Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

vCash: 500
The Liverpool fans would never accept him, Much the way Rafa is being shunned by Chelsea fans now.

My own theory is that I think this could very well be SAF's last season, I think once he wins the league back from City(and probably will) that will the next "challenger" in his mind taken care of.

I think if by chance Man Utd win the champions league, He will retire for sure. Imo their 4th favorite at best for that.

That's where Mourinho comes in.

Or there could be a manager swap between Madrid and PSG.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Has Sir Alex set a date for his retirement ?

Old
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who do you think Ferguie is? The Pope? Pffffssss

Old
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Edonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Besides throwing all of his players under the bus when he loses, taking full credit for wins, causing divisions within the dressing room, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on players only to have his teams sit back all game, his teams consistently playing like thugs, waiting for refs in the parking lot, or being an egomaniac, they all work for me.
Seems like the majority of his players love him. Opposing fans + players despise him.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
He should go to MLS before he retires.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Evilo

vCash: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Besides throwing all of his players under the bus when he loses, taking full credit for wins, causing divisions within the dressing room, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on players only to have his teams sit back all game, his teams consistently playing like thugs, waiting for refs in the parking lot, or being an egomaniac, they all work for me.
While part of that is true, I'm sure Inter (and Porto) fans, players and officials would laugh at those statements.

I don't like Mourinho, but he's still a very good coach. One of the best in the game today.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Stray Wasp

Quote:

And it came to pass that in season 2001/2002, Manchester United suffered their first trophyless season in four years and their lowest league finish in eleven years.

Given that Ferguson is still going eleven years after he was supposed to march into the sunset, you may gather that he can't tear himself away from football. That his previous swansong proved anticlimactic suggests that if he should set a retirement date, he'll keep it private as long as possible so as not to lose his authority.

I can imagine Ferguson trying to go on forever. And if a meteor is found to be on a fatal collision course with the earth, the old tyrant will been blown to smithereens jabbing a finger at his stopwatch and barking at the meteor to **** off because he wants more time.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't throw Jose under the bus. Maybe it's because i love Special1TV, but more than likely, it would mean that the owners were going to get the best players out there.

As it stands now, I don't think that's the aim at all. Liverpool should be a club going to the CL and competing for titles. If they brought in Mourinho, it would be under the expectation that the funds would be there to do that. It isn't a birthright for Liverpool to be successful, and things do change, but I'm not willing to accept that the club is a mid table side. They have an obligation to their history and supporters the world over to attempt to be more than that. There's nothing like a European night at Anfield.

He's a rat, but he is a very good manager who shows your club has ambition. I think LFC's plan is well and good, but I'm not sold they have ambition to win the league anytime soon. I think they have more aim to raise the clubs revenue, raise there value and sell the club on. But that's just me.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson literally died on the job. He won't retired until he can't physically cope anymore.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Mourinho is going back to Chelsea, it's a foregone conclusion.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Mourinho is going back to Chelsea, it's a foregone conclusion.
I think it's Man City he's going next....

Old
02-13-2013, 04:10 PM
les Habs

Well it looks like M'Vila could be in trouble. Some teams might have dodged a bullet, though considering "if he know her age bit", which is laughable if true, he'll probably get off.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Well it looks like M'Vila could be in trouble. Some teams might have dodged a bullet, though considering "if he know her age bit", which is laughable if true, he'll probably get off.
And boom.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
JJTT

Quote:
http://www.marca.com/2013/02/13/en/f...360783730.html

to people who dont bother to google it

Old
02-18-2013, 09:41 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
maybe arsenal make a run at Gonalons

Old
02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post

Arsenal need to get a manager with more urgency and bring in top class players like they used to while still developing their own.

Gonalons is money though.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:59 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
If he's in the 5M range, we might have a chance. Can't wait for Wenger to get sacked so we can bring in someone that'll recruit talent to help us out NOW and for the future.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
If he's in the 5M range, we might have a chance. Can't wait for Wenger to get sacked so we can bring in someone that'll recruit talent to help us out NOW and for the future.
Actually I don't mind keeping Wenger as a coach, but he HAS to get rid of any transfer power and we promote someone good to the GM department.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Actually I don't mind keeping Wenger as a coach, but he HAS to get rid of any transfer power and we promote someone good to the GM department.
Wenger's ego won't approve of that offer, wich I think is a good one BTW. To me, he's either in charge of everything or nothing at all and if that's the case, show him the door while thanking him for all he's done over the years and reward him with a big fat check to show your appreciation.

Well, we can forget about that big fat check cause we're probably broke... you know, cause we don't want to spend during the transfer windows

Old
02-20-2013, 12:53 AM
les Habs

A lot of talk in the "Barça" papers for Wednesday. Sounds like it comes from other Spanish sources, but this is where I saw them.

From SPORT:

-Ronaldo could leave Madrid when his contract is up so his agent Jorge Mendes can sell him off to the highest bidder. Florentino Perez, who is up for election again this Summer, could sell him and go after Isco, Silva, Cazorla, Carvajal and Bale. Neymar would be a possibility, but apparently he'd have to pay Santos and Barça both 50 million. Also reports that Mourinho has already agreed to leave in the Summer for 10 million.

From Mundo Deportivo:

-So Bild (I assume it's Bild, says "Sport Bild" in the article) did an interview with Hoeness about the Guardiola signing. Rummenigge met with Pep some time last Fall in Barcelona. Pep's brother and agent was in Munich "several times" as well. Hoeness met with Guardiola on Dec 20th and had a three hour conversation after which Pep apparently asked "do I sign now?" Hoeness had a contract signed by Rummenigge with him. During the conversation Pep told Hoeness he'd seen all Bayern's televised matches since August and had questions about training and relationships with the press. Hoeness said they talked tactics as well and Pep was very knowledgeable. He said "barely a moment had passed and I knew he was the perfect coach for us." Same day, and I guess Pep invited him to the Four Seasons, Sir Alex was there as well and wanted to say "hi" to Hoeness, but he didn't know Hoeness was meeting with Pep.

-Mourinho made a whirlwind trip to London on either Sunday or Monday.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Edonator

I'm going to be so devastated if the best footballer in the world went to China or Russia.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:52 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
I'm going to be so devastated if the best footballer in the world went to China or Russia.
Don't worry. Messi isn't going to China or Russia.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:53 AM
cgf

Quote:
Don't worry. Messi isn't going to China or Russia.
You've gotta figure that if Anzhi keep hitting his release clause, eventually they might also convince him to take the money.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Morlesio14*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Arsenal need to get a manager with more urgency and bring in top class players like they used to while still developing their own.

Gonalons is money though.
Thank you. Window after window nothing gets done

Old
02-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
You've gotta figure that if Anzhi keep hitting his release clause, eventually they might also convince him to take the money.
There's no way. I can't ever see the best of the best ever going to Russia. All the hotties are in España!

Closed Thread