HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All the President's Men" Edition - Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche - 2pm

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 11:10 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
edmonton gets no praise from me. im simply noting Colorado's previous game. and people can think whatever of me. im being realistic. our offense is crap and is in no way good enough to win a cup. rinne would have to stand on his head for us to win 16 games in the playoffs.

we will do the same as always. we will squeak into the playoffs in around 6th place.. (have my doubts if we even get in) .. we will then face a tough opponent and have an early exit. trotz and poile will then get kudos for "getting the most out of so little" .. we'll be drafting mid to late in the first.. wont get any help offensively. no free agents will want to sign here cause its Nashville. we will be in the same spot next year and ill be shouting the same damn things. people like you and 101 can bash me, i truly dont give 2 ****s. im not sure if some of yall are still in "don't want to lose the team" mode. but im sick of the same **** every year. YES, we are beyond blessed with such a well run organization but i want more. im tired of the current state.. same crap, different year. i have watched this team for a very long time and the NHL, and I think both you and I know that we are multiple pieces away from being a real contender. unless rinne turns to JS Giguere. im calling it like i see it.
I can't disagree with you at all and your spot on. So we lost Suter and New Jersey lost Parise and they still advance we don't have guys who put in goals like they do. They don't have an arsenal but they have character guys who score goals in tough situations. We still have Legwand who gets a pass from the coaches why I can't figure it out. He just skates around and not involved in the play makes bad passes and he still get shifts.Fisher has turned into Legwand. These are our two top centers. Enough said Both at their age and their productivity should be third line at best. We have a great goalie and the top defensive players in Weber and overall good defense but they have to perfect most of the time for us to win. Suter and his salary left so the money that we would have paid him is still here. Why can't we get some offense with that money. I'm not going to name names because I'm not Poile and don't know whose available or who could be had at the right price. That's his job to make those deals and make them count. But the more things try to change the more they stay the same.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Any word on Gaustad's injury?

Old
02-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
We still have Legwand who gets a pass from the coaches why I can't figure it out. He just skates around and not involved in the play makes bad passes and he still get shifts.Fisher has turned into Legwand.
I'm not trying to be a Legwand fanboy, or claim that he's Gretzky out there. But the Legwand line with Erat and Wilson have been producing the best scoring chances in the last two games, including a goal by Legwand against the Ducks.

And if you think the coaching staff gives him a pass, maybe you missed the first 10 years of his NHL career when he was constantly called out in the media for not showing enough offense.

If anything it's not so much a problem with Legwand and Fisher, it's the Trotz system where those are the type of centers that he wants on the ice. We complain about their lack of production and they keep getting sent out there and don't get criticized by the staff and it's because they are doing the things that Trotz wants them to do. Most any other coach would only want one or two of these type at center and they would never sniff the top two lines.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
edmonton gets no praise from me. im simply noting Colorado's previous game. and people can think whatever of me. im being realistic. our offense is crap and is in no way good enough to win a cup. rinne would have to stand on his head for us to win 16 games in the playoffs.

we will do the same as always. we will squeak into the playoffs in around 6th place.. (have my doubts if we even get in) .. we will then face a tough opponent and have an early exit. trotz and poile will then get kudos for "getting the most out of so little" .. we'll be drafting mid to late in the first.. wont get any help offensively. no free agents will want to sign here cause its Nashville. we will be in the same spot next year and ill be shouting the same damn things. people like you and 101 can bash me, i truly dont give 2 ****s. im not sure if some of yall are still in "don't want to lose the team" mode. but im sick of the same **** every year. YES, we are beyond blessed with such a well run organization but i want more. im tired of the current state.. same crap, different year. i have watched this team for a very long time and the NHL, and I think both you and I know that we are multiple pieces away from being a real contender. unless rinne turns to JS Giguere. im calling it like i see it.
Seriously, this is the fact of life as a Predators fan, we will always be a bluecollar team that squeaks into the playoffs hoping for that hot streak, until our payroll goes up (which they say it is).

I mean I still think this team will always have to lean to the fiscally responsible side and I'm ok with that as long as it keeps the NHL here.

