HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#17 Jets at Sabres Tue Feb 19 7:00PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
LGB24

vCash: 500
I could go on a long rant calling for Lindy's head but that seems to already have been done for me. These head scratching moves don't even surprise me anymore, I just don't understand what front office sees here

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Deevo

This seems like an entirely logical game to get Griggy going offensively. Press box it is!

Deevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
This seems like an entirely logical game to get Griggy going offensively. Press box it is!
Was thinking the same thing, if we aren't going to use him against the Jets, then what is the point of keeping him up?

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:27 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno and Barnes View Post
Tough to see Grigorenko watching from the stands again, think the organization made a mistake keeping him up, and now he's not even getting consistent playing time. Might as well send him back down to the Q and let him lead his team in the playoffs if we aren't going to use him.
It's a shame really, because he hasn't even looked bad out there often. I think if he got the ice time, he'd learn the timing and his linemates tendencies (to find them better with his passes).
If Ruff knew how to handle skilled players or youngsters, I don't think keeping Grigs up would look like the mistake it currently does. Coaching change plz.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:27 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Ruff called out Stafford and Leopold today in the media. If the team continues to lose and Ruff survives, the guy is officially the Teflon Don.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
Buddy of mine said that Grigorenkos parents flew in to watch a few games and they were actually Sunday and Tonight.
if thats true it's extremely disappointing

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Ruff called out Stafford and Leopold today in the media. If the team continues to lose and Ruff survives, the guy is officially the Teflon Don.
Just classic Lindy, as the team continues to struggle he will begin calling players out more often in order to save face and keep his nice comfy job. It was known after last season ended that the players didn't like the way Ruff called out players to the media, and now he is doing it again.

He is a disgrace.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:38 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno and Barnes View Post
Was thinking the same thing, if we aren't going to use him against the Jets, then what is the point of keeping him up?
Cody McCormick needs his ice time and Jochen HAS to be on the 3rd line.

This guy is such a ****in joke.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:38 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Lose to remove Ruff. Lose every f'in game till he's gone.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:39 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
I could go on a long rant calling for Lindy's head but that seems to already have been done for me. These head scratching moves don't even surprise me anymore, I just don't understand what front office sees here
Pretty much this.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
wshahbaz

I hope they lose all the games they need too

I don't want this team winning again

wshahbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Honestly, if you want to root for the team to lose, Columbus isn't that far away and they certainly could use the "fan" support.

I agree changes have to be made. But there are 30+ games left and we're 4 points out of the 8th spot. If the Sabres are as bad as everyone says they are, losses will take care of themselves. I'm still rooting for the wins and the playoffs.

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Honestly, if you want to root for the team to lose, Columbus isn't that far away and they certainly could use the "fan" support.

I agree changes have to be made. But there are 30+ games left and we're 4 points out of the 8th spot. If the Sabres are as bad as everyone says they are, losses will take care of themselves. I'm still rooting for the wins and the playoffs.
Yep.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

The Rangers also have 2 games in hand, and we're 2 points out of dead last with Washington also having a game in hand.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:

Atleast Columbus isn't blind enough to know they need to make changes.

John Davidson did a HELL of a job in St Louis and he WAS available...

Old
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
We obviously need hecht's great defensive ability on our 3rd line. oh, wait, hecht sucks defensively this year and is pretty much a black hole on offense...but let's keep playing him anyway!
Fire R & R (sadly, i think the only way lindy gets canned is if darcy gets the axe too)

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

As an addition, while I am aware that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I do wish there was one thread to dump all of the complaining. This board is hard to read at times lately.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post

As an addition, while I am aware that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I do wish there was one thread to dump all of the complaining. This board is hard to read at times lately.
understatement of the year.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post

I want to apologize to you guys for feeling and sounding so negative recently. I ***** all the time, but in all honesty there really isn't much else to say. Its either don't ***** or don't post. But I love forums so Idk what to do.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
I want to apologize to you guys for feeling and sounding so negative recently. I ***** all the time, but in all honesty there really isn't much else to say.
I can't believe there's any Sabres fans out there that are happy with the state of the team right now, but EVERY single thread turns into Fire Lindy and it's redundant.

I've never heard of a coach getting fired because of message board up-roar, but they say there's a first time for everything.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Is that actually a bad thing?

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I was at a bar on Elmwood a few days ago and ran into Derek Roys best friend there. He said Roy hated Lindy so much...He treated him horribly and he could not wait to get out of Buffalo. He enjoyed the city and his team mates but Roy was Ruffs whipping boy. Roy is doing great and Dallas and is very happy. I think Stafford is Ruffs new "whipping" boy. Ruff does not know how to motivate his team, he needs to go ASAP.

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:38 PM
barcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
I can't believe there's any Sabres fans out there that are happy with the state of the team right now, but EVERY single thread turns into Fire Lindy and it's redundant.

I've never heard of a coach getting fired because of message board up-roar, but they say there's a first time for everything.
If you don't like varying opinions being stated often, then the internet may not be the right place for you - let alone a sports forum based solely on sharing opinions.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

What's better for the future or this organization? A top 5 pick and a new coach, or squeaking into the playoffs and likely getting eliminated in the first round which would probably result in no change again? I may be rooting for the team to lose now, but really I'm rooting for them to win in the future.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
What's better for the future or this organization? A top 5 pick and a new coach, or squeaking into the playoffs and likely getting eliminated in the first round which would probably result in no change again? I may be rooting for the team to lose now, but really I'm rooting for them to win in the future.
Top 5 pick which leads to Ruff getting fired would be the idle scenario. Without us being a lottery team, Ruff doesn't get fired I don't think.

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote