HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

vCash: 500
Unless we trade Desharnais which I don't think will happen, ROR isn't coming here. For some reason I see him going to Toronto if they are ready to pay the price.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Bergevin won't move Desharnais period. The guy gets a much longer leash because of the francophone factor. It's just the elephant in the room that nobody is mentioning.

Eller is the more realistic option if anyone is moved. Which I doubt they will be. Eller is bigger and cheaper and has played really well this year. He finally looks motivated.
just call up Leblanc..."OOOHHH Look, french hockey player! Shiny...OHHHH" and while the talking heads at RDS/TVA are all patting themselves on the back for another great francophone conquest of the NHL....you trade Desharnais for ROR and just find some kind of tenuous francophone connection (grandmother performed orally on Duplessis or some such nonsense) to placate them, which will be easy as they are still on their high from the Leblanc call-up

Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Unless we trade Desharnais which I don't think will happen, ROR isn't coming here. For some reason I see him going to Toronto if they are ready to pay the price.
They may have to give up Kadri and I'm not sure Nonis will do that with Bozak being a UFA this summer.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
There will be at least 10 teams bidding for him, you may need to offer more. But at a certain point you have to have a max price in mind and stick to not passing that point
Bidding war? I would imagine it's possible, yes But no team will give away more than a first and a second for him (unless they get into a bidding war over his contract, which is possible but unlikely given the amount of time he has hung around as an RFA with no offers). It's kinda like the "buy it now" option on Ebay. Yes, there can be a bidding war, but if it gets close to the buy it now price someone is going to click that option and end the auction.

The real bidding war is going to be teams determining who on their roster/in the minors/in their prospect pool are the equivalent or less than a first and a second for them, but are much more valuable to the Avalanche.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
Bidding war? I would imagine it's possible, yes But no team will give away more than a first and a second for him (unless they get into a bidding war over his contract, which is possible but unlikely given the amount of time he has hung around as an RFA with no offers). It's kinda like the "buy it now" option on Ebay. Yes, there can be a bidding war, but if it gets close to the buy it now price someone is going to click that option and end the auction.

The real bidding war is going to be teams determining who on their roster/in the minors/in their prospect pool are the equivalent or less than a first and a second for them, but are much more valuable to the Avalanche.
I'd imagine wingers and replacement centres would be a target for them, which is why I would think Kristo and Desharnais could be of interest.

He has likely "hung around as an RFA with no offers" due more to the GMs looking to curb the big money 2nd contract and try to set the ELC exiting players up to a Bridge deal system than his abilities.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

All the teams rumoured to be in the running for ROR are now on a mini-tear. Nobody wants to break up chemistry as much as they may need a centre.

Habs absolutely need this guy but it will be tough to do so without breaking contract policy or hurting themselves in another area.

All I can ask is that Bergevin keep abreast of what teams in the East are doing to get this guy and act accordingly. Despite the proposals here you are not going to get this guy for spare parts.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 PM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd imagine wingers and replacement centres would be a target for them, which is why I would think Kristo and Desharnais could be of interest.

He has likely "hung around as an RFA with no offers" due more to the GMs looking to curb the big money 2nd contract and try to set the ELC exiting players up to a Bridge deal system than his abilities.
Then why trade for him in the first place?

I believe it's been said that ROR wants five million. I don't recall hearing him only wanting five million from the Avalanche, nor do I recall any talk of problems with the organization itself (outside of the fact they won't pay him what he thinks he's worth). If you're trading for ROR you're going to be paying him around five million per or he's just going to hold out on you too.

The only way I can see the price for him going above a first and a second is if the other GMs start a bidding war for him. As you point out the GMs are reticent to break away from the bridge deal system, so I really doubt a bidding war happens in that case.

For the Avalanche it's a matter of market economics. If all the GMs know they will have to pay ROR about five million, and they know that the Avalanche will not sign him at that price, and they know that they can have him at that price for a first and a second (and are willing to spend that price) then it'd be pretty stupid to pay more than that for him (unless they don't have their first and second picks - then they can't make an RFA bid for him...). It has nothing to do with the skills and abilities of the player.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

More I think about it, I wonder if people don't over-hype ROR. He's had one good season. Plus MB didn't even sign Subban for that amount and PK is pretty established, it would kill the legitimacy of MB as a GM and what he wanted to do here aka "prove to us that you deserve a good amount". ROR has proved nothing. It may hurt the team chemistry not only cause of what he makes but cause they are on a roll right now with no ego.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
Then why trade for him in the first place?

I believe it's been said that ROR wants five million. I don't recall hearing him only wanting five million from the Avalanche, nor do I recall any talk of problems with the organization itself (outside of the fact they won't pay him what he thinks he's worth). If you're trading for ROR you're going to be paying him around five million per or he's just going to hold out on you too.

The only way I can see the price for him going above a first and a second is if the other GMs start a bidding war for him. As you point out the GMs are reticent to break away from the bridge deal system, so I really doubt a bidding war happens in that case.

For the Avalanche it's a matter of market economics. If all the GMs know they will have to pay ROR about five million, