HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
3 more assists for Hudon today. His team breaks a long losing streak.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:06 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Is Vail still playing D?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Is Vail still playing D?
He was back at forward for a few games but played it tonight as Sieloff was injured again.

Your boy Walsh with a goal and 2 assists.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:25 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He was back at forward for a few games but played it tonight as Sieloff was injured again.

Your boy Walsh with a goal and 2 assists.
Thanks!

I wonder if Montreal saw this game and if he played better.
He doesn't sound too impressed with him. I hope MB takes
a chance on him. Maybe with a healthier offseason he can get back
On track.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:34 PM
pc_md

Quote:
He was back at forward for a few games but played it tonight as Sieloff was injured again
How many games has he played on D this season ?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
How many games has he played on D this season ?
I would say around 5 or so, Windsor has just had a series of injuries and suspensions that have ravaged their depth on D and their team overall. They've played many games 2 players short. They lost tonight to the Saginaw team they are chasing for the final spot and are now 9 points out.

I wonder if the Habs would send Vail to Hamilton to get some pro experience if Windsor misses the playoffs.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Doesn't he need to be signed or can he join them on a tryout?

Old
02-17-2013, 12:09 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Doesn't he need to be signed or can he join them on a tryout?
Amateur tryout contract once Windsor played their last game.

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
3 more assists for Hudon today. His team breaks a long losing streak.
" Holy break-out Batman"

7 points in two games is the way to get back on track. I can't help
wondering if he had some undisclosed injury, or maybe flu or something.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:04 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
" Holy break-out Batman"

7 points in two games is the way to get back on track. I can't help
wondering if he had some undisclosed injury, or maybe flu or something.
It would be nice to see the Habs draft Laurent Dauphin to play with Hudon for a couple of years,while they put some muscle and weight on to help them deal with the physical play in the AHL.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:02 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It would be nice to see the Habs draft Laurent Dauphin to play with Hudon for a couple of years,while they put some muscle and weight on to help them deal with the physical play in the AHL.
He'd be a good pick in late 2nd/3rd round.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Is Dustin Walsh looking like he'll get signed ?

Old
02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Thanks!

I wonder if Montreal saw this game and if he played better.
He doesn't sound too impressed with him. I hope MB takes
a chance on him. Maybe with a healthier offseason he can get back
On track.
didn't see the game, might not see them again unless they go far in the playoffs as the ECAC championship game is being played an hour or so from me.

Quote:
I wonder if the Habs would send Vail to Hamilton to get some pro experience if Windsor misses the playoffs.
I'd be suprised if they did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is Dustin Walsh looking like he'll get signed ?
At this point I'd be surprised if he got an NHL contract this summer but without having any medical reports it's hard to say. I'm sure that there's got to be a lot of concern that he's had such a problem with the hip, but who's to say how bad it is or isn't. If I were the Habs, I'd offer an AHL contract assuming that the docs think his hip will hold up. Let him show what he can do as a pro in the ECHL or AHL if he can make the team. If he shows something then give him an NHL contract. It's a shame cause he's got a solid frame and good hands but he's not the quickest player, has had a major recurring injury, and there's been a knock on him for inconsistent efforts in the past. He can snipe the puck though.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Habs do with both Walsh and Pribyl, as you have 2 tall players that can play wing or center, both have solid to big frames, both have impressive hands as both can burry the puck, both are not great skaters nor the quickest and both have mobility issues. With Walsh you have to factor in the injuries and with Pribyl you don't know if his skating will improve enough or will he struggle to keep up with the play ala Berger who's skating/foot speed was clearly lacking.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
canucksPK

What do you guys think about Tim Bozon's play so far this year? How much has he developed since last year?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

He's been up and down. Had a fantastic 1st half much like Kamloops as a whole and then went through a bad slump and was taken off the top line of Smith and Lipon. He seems to be back on track. He looks stronger. Long shot with moderate potential for now.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
What do you guys think about Tim Bozon's play so far this year? How much has he developed since last year?
He's been good. After a torrential start, he struggled for most of November and December, but he's gotten his season back on track since then. Since Kamloops acquired Kale Kessy, Bozon has usually been playing with him and Colin Smith on the second line.

