HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
thanks for the 411. Never met the kid...many times fathers can be a bone of contention. Son is always better than the next kid.

BTW, what do you think we can expect tonite? Doubt we will see a repeat, it will be close. It could not get any worse.
Yea it will be the complete opposite from your blow out loss against he Soo, it should be an easy win for you guys because the spitfires are pathetic and the goalies can't stop a beach ball as of late...it's should be 6 or 7 to 2 for the sting when the game is over.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:59 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yea it will be the complete opposite from your blow out loss against he Soo, it should be an easy win for you guys because the spitfires are pathetic and the goalies can't stop a beach ball as of late...it's should be 6 or 7 to 2 for the sting when the game is over.
actually, it turns out windsor was the better team, but lost...it happens.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:26 PM
honey bee

Big win tonight and a very entertaining game. Oshawa is a good team, their players are all huge compared to Sting players. JP kept us in this game. I liked Brian Moore on 1st line last weekend, but Jacques has Goldobin back up with Charlie and Boucher. Not sure why as he seems lost out there lately. Anyway, great game.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
lazyboy

I won't even comment on that 'game'.
My question is what may have happened to JP Anderson after he was pulled He was never on the bench and during the timeout JB motioned on 3 occasions to what seemed to me like calling him back in the nets and on 2 of those occasions the training staff spoke back to JB.
Probably nothing to it but given the history (JP's injuries and JB personality clash with past players) i'm kinda curious

Old
02-19-2013, 07:55 AM
StungbySting

If someone ever figures this team out please let me know what's going on...they beat the Knights and get spanked by the Hounds and Whalers

Old
02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
If someone ever figures this team out please let me know what's going on...they beat the Knights and get spanked by the Hounds and Whalers
The Knights forwards are small. The Soo and Plymouth's forwards are big.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:46 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
The Knights forwards are small. The Soo and Plymouth's forwards are big.
Agree with above.I also think London was struggling and the Soo and Plymouth are at the top of their games.I think in the west that Plymouth and the Soo could be the teams to beat if they stay hot.London's goaltending to me looks a bit shakey

Old
02-22-2013, 07:40 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

wellllllll....how bad is this team playing right now? It's a flashback to October and November when players stopped working and skating. With the exception of a few players, this team just isn't skating or fighting for any pucks. It has to be extremely frustrating for JP Anderson with his teammates not playing hard in front of him.

The Greyhounds played a strong game. I noticed that the Sting had difficulty creating anything offensively mainly because the forwards would pull up once they gained the offensive blueline rather than take pucks hard to the net. The Greyhounds were constantly hustling back taking away any late passing options for the player that pulled up at the blueline. It was quite evident that the Soo was aware that Sarnia likes to use this strategy to hit the high guy coming in and prepared for it with simple hustling on the back check. Simple hockey.

It will be interesting to see how Sarnia does against the Otters, one of the OHL's weaker teams.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
wellllllll....how bad is this team playing right now? It's a flashback to October and November when players stopped working and skating. With the exception of a few players, this team just isn't skating or fighting for any pucks. It has to be extremely frustrating for JP Anderson with his teammates not playing hard in front of him.

The Greyhounds played a strong game. I noticed that the Sting had difficulty creating anything offensively mainly because the forwards would pull up once they gained the offensive blueline rather than take pucks hard to the net. The Greyhounds were constantly hustling back taking away any late passing options for the player that pulled up at the blueline. It was quite evident that the Soo was aware that Sarnia likes to use this strategy to hit the high guy coming in and prepared for it with simple hustling on the back check. Simple hockey.

It will be interesting to see how Sarnia does against the Otters, one of the OHL's weaker teams.
Offense did suffer tonight but holy smokes,DeAngelo and Basso stunk the building out on D.OHL made a scoring mistake, instead of 2 assist to DeAngelo,he got 5 assist with 3 for assisting the Soo. Here a kid with lots of talent but lazier than a pet coon when coming back after missing the net a hundred times.Time for him to ride the pine again.Basso had zero drive with his -3 last night.Also Goldobin (-4 last night)has to get his $%^& together.He is so soft on players and D man keeping the puck in our own end.Yank off that first line until he gets the message.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
honey bee

Goldobin definately should not be on the top line! He is the worst player out there, no effort. I do not know what Beaulieu is thinking putting him out there. I get sooo frustrated watching him, loved Moore up there he made things happen. Anyway, it is the same old with this team.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
Goldobin definately should not be on the top line! He is the worst player out there, no effort. I do not know what Beaulieu is thinking putting him out there. I get sooo frustrated watching him, loved Moore up there he made things happen. Anyway, it is the same old with this team.
Definitely an overstatement unless you are referring to strictly "effort". He's arguably Sarnia's most skilled forward but he needs to dig deeper for sure because he has been slacking lately.

Moore was fantastic last night (one of a few). If he could bring the energy he brought last night, the Sting would be in a much better place. Sarnia desperately needs more secondary scoring. Davis Brown, Bryan Moore, Brett Hargrave, Nick Latta and Daniel Nikandrov need to ramp up their games.

Unfortunately I won't be able to catch Connor McDavid and the Erie Otters in town tonight but hopefully more people show up to the game than last night (dreadful). I cannot believe how poor Sarnia's atmosphere is (not just last night). It has to be the worst in the entire OHL, no?

Either way, McDavid and Goldobin both have 24 goals to lead all OHL rookies and Goldobin trails McDavid by only 3 points in the scoring race so it will be interesting to watch the stat lines tonight.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Baldy

Quite a few season ticket holders in our section have quit coming to the games, and the ones that are coming have a very negative view of this team. Most believe, with the current lack of passion or effort, it will be an 8th place finish with a one and done against the Knights. It is too bad as you know the kids have to feel the 'negative vibes' and see the empty seats. Announced crowd of 2600 something. Probably closer to 2000. Legionnairres drew 1600 last night in the Sarnia Arena.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:54 AM
FatKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Quite a few season ticket holders in our section have quit coming to the games, and the ones that are coming have a very negative view of this team. Most believe, with the current lack of passion or effort, it will be an 8th place finish with a one and done against the Knights. It is too bad as you know the kids have to feel the 'negative vibes' and see the empty seats. Announced crowd of 2600 something. Probably closer to 2000. Legionnairres drew 1600 last night in the Sarnia Arena.
The product on the ice usually dictates how full the stands are - and in this case, it holds true. If the kids cared a little, perhaps made it look like they were putting the effort forward, more fans would come out. Look at the ***** SHOW they put on for family day - in front of 4000+ fans. If that was my first game, or I was an occasional fan, I would not come back.

I know that I'll lose the money that I've already paid out for my season tickets, but I'm at the point where I'd rather sit home and watch TV. Why should I put the effort forward to make it to the game when the team doesn't seem to put any effort forward. (I know some of the kids are trying, but the team as a whole doesn't seem to care.)

Old
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM
dansk55

[ Look at the ***** SHOW they put on for family day - in front of 4000+ fans. If that was my first game, or I was an occasional fan, I would not come back.

I know that I'll lose the money that I've already paid out for my season tickets, but I'm at the point where I'd rather sit home and watch TV. Why should I put the effort forward to make it to the game when the team doesn't seem to put any effort forward. (I know some of the kids are trying, but the team as a whole doesn't seem to care.)[/QUOTE]

As for Monday. It was horrible, but Plymouth took shots, and how many deflections were there? Or off the goalie's back. I've never seen that many bad bouces against us in one period. Plymouth had more shots in one game than we took in 2. You gotta put the puck on the net and hopefully something happens.
I could not believe how big Soo is. Wow. We were outmanned, soft and afraid of being hit.
I am not sure it always has to do with effort. I am not sure the talent is there. After two third of the first line, we have no talent per se. With how many forwards we cannot find a third on the top line. Our top 3 in the draft haven't got 20 points between them...Renaud, Hargrave, and Addessi. Hope summer brings something more positive in their play or the vision is filled with holes.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Sempron

heres something positive. how about boucher. a legit possibility of breaking stammers record. the kid is a pure sniper. on the not so positive side it just goes to show that it dont matter who is in net the team defence is brutal. allowing jp to get peppered like that game in and game out is unaceptable but something i guess we all should be used to. and then theres next year. omg. are we suppose to believe that things are going to improve. bouch and charlie won't be back and no goalie with much experience.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
[ Look at the ***** SHOW they put on for family day - in front of 4000+ fans. If that was my first game, or I was an occasional fan, I would not come back.

I know that I'll lose the money that I've already paid out for my season tickets, but I'm at the point where I'd rather sit home and watch TV. Why should I put the effort forward to make it to the game when the team doesn't seem to put any effort forward. (I know some of the kids are trying, but the team as a whole doesn't seem to care.)
As for Monday. It was horrible, but Plymouth took shots, and how many deflections were there? Or off the goalie's back. I've never seen that many bad bouces against us in one period. Plymouth had more shots in one game than we took in 2. You gotta put the puck on the net and hopefully something happens.
I could not believe how big Soo is. Wow. We were outmanned, soft and afraid of being hit.
I am not sure it always has to do with effort. I am not sure the talent is there. After two third of the first line, we have no talent per se. With how many forwards we cannot find a third on the top line. Our top 3 in the draft haven't got 20 points between them...Renaud, Hargrave, and Addessi. Hope summer brings something more positive in their play or the vision is filled with holes.[/QUOTE]

Drafts have been disappointing but will give Hargrave credit as he has looked better since coming back at christmas time.Moore is one of my disappointments.He looked good in preseason and hasnt did much since.Dont get me wrong,he can handle the puck with energy only to loose it or miss the net by 5 ft.Our young forwards need to start to hitting the net instead of trying for the corners of the net and missing by 5 ft and drive the net looking for a rebound.They also are too slow in shooting the puck and the opposition is there to block easily.Next year does look scary.I was hoping to see more from the 2nd line down this year but it looks like a long season.I sure hope the 200 (sorry 13 i believe)draft picks we have this year that Jocko didnt want to trade away that there is a diamond in the ruff

Old
02-23-2013, 08:58 PM
massey

Soft performance by the Sting tonight.DeAngelo -3 tonight go figuire.When will he get it.Forwards are getting tired of the famous puck hog role and not passing.Oh ya lets not forget about the twirling around .Sad

Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Hivehound

Anybody know why JP didn't make the trip?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:50 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivehound View Post
Anybody know why JP didn't make the trip?
my first guess is, he is hurt. He looked like has been fighting the puck...just my guess.
As for Tony D, he lacks consistency, but then you look overall plus minus, he's actually not bad. just needs to pick and choose. He will never be a great defence man ... but has offensive threat written all over him.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:51 AM
hockeysar

Sting @ Plymouth - Feb 23

Even though they lost, Sounds like Sting were in game right into the third period - they had good scoring chances in every period - though shots were missing the net. Dawe should have had third goal. The refs, Seth Ferguson and Joe Park, turned the game into a #### show in the 3rd period with their non-calls - goalie interference, high sticks, elbows, charging etc. Beaulieau was not happy at the end of game. He was very vocal towards Ferguson. Basso got hurt ( I hope he is okay) and that resulted from the garbage taking place on the ice.The radio announcers called the referring a disgrace. I know Ferguson and Park have been called out by other coaches in the O. Joe Park has been refing for a long time and he still is garbage. I thought the Sting put in a descent effort but made a few rookie mistakes.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
The Sting playing the Knights in the playoffs is the best possible match up for the Sting. And the Sting have a very good chance at winning that series.

Bad luck again hurt this team this year. If Murphy didn't get hurt or if JB was notified sooner of the severity of the injury, this would be a completely different team.

I know it is early to say this, but looking forward, and as long as players develop, this is going to be a great team in the next couple of years. I just hope the fans realize that sooner then later.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
aresknights

Definitely agree, a Knights matchup would suit the Sting well, but I wouldnt go as far as to say they have a "very good chance of winning" London would definitely be favoured but the Sting still have to come in with no fear and should. Theyve played the Knights well, JB is familiar with the Hunter systems ect...
Id rather the Knights get Saginaw

Old
02-26-2013, 05:39 PM
HockeyCritics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
The Sting playing the Knights in the playoffs is the best possible match up for the Sting. And the Sting have a very good chance at winning that series.

Bad luck again hurt this team this year. If Murphy didn't get hurt or if JB was notified sooner of the severity of the injury, this would be a completely different team.

I know it is early to say this, but looking forward, and as long as players develop, this is going to be a great team in the next couple of years. I just hope the fans realize that sooner then later.
Yes i agree with the Knights being a good match up. Barrick back early next week ? . What's going to happen with goalie situation (4) ?

Old
02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritics View Post
Yes i agree with the Knights being a good match up. Barrick back early next week ? . What's going to happen with goalie situation (4) ?
interesting question. it would depend on the health of jp. If he is good to go, you gotta play Dawe. Barrick works out but i don't see how you can put him in after the way Dawe played.
i would go for knights too .. plymouth or soo are going to be tough.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
hardoil3232

sting would likely beat knights in a best of seven the way the knights are playing

Closed Thread