HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  #251
Halpysback*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
There's some talk over on the Bruins board about Alex Khokhlachev, Johnny Boychuck and Adam McQuaid for Carlson. You'd be getting two solid (yet unspectacular) physical defensemen and a dynamic top prospect.

I'm curious if you all think there'd be any interest.
Something like that for Green I'd be interested, Carlson no chance.

Halpysback* is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
  #252
MW6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Halland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
We have more than enough grit on the back end. Like Erskine and Alzner.
We don't have much offense. Without Green and Carlson do you know who are our best offensive d-men? Dmitry Orlov, who is concussed and was less than spectacular in his time with Hershey this year. Then rookie Tomas Kundratek, who is a third-pairing guy and probably will never be anything more than that. And then... Brooks Laich. Yeah, he'd have to play defense then. (I don't consider Poti an offensive defenseman anymore, he has become a more defensive guy in the last few years).
So if we trade Carlson, RH OD of the lesser or similar level would have to come back.
Leave our RD alone already. Mike Green's injuries create more than enough mess there to add trading Carly to that havoc.
Really?

MW6 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
  #253
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
I think Green has to be traded if it does turn out he has a groin injury.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
  #254
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Really?
Yes. It doesn't get noticed, but compare him to Schultz, a softie. Alzner is difficult to push off from the position in the crease, from the puck in the corner.

fedfed is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
  #255
Halpysback*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Wonder if Johansson still has enough value around the league where he can be a major piece in a trade (small plus) for a physical forward/solid defenseman

Johansson(+) for Hjarmalsson (I'm guessing that ship sailed with Hawks playing the way they are now
Johansson+ for Kulemin
Johansson(+) for Setoguchi
Johansson(+) for Gunnarsson
Johansson(+) for Dubinsky/Foligno/Anisimov

Halpysback* is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
  #256
MW6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Halland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Yes. It doesn't get noticed, but compare him to Schultz, a softie. Alzner is difficult to push off from the position in the crease, from the puck in the corner.
I agree with you on that, but that's not grit to me. Grit to me is finishing checks, being up in opponents faces after whistles, playing very closely to then line that separates allowed from disallowed. But I guess it's just a matter of opinion then.

MW6 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
  #257
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I agree with you on that, but that's not grit to me. Grit to me is finishing checks, being up in opponents faces after whistles, playing very closely to then line that separates allowed from disallowed. But I guess it's just a Mather of opinion then.
Well, we have Dima Orlov for that. But to me, staying up and not losing position with trucks like, say, Lucic or Clarkson or Simmonds all around you is grit.

fedfed is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
  #258
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Wonder if Johansson still has enough value around the league where he can be a major piece in a trade (small plus) for a physical forward/solid defenseman

Johansson(+) for Hjarmalsson (I'm guessing that ship sailed with Hawks playing the way they are now
Johansson+ for Kulemin
Johansson(+) for Setoguchi
Johansson(+) for Gunnarsson
Johansson(+) for Dubinsky/Foligno/Anisimov
I like Gunnarsson. I'dd add any d-man not named Orlov/Green/Carlson/Alzner to that. Yes, even Kundratek.

fedfed is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 06:18 AM
  #259
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 16,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
We have more than enough grit on the back end. Like Erskine and Alzner.
We don't have much offense. Without Green and Carlson do you know who are our best offensive d-men? Dmitry Orlov, who is concussed and was less than spectacular in his time with Hershey this year. Then rookie Tomas Kundratek, who is a third-pairing guy and probably will never be anything more than that. And then... Brooks Laich. Yeah, he'd have to play defense then. (I don't consider Poti an offensive defenseman anymore, he has become a more defensive guy in the last few years).
So if we trade Carlson, RH OD of the lesser or similar level would have to come back.
Leave our RD alone already. Mike Green's injuries create more than enough mess there to add trading Carly to that havoc.
I guess what I meant by grit goes beyond dropping the gloves. Boychuck and Mcquaid are stabilizing forces (Mcquaid will be an alternate captain somewhere) who know the right way to approach the game. I don't mean to press the issue, but bringing on those two would ease chaos on a defensive corps not add to it. They're not flashy but they're responsible and know what it takes to win. Besides, koklachev is the big cherry on top.

JMiller is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 07:11 AM
  #260
Stewie G
Because Hitting!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I guess what I meant by grit goes beyond dropping the gloves. Boychuck and Mcquaid are stabilizing forces (Mcquaid will be an alternate captain somewhere) who know the right way to approach the game. I don't mean to press the issue, but bringing on those two would ease chaos on a defensive corps not add to it. They're not flashy but they're responsible and know what it takes to win. Besides, koklachev is the big cherry on top.
I've never been a big Carlson fan, but if they trade him, I hope they aim higher than a couple stabilizing forces and a prospect. Quality for quantity trades aren't the types of deals you should be looking for when trading young players under contract, unless some sort of outside forces are at work. Those are the types of deals you make for expiring contracts at the deadline.

Stewie G is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM
  #261
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 20,768
vCash: 500
Carlson's not going to Boston without Krecji, Seguin, or Hamilton coming back.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:16 PM
  #262
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 43,588
vCash: 500
carlson isnt going to be traded. that rumor came from some canadian media that covers the ohl.

alzner is not gritty in terms of being an agitator or playing dirty. on the other hand he did tangle with lucic in the playoffs and then give him the crybaby signal. if that isnt grit i dont know what is.

txpd is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
  #263
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,447
vCash: 500
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
  #264
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
for starters, mcphee doesnt get frantic. its totally against his nature. frantic suggests he would do something stupid out of desperation. which he would also not do.

edit: i just read the post with those rumors. its written like garrioch who writes those sunday pieces like the "talk" he "hears" it the usual shooting the **** that hockey people do when talking hockey. not anything inside.

the idea that mcphee would expect hamrlik who is not playing to return a real playing is silly. just as silly as he notion of mcphee being frantic or so desperate.
This is what the Internet has turned into. Readers get hung up on a single word and in their eyes it discredits the whole idea. Might help to get a dictionary.

If McPhee is really concerned about getting fired, I would think frantic and it's various meanings fits just fine. See the big picture people...

I mean unless you know George, what do you know about his nature other than his press conference/interview demeanor?

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:29 PM
  #265
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
Probably would have been very poorly received around here....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
  #266
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 16,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
I think Johansson is terrible and won't amount to anything but I still don't make that trade. He had value at the end of last season (despite his postseason) and could have returned much more.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:34 PM
  #267
Stewie G
Because Hitting!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
At the time, I wouldn't have. Even with the benefit of hindsight, I still wouldn't make that change. I'm holding out hope for Mojo.

Stewie G is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:41 PM
  #268
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
I was pretty low on Eakin after he'd looked downright awful last year. Shows what I know. But BCF is right that a better return probably could have been secured for Johansson at that point. And still, I guess.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:52 PM
  #269
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,811
vCash: 3375
I would probably do MJ for Ribs based on early returns, but would want his contract extended first.

If Ribs were a little younger and pulling 49.999% faceoffs, I would vote its a no brainer.

The caveat, is George. Is he going to get a goalie if the young kids struggle, and will he get the team a 2nd scoring line winger. If the answer is no, I would rather roll with MJ at 2C and see what he becomes.

RandyHolt is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
  #270
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,811
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
This is what the Internet has turned into. Readers get hung up on a single word and in their eyes it discredits the whole idea. Might help to get a dictionary.

If McPhee is really concerned about getting fired, I would think frantic and it's various meanings fits just fine. See the big picture people...

I mean unless you know George, what do you know about his nature other than his press conference/interview demeanor?
Posters seem to get a bit frantic themselves when posters discuss rumors, even they cannot disprove the rumor nor poster. "Shocking" words have been dictating what we discuss for a long time now.

Huet Feds Corvo..... AND a 2nd? A first for Brouwer, Wideman, Ribs, please venture your best guess to his temperament when making those moves. He seemed desperate for a goalie when he inked Theo. How would you describe him, on ludes?

We can poke fun posters that discuss rumors, or dissect the words used in the rumor with a dictionary, but in the end George sweats like everyone else.

Never be deceived by a soft talker for they often carry a big stick.

RandyHolt is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
  #271
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
Compared to now that number would have been a lot fewer then IMO...

Millhaus is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:31 PM
  #272
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 16,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Carlson's not going to Boston without Krecji, Seguin, or Hamilton coming back.
With Hamilton now in Boston, Khoklachev is their #1 prospect. FWIW

JMiller is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 02:24 PM
  #273
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
I don't see Boston trading McQuaid, but I would love to have him on the Caps.

IafrateOvie34 is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
  #274
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
With Hamilton now in Boston, Khoklachev is their #1 prospect. FWIW
It doesn't mean anything for us, in DC he wouldn't even be a top-3 prospect.

fedfed is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
  #275
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
I wouldn't have had a problem and I don't hate Johansson. I would have hated that we traded a 2nd in addition to the player though.

IafrateOvie34 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.