HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#17 Jets at Sabres Tue Feb 19 7:00PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Race for the bottom, gents. Our collective optimism is pretty low right now for both of our teams. Our team sucks, and your team sucks. Let's just hope that neither team embarrasses itself.
15-14 Sabres it is!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
baeng

Send a message via Skype™ to baeng
Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville, Foligno-Ennis-Kaleta, Ott-Hecht-Gerbe, Scott-McCormick-Stafford.

Lines at morningskate.
Grigo is a scratch again.

Kaleta with Foligno / Ennis? Sounds ... interesting. Stafford with Scott and McCormick? Sounds... i don't know. Guess that was the only spot left for him. But he scored his first goal after 17 games, and NOW he's in the 4th.

And here's the D:

Regehr-Myers, Ehrhoff-Sulzer, Brennan-Weber and Leopold-Sekera.

With Sekera injured (probably), does that mean Leopold will be scratch?

Last edited by baeng: 02-19-2013 at 09:25 AM.
baeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Buffalofan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
I'll watch and I'll drink.
I like your style!

Buffalofan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by baeng View Post
Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville, Foligno-Ennis-Kaleta, Ott-Hecht-Gerbe, Scott-McCormick-Stafford.

Lines at morningskate.

Kaleta with Foligno / Ennis? Sounds ... interesting. Stafford with Scott and McCormick? Sounds... i don't know. Guess that was the only spot left for him. But he scored his first goal after 17 games, and NOW he's in the 4th.

And here's the D:

Sending Staff a message, I like it. PPL can complain about Kaleta on a second line if they like but he can skate and put the puck on net at least. Not much in the way of hands between Kaleta and Foligno but they can pop in rebounds from the shots Ennis can get off from anywhere. Staff will probably be back up by the end of the game.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:

Lines at morningskate.

And here's the D:

I thought he was our best forward in both Boston home games. Seems kind of an odd time for a "message." Earlier in the year? Sure. Now? Seems unusual. Lindy probably figured that he didn't want to further ruin his confidence by demoting him when he was in a slump, so he kept him in the top-6. Now that he has some semblance of confidence, it's time to demote him to the 4th line. Lindian logic, ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Sending Staff a message, I like it. PPL can complain about Kaleta on a second line if they like but he can skate and put the puck on net at least. Not much in the way of hands between Kaleta and Foligno but they can pop in rebounds from the shots Ennis can get off from anywhere. Staff will probably be back up by the end of the game.
As I said above, I think it's a little late for a message. The time to send a message was a couple weeks ago, not after he was your best forward twice in a four-game span. But, hey, Lindy Ruff...

(BTW, I agree this is probably a half-game thing where he's playing a regular shift by the end of the 2nd period.)

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Zip15

Quote:

Lines at morningskate.

And here's the D:

Is Sekera definitely out? A charley horse isn't a major injury, so I wouldn't be surprised if he felt he could go tonight. That Brennan-Weber pairing screams healthy scratch.

EDIT: Vogl confirms he's a healthy scratch. A couple weeks late, Lindy. Fire his ass already.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

These lines last, maybe, 2 rotations. Everything will be back to normal after the first commercial break.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Is Sekera definitely out? A charley horse isn't a major injury, so I wouldn't be surprised if he felt he could go tonight. That Brennan-Weber pairing screams healthy scratch.

EDIT: Vogl confirms he's a healthy scratch. A couple weeks late, Lindy. Fire his ass already.
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl
And it's official on defense: Jordan Leopold is getting the James Patrick workout and will be scratched tonight.

Link: https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/sta...96057195139072

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:

Leopold on ice working with Patrick and everyone else is off the ice. He'll be scratched.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll be at the game with a few family members and friends, about 10 people total. Pre-gaming at Harbor club and should be a great game! Enstrom is out for quite awhile and BoGo just came back, Pavelec has also been playing horrendous should be an easy win. ^_^

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
These lines last, maybe, 2 rotations. Everything will be back to normal after the first commercial break.
sad but true.

I'm really starting to get pissed at this Grigorenko thing.

Send the ****ing kid back if you aren't going to play him.

And why do we need Scott and McCormick in the lineup together anyways?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Zip15

Well, I just looked up PK% and Winnipeg's PK is dead last in the league right now at 65.9%. They're the worst PK by seven percentage points.

That could be a reason for Brennan's return to the lineup this evening. I do think TJB would be a 5-on-3 weapon, as well. Now watch Lindy give him very little PP time this evening.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Well, I just looked up PK% and Winnipeg's PK is dead last in the league right now at 65.9%. They're the worst PK by seven percentage points.

That could be a reason for Brennan's return to the lineup this evening. I do think TJB would be a 5-on-3 weapon, as well. Now watch Lindy give him very little PP time this evening.

Actually, he's on the first PP line. Ehrhoff's been moved to PP2, without Vanek.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Lindy Ruff you're retarded

lose this hockey game trolls

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:27 AM
notHiro

Is he really scratching Grigorenko again? Why? What is the rationale behind this?

notHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:30 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by notHiro View Post
Is he really scratching Grigorenko again? Why? What is the rationale behind this?
He's coaching for his job, not the best long term interests of the organization. Which is why he shouldn't be here anymore.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I see there's a three-week lag time for Ruff to make adjustments. So I guess Pominville's performance this weekend will have him on the fourth line somewhere in mid-March?

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
sba

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I see there's a three-week lag time for Ruff to make adjustments. So I guess Pominville's performance this weekend will have him on the fourth line somewhere in mid-March?
Pominville and Hecht are usually immune to these things.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:40 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
He's coaching for his job, not the best long term interests of the organization. Which is why he shouldn't be here anymore.
Show me another coach "Coaching for his job" that puts a 2nd line winger who JUST broke his slump of 17 games on the 4th line now...with John Scott...

Show me another coach taking an 18 yr old and keeping him up just so he can "work on his skating"

At this point I firmly believe Lindy bought a pack of chimps that hand him cards with the player's name on them to determine lines....I also think he bribed said chimps to eat the card with Grigorenko's name on it.

That said, it's good for the kid to learn/workout at the NHL level. If this was a full season, I'd be all for it...It's a waste imo.

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
sba

Foligno-Ennis-Kaleta

what the hell is this jackass doing?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Actually, he's on the first PP line. Ehrhoff's been moved to PP2, without Vanek.
The only thing I can think of is that Ruff is hoping Ehrhoff can spark the 2nd unit. Scary stat: Our PP2 has ZERO PP goals this year.

Interesting stat: Vanek has a point on every single one of our PP goals this year: 5 G, 3 A on 8 PP goals.

Quote:
It's sad, but true.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:56 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Foligno-Ennis-Kaleta

what the hell is this jackass doing?
Lindy Ruff mentality: "Kaleta worked hard last game, played pretty well so he's going to get rewarded."

Patrick Kaleta- The answer to needing a top 6 forward.

If its me, I put Grigorenko on the 2nd line, toss ennis and Foligno on his wings for a game.

Give it a shot, why not?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
You may be joking but this is the truth.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Tough to see Grigorenko watching from the stands again, think the organization made a mistake keeping him up, and now he's not even getting consistent playing time. Might as well send him back down to the Q and let him lead his team in the playoffs if we aren't going to use him.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:20 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno and Barnes View Post
Tough to see Grigorenko watching from the stands again, think the organization made a mistake keeping him up, and now he's not even getting consistent playing time. Might as well send him back down to the Q and let him lead his team in the playoffs if we aren't going to use him.
Buddy of mine said that Grigorenkos parents flew in to watch a few games and they were actually Sunday and Tonight.