HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
would you trade DD and Weber for ROR we would have Galchenyuk ROR Pleks and Eller as centermen going forward
You know who wouldn't? All the Colorado fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Unless the + is Couturier, it's a bad offer. Even with Couturier I wouldn't do it, but that's me
I agree with you. Simmonds isn't worth half of what Subban can bring to the Montreal Canadiens and that's being generous.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:02 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Am I the only one who heard Lavoie say that O'reilly was a Habs fan and wants to wear the bleu blanc rouge?

Old
02-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Moving discussion from the GDT ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I consider having a guy who can bring the same type of intangibles as Plekanec more of a luxury than a redundancy for the team. It would give us the ability to grind out series the same way that Phoenix did last year in the playoffs but the difference is that our team is a LOT better than theirs. I'd rather have Plekanec, ROR, Eller and Gally than Hanzal, Vermette & Gordon as center depth.
I am not saying I would not take ROR.

I am simply saying would not completely overpay for him in terms of assets when Plekanec is already doing so well in the ''hard minutes'' role at C and you have Eller involving into a player you can trust in a lot of situations at C too. There are other needs that need to be looked at.

COL is reportedly only trading him for a big overpay.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:17 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Am I the only one who heard Lavoie say that O'reilly was a Habs fan and wants to wear the bleu blanc rouge?
What?!?! when and where?

Old
02-19-2013, 12:12 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Moving discussion from the GDT ...

I am not saying I would not take ROR.

I am simply saying would not completely overpay for him in terms of assets when Plekanec is already doing so well in the ''hard minutes'' role at C and you have Eller involving into a player you can trust in a lot of situations at C too. There are other needs that need to be looked at.

COL is reportedly only trading him for a big overpay.
Lavoie said a 1st or a 2nd + an established player. Sounds reasonable if you ask me. The problem is accepting his contract when you already behaved like a hard ball with Subban. That would make the org look a bit like hypocrites.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
What?!?! when and where?
He wrote this in his blog tonight:

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../155241/public

Quote:
Pour ce qui est du Canadien, je peux vous confirmer que Ryan O’Reilly (18 buts, 37 passes en 81 matchs en 2011-12) n’est pas de ces joueurs qui ont peur de Montréal et de la pression qui vient avec.

Au contraire, on me confirme que le Canadien fait partie des formations avec laquelle il aimerait évoluer.

Le message est clair, mais ceci ne veut pas dire pour autant que Marc Bergevin va transiger en ce sens.
Translation: He's not scared of MTL or the pressure that comes with it. He also writes that it's been confirmed to him that the Habs are one of the teams ROR would love to play for.

The message is clear, but it doesn't mean that Marc Bergevin will make a trade for him.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Lavoie said a 1st or a 2nd + an established player. Sounds reasonable if you ask me. The problem is accepting his contract when you already behaved like a hard ball with Subban. That would make the org look a bit like hypocrites.
unless bergevin can convince him to do the bridge deal too

Old
02-19-2013, 12:26 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Exactly why people need to drop this.

Also, "established player" is going to be Pacioretty not Eller.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
And CBC said the asking price was 2 roster players + a pick + a blue chip prospect.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:14 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
And CBC said the asking price was 2 roster players + a pick + a blue chip prospect.
ROR is not Rick Nash.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:35 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
ROR is not Rick Nash.
Shoot for the moon, settle for the Stratusphere.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well since we are looking at ( hoping too ) that we'll have a low draft pick this year, we might want to use it to get a player like Ryan O'Reilley. Lars Eller may be enough although I doubt it, if it doesn't work Desharnais would be a logical choice or... I may get some fire for saying this, but trading our captain would be a viable option.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 02-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:21 AM
DAChampion

Desharnais and a first for ROR?

Sign me up lol.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:16 AM
DAChampion

Sign me up lol.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:05 AM
SnapVirus

I would nevr trade a first in a deep draft. Except if the return is HUGE.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Pass. O'Reilly is more of a "nice to have" rather than "need to have". We have 2 bigger centers in Galchenyuk and Eller. Plus, Eller has really stepped up his play and is doing a lot of the things ROR would bring for no added assets and a much lower cap hit.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:01 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Sign me up lol.
Getting ROR is bad idea if he asks for more than a bridge deal.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I would nevr trade a first in a deep draft. Except if the return is HUGE.
I agree I think this is gonna be an important draft year for us, I would rather not trade our 1st.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Yeah that might be what was the asking price before Colorado found out no one would pay it. In any case, I don't think the habs are in a position to do this deal, not without a bigger risk than necessary.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
WestIslander

The asking price for Ryan O'Rielly is an established young NHL player and a 1st round or 2nd round draft pick.

My prosposal would be:

David Desharnais + 2nd round draft pick in 2013

FOR

Ryan O'Rielly

Then our forward lines can be:

Pacioretty - O'Rielly - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Eller - Armtrong

Old
02-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
I agree I think this is gonna be an important draft year for us, I would rather not trade our 1st.
I agree, keep the 1st. I would toss two 2nds as part of a deal (depending on the roster player).

Desharnais + two 2nds + prospect (Kristo?) for ROR

Eller has picked his game up, I wouldn't want to send him out as he has provided some of what ROR can do for much much less than what ROR would want.

not to mention what it says to the team if you sign this RFA to a big money long term deal when no other RFA here has been.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:55 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I agree, keep the 1st. I would toss two 2nds as part of a deal (depending on the roster player).

Desharnais + two 2nds + prospect (Kristo?) for ROR

Eller has picked his game up, I wouldn't want to send him out as he has provided some of what ROR can do for much much less than what ROR would want.

not to mention what it says to the team if you sign this RFA to a big money long term deal when no other RFA here has been.
That's an overpayment. ROR can be had (by any team he cares to sign with) for a first and a second pick (based on the fact that ROR is looking for 5 million/season, the Avalanche are unwilling to pay him that and the compensation for that contract is a first and a second). Desharnais + Kristo + 2nd > 1st in my book. I would personally stop with Desharnais (if we get ROR he's the centre most likely to be forced out of the lineup) and a second (and maybe a late round pick to sweeten the pot).

Old
02-19-2013, 09:56 AM
HCH

Quote:
Closest comparable is Turris who came to Ottawa for a top prospect and a draft pick. I know that everyone thinks that RoR is worth a lot more but considering that Colorado want 2 roster playes on top of what Ottawa got, then I would say they want a lot... unless the roster players are Weber and Kaberle.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
That's an overpayment. ROR can be had (by any team he cares to sign with) for a first and a second pick (based on the fact that ROR is looking for 5 million/season, the Avalanche are unwilling to pay him that and the compensation for that contract is a first and a second). Desharnais + Kristo + 2nd > 1st in my book. I would personally stop with Desharnais (if we get ROR he's the centre most likely to be forced out of the lineup) and a second (and maybe a late round pick to sweeten the pot).
There will be at least 10 teams bidding for him, you may need to offer more. But at a certain point you have to have a max price in mind and stick to not passing that point

Old
02-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Beendair Donedat

Bergevin won't move Desharnais period. The guy gets a much longer leash because of the francophone factor. It's just the elephant in the room that nobody is mentioning.

Eller is the more realistic option if anyone is moved. Which I doubt they will be. Eller is bigger and cheaper and has played really well this year. He finally looks motivated.

Closed Thread