HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 07:47 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
I don't think Dean will trade Bernier to Calgary.
There aren't many other options. Outside of Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Columbus, and Chicago who else is there? If Reimer keeps playing like he has Toronto is out, Chicago is doing fine without fixing their goaltending. I dont think Edmonton and LA are good trading partners at this point, not sure I'd want anything but picks from Columbus (which they won't be giving up,) so that really leaves Calgary as one of the only teams left that needs to address their goaltending and beyond Luongo Bernier is next big name available for trade.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Ollie Weeks

We keep talking about a third line scoring option, and Curtis Glencross is that option. That's exactly who I would want from Calgary.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:39 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
There aren't many other options. Outside of Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Columbus, and Chicago who else is there?
Teams from the Eastern Conf. IF Luongo doesn't go to Florida, that's one and the Capitals for another. ANd if the Devils were smart, they'd trade for Bernier to replace Moose for now and Broduer won't be around forever.

I don't see DL trading Bernier before April unless a veteran backeup goalie is coming back the other way as part of the deal. Not with Quick not being consistent yet.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:03 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Teams from the Eastern Conf. IF Luongo doesn't go to Florida, that's one and the Capitals for another. ANd if the Devils were smart, they'd trade for Bernier to replace Moose for now and Broduer won't be around forever.

I don't see DL trading Bernier before April unless a veteran backeup goalie is coming back the other way as part of the deal. Not with Quick not being consistent yet.
Florida has Markstrom waiting his turn. The Caps would take Bernier over Holtby and Neuvirth? Doubtful... I completely forgot Jersey as an option though. Any chance Philly would be an option should Bryz continue to struggle?

Agree that Bernier isn't going anywhere for a bit here as long as Quick struggles.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:41 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
There aren't many other options. Outside of Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Columbus, and Chicago who else is there? If Reimer keeps playing like he has Toronto is out, Chicago is doing fine without fixing their goaltending. I dont think Edmonton and LA are good trading partners at this point, not sure I'd want anything but picks from Columbus (which they won't be giving up,) so that really leaves Calgary as one of the only teams left that needs to address their goaltending and beyond Luongo Bernier is next big name available for trade.
Maybe the Islanders could be an option? I know they have som goalie prospects but still... Wouldn't mind a player like Brock Nelson coming back. He would be the ideal 3rd line center! Otherwise you have Nino Niederreiter, who is a more likely option. Then we would have to add a little.

Poulin/Nilsson + Nelson for Bernier + Kozun + pick

Poulin/Nilsson + Niederreiter for Bernier + Kozun + pick

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 02-19-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Florida has Markstrom waiting his turn. The Caps would take Bernier over Holtby and Neuvirth? Doubtful... I completely forgot Jersey as an option though. Any chance Philly would be an option should Bryz continue to struggle?
Washington was talking to the Canucks about Luongo but the Canucks wanted too much back. So I wouldn't say thay wouldn't do a trade, or maybe they felt with Luongo that they had a veteran goalie and could skip the growing period required for Holtby (who I like, and from what I saw in the playoffs, has the right stuff. He just needs time to adjust to the NHL like any hyoung goalie)

Bryz vs. Bernier- I would much rather have had Bernier. On that dark day (for me as Flyer fan one of the darkest) when I got word that Richards was in play to LA, I thought (for a brief moment) that the FLyers would do the right thing and Bernier would be part of the package. But that didn't happen.
As much as I wouild love for the Flyers to buyout Bryz (who will never win a Cup here..his playoff GAA is over 3.5 and historically in the playoffs he tends to be mentnally weak and crack under pressure. ) and trade for Bernier , unfortunatelyi ED Snider is approaching 80 this year and is getting less rational every year.

Historically, the Flyers are not patient with their young players and have thrown away far too muich talent. They had a great group of young talent on the Phantoms Calder Cup team in 2006. Seidenberg, Patrick Sharpe, Niinimaki, Richards, Carter not to mention having Lupol and Sbisa. All gone...because Snider is always after a 'quick fix' trading talented prospects for that 'difference maker' that 'vet guy that will get the mthere' It doesn't work, building a championship does ,not buying one.
Look at JVR, who said in his first interview as a Leaf that it would be great to be on a reg line with reg minutes and PP time. He never got the in Philly. ANd he was right. Power forwards need stablility on a line to develop right.. He was bounced from line to line, benched, never got PK or PP time. He's getting that in Toronto and growing every game.

We had a good young goalie in Bobrovskjy and he was great in his first year, soaking up everything the goalie coach and Boucher (mentor) taught him. Given the right time and patience, he would have grown over last year and this one into a good goalie. But they threw him away after his first year becaue Snider wanted to 'win now' and waiting for a young goalie to develop would take too long.

