HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rec Hockey Jerseys

Old
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Rec Hockey Jerseys

Hey guys,

For the first year (ever! ) I'm going to be playing in a recreational hockey league. I've never played hockey before (couldn't afford to growing up...I've spared a couple times in a church league recently) but I really wanted to play so I got a team together for the summer season of the Bell Sensplex recreational league.

We're likely going to be starting in division 7.

My question is where do you guys get your jerseys done? Is there somewhere with decent quality but good prices? We just want a logo and numbers...nothing too extensive.

Thanks in advance.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
corksens

Used Gadar sports ages ago.

corksens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Legend Killer

Go see Daquin in the Colonade area.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:33 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
I know icejerseys does some custom unis.

http://www.ijteam.com/

02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Yeah we used Gadar Sports a few years back also... It was around $30 - $40/person for the jersey, socks and numbers...

Not sure your age group but I'm 29 and looking to join a team again, let me know if you ever require a spare!

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Fusbolito

Hey, nice!

I play in divisions 3, 5 and 7 of the Sensplex league, what's your team name going to be? We may see each other this year.

Fusbolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Thanks so far. I've got a quote from Hockey Life for Kamazu jerseys at 24.99 a piece and then $2 a number and 10 - 16 dollars for our logo which is pretty decent. With 13 players it comes out to about $580 for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
Yeah we used Gadar Sports a few years back also... It was around $30 - $40/person for the jersey, socks and numbers...

Not sure your age group but I'm 29 and looking to join a team again, let me know if you ever require a spare!
Absolutely...we're mostly around 23 - 25 and we have a few older guys on the team (34, 43 and 50).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post
Hey, nice!

I play in divisions 3, 5 and 7 of the Sensplex league, what's your team name going to be? We may see each other this year.
Hahaha...it's kinda silly. We're the Mighty Racing Pigeons. Maybe I'll see you on the ice!

Old
02-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Hahaha...it's kinda silly. We're the Mighty Racing Pigeons. Maybe I'll see you on the ice!
I can't speak for anything regarding silliness of names. I play for the Utility Buckets and the *****. Yes, the *****.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
I can't speak for anything regarding silliness of names. I play for the Utility Buckets and the *****. Yes, the *****.
I think I've played against your ***** team. It's hard to keep track, there are Valley ***** and another like-themed team.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Ive played for the Utility Buckets...

Old
02-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
I think I've played against your ***** team. It's hard to keep track, there are Valley ***** and another like-themed team.
Our jerseys are Wild away colours (white primary with green and maroon highlights) with a rooster (****) on the front. There's also a team called the Roosters, who are entirely in red, with a white outline of a rooster, who are composed of ex-players who we didn't have room for on our team.

What team(s) do you play for? Maybe I'll remember you.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Ive played for the Utility Buckets...
Haha, no way! I've been playing for them for three years or so, #37 on defense. Graham.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Haha, no way! I've been playing for them for three years or so, #37 on defense. Graham.
I played with them a few years back and again last season. Played forward, Michael. Stopped playing due to back injury.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:24 AM
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!

The guys at Gadar sports are awesome. I went to highschool with the owner and acct manager and both are stand up dudes. We've gotten all our jerseys from them and the quality and cost have been great.

The Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Ok thanks guys, I've contacted Gadar and they look like the place we're going to go with.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
I played with them a few years back and again last season. Played forward, Michael. Stopped playing due to back injury.
Hey, I remember you! We had too many Michaels on that team.

Too bad about the back injury, man. I'll tell Vince you said hi!

Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
What team(s) do you play for? Maybe I'll remember you.
Mooseknuckle.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Smash88

Quote:

Absolutely...we're mostly around 23 - 25 and we have a few older guys on the team (34, 43 and 50).
Sweet! well let me know if your ever short.. I live in Glen Cairn so I'm pretty close... Used to play in the Minto League in Div 4, stopped playing 2 years ago because they moved to Orleans and it was just too far...

Old
02-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
Mooseknuckle.
I remember the team, but I don't think we've ever played you guys. The Valley ***** are in your division this year, though.

I find it difficult to find out, though, since the BSAHL doesn't number their divisions anymore, to cut down on, I dunno, jealously? Maybe?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
I remember the team, but I don't think we've ever played you guys. The Valley ***** are in your division this year, though.

I find it difficult to find out, though, since the BSAHL doesn't number their divisions anymore, to cut down on, I dunno, jealously? Maybe?
It's the overly-sensitive society effect. Everyone is a winner. I'm surprised they keep score.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Fusbolito

Quote:
It's the overly-sensitive society effect. Everyone is a winner. I'm surprised they keep score.
Heh, too true. It's just mens' league, we're not playing for the stanley cup here. If someone's offended because they have a 6 in front of their division's name instead of a 2 or 3, maybe they should take things a little easier.

Also, apologies for derailing with team-chat.

Last edited by Fusbolito: 02-19-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added apology
Old
02-19-2013, 12:41 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
If you ever want to see a bunch of 40 yr olds playing like it's game 7 for the cup go on down to Rome, NY and observe the men's hockey league. I love it when they swear or stare down one another.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
If you ever want to see a bunch of 40 yr olds playing like it's game 7 for the cup go on down to Rome, NY and observe the men's hockey league. I love it when they swear or stare down one another.
Oh, totally. I can't speak for specifically, Rome, NY, but the Stittsville leagues are known for hosting the stanley cup final game 7 nightly including falling down, swearing at the ref, swearing at the other team, punching the other team, punching the ref, massive bench-clearing brawls and taking everything entirely too seriously, just like the real game 7!

Also, it's a real shame there are no more contact leagues in Ottawa, since the RA went non-contact. I miss playing contact hockey something fierce.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Oh, totally. I can't speak for specifically, Rome, NY, but the Stittsville leagues are known for hosting the stanley cup final game 7 nightly including falling down, swearing at the ref, swearing at the other team, punching the other team, punching the ref, massive bench-clearing brawls and taking everything entirely too seriously, just like the real game 7!

Also, it's a real shame there are no more contact leagues in Ottawa, since the RA went non-contact. I miss playing contact hockey something fierce.
Are there any adult contact leagues in the greater Ottawa area at all? Depending on how I do over the next couple years, and how my powerskating lessons go...I might want to give it a shot.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Smash88

Quote:
Are there any adult contact leagues in the greater Ottawa area at all? Depending on how I do over the next couple years, and how my powerskating lessons go...I might want to give it a shot.
Fairly sure they are all gone.. The demand wasn't there..