HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are you most concerned about this year?

View Poll Results: Who has been the biggest disappointment thus far this year?
Erik Cole 71 89.87%
Colby Armstrong 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-18-2013, 03:28 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

vCash: 500
I'm going to go with Eller, but not because of his play. I am concerned about how he's treated going forward. There doesn't really seem to be an open role he's truly suited to even though he seems a good fit for the team going forward in a defensive 3C with offensive potential. Hopefully he's not traded for peanuts or become restless in the role he's being asked to take.

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:58 AM
Darth Joker

If a 4th liner is amongst the team's biggest concerns, then things are going very good. So the fact that Armstrong's struggles are even getting talked about is a good sign.

Cole is the much bigger issue, but then, he is getting up there in years. I agree with Guilliam - We probably should accept that his first year with us was an anomaly and he'll settle into a more reduced role going forward. If Cole can just be a 20 goal winger over a full season, then we're fine. He'll probably never hit 30 again, but that's Ok.

I also agree with DAChampion that injuries are our biggest concern. We have a pretty good lineup when everybody's healthy, but we don't really have the depth to withstand a lot of injuries. Here is where size could be an issue...

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:03 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
If a 4th liner is amongst the team's biggest concerns, then things are going very good. So the fact that Armstrong's struggles are even getting talked about is a good sign.

Cole is the much bigger issue, but then, he is getting up there in years. I agree with Guilliam - We probably should accept that his first year with us was an anomaly and he'll settle into a more reduced role going forward. If Cole can just be a 20 goal winger over a full season, then we're fine. He'll probably never hit 30 again, but that's Ok.

I also agree with DAChampion that injuries are our biggest concern. We have a pretty good lineup when everybody's healthy, but we don't really have the depth to withstand a lot of injuries. Here is where size could be an issue...
no team has.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
zzoo

From most disappointed player to less:
1. Cole
2. Pax
3. Kaberle
4. Armstrong
5. Moen
6. Gionta
7. White
8. Desharnais

Most pleasant surprise:
1. Gallagher (maybe because my initial expectation was very low)
2. Bourque
3. Diaz

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:52 AM
PhysicX

Cole needs to get some effing points on the stat sheet. 4 points in 15 games...

Last year, after fifteen games, he had 5 points, and started producing after the fifteenth game. I know some are shaking their heads at Gionta's lack of finish, but my disappointment with Cole is approaching the limit. How much more time are you guys willing to give him?

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:00 AM
WhiskeySeven

Gionta first and foremost.

Cole draws penalties, screens the goalie and moves his feet. Gionta does nothing and kills every play with his terrible touch and skillset. He's too small and talentless to play the overlord on the pp or to crash the net.

He's literally the worst thing on this team so far.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:03 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Cole needs to get some effing points on the stat sheet. 4 points in 15 games...

Last year, after fifteen games, he had 5 points, and started producing after the fifteenth game. I know some are shaking their heads at Gionta's lack of finish, but my disappointment with Cole is approaching the limit. How much more time are you guys willing to give him?
You can see he has been pushing his game recently. He's probably due for a quick surge. At least he has been drawing his fair share of penalty.

Wanna make an avatar bet on Cole's upcoming production? I say he has at least 2 points in our next 3 games.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:09 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You can see he has been pushing his game recently. He's probably due for a quick surge. At least he has been drawing his fair share of penalty.

Wanna make an avatar bet on Cole's upcoming production? I say he has at least 2 points in our next 3 games.
I'll bet on it IF you bump that number to 4 points in 3 games. 2 points just shows how bad he has been.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:42 AM
MaKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Gionta first and foremost.

Cole draws penalties, screens the goalie and moves his feet. Gionta does nothing and kills every play with his terrible touch and skillset. He's too small and talentless to play the overlord on the pp or to crash the net.

He's literally the worst thing on this team so far.
I agree, he's not the same player who used to give me headaches when the Habs would play NJ.