Bryz was mistake, and even if they do the right thing this year or next and buy him out, Snider will go for a FA, or trade for an one.

He just never gets it...If he'd only hung onto that core of players from the Calder team and build a defense around them, they would have had a better shot at having a Cup by now and having a consistant contender.
Every year they gut the team a bit and /or make poor decisions. Even somthing like losing Matt Carle because they were waiting for a pho ne call that was never coming from Suter. The Farm team, thanks to bad trades and giving away picks, is barren.
I 'm just waiting for them to make the mistake of trading Matt Read in an effort to get a defensman. Read is one terrific two player player in all 3 zones, smart as hell and fast. Rarely makes a mistake. The most consistant player on the team and one of hte few bright spots this year.

I love Bernier, would LOVE to see him in Orange anb Black but I can't see Snider deciding after the last 10 years of 'win now' opting for Bernier over an estalished goalie. Or worse, not buying out Bryz...

It ain't easy being a Flyer fan...
But thanks to Ed's huge mistake, I have become an avid fan of the Kings and have Cup posters, photos and plaques with Richie and the Kings on the walls at my house and a great Kings w/Cup screen saver on the PC at work
GKG

Old
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

^ I would of never guessed that you had such an admiration for Richards

This comes completely out of the blue to me..

And a Flyers fan too... Let me see.

Gagne should be benched... Richards has a bad shot... Carter is God lol.

Carter > Richards

Old
02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Washington was talking to the Canucks about Luongo but the Canucks wanted too much back. So I wouldn't say thay wouldn't do a trade, or maybe they felt with Luongo that they had a veteran goalie and could skip the growing period required for Holtby (who I like, and from what I saw in the playoffs, has the right stuff. He just needs time to adjust to the NHL like any hyoung goalie)
The only reason I says the Caps don't want Bernier is that he isn't a surefire upgrade over Holtby and Neuvirth like Luongo is. Louie is an established veteran that can be relied upon to play ~65 games a year. Bernier, Holtby, Neuvirth are basically all young unestablished goalies trying to break in as starters. It's a lateral move at best for the Caps and I doubt that if they didn't like the price for Loungo they aren't going to like the price for Bernier when they have two of their own Berniers currently.

As far as Philly goes, I agree completely. But I still think it may be possible. They have a pretty great young core right now that they hopefully continue to build around and I think Bernier would be a perfect fit with those guys in front of him.

Quote:
Maybe the Islanders could be an option? I know they have som goalie prospects but still... Wouldn't mind a player like Brock Nelson coming back. He would be the ideal 3rd line center! Otherwise you have Nino Niederreiter, who is a more likely option. Then we would have to add a little.
I forgot the Islanders, but yeah that got discussed about a week ago in the Trade Rumors thread... Not sure they are a good fit either with their internal budget, at least not until they decide to spend some money on an actual team and quit dumpster diving...

Quote:

This comes completely out of the blue to me..
Dee posted very sparingly around here until the Richards trade and was one of a couple of people around here that seemingly became a Kings fan when that trade happened. I think he was even one of the people involved in the coining of the Kings as Flyers West.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:56 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Shocker right? Even when he was a FLYer amongst my Flyer fans it was (and is) a source of endless teasing.

Listen I've been following the Flyers (and hockey ) for over 40 years and the only other player who had that kind of 'stuff' was Clarke. I waited a long time for Richards to come along and at least got to enjoy his 6 years here and him leading the team to 2 conf finals and a cup final. Now thanks to cable, the intern et a nd NHL center Ice, I can still watch him.

I will try to abstain as a Lenten sacrifice from not mentioning him in blog until after Easter...

Old
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Dee posted very sparingly around here until the Richards trade and was one of a couple of people around here that seemingly became a Kings fan when that trade happened. I think he was even one of the people involved in the coining of the Kings as Flyers West

I wish I could take credit for Flyers West..not mine.

And as an FYI I'm a she not a he...and I love the Kings HF board and the conversations here.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:

And as an FYI I'm a she not a he...and I love the Kings HF board and the conversations here.
My bad suspected and probably should have known that... My stupid assumptions that everyone on the internet is some nerdy white male...

Old
02-19-2013, 11:14 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Shocker right? Even when he was a FLYer amongst my Flyer fans it was (and is) a source of endless teasing.

Listen I've been following the Flyers (and hockey ) for over 40 years and the only other player who had that kind of 'stuff' was Clarke. I waited a long time for Richards to come along and at least got to enjoy his 6 years here and him leading the team to 2 conf finals and a cup final. Now thanks to cable, the intern et a nd NHL center Ice, I can still watch him.

I will try to abstain as a Lenten sacrifice from not mentioning him in blog until after Easter...
Clarke and Richards are/were such a perfect comparison. MR always seemed like a Clarke clone in the way they play and approach the game (MR having all his teeth and playing like Clarke used to without the bullys behind him).

To me the day the Fliers signed MR to his long term contract I knew that they were going to win at least one cup during the next few years. The day he was dealt to us I knew we would.

Oh well, you and all the rest of the flyer faithful are always welcome around here. Smart hockey people make the place go around no matter which team(s) they follow.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:24 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Clarke and Richards are/were such a perfect comparison. MR always seemed like a Clarke clone in the way they play and approach the game (MR having all his teeth and playing like Clarke used to without the bullys behind him).

To me the day the Fliers signed MR to his long term contract I knew that they were going to win at least one cup during the next few years. The day he was dealt to us I knew we would.

Oh well, you and all the rest of the flyer faithful are always welcome around here. Smart hockey people make the place go around no matter which team(s) they follow.
Thanks so much for that, I needed a warm fuzzy. I'm have a rather crappy day at work which just got worse with a steam burn from the microwave soup I misheated.

And the Flyers could have had that Cup if they'd had sense enough to recognize how special he was and built a team around him. They went in the other direction.
But he's a great fit on the Kings and will flourish in LA, nothing but good things for him and the Kings.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:32 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:

I think Flyers west came from Charliesgirl...? not sure

Has an avatar that had a little girl with a big philly jersey sitting on a bench...lol don't ask why or how I can remember that.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Shellz

Maybe I'm the only one here.. but, I like when the Flyers lose, haha. Not that I have problem with the fans that come around here. But, I do enjoy a good Flyers loss. And the fact that the Flyer fans that visit are girls.. it's awesome. I'm tired of all the testosterone around here.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I like the Flyers. And the Leafs too. That latter one probably put me in the minority, but I think there are quite a few people here who like Philly.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Im torn, i like the Flyers and enjoy watching them when they win, but i also love seeing them lose because they bring more lols than other teams

Old
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
We keep talking about a third line scoring option, and Curtis Glencross is that option. That's exactly who I would want from Calgary.
I agree with your choice but sadly he has a nmc and signed in calgary for less then market rate so i m doubting he wants to go anywhere.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I think Flyers west came from Charliesgirl...? not sure

Has an avatar that had a little girl with a big philly jersey sitting on a bench...lol don't ask why or how I can remember that.
Now that you say that I think you're right and that's who it was.

The little girl is actually from a Norman Rockwell painting of the girl sitting outside the principal's office with a blackeye. It's just edited to have her wearing a philly jersey instead of a flower dress and white blouse.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Now that you say that I think you're right and that's who it was.

The little girl is actually from a Norman Rockwell painting of the girl sitting outside the principal's office with a blackeye. It's just edited to have her wearing a philly jersey instead of a flower dress and white blouse.
..and you just painted the picture in my brain of her bruised knees...lol how they brain works.

I did not know about the painting though ..have to google that.

Edit: what the heck in the avatar it looked like she had blood on her knee. The original not so. Guess this is what they call a false memory. Brain produces a maked up memory and you could swear on your mothers life that it is true.

Last edited by alpa: 02-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:55 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Maybe I'm the only one here.. but, I like when the Flyers lose, haha. Not that I have problem with the fans that come around here. But, I do enjoy a good Flyers loss. And the fact that the Flyer fans that visit are girls.. it's awesome. I'm tired of all the testosterone around here.
Me and you both, I like watching the flyers crash and burn at times because of a girl I once knew though. I really don't like the flyers, one of my most hated teams in the east. I don't have a problem against the fans just the girl I once knew was a flyers hard core fan and we always argued about our teams.

I just hate their players not the fans.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:42 PM
bobafettish*

go vancouver! feel dirty just saying it.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Go Chicago!

Take the record away from the Ducks please

Old
02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
go vancouver! feel dirty just saying it.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
jml87

I agree with everything Deeshamrock said. Except that I just stopped being a fan period after that trade. All my friends and family give me **** for it, but the Kings have a Cup so ha. In all seriousness, I was just tired of rooting for a management who were too interested in the past and too hard on their developing talent, shipping out guys because they they didn't get to the top fast enough (Don't even get me started on the overwhelming pressure they put on their captains), and of course never developing defense or goaltending. I still go to Flyers games and I am so sick of seeing highlights for an era before I was even born.

They should be going after Bernier, but they won't, cause they just don't get it. The last goaltender the Flyers developed is the current assistant GM for the Kings.

I understand the admiration for Richards, too. Not particularly gifted but still great in every aspect. He was the first forward I was a big fan of (I was more interested in goaltenders) and to see him get **** on daily in Philly made me realize that I didn't want to be a fan of the team anymore.

So I guess that makes me a traitor, but I'm not too upset

Closed Thread