HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
There's some talk over on the Bruins board about Alex Khokhlachev, Johnny Boychuck and Adam McQuaid for Carlson. You'd be getting two solid (yet unspectacular) physical defensemen and a dynamic top prospect.

I'm curious if you all think there'd be any interest.
Something like that for Green I'd be interested, Carlson no chance.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
We have more than enough grit on the back end. Like Erskine and Alzner.
We don't have much offense. Without Green and Carlson do you know who are our best offensive d-men? Dmitry Orlov, who is concussed and was less than spectacular in his time with Hershey this year. Then rookie Tomas Kundratek, who is a third-pairing guy and probably will never be anything more than that. And then... Brooks Laich. Yeah, he'd have to play defense then. (I don't consider Poti an offensive defenseman anymore, he has become a more defensive guy in the last few years).
So if we trade Carlson, RH OD of the lesser or similar level would have to come back.
Leave our RD alone already. Mike Green's injuries create more than enough mess there to add trading Carly to that havoc.
Really?

Old
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I think Green has to be traded if it does turn out he has a groin injury.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Really?
Yes. It doesn't get noticed, but compare him to Schultz, a softie. Alzner is difficult to push off from the position in the crease, from the puck in the corner.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Halpysback*

Wonder if Johansson still has enough value around the league where he can be a major piece in a trade (small plus) for a physical forward/solid defenseman

Johansson(+) for Hjarmalsson (I'm guessing that ship sailed with Hawks playing the way they are now
Johansson+ for Kulemin
Johansson(+) for Setoguchi
Johansson(+) for Gunnarsson
Johansson(+) for Dubinsky/Foligno/Anisimov

Old
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
MW6

Quote:
Yes. It doesn't get noticed, but compare him to Schultz, a softie. Alzner is difficult to push off from the position in the crease, from the puck in the corner.
I agree with you on that, but that's not grit to me. Grit to me is finishing checks, being up in opponents faces after whistles, playing very closely to then line that separates allowed from disallowed. But I guess it's just a matter of opinion then.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I agree with you on that, but that's not grit to me. Grit to me is finishing checks, being up in opponents faces after whistles, playing very closely to then line that separates allowed from disallowed. But I guess it's just a Mather of opinion then.
Well, we have Dima Orlov for that. But to me, staying up and not losing position with trucks like, say, Lucic or Clarkson or Simmonds all around you is grit.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Wonder if Johansson still has enough value around the league where he can be a major piece in a trade (small plus) for a physical forward/solid defenseman

Johansson(+) for Hjarmalsson (I'm guessing that ship sailed with Hawks playing the way they are now
Johansson+ for Kulemin
Johansson(+) for Setoguchi
Johansson(+) for Gunnarsson
Johansson(+) for Dubinsky/Foligno/Anisimov
I like Gunnarsson. I'dd add any d-man not named Orlov/Green/Carlson/Alzner to that. Yes, even Kundratek.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:18 AM
JMiller

Quote:
We have more than enough grit on the back end. Like Erskine and Alzner.
We don't have much offense. Without Green and Carlson do you know who are our best offensive d-men? Dmitry Orlov, who is concussed and was less than spectacular in his time with Hershey this year. Then rookie Tomas Kundratek, who is a third-pairing guy and probably will never be anything more than that. And then... Brooks Laich. Yeah, he'd have to play defense then. (I don't consider Poti an offensive defenseman anymore, he has become a more defensive guy in the last few years).
So if we trade Carlson, RH OD of the lesser or similar level would have to come back.
Leave our RD alone already. Mike Green's injuries create more than enough mess there to add trading Carly to that havoc.
I guess what I meant by grit goes beyond dropping the gloves. Boychuck and Mcquaid are stabilizing forces (Mcquaid will be an alternate captain somewhere) who know the right way to approach the game. I don't mean to press the issue, but bringing on those two would ease chaos on a defensive corps not add to it. They're not flashy but they're responsible and know what it takes to win. Besides, koklachev is the big cherry on top.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Stewie G
Because Hitting!

