HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester

Old
02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
We live in the now, no one cares about what he played like under Butters awful defensive system.

The only thing that is "simply not happening" is him getting traded for anything short of an overpayment, as he has been stellar.

Dont want to pay that? Thats fine, stop whining. If he has been "pretty bad" the last 4 years, why would you be even interested? Oh, right because you know thats a load of crap.
1) past performances matter no? ok well Gagner is now a star by your defintion
2) Keep him then, noone will overpay for a defenseman that hasnt been stellar in the past and had a massive contract.
3) Flames fan should be aware of what top defenseman will return you. See: Phanuef
4) Yes, he has been bad the past year but would be good on the 3rd pairing or filling in on the second. 6.6 million defenseman shouldnt be that. Although this year he has shown top be capable of handling first pairing work. 4 seasons are still a better indicator of 10 games

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Honeycutt

Have another offer from the Blues (if yo haven't noticed i really think Jay would be a great partner for Petro): Cole + Lehtera (russian center who has been noted as saying he wants to come to NHL next year 48 pts in 49 games this year) + 2nd rounder. For Jay with Calgary eating max salary.

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:25 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt View Post
Have another offer from the Blues (if yo haven't noticed i really think Jay would be a great partner for Petro): Cole + Lehtera (russian center who has been noted as saying he wants to come to NHL next year 48 pts in 49 games this year) + 2nd rounder. For Jay with Calgary eating max salary.
No starts with Shawrtz +Cole, Lehtera is already 25.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
No starts with Shawrtz +Cole, Lehtera is already 25.
And has been a point per game the last two seasons. While giving up schwartz would be an option for me, i am not Doug Armstrong and i am pretty sure they have no plans to move Schwartz for Jay b. unless there is someone else coming back with Jay.

SO if we get crazy: Cole +schwartz + Lehtera 2nd for Iggy and Jay bow (calagary eats some of jay salary next year)

Old
02-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
And has been a point per game the last two seasons. While giving up schwartz would be an option for me, i am not Doug Armstrong and i am pretty sure they have no plans to move Schwartz for Jay b. unless there is someone else coming back with Jay.
I get that people see Bouwmeester and think they can bargain bin shop for him, but he has been pretty good so far this year. Giordano probably gets moved long before he does, imo.

You're asking for a top pairing dman (appears you want to slot him in beside Alex) yet, to me, you aren't really giving good value for that top pairing dman.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I'm not Feaster but moving Jbo and keeping half his salary would only make sense for a vast overpayment.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I get that people see Bouwmeester and think they can bargain bin shop for him, but he has been pretty good so far this year. Giordano probably gets moved long before he does, imo.

You're asking for a top pairing dman (appears you want to slot him in beside Alex) yet, to me, you aren't really giving good value for that top pairing dman.
fair enough.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
I'm not Feaster but moving Jbo and keep half his salary would only make sense for a vast overpayment.
That is a good point, i am wrong to assume that the flames make a butt load of money and may want to eat salary so that they can get cap relief to build up else where?

Old
02-19-2013, 12:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
That is a good point, i am wrong to assume that the flames make a butt load of money and may want to eat salary so that they can get cap relief to build up else where?
We do not need cap relief, especially if Iginla is here next year. Ownership wants to keep icing a team that can battle for the playoffs(how ever retarded that is) so until that changes all of players that are playing well are worth more to us then they may appear to an outsider.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
We do not need cap relief, especially if Iginla is here next year. Ownership wants to keep icing a team that can battle for the playoffs(how ever retarded that is) so until that changes all of players that are playing well are worth more to us then they may appear to an outsider.
Ok cool.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
As much as Flames fans think JBo is worth it isn't what he will return and you won't like that one bit. But Feaster has to be one of the worst GMs in the NHL. When's the last time he signed someone to an outstanding contract? When's the last time he made a big trade and won (Was he around for Iggy? On phone right now)?

The thing about HF is people look into how much they think their players are worth but in reality they could get traded any moment. I never expected to just see Johnson get traded like he did.