Cole is starting to show signs of getting back into it, Gionta not so much. Even when they are both in full swing, Cole fits our dump and chase system better than Gionta for the most part. Gionta has been pretty good at breaking up the other teams breakout attempts, but he's not that effective at retrieving and maintaining puck control on the dump in.

Overall with those two the problem has been poor decision making, and lack of effort, which is magnified by the two youngsters who obviously give it all every shift.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Davebo
beep beep

I choose not to vote. I think this season I'm going to look at the positives, for a change.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

When you're 33 years old like Cole and Gionta, you need to make a serious commitment to training that goes way beyond your teammates (see Brind'amour, Chelios,...).

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:59 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I'll bet on it IF you bump that number to 4 points in 3 games. 2 points just shows how bad he has been.
I took the assumption that he will probably shift into "cruising speed", not "going hot". 4 points in 3 games is actually pretty damn good.

Let's compromise. In the next 3 games, he'll have a PPG rate. So 3 points in 3 games. Avatar bet, 1 week punishment duration. The new avatar appears next Sunday.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:10 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
I took the assumption that he will probably shift into "cruising speed", not "going hot". 4 points in 3 games is actually pretty damn good.

Let's compromise. In the next 3 games, he'll have a PPG rate. So 3 points in 3 games. Avatar bet, 1 week punishment duration. The new avatar appears next Sunday.
4 points in 3 games is what he had last year, that's why I picked that number. Why not, 3 points in the next 3 games, anything less than that, I win. Anything more, you win.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:14 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
4 points in 3 games is what he had last year, that's why I picked that number. Why not, 3 points in the next 3 games, anything less than that, I win. Anything more, you win.
And 3 in 3 means a tie. I like those odds. Deal.

2- in 3 games --> I get to wear the avatar
4+ in 3 games --> You get to wear the avatar

Now, the big question is; does a "tie" means we both lose, or we both win? Do we drag Overlords into this again?

Old
02-19-2013, 07:19 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
And 3 in 3 means a tie. I like those odds. Deal.

2- in 3 games --> I get to wear the avatar
4+ in 3 games --> You get to wear the avatar

Now, the big question is; does a "tie" means we both lose, or we both win? Do we drag Overlords into this again?
Nope, no need to. And I agreed to this:
2- in 3 games --> You get to wear the avatar
3 and + in 3 games --> I get to wear it

Let's stick to this one. Odds are still in my favor.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Cole easily, Colby is most probably gone after this season but Cole has 2 years left on his deal

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Cole for the most part has been a big disapoitment, though he is playing better the last 3-4 games. He seems frustrated, but he is doing a lot of good things, maybe a 2 point agme would get him going.

Armstrong has brought about what I thought, he's been a bit snakebitten around the net, but has done all the little things you want from a 4th liner, strong along the boards and on the puck, solid defensively and on the PK. Not sure why people are crapping on him, with a bit of luck he'd have 3-4 goals.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Cole for the most part has been a big disapoitment, though he is playing better the last 3-4 games. He seems frustrated, but he is doing a lot of good things, maybe a 2 point agme would get him going.

Armstrong has brought about what I thought, he's been a bit snakebitten around the net, but has done all the little things you want from a 4th liner, strong along the boards and on the puck, solid defensively and on the PK. Not sure why people are crapping on him, with a bit of luck he'd have 3-4 goals.
I agree with this, it's rare with you but there yopu have it. I really don't know how anyone can compare both in the sense of which one is more concerning. 1 guys isn't producing at all despite the top 6 minutes and being on the pp while the other is on the 4th line and plays pk.

Would have been better to have Cole and Desharnais for example of even Patches

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:59 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Nope, no need to. And I agreed to this:
2- in 3 games --> You get to wear the avatar
3 and + in 3 games --> I get to wear it

Let's stick to this one. Odds are still in my favor.
Deal!!