Bozon's progression has been decent. His defensive game is still non-existent and he still is a very streaky scorer, but he's become a more well-rounded offensive threat. Bozon obviously still has that very accurate shot with a fast release, but he also has started distributing the puck better. He's been making some creative passes and been using his team mates quite well.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
NotProkofievian

I liked what I saw of Bozon in October. He will only ever be a complimentary player, though.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
That

Dietz gets a goal, an assist and +2 in a 5-1 win over Brandon. He was the first star of the game.

His goal came from a nice move to get open space on the power play and then used a quick wrister. 17th goal of the year and CHL defenceman leading 12th powerplay goal of the year. His assist was a nice job getting the loose puck in the slot and then passing it to the point. Point shot was deflected in.

Dietz also nailed one of the post, and got a 2 on 0 with Walker. He passed to Walker and Walker got absolutely robbed.

Thrower also had a good game. Had a nice end-to-end rush, lost the puck in a crowd, then managed to still pull it out will skating backwards towards the goalie. He had a few miscues defensively, but was solid for the most part.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

I think we can safely put Dietz in our top 10 prospects now (even with Galchenyuk and Gallagher still counting as prospects). Guy has been ridiculously good recently. I think he could be a strong #4 D.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:57 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think we can safely put Dietz in our top 10 prospects now (even with Galchenyuk and Gallagher still counting as prospects). Guy has been ridiculously good recently. I think he could be a strong #4 D.
Darren Deitz has become a veritable clone of another former Saskatoon Blade defenceman.With his scoring and fighting persona,Wendel Clark was one of the best at combining those talents.So much so the Leafs made him a forward,maybe the Habs have a player in Deitz that can do both play forward/defence.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:59 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Our D depth is looking straight gaudy. I really think this organization is turning the corner.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Our D depth is looking straight gaudy. I really think this organization is turning the corner.
LDs:

Beaulieu
Tinordi
Bennett

RDs:

Dietz
Ellis
Thrower
Pateryn
Nygren

8 legit D prospects. 9 if you count a wildcard like Didier. Not all will pan out, but the odds are good at least 2 or 3 will.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:14 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
They are good and physical, i love that guys like Thrower, Dietz and Tinordi love to drop the mitts, but most of them are depth players. Subban and Diaz are non-tradable.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
i'll start out by saying that i live in kamloops and have been keeping an eye on him since the draft and as its been said before his october was unreal and then he hit a slump in novemeber but be just pushed on through and never stoped trying his ass off.. he turned it around in december and has been good every since.. i am constantly coming away from games being amazed by the kid.. i have some buddies that dont like the habs and try to bash everything that has to do with the habs texting me after games to tell me how awesome this kid is .. i personally think we got our selfves a huge gem here in Bozon.. was just at the game last friday and was with one of theses buddies and all game he was trying to pick things out to rag on just to be annoying but he was getting pissed cause there wasnt really much too .. and every time something was happing offensively for the blazers Bozon was in the middle of it and what an amazing goal he had that night .. pretty sweet assist too too... needless to say i love this kid!

Old
02-19-2013, 04:33 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
i'll start out by saying that i live in kamloops and have been keeping an eye on him since the draft and as its been said before his october was unreal and then he hit a slump in novemeber but be just pushed on through and never stoped trying his ass off.. he turned it around in december and has been good every since.. i am constantly coming away from games being amazed by the kid.. i have some buddies that dont like the habs and try to bash everything that has to do with the habs texting me after games to tell me how awesome this kid is .. i personally think we got our selfves a huge gem here in Bozon.. was just at the game last friday and was with one of theses buddies and all game he was trying to pick things out to rag on just to be annoying but he was getting pissed cause there wasnt really much too .. and every time something was happing offensively for the blazers Bozon was in the middle of it and what an amazing goal he had that night .. pretty sweet assist too too... needless to say i love this kid!
I saw him a few times and even when he wasn't that great you could still see flashes. The last game I saw of him he looked pretty scary. Making things happen all the time. If he can get stronger and significantly faster he could be borderline elite. His shot is nasty accurate and the puckhandling and passing are there too.

Timmins murdered this draft. I can't wait for the next one.

Closed Thread