HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Info about getting autographs before games?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2011, 10:16 PM
  #126
FultonReed
ew, you did what?
 
FultonReed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Fan View Post
3 hours before is fine..most of em start comin in 4-410 for a 7 pm game
thanks to the mods, first off, for moving this. second, thanks Gaborik Fan for the tip. i'll use it.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
  #127
gravesfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Hi All,
I am going to the game on Sunday and would love to meet some of the players before the game. I know that this thread is almost a year old but can someone tell me where players like Gaborik, Callahan, Girardi, Prust come in before the game?
Thanks all and LGR

gravesfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:06 AM
  #128
NYR Lunchbox
Registered User
 
NYR Lunchbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
figured id give this a bump and a try;

any updated info on who comes n goes where before/after games. ive met players all around the garden in years past but was curious what the '13 boys do?

thanks in advance

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:19 AM
  #129
Blueshirt67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
figured id give this a bump and a try;

any updated info on who comes n goes where before/after games. ive met players all around the garden in years past but was curious what the '13 boys do?

thanks in advance
I park in the garage between 30th and 31st across the street from MSG. People wait outside for players. I've asked if they saw any players and got replies like Asham, Biron, Stralman. I'm usually not early enough to see any players but I met Pete Stemkowski in the garage before a game. There is always a Rolls Royce and a Maserati parked in there on the lower level, I suspect they belong to players.

Blueshirt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:29 AM
  #130
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
I park in the garage between 30th and 31st across the street from MSG. People wait outside for players. I've asked if they saw any players and got replies like Asham, Biron, Stralman. I'm usually not early enough to see any players but I met Pete Stemkowski in the garage before a game. There is always a Rolls Royce and a Maserati parked in there on the lower level, I suspect they belong to players.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Maserati is Lundqvist's.

MGF0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:59 AM
  #131
jwelles17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Unfortunately the renovations to the Garden included a tunnel so that the players can drive in, get out, and have someone valet their car in the park 'n go parking lot now. They don't have to walk through a crowd of people. No more free autographs...

jwelles17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:03 AM
  #132
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelles17 View Post
Unfortunately the renovations to the Garden included a tunnel so that the players can drive in, get out, and have someone valet their car in the park 'n go parking lot now. They don't have to walk through a crowd of people. No more free autographs...
You can get them after the game as they're always willing to stop and sign after they drive out. Before the game all the top guys drive straight in so it's pretty much a waste to go early if you're looking for someone like Lundqvist or Callahan.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
  #133
phillyb
Registered User
 
phillyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
bump. looking to get zuc's autograph on my jersey.
any ideas?

phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
  #134
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SF, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
back in the day (2/3 LAST SSN) I used to wait by the back entrance by 8th ave and have met Zucc there.

Waited outside a game this season and didn't see ANYONE come out of the back entrance, not like, one. Only Sam.

I've met tons at that entrance: Zucc, Callie, Staal, Boyle, Gaborik, Eminger, Prust, DZ...

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:27 PM
  #135
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 1150
i saw prust heading into a side entrance before game 4. any rangers spottings?

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:11 AM
  #136
RidinwitdaKING
Registered User
 
RidinwitdaKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
i saw prust heading into a side entrance before game 4. any rangers spottings?
Did you take a Tire Iron to his Kneecap?

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 04:23 AM
  #137
FultonReed
ew, you did what?
 
FultonReed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
i saw prust heading into a side entrance before game 4. any rangers spottings?
saw G run into the building, Benny, Mac and Staal were in Benny's car. saw Nasher drive in, in his Audi. Hank gets dropped off by an SUV livery cab. those are the only Rangers i saw.

i DID see Danny Briere, though, and i told him to go to hell. felt real good.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:18 AM
  #138
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
saw G run into the building, Benny, Mac and Staal were in Benny's car. saw Nasher drive in, in his Audi. Hank gets dropped off by an SUV livery cab. those are the only Rangers i saw.

i DID see Danny Briere, though, and i told him to go to hell. felt real good.
nice, where did you see them and around what time?

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:55 AM
  #139
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Don't bother these guys for autographs during the playoffs.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:45 PM
  #140
WVULax22
Registered User
 
WVULax22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Don't bother these guys for autographs during the playoffs.
Lol, yeah because THAT is what will throw them off their game.

/sarcasm

WVULax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
  #141
FultonReed
ew, you did what?
 
FultonReed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
nice, where did you see them and around what time?
since the games start at 8 now, figure between 4:30 and 5 around where the lot goes down into Penn Station? just around the corner from the front of the building.

if you really want an autograph, you should go AFTER, though. Girardi looked like he was in a rush and said something about seeing us after the game, and none of the guys in their cars stopped to say hi. only person i saw give out an autograph was Brian Gionta, and i know just how much you guys want him to sign your stuff

your best bet would be after the game in the same spot, if not on the corner of 8th. but where i was is where the garage is. you literally can't miss it; there are tons of tv trailers outside.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:00 AM
  #142
ChOyBoY
Registered User
 
ChOyBoY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
bump. looking to get zuc's autograph on my jersey.
any ideas?
met him last year coming out the front entrance after the game. i usually never have enough time to get there early before the games, so usually waiting afterwards with a small group of usually 20 people or so..have met hagelin, mcdonagh, zuccarello, kreider, boyle all coming out through the front

ChOyBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 08:28 AM
  #143
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Has anyone here gotten McDonagh's autograph? Is he nice with the fans?

rangerstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 08:39 AM
  #144
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstown View Post
Has anyone here gotten McDonagh's autograph? Is he nice with the fans?
My buddy took a photo with him and Brassard at the Yankees game Saturday.

Said both were real nice guys. McD was wearing a Twins hat though

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 08:40 AM
  #145
rangerstown
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
My buddy took a photo with him and Brassard at the Yankees game Saturday.

Said both were real nice guys. McD was wearing a Twins hat though
Very good, thanks irishlaxburger2. What about at the Garden, is he easy to get a hold of for autographs?

rangerstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.