JBo may be a top pairing defensemen but no one will take on that contract and pay overpayment for him. Now I'm sure I will just get the "Good I would rather keep him" line but I'm sure the organization will say differently when the deadline comes. The Flames need a full rebuild, JBo may be valuable to the team now but won't be for the future. Best to get his salary out of here for some picks or prospects (JBo doesn't warrant a blue-chip) and tank this year.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
As much as Flames fans think JBo is worth it isn't what he will return and you won't like that one bit. But Feaster has to be one of the worst GMs in the NHL. When's the last time he signed someone to an outstanding contract? When's the last time he made a big trade and won (Was he around for Iggy? On phone right now)?

The thing about HF is people look into how much they think their players are worth but in reality they could get traded any moment. I never expected to just see Johnson get traded like he did.

JBo may be a top pairing defensemen but no one will take on that contract and pay overpayment for him. Now I'm sure I will just get the "Good I would rather keep him" line but I'm sure the organization will say differently when the deadline comes. The Flames need a full rebuild, JBo may be valuable to the team now but won't be for the future. Best to get his salary out of here for some picks or prospects (JBo doesn't warrant a blue-chip) and tank this year.
JBo is a scare commodity. He has value. The toughest thing to find is #1 centermen. The second toughest is top pairing defensemen.

BTW, I'm sorry our public school system failed you so badly.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:52 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
JBo is a scare commodity. He has value. The toughest thing to find is #1 centermen. The second toughest is top pairing defensemen.

BTW, I'm sorry our public school system failed you so badly.
He has value but his contract is too high for his value, IMO.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
He has value but his contract is too high for his value, IMO.
If he keeps up the way he is playing he isn't overpaid at all.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
vanwest

Quote:
I disagree. For that price I would want more offence and physical play ie a top level defenceman among the elite ones. I'd agree that he's not as overpaid as he was before though.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I disagree. For that price I would want more offence and physical play ie a top level defenceman among the elite ones. I'd agree that he's not as overpaid as he was before though.
If he plays 25+ minutes a night of shutdown hockey and ends the year at .5 ppg then yea he isn't overpaid.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
vanwest

Quote:
If he plays 25+ minutes a night of shutdown hockey and ends the year at .5 ppg then yea he isn't overpaid.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

Old
02-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
15 games doesn't warrant his play for his other seasons. His value isn't going up or down. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to move him regardless of his play, he's turning 30 this year and shouldn't be part of the Flames rebuild. I love Jay I wish I could see him in a Blue note but would not overpay for him.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

filppula plus abdelkader?

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:55 PM
blankall

Quote:
I'm not Feaster but moving Jbo and keeping half his salary would only make sense for a vast overpayment.
Seriously.

At half his salary, you're looking at a 40 point, 25 minute per night d-man at 3.3 million a year. The cost of that is huge.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
15 games doesn't warrant his play for his other seasons. His value isn't going up or down. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to move him regardless of his play, he's turning 30 this year and shouldn't be part of the Flames rebuild. I love Jay I wish I could see him in a Blue note but would not overpay for him.
If he finishes this year the way he played the first 14 then it will show everyone that he never regressed he was stuck in a system that he was misused in. Its not that we won't move him but we aren't going to move him for a package that he isn't worth.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
So a FA who would likely walk at the end of the season + a 4th liner?

No.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:27 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
Dude, even I as a Wings fan think that's horrible.

Plus, you alluded on the Wings board that we don't have the pieces. It will easily take one of our top prospects, like Nyquist.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Dude, even I as a Wings fan think that's horrible.

Plus, you alluded on the Wings board that we don't have the pieces. It will easily take one of our top prospects, like Nyquist.
I don't think it would take Nyquist, but probably a 1st + good prospect.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:28 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I don't think it would take Nyquist, but probably a 1st + good prospect.
Kindl, Franzen, Quincey? Two young and decent Dmen + Perennial 25 Goal Scorer.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote