting the puck into the opposing zone. Subban does it better than almost anyone on the team.

The day Subban becomes conservative is the day we might as well trade him.
Bobby Orr, really... sure you dont want to compare him to Bourque, Lidstrom or one of the big three while at it ?

watch more carefully next time, 99% of his end to end rushes have him ending in the left corner in the opposing zone, with no one to pass and no angle for a good shot... so really, what's the positive in this ? oh yeah, he gained the zone, tried a pass (and failed since he had no one to pass to), and skated back to his D position - BRAVO!
(dumping the puck gives the same results by the way)

conservative Subban at the beginning had him producing at a PPG pace, since back to his old self no points... I'll take the conservative Subban back thanks you very much...

get over the fact he's flashy, flashy =/= effective.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:28 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Bobby Orr, really... sure you dont want to compare him to Bourque, Lidstrom or one of the big three while at it ?
Please leave the Internet, go back to school, read up on what a comparison is and then maybe return. Kay? Kay.

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Those are what you call mistakes? Would you rather him get pressured by forecheck and turn the puck over in our own zone or let him skate the puck in an attempt to actually create a play that leads to offensive zone pressure. Until pk turns it over and actually makes a mistake then you can complain, but this is ridiculous, criticizing a player for making a mistake he didn't make is beyond me.

Ya his end to end rushes that get the puck deep and give our forwards the opportunity to cycle the puck, what a burden to have on our team.

who would you rather have in the top 4 than subban? Seriously, absolutely ridiculous. If he isn't scoring goals he isn't playing well, right?
Subban never make mistakes, Subban is a god, got it!

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Please leave the Internet, go back to school, read up on what a comparison is and then maybe return. Kay? Kay.
thanks for the tip Mr know it all.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:35 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Apologies to everyone. I got it now.

- P.K. never makes mistakes.

How foolish of me to think that sometimes players take unnecessary risks, make mistakes, take the wrong decisions, have bad games or bad shifts! How foolish!

Now please, can someone change the title to what it should be, a.k.a Subban adoration thread.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Man you are an annoying troll. Seriously. You asked, we gave you clear answers. You just answer back with stirred up ****.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Subban never make mistakes, Subban is a god, got it!
It's not that he doesn't make mistakes I will criticize any player who deserves to be criticized, but PK has played well, he's not played particularly well on pp but that doesn't mean he's played bad in general, and the mistakes you were pointing out weren't mistakes, it's just the way he plays.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:48 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
It's not that he doesn't make mistakes I will criticize any player who deserves to be criticized, but PK has played well, he's not played particularly well on pp but that doesn't mean he's played bad in general, and the mistakes you were pointing out weren't mistakes, it's just the way he plays.
I'd be really surprised if you remember a single mistake he made in the last two or three games...

the way he plays ? what kind of B.S. logic is that ?

Old
02-19-2013, 04:52 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Man you are an annoying troll. Seriously. You asked, we gave you clear answers. You just answer back with stirred up ****.
really ? cause I dont follow blindly thre Subban cult ?

get over yourself, P.K. is no god, he does makes mistakes sometimes, he is not the best Habs D of all time.

I know you think P.K. is the best Habs to ever lace em up and is perfect at worst when he plays, but that's not reality... only a fantasy from someone who never watched the big three, Orr, Bourque, etc play...

Old
02-19-2013, 05:11 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Subban's made some gaffes here and there in his own zone but he's been arguably our best player. MT would probably be best served in organizing plays or formations for the other players to execute when PK takes off end to end. It's a gift that should be exploited.

So far we've been pretty good this year at gaining the zone. Nothing wrong with PK doing it every now and then. Saying his end to end rushes are useless is pretty silly.

I watched Bourque as a kid but I honestly can't evaluate his style in any meaningful way. I wish I saw more of Doughty, Piet and OEL to form an opinion on how PK stacks up. Seriously though Subban's as complete a D man as you can possibly want. The little nicks/scratches in his game can easily be smoothed out with time. Even in his semi raw present form, he's pretty freaking dominant out there.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
I'd be really surprised if you remember a single mistake he made in the last two or three games...

the way he plays ? what kind of B.S. logic is that ?
Well, pk fumbled the puck on our blue line against Tampa bay and Philly and has taken untimely and pointless penalties. Is that good enough for you, and your fetish for hating subban? Unlike your points of critisicism, these are actually mistakes he needs to fix.

So what you're saying is that rushing the puck up the ice isn't his style of play? Because last time I checked that's the way he plays...

Old
02-19-2013, 05:20 AM
No Team Needed

Nothing to see here folks. The Straw Man has become a Scarecrow.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
really ? cause I dont follow blindly thre Subban cult ?

get over yourself, P.K. is no god, he does makes mistakes sometimes, he is not the best Habs D of all time.

I know you think P.K. is the best Habs to ever lace em up and is perfect at worst when he plays, but that's not reality... only a fantasy from someone who never watched the big three, Orr, Bourque, etc play...
Nobody has ever said PK was God, not sure why you have to act Like a 5 year old.

You can look at a few instances in a game for every player out There and say they made mistakes.
Yesterday, Markov fumbled the puck at the blue line during the PP, an unforced error, it caused an offside.
Another time he pinched up in his zone to go after a guy. That opponent made a pass down low, Markov didn't hustle back and let his man go to the front of the net. Luckily, Emelin stopped the attempted pass.

Those are actual mistakes. PK dangling in his zone isn't one. It's risky, but unless he got stopped, it's not a mistake. Doesn't mean he was mistake free, he made some, like every other player. But he still had a solid game.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:08 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Nobody has ever said PK was God, not sure why you have to act Like a 5 year old.

You can look at a few instances in a game for every player out There and say they made mistakes.
Yesterday, Markov fumbled the puck at the blue line during the PP, an unforced error, it caused an offside.
Another time he pinched up in his zone to go after a guy. That opponent made a pass down low, Markov didn't hustle back and let his man go to the front of the net. Luckily, Emelin stopped the attempted pass.

Those are actual mistakes. PK dangling in his zone isn't one. It's risky, but unless he got stopped, it's not a mistake. Doesn't mean he was mistake free, he made some, like every other player. But he still had a solid game.
Novak Djokovic can make dozens of unforced errors in a game.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Novak Djokovic can make dozens of unforced errors in a game.
Seems like PK has to be absolutely perfect in order to earn the credit of some.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:21 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Seems like PK has to be absolutely perfect in order to earn the credit of some.
Haters gonna hate.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:26 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Haters gonna hate.
Do I care about Subban's haters? No I don't. Subban is awesome.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:31 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Do I care about Subban's haters? No I don't. Subban is awesome.
That's my approach basically. The kid's not perfect but he's up and away one of the best young defensemen in the league and not to be able to appreciate seems otherworldly to me. It's unnatural.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:41 AM
ScottFC

Subbans been playing great! Physical, shortened the wind-up on his shots, making nice passes, using his speed etc. He fumbles the puck sometimes and makes a play that doesn't work out but which player doesn't?

Subban doesn't always rush the puck into the other zone just yesterday he made a great pass on the rush to Bouillon and many times brought it by himself to center ice to dump the puck. He sometimes does do the Gomez, brings it into the offensive zone by himself and kills the play, but that's just hockey it happens everywhere.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:54 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
Subbans been playing great! Physical, shortened the wind-up on his shots, making nice passes, using his speed etc. He fumbles the puck sometimes and makes a play that doesn't work out but which player doesn't?

Subban doesn't always rush the puck into the other zone just yesterday he made a great pass on the rush to Bouillon and many times brought it by himself to center ice to dump the puck. He sometimes does do the Gomez, brings it into the offensive zone by himself and kills the play, but that's just hockey it happens everywhere.
The winning goal yesterday came from Subban's break out pass.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I haven't seen any huge changes in PK's game, though we have seen subtle ones, he seems to be playing a bit less high risk. You don't want him to turn into Hal Gill either so that's a good thing. Maximising his shot on the PP is one area where he can take a big step forward. He has a bomb and is good at getting open, he just needs to pick his spots on when to just "get it on net" and when to blast away. On that note I would like to see Markov shoot a bit more to throw teams off.

When he is using his skills, his skating and his size hitting he can be a force back there. He doers bring an element of risk but you don't want that completely out of his game as he has to use his skills to push the pace and make things happen.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:18 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Honestly, I find it so impressive how good he is at protecting the puck when he's carrying it around the net and out of the zone.

The first few times, I've had to hold my breath because it's a fairly high risk play but he's never got caught with it yet.

As others have mentionned, he's also made some real nice breakout passes. The one of Prust's goal this game and the one that Moen or Armstrong scored in the Tampa (?) game are two great examples that led to goals for which he didn't get an assist.

He's been playing really well. He's not without fault but he's been the cause of a lot more good than bad.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Subbans been nothing short of fantastic, with Karlsson out he's playing as good as any offensive dman in the game.

There really is no discussion here.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Beendair Donedat

Subban has looked great, produced offensively, besn solid defensively and is throwing the body well... Can't ask for much more. He's been the best Habs defenseman for the past 4-5 games.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I haven't seen any huge changes in PK's game, though we have seen subtle ones, he seems to be playing a bit less high risk. You don't want him to turn into Hal Gill either so that's a good thing. Maximising his shot on the PP is one area where he can take a big step forward. He has a bomb and is good at getting open, he just needs to pick his spots on when to just "get it on net" and when to blast away. On that note I would like to see Markov shoot a bit more to throw teams off.

When he is using his skills, his skating and his size hitting he can be a force back there. He doers bring an element of risk but you don't want that completely out of his game as he has to use his skills to push the pace and make things happen.
exactly, you have to take risks sometimes. Karlsson makes alot of highrisk plays, and he has gotten himself and the team burned alot of times, but has burned other teams significantly more

Closed Thread