Quote:
I guess what I meant by grit goes beyond dropping the gloves. Boychuck and Mcquaid are stabilizing forces (Mcquaid will be an alternate captain somewhere) who know the right way to approach the game. I don't mean to press the issue, but bringing on those two would ease chaos on a defensive corps not add to it. They're not flashy but they're responsible and know what it takes to win. Besides, koklachev is the big cherry on top.
I've never been a big Carlson fan, but if they trade him, I hope they aim higher than a couple stabilizing forces and a prospect. Quality for quantity trades aren't the types of deals you should be looking for when trading young players under contract, unless some sort of outside forces are at work. Those are the types of deals you make for expiring contracts at the deadline.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Carlson's not going to Boston without Krecji, Seguin, or Hamilton coming back.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:16 PM
txpd

carlson isnt going to be traded. that rumor came from some canadian media that covers the ohl.

alzner is not gritty in terms of being an agitator or playing dirty. on the other hand he did tangle with lucic in the playoffs and then give him the crybaby signal. if that isnt grit i dont know what is.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
for starters, mcphee doesnt get frantic. its totally against his nature. frantic suggests he would do something stupid out of desperation. which he would also not do.

edit: i just read the post with those rumors. its written like garrioch who writes those sunday pieces like the "talk" he "hears" it the usual shooting the **** that hockey people do when talking hockey. not anything inside.

the idea that mcphee would expect hamrlik who is not playing to return a real playing is silly. just as silly as he notion of mcphee being frantic or so desperate.
This is what the Internet has turned into. Readers get hung up on a single word and in their eyes it discredits the whole idea. Might help to get a dictionary.

If McPhee is really concerned about getting fired, I would think frantic and it's various meanings fits just fine. See the big picture people...

I mean unless you know George, what do you know about his nature other than his press conference/interview demeanor?

Old
02-19-2013, 12:29 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Just curious, how many folks here would have supported GMGM trading MAJO for Ribeiro straight up rather than Eakins and the 2nd rounder.
Probably would have been very poorly received around here....

Old
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
I think Johansson is terrible and won't amount to anything but I still don't make that trade. He had value at the end of last season (despite his postseason) and could have returned much more.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Stewie G
Because Hitting!

Quote:
At the time, I wouldn't have. Even with the benefit of hindsight, I still wouldn't make that change. I'm holding out hope for Mojo.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
I was pretty low on Eakin after he'd looked downright awful last year. Shows what I know. But BCF is right that a better return probably could have been secured for Johansson at that point. And still, I guess.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:52 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 3375
I would probably do MJ for Ribs based on early returns, but would want his contract extended first.

If Ribs were a little younger and pulling 49.999% faceoffs, I would vote its a no brainer.

The caveat, is George. Is he going to get a goalie if the young kids struggle, and will he get the team a 2nd scoring line winger. If the answer is no, I would rather roll with MJ at 2C and see what he becomes.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
This is what the Internet has turned into. Readers get hung up on a single word and in their eyes it discredits the whole idea. Might help to get a dictionary.

If McPhee is really concerned about getting fired, I would think frantic and it's various meanings fits just fine. See the big picture people...

I mean unless you know George, what do you know about his nature other than his press conference/interview demeanor?
Posters seem to get a bit frantic themselves when posters discuss rumors, even they cannot disprove the rumor nor poster. "Shocking" words have been dictating what we discuss for a long time now.

Huet Feds Corvo..... AND a 2nd? A first for Brouwer, Wideman, Ribs, please venture your best guess to his temperament when making those moves. He seemed desperate for a goalie when he inked Theo. How would you describe him, on ludes?

We can poke fun posters that discuss rumors, or dissect the words used in the rumor with a dictionary, but in the end George sweats like everyone else.

Never be deceived by a soft talker for they often carry a big stick.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Compared to now that number would have been a lot fewer then IMO...

Old
02-19-2013, 01:31 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Carlson's not going to Boston without Krecji, Seguin, or Hamilton coming back.
With Hamilton now in Boston, Khoklachev is their #1 prospect. FWIW

Old
02-19-2013, 02:24 PM
IafrateOvie34

I don't see Boston trading McQuaid, but I would love to have him on the Caps.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
With Hamilton now in Boston, Khoklachev is their #1 prospect. FWIW
It doesn't mean anything for us, in DC he wouldn't even be a top-3 prospect.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
I wouldn't have had a problem and I don't hate Johansson. I would have hated that we traded a 2nd in addition to the player though.

Closed Thread