If you really can't except that, maybe you're following the wrong team.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Byrddog

Trigg you and NoNecksCurse both make valid arguments. Heck everyone here supports the team and most honestly see the issues. Some will refer to ignore the brutal truth for one reason or another. In the next two weeks the season will be half gone. The excuse of rust from the lockout is gone and this offense is still broke. For those that will sure point out the last two games please refer to the previous 4 games where the team went 10 regulation periods without a goal.

Its pointless to blame a bad call for last nights loss thats what we did in the early years of the team. If this team scores 5 there not going to lose many games heck if this team scores 3 in a game there chances are pretty good.

The loss yesterday as nausating as it was is gone. The question is how do they comeback today against another team that they shold handle. This is not the Wings of old There defense is not to the level they need to cover up for there losses offensively and there goaltending is a mess. The Preds should be able to score enough to carry this win. Our defense needs to be back to normal and Pekka will be in net. Truthfully he sould have a chance at his 4th shutout. It would not suprised to go to OT 0-0ut we will see in a few hours

Old
02-19-2013, 06:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The encouraging thing to me was offensively, we looked really good, 3 games in a row.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Byrddog

Much better for sure. There are still areas of concern. The passing is still horrrid, giveaways continue to plague them. The forecheck has improved thank goodness and SOG have been much better. Ohhhh where are the people that last week were convinced SOG did not matter anyway.

They must win tonight,

Old
02-19-2013, 07:16 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I really wish they'd post the zone possession time after each game, to me that's as important of a stat as sog.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

A great opportunity to be 5 points clear of 9th today.....would have been more awesome to have the opportunity to be 7. (duh)

need to bounce back.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I really wish they'd post the zone possession time after each game, to me that's as important of a stat as sog.
Good point. They've been doing a much better job of forechecking as of late.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I'm not really sure why this has degenerated into a Mason sucks / our offense will always be terrible / etc. thread. Good offense, bad defense, terribad offsides call; time to imagine all the DET players as linesman and take 2 points tonight.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

And on that note: Who is up for the next GDT?

Old
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

And someone make the GDT thread for DET. We need a rotation or something. Top 6 Spaling / Golfmade / etc. rock it out; perhaps NoNecksCurse should do it as his reverse psychology of our utter mediocrity will carry us to another 8-0 victory over DET.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
And someone make the GDT thread for DET. We need a rotation or something. Top 6 Spaling / Golfmade / etc. rock it out; perhaps NoNecksCurse should do it as his reverse psychology of our utter mediocrity will carry us to another 8-0 victory over DET.
We do need a DET GDT! Since there isn't one, I guess I'll post this super random question here...here's the sitch. I'm a nurse and my scheduling window opens online tonight at 2100. EXACTLY 2100. It is cutthroat. If I don't get on there right at 2100, I'll be left with the scraps and my schedule will suck.

As we all know, the Internet doesn't work on anyone's phones in the Arena unless maybe you have AT&T (and our scheduling website doesn't work well on phones anyway). Does anyone have any creative ideas that would allow me to hop on a computer for 5-10 minutes that don't involve leaving the game early?!

Old
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
We do need a DET GDT! Since there isn't one, I guess I'll post this super random question here...here's the sitch. I'm a nurse and my scheduling window opens online tonight at 2100. EXACTLY 2100. It is cutthroat. If I don't get on there right at 2100, I'll be left with the scraps and my schedule will suck.

As we all know, the Internet doesn't work on anyone's phones in the Arena unless maybe you have AT&T (and our scheduling website doesn't work well on phones anyway). Does anyone have any creative ideas that would allow me to hop on a computer for 5-10 minutes that don't involve leaving the game early?!
Could you elaborate, as maybe other people know but I don't: Why don't phones work in the arena?
Is there not any wifi available as well?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I get fine reception with Verizon at the Bridge. Not sure if I have any other solutions; you could go to the smoking deck at intermission and try to connect to like Rippy's / The Palm / another restaurant's Wi-Fi?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

This game is history ... can we kill the GDT

Closed Thread