HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

NFL offseason News & Notes Thread (FA Frenzy 2k13)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Rick Sanchez
Wub a lub a dub dub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Colts will not re-sign Dwight Freeney.
Not surprising considering the price it would take to re sign him as well as the scheme now being a 3-4. The writing had been on the wall all season but still it sucks. I would probably consider him my favourite defensive player ever and I hope he succeeds wherever he lands, he's still got enough game in the tank to produce for a 4-3 team.

Colts will also let Collie walk. No surprise there considering his concussion history, the only place I really see him signing is Denver maybe at the expense of Stokley.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

So the Rams already cut Titus Young?

Old
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGRYK21 View Post
Surprising to no one, Rams cut Titus Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
BTW is it true that Percy Harvin wants Megatron money?
Don't think so. He wants a lot of money but not that much. Johnson is the best receiver in the league but no receiver should be making that much money. Same goes for Fitzgerald. Both of those contracts are pretty ridiculous.

I think the rumour is Harvin wants around $10-12M/yr.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:26 PM
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Don't think so. He wants a lot of money but not that much. Johnson is the best receiver in the league but no receiver should be making that much money. Same goes for Fitzgerald. Both of those contracts are pretty ridiculous.

I think the rumour is Harvin wants around $10-12M/yr.
Which is an absurd sum. Vikes would be making a huge mistake to give him that much.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
Which is an absurd sum. Vikes would be making a huge mistake to give him that much.
I agree. I'm a big Harvin fan but that's a lot of money for him. He's an elite playmaker but not an elite #1 receiver. His character concerns and injury history also make it more difficult to give him a huge contract.

I think Pierre Garcon got $8.5M/yr last year so I could easily see Harvin getting more than $10M/yr from some team. The team might have to protect itself with some clauses in case he gets injured or if he does something stupid but he'll still get a lot of money.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:46 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
I'd like to see SF go after Woodson. He'd be an upgrade in coverage over Rogers and Culliver. But, due to needing to re-sign Goldson and looking for a #2 WR, I doubt they can afford him.
Woodson is not good in coverage anymore. Slow and grabs every receiver so the holding/illegal contact/pass interference penalties will annoy you really quick. Woodson is best used as a run stopper/blitzer right now and possibly a ball hawk at safety if you have guys that can cover for him freelancing.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Woodson is not good in coverage anymore. Slow and grabs every receiver so the holding/illegal contact/pass interference penalties will annoy you really quick. Woodson is best used as a run stopper/blitzer right now and possibly a ball hawk at safety if you have guys that can cover for him freelancing.
Well that just sucks.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:38 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Freeney still has about 2 or 3 years left in him, he can still produce double digit sacks in a 4-3 defence scheme. Once he is done in about 3 years, all that is left for him is the HOF.

Also, what moronic GM would give Percy Harvin 10-12 million dollars a year?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:52 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
Freeney still has about 2 or 3 years left in him, he can still produce double digit sacks in a 4-3 defence scheme. Once he is done in about 3 years, all that is left for him is the HOF.

Also, what moronic GM would give Percy Harvin 10-12 million dollars a year?
I hope not Spielman

Old
02-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Maxpac

As a big time Colts fan, I can't wait to see who we pick up in the next free agency. The dream signing for us would be Jake Long or Ryan Clady and put Castonzo as right guard. Luck was hit wayyy too much last season for my liking. Who knows if they go after a WR to help Wayne, Hilton was good but not full-time regular good. Wallace obviously in intriguing and so is Victor Cruz if NY can't resign him.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Tuggy

Being reported that the Patriots will NOT franchise Welker. The writing is on the wall that his time with the Pats is likely over unless he takes a smaller deal.

If he does go I won't be overly upset. For all the good things he has done, he has had a bunch of really bad drops over the last few years. Might be time to move on.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Being reported that the Patriots will NOT franchise Welker. The writing is on the wall that his time with the Pats is likely over unless he takes a smaller deal.

If he does go I won't be overly upset. For all the good things he has done, he has had a bunch of really bad drops over the last few years. Might be time to move on.
Either the Patriots get a hold of Harvin or they just use Edelman in Welker's place.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:43 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post

At this point, Welker doesn't do THAT MUCH MORE than a guy like Edelman could. Sure, he has way better numbers because he is targeted WAY MORE, but he isn't essential as he used to be. He drops passes and even if he is still producing at an elite pace, he isn't as clutch as he used to be.

That being said, I would do what I could to bring him back if I were the Patriots. He isn't worth 11M+ and if Wes is smart, he'll understand that he likely won't succeed elsewhere except if he could somehow land a similar role. That is unlikely to happen at the money he wants. A team throwing him big money will hope he can provide more than he is asked to do in NE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Either the Patriots get a hold of Harvin or they just use Edelman in Welker's place.
I think they could even use Lloyd in Welker's role, he is a great route runner. Lloyd isn't a great deep threat anyway and drafting/signing a real one could help the offense tremendously.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
At this point, Welker doesn't do THAT MUCH MORE than a guy like Edelman could. Sure, he has way better numbers because he is targeted WAY MORE, but he isn't essential as he used to be. He drops passes and even if he is still producing at an elite pace, he isn't as clutch as he used to be.

That being said, I would do what I could to bring him back if I were the Patriots. He isn't worth 11M+ and if Wes is smart, he'll understand that he likely won't succeed elsewhere except if he could somehow land a similar role. That is unlikely to happen at the money he wants. A team throwing him big money will hope he can provide more than he is asked to do in NE.

I think they could even use Lloyd in Welker's role, he is a great route runner. Lloyd isn't a great deep threat anyway and drafting/signing a real one could help the offense tremendously.
Welker wants to get paid and I just don't see the Patriots ponying up the cash for him.

Lloyd is afraid to get hit by his own shadow. There is no way he could ever be a receiver like Welker.

I look for the Pats to explore Harvin or someone like Danny Amendola. Edelman could fill the the role but I'm not sure on him staying healthy.

I do agree that they need to look at bringing in a deep threat.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

I wouldn't be asking to be LIKE Welker but I think he could be good in a slot role.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Jets cut Bart Scott.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Memorable Bart Scott moments

- epic rant against Patriots
- Bart Scott "media boycott"

Old
02-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Old
02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

LOL Bart Scott

Chiefs release Kevin Boss and Steve Breaston. Yikes, Kevin Boss ain't what he used to be.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Jason Smith = Baylor Bust

Old
02-19-2013, 06:49 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
LOL Bart Scott

Chiefs release Kevin Boss and Steve Breaston. Yikes, Kevin Boss ain't what he used to be.
I could see Breaston ending up with the Steelers. They have a huge need for WR depth and he has a long history with Haley and the Pittsburgh area.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Clowe Me

Didn't Bart Scott throw the refs flag in the stands a few years back?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I could see Breaston ending up with the Steelers. They have a huge need for WR depth and he has a long history with Haley and the Pittsburgh area.
I would like to see him here. Wallace will most likely be gone, so we will need a WR.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I wonder if Jeff Ireland will ask Te'o if his fake dead girlfriend was a prostitute at the combine.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:37 PM
billsoilers

Revis and Sherman fighting each other in the twitter.

If you compare DeAngelo Hall to Sherman he may be the humblest guy in the world.

Soon or later some receiver or TE will go Hines Ward on Sherman.

Closed Thread