HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Seguin

Old
02-19-2013, 03:36 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Done. Where do I sing?
Ummmm.......on stage ????

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:09 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolundasweden View Post
but lets say your team are trading for Seguin atm, which player according to you is enugh to get him.

Ales Hemsky.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:22 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
No desire for ROR right now. I'd rather something centered around Duchene with the rest worked out however it is viewed in terms of value.
Duchene is better than Seguin atm. Boston would have to add.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:11 AM
SnapVirus

Pk Subban. Is fair value.

But I would not like to play against Subban. And Boston wouldnt like Seguin in the Habs.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:14 AM
SnapVirus

And btw. Id trade Subban for Seguin. But never I would for Kessel.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:58 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
I take it you haven't watched Kessel much this season.
Yes, and it was same as usual, nice rush up the ice, shoot from the outside ,peel away, watch other team head up ice.

Kessel is a very good player, I believe TS is and will be the better all around player. TS is nowhere near what he is going to be, yet Kessel is pretty much what you see now.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Yes, and it was same as usual, nice rush up the ice, shoot from the outside ,peel away, watch other team head up ice.

Kessel is a very good player, I believe TS is and will be the better all around player. TS is nowhere near what he is going to be, yet Kessel is pretty much what you see now.
Then you havent really watched. He occasionally back checks now and instead of floating in between the blue line and centre, he now circles at the blue line.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
GeneralSwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Don't worry. We wouldn't give you Kessel for Subban

GeneralSwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oh look! A pissing contest! Can I play?

Phil Seguin will score more goals, but Tyler Kessel will get more assists. But neither of them will have more points than Mike Komisarek.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Twix
Patch of velcro

Seguin seems to be showing up alot lately in Bruins trades threads, what's the deal? Is he not liked in Boston? I thought he was playing pretty good for the Bruins.

Twix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Center Ice Scrum

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Except the JVR-Kessel duo is lacking a centreman; the same problem the Leafs have had since Sundin left.

Yes, the Leafs aren't trading Kessel for Seguin because the Bruins wouldn't do that. They know all about Kessel and traded him for draft picks which turned out to be better then most would have projected.

It's not a knock on Kessel, he's a good player and one of the top snipers in the world, but he isn't a player you build your team around. He doesn't bring enough to the table.

Seguin is a potential number 1 centre; a player you can build your team around. Don't be ridiculous.
As of right now, Seguin is as much of a POTENTIAL #1 center as Kessel is. Both are going to be playing wing. Neither has the size to play center. Their best assets are speed and shot, and playing them at center would destroy their biggest weapons.

Center Ice Scrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Center Ice Scrum

Quote:
You'd make a terrible GM. Both Seguin and Kessel are far more superior than flashy Subban. Subban is just a glorified 40 point dman. Those are dime a dozen. He's not ever going to be up for a Norris or ever be considered an elite 2 way defense-man.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Seguin seems to be showing up alot lately in Bruins trades threads, what's the deal? Is he not liked in Boston? I thought he was playing pretty good for the Bruins.
Ya leaf and oil fans need to stop. Seguin is going nowhereanytime soon especialy for the garbage being offered.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Ya leaf and oil fans need to stop. Seguin is going nowhereanytime soon especialy for the garbage being offered.
yeah but everyone wants a shoe in HoFer in their line-up...........just nobody wants to pay

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
If you think they are even close to the same player you don't watch one of them play.
I watch both play quite a bit actually. They are almost clones out there. The Seguin copy just ran into a few problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
It isn't a myth that more ice time helps you get more production. Kessel gets more ice time so that is a big mitigating factor.
Yes, that is true, but it certainly does not even it out.

Quote:
As I said it's a myth that playing for the Bruins optimizes your point total. Ryder's point totals went up playing in Dallas last year and were higher in Montreal, Wheerler's went up playing in Winnipeg. Peverley produced at a higher clip in Atlanta. Horton produced more in Florida. All on weaker teams.
So you name a bunch of guys who were 3rd liners on the Bruins who went on to higher roles on other teams? Of course their production goes up.

This has no relation to Seguin.

Quote:
So who are all of these top picks whose career high was at age 20 or before? Can you name some? Certainly not Kessel when he was 20 he got 37 points.
Very few if any exist, because very few if any get Seguin's lucky opportunities at his age. So who were all these top-2 picks put in a prime situation at 20 who didn't put up career highs at that age. Just as hard to find people.

Fact is, players usually reach the general peak of their production when they are first moved into a top role with prime opportunities (works better if it is a good team), and Seguin has already got that.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
We could move him to C and he would do just fine, but why would we?

Oh HF. "Yeah, just move that RW over to center, and nothing will change."

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Center Ice Scrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post

Oh HF. "Yeah, just move that RW over to center, and nothing will change."
So true.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
that would be an incredibly poor decision on their part.

No I think the majority of Leafs fans would prefer Kessel.

Seguin is a great player too, not taking anything away from him.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum View Post
You'd make a terrible GM. Both Seguin and Kessel are far more superior than flashy Subban. Subban is just a glorified 40 point dman. Those are dime a dozen. He's not ever going to be up for a Norris or ever be considered an elite 2 way defense-man.
Horrible Gm?

I'd trage Subban for Seguin. But never Subban for Kessel.

Subban could be a top 20 NHL DMan in this league. I'll even dare to say maybe top10 one day. At his age, who is better? Pietrangelo? Who else? Doughy... (well not this year).

Kessel, you want me to count how many wingers are better than him in his age-group? Kessel is a fat and chubby player. If what you are saying is : Subban will never win a Noris. You think Kessel will win a Hart? A Richard? Nop. Subban can run a contender team defence (see Team Canada). Kessel cant run a team offense. Hes a good secondary player (great winger who can produce. But cant be the leader of his group). I think Seguin can become that type of player.

And btw, I dont hate the Leafs more than the Bruins. I hate 'em both. But I can tell the difference between their players. And theres 7-8 players I'd take on the Bruins tomorrow morning on my team. On the leafs? Two (Phaneuf/Kessel). But I would never trade Subban for Kessel. Cauze I think a number one dman is better than a Good winger (not elite). Keep him. He's fitting well your team. A looser that cant win.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Center Ice Scrum

Quote:
Horrible Gm?

I'd trage Subban for Seguin. But never Subban for Kessel.

Subban could be a top 20 NHL DMan in this league. I'll even dare to say maybe top10 one day. At his age, who is better? Pietrangelo? Who else? Doughy... (well not this year).

Kessel, you want me to count how many wingers are better than him in his age-group? Kessel is a fat and chubby player. If what you are saying is : Subban will never win a Noris. You think Kessel will win a Hart? A Richard? Nop. Subban can run a contender team defence (see Team Canada). Kessel cant run a team offense. Hes a good secondary player (great winger who can produce. But cant be the leader of his group). I think Seguin can become that type of player.

And btw, I dont hate the Leafs more than the Bruins. I hate 'em both. But I can tell the difference between their players. And theres 7-8 players I'd take on the Bruins tomorrow morning on my team. On the leafs? Two (Phaneuf/Kessel). But I would never trade Subban for Kessel. Cauze I think a number one dman is better than a Good winger (not elite). Keep him. He's fitting well your team. A looser that cant win.

Lets see, a 4 time 30+ goal scorer at age 25 vs. a 23 year old, 40 point dman who will never ever be considered elite. By your word, Jake Gardiner will be a potential top-10 dman one day too! I guess you are right. Why trade Kessel for Subban? We already have a younger, faster and higher potential Dman already on our team. How silly of me.

Side note, I find it funny how our tub of lard RW can out skate your future top-10 Dman while eating a donut and drinking a large chocolate shake. Weird world this is.

EDIT:
List of Dmen I'd have over Subban who are in and around his age + or - 2 years.

Karlsson
Pieterangelo
Shattenkirk
Letang
Del Zotto
JJ
Leddy
Doughty
Carlson
McDonagh
Gardiner
Ekman-Larsson
Bogosian
Fowler
Kulikov
Faulk
Myers

He's not even top-15 for Dmen around his age.

Last edited by Center Ice Scrum: 02-19-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 07:26 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Duchene is better than Seguin atm. Boston would have to add.
When you get to play 3 feet offside you look a lot better out there on offence

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalerturnedbruin55 View Post
oh look! A pissing contest! Can i play?

Phil seguin will score more goals, but tyler kessel will get more assists. But neither of them will have more points than mike komisarek.

u r forgetting that phil seguin plays on a awesome team and tyler kessel plays with literally high schol kids. Unfair comparision.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:07 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum View Post
Lets see, a 4 time 30+ goal scorer at age 25 vs. a 23 year old, 40 point dman who will never ever be considered elite. By your word, Jake Gardiner will be a potential top-10 dman one day too! I guess you are right. Why trade Kessel for Subban? We already have a younger, faster and higher potential Dman already on our team. How silly of me.

Side note, I find it funny how our tub of lard RW can out skate your future top-10 Dman while eating a donut and drinking a large chocolate shake. Weird world this is.

EDIT:
List of Dmen I'd have over Subban who are in and around his age + or - 2 years.

Karlsson
Pieterangelo
Shattenkirk
Letang

Del Zotto
JJ
Leddy
Doughty
Carlson
McDonagh

Gardiner
Ekman-Larsson
Bogosian
Fowler
Kulikov
Faulk
Myers

He's not even top-15 for Dmen around his age.
You're nuts, and this coming from a Bruin fan that hates everything Montreal. The bolded are the only guys I'd take over Subban,

Guys like Del Zotto, Kulikov, Fowler I'd be up in the air about depending on needs but would still most likely take Subban.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Joel Ward and Marcus Johansson.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:02 AM
PsychoDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You're nuts, and this coming from a Bruin fan that hates everything Montreal. The bolded are the only guys I'd take over Subban,

Guys like Del Zotto, Kulikov, Fowler I'd be up in the air about depending on needs but would still most likely take Subban.
OEL will be better too. Also Hedman and maybe some others.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote