HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL | 2013 Shortened Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
starling

vCash: 50
Oh look we have exact same 7-6-2 record as Detroit now,

Old
02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Oh look we have exact same 7-6-2 record as Detroit now,
I'm nervous to think about what that comparison will look like in 3 weeks time...

Old
02-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Damn right. Imagine that franchise with an owner that would be willing to spend money? Christ, they only have $29M committed for next season, with Hamonic and Bailey being their biggest RFA's this year.

They also have a pretty impressive pipeline built up (Niederreiter, Strome, Nelson, Reinhart, Donovan, Mayfield, de Haan) that will eventually compliment their current group (Tavares, Bailey, Grabner, Moulson, Okposo, Hamonic).
Even with the Isles spending a little as possible, Wang is losing millions.

Whoever is interested in buying must be prepared to lose money at least until the move to Brooklyn in 2015 and probably longer.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I agree: waiting until the team has already committed to moving to Brooklyn before selling the team ensures he gets probably 2x as much for the Isles as he would have had he sold them when they were still committed long-term to Uniondale/Nassau/Long Island.

Perfect time to sell: sell the concept of financial stability (a valuable commodity) without actual assurances of financial stability.
Just getting out of that rundown old arena has to be worth something!

Old
02-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm nervous to think about what that comparison will look like in 3 weeks time...
You're a detroit fan?

Old
02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
CR15

Just wow @ that Duchene offside goal ..... would like to see the NHL have some integrity and fix whats reviewed.. Im sure by the time he was done celebrating everyone with a mointor could see it was offside.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

Goals galore in the Avs game right now

Old
02-19-2013, 10:25 AM
HavlatMach9

I wonder what kind of season Kuba would have had this year. The Panthers' fans seem really unhappy with him. Perhaps he regressed in just a short year.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Bazel5

Yesterday was night of the backups.

Budaj and Scrivens with shutouts and Bishop with a win.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
I wonder what kind of season Kuba would have had this year. The Panthers' fans seem really unhappy with him. Perhaps he regressed in just a short year.
no, he was never that good. don't get me wrong, he's an ok defender but not as good as his numbers were showing last year.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Or perhaps, it's because this year isn't a contract year.

No offense to the Kuba faithful on this board, but he was NEVER that good of a defenceman and his warts were disguised by Karlsson. Or have we already forgotten how awful he was in the Rangers playoff series?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Kuba had the privilege of playing with Karlsson, Anderson and Spezza last year. Of course he's going to look bad on Florida.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:48 AM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Or perhaps, it's because this year isn't a contract year.

No offense to the Kuba faithful on this board, but he was NEVER that good of a defenceman and his warts were disguised by Karlsson. Or have we already forgotten how awful he was in the Rangers playoff series?
So much this.

While his play improved greatly over the year before last, I still can't understand why people liked the guy. His offensive numbers were inflated, and his defense was soft.

"Soff", even.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:31 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
So much this.

While his play improved greatly over the year before last, I still can't understand why people liked the guy. His offensive numbers were inflated, and his defense was soft.

"Soff", even.
Prior to Karlsson, his best offensive year was inflated by secondary assists. I think someone did a study where nearly 65% of his offense came from secondary assists.

He was overrated by some, vilified by others but his play was average at best.

For what he ended up signing for, I'm glad he's gone.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Kuba has always played better when he's not the headliner on his D pairing. He needs to play with a skilled partner so he can go about his business quietly. Florida doesn't really have an ideal partner for Kuba.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Kuba has always played better when he's not the headliner on his D pairing. He needs to play with a skilled partner so he can go about his business quietly. Florida doesn't really have an ideal partner for Kuba.
Kulikov?

Old
02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
Kulikov?
Maybe in a season or 2 (hopfully for Panther fans Kuba wont still be there lol). Kulikov is on his way but I don't think he's good enough right now to be 'the man' on a 1st or 2nd pairing. Big Kulikov fan though.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
18Hossa

Annnnnd Hansen cheap shots Hossa

Old
02-19-2013, 10:18 PM
CR15

AAnd everyone on twitter wants a suspension for Hansen while using the same logic that should of applied to Cooke "wreckless play resulting in an injury" .... just

Old
02-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR15 View Post
AAnd everyone on twitter wants a suspension for Hansen while using the same logic that should of applied to Cooke "wreckless play resulting in an injury" .... just
It was a headshot though, right?

Headshots are clearcut infractions regardless of intent.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Quo

According to Dreger, at least one team is interested in bringing Brian Burke in for a "non-GM opportunity" and has asked Toronto's permission to speak to him. Possible gateway to GM position elsewhere.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR15 View Post
In one play Cooke does a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't make much sense (hey it's Matt Cooke) and ends up putting a stop to Karlsson's season through sheer inadvertence or, quite simply incompetence.
Someone on the main board did show a video of him checking another player in a similar fashion to what he did to Karlsson: he uses his leg as a lever to make the other guy fall backwards (you can see Cooke trying to swing Karlsson but he misses); I honestly believe Cooke just tried to get Karlsson to fall backwards but because the play was against the boards and the puck was going around them, Cooke ended up putting his foot down to stop the puck from leaving and ended up slicing up Karlsson.

In the other play Hansen lunges using his elbow at the back of Hossa's head in what could be construed as a lunge to deflect the puck that was heading towards him.

Both are dangerous plays but it seems quite clear to me that Hansen's elbow was far more blatant than Cooke's clumsy stomp. Both should have been reprimanded but Hansen is the one with the far more dangerous hit: a hit to the head can be far more devastating than a cut to the foot/ankle; besides, Don Cherry was right: had Karlsson taped his ankle and skates up he would have been fine.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:05 AM
danishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
In one play Cooke does a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't make much sense (hey it's Matt Cooke) and ends up putting a stop to Karlsson's season through sheer inadvertence or, quite simply incompetence.
Someone on the main board did show a video of him checking another player in a similar fashion to what he did to Karlsson: he uses his leg as a lever to make the other guy fall backwards (you can see Cooke trying to swing Karlsson but he misses); I honestly believe Cooke just tried to get Karlsson to fall backwards but because the play was against the boards and the puck was going around them, Cooke ended up putting his foot down to stop the puck from leaving and ended up slicing up Karlsson.

In the other play Hansen lunges using his elbow at the back of Hossa's head in what could be construed as a lunge to deflect the puck that was heading towards him.

Both are dangerous plays but it seems quite clear to me that Hansen's elbow was far more blatant than Cooke's clumsy stomp. Both should have been reprimanded but Hansen is the one with the far more dangerous hit: a hit to the head can be far more devastating than a cut to the foot/ankle; besides, Don Cherry was right: had Karlsson taped his ankle and skates up he would have been fine.
my belief is this: cooke tried to do something dirty or borderline dirty and it resulted in an injury. Had karlsson not gotten injured, no-one would have cared, but because he was, we can investigate this further and see that the play itself was dirty and whether cooke intended to injure karlsson intentionally or not, he is responsible. Think any crime committed within the commission of a crime is distributed to all parties of the crime.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

Viktor Fasth contract extended two year worth 5.8m

I wonder what will happen with Hiller now.. Laughs?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
According to Dreger, at least one team is interested in bringing Brian Burke in for a "non-GM opportunity" and has asked Toronto's permission to speak to him. Possible gateway to GM position elsewhere.
If it's Ottawa, we're so winning the Cup.

Closed Thread