HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Colorado (yes o'reilly)

Old
02-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Rielly or Gardiner+

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:32 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Rielly or Gardiner+

Just give him the money he ask for and end this.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:39 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhanot View Post
Avs fans will say not enough.
and Leafs fans will say enough already

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:41 AM
416Leafer

Colorado is going to want a better centre-piece to the trade than Bozak. This is a quantity for quality trade, and I doubt Colorado would bite.

From Toronto, they'd want Gardiner included. I can't see it happening without him on the table (unless Rielly, Kessel, or Phaneuf are involved, which I don't see happening).

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Bozak is not getting enough credit here! In his previous 2 seasons he has more points than o'reilly in less games. Last season o'reilly broke out with 55 points, only 8 more points than bozak who also played 8 less games. O'reilly is more superior in the defensive end and that's why toronto adds to the deal, but bozak is also no slouch in the defensive end so the difference between really isn't that great.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Bozak is not getting enough credit here! In his previous 2 seasons he has more points than o'reilly in less games. Last season o'reilly broke out with 55 points, only 8 more points than bozak who also played 8 less games. O'reilly is more superior in the defensive end and that's why toronto adds to the deal, but bozak is also no slouch in the defensive end so the difference between really isn't that great.
Bozak was also playing with PPG linemates in Kessel/Lupul, as well as had more offensive support from the blueline. ROR lead his team in points, which is a pretty big difference.

What would RORs points be between Kessel/Lupul and what would Bozaks have been on Colorado last year? Especially considering ROR is 5 years younger, what will he be putting up at Bozaks age?

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
i counter with:

F - Ryan O'Reilly

D - Jake Gardiner
F - Tyler Biggs
P - 1st Round Draft Choice

There is no ROR deal with Tor without one of Gardiner/Rielly coming back.
I counter with a 27.5m offer sheet.

Faltorvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Nice term.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
maybe, I'm not claiming i'm an "insider" just seems weird that you can't come to terms with a player whom your fan base seems to regard so highly.
I have given this some thought and only 1 thing keeps popping up.

We have a new coach and a drastically different system.

One has to wonder if they are just giving it some more games played to better assess his value to us in the new regime.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nice term.
5 years. works out to 5.5m per and puts a 1rst,2nd,3rd as compensation

Old
02-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Ralphy
BONG

Quote:
Rielly or Gardiner+
As good as O'Reilly is, I personally would not trade either of Rielly or Gardiner for him.
If I picked one to trade, it would be Gardiner.

Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:32 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Assuming its 27.5m over 5 years Avs match and their fans thank you.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:43 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post

Just give him the money he ask for and end this.
And then give Dutchy, EJ, Varly and Lando whatever we want and we can have no cap space left to put together a team around them!

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Stormcrow

Quote:
Rielly or Gardiner+
I almost spat out my coffee when I read this.

ROR has a career high 55pts(18G!). I know he is young but HF boards make him out to be a perennial all star~!

Rielly is a 100% no go.
Gardiner even from my perspective might be equal in value without the + to it.

Be realistic(I know this is asking alot for HF boards). You have a RFA with one good season under his belt that wants 5 mill a year. I don't blame Colorado for not wanting to pay him, he doesn't deserve it. What makes you think that other teams are going to give you multiple 1st round picks for a selfish center with one good season. Give your head a shake.

Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

ROR has a career high 55pts(18G!). I know he is young but HF boards make him out to be a perennial all star~!

Rielly is a 100% no go.

Be realistic(I know this is asking alot for HF boards). You have a RFA with one good season under his belt that wants 5 mill a year. I don't blame Colorado for not wanting to pay him, he doesn't deserve it. What makes you think that other teams are going to give you multiple 1st round picks for a selfish center with one good season. Give your head a shake.
The Avs have an RFA center man who lead our team in scoring while playing against top lines and shutting them down defensively with Winnik/Hejduk's corpse/1-shouldered-Downie opposite Landy last year after having been an excellent shutdown center his first two year. An RFA that a lot of teams are talking to the Avs about. I'd rather trade for someone like Kulikov than Gardiner straight up, so yeah, unless there's a good + added to Gardiner, there's better trades out there.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Also I'm happy people like my proposal but I only do the deal with liles, not gunnerson. Gunnerson is a young, cheap top 4 defenceman and arguably the leafs best Defencman most nights. The difference between o'reilly and bozak is not gunnerson IMO. But if the aves like the deal with liles (plus Percy,2nd) than we have a deal
Nah dont flatter yourself. It's an awful proposal we just played along for the laughs.

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Reilly + Kadri

For

O'Reilly + 3rd round pick

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
maybe, I'm not claiming i'm an "insider" just seems weird that you can't come to terms with a player whom your fan base seems to regard so highly.
It's the fact that he's asking more than what the Avs want to pay.

Yes, they have the cap space, but if you let players ask for whatever they want, where is the line drawn?

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:58 AM
hockeyGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Nah dont flatter yourself. It's an awful proposal we just played along for the laughs.
Thank God, I was getting worried that fellow Av fans have lost their mind. I would seriously question my loyalty to the Avs(not Aves) if this deal went down. Would rather let ROR sit the rest of season than take this deal. Some Leaf fans can be obtuse.

hockeyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

Rielly is a 100% no go.

Laugh, spit, do whatever it is you do... that's a realistic price, and it's what the winning team ends up paying. I'm not trying to sell you ROR. There are plenty of interested teams. If you want to re-up Bozak as your 1C or gamble that Getzlaf will sign with you in the summer that's your choice.

Other teams will fork out that kind of money and picks because it's not too often that a 22 year old #1 center comes on the market. Now you can spit your coffee that I called him a #1 center, again, not my concern.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

an unsigned RFA hold out isn't going to garner a kings ransom. i have a feeling avs fans are going to be severely dissappointed at the return when all is said and done.

another thing to consider is a if a team like the leafs want really want him and the avs keep playing hardball, they could just sign him to a heavily front loaded offer sheet. for example, if the contract was structured in a way that his first year he'd make a small base salary with a large signing bonus in sept and the second year of the contract he's making 8M with a cap hit of 4.5-5.5, i honestly doubt the avs would be in a position match.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Stormcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Reilly + Kadri

For

O'Reilly + 3rd round pick

How about Reilly+Kadri+1st rounder for the next 5 years+Kessel?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Stormcrow

I really hope that he gets traded so Avs fans can see(and HF forums as a whole) can see what the return will be, I guarantee that it will NOT be as much as they anticipate.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Rielly + Gardiner for Reilly. Avs retain the "O'" to use however they wish.

O'Zanon
O'O'Brien (Double O Brien has a nice ring to it)
SaccoO'
VO'Arlamov

The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
an unsigned RFA hold out isn't going to garner a kings ransom. i have a feeling avs fans are going to be severely dissappointed at the return when all is said and done.

another thing to consider is a team like the leafs could sign him to a heavily front loaded offer sheet. for example, if the contract was structured in a way that his first year he'd make a small base salary with a large signing bonus in sept and the second year of the contract he's making 8M with a cap hit of 4.5-5.5, i honestly doubt the avs would be in a position match.
The whole unsigned RFA deal is overstated. The teams are presumably free to negotiate a contract with him right this minute. In some sense that's better than inheriting a previously signed deal, barring a bargain deal. I can't imagine any team would be foolish enough to trade for him without having a contract tentatively agreed to. So the real effect of no contract here is the fact that he's a dormant asset for the Avs and potentially doesn't want to be there. I think this is cancelled out by the sheer number of interested parties.

The Leafs could make him an offer sheet, and there was speculation that they already had drawn up the sheet. The cash money isn't exactly an issue for the Kroenkes. It's hard to envision a situation in which the Kroenkes can't match. In my view the biggest "poison pill" you could drop would be a large one year offer sheet. It raises his QO and takes him to arbitration eligibility while minimizing the draft pick compensation you would have to pay. That's all a moot point from what Avs fans have heard. For one reason or another - whether it's because he doesn't want to screw the Avs or out of fear of them matching - ROR isn't likely to sign an offer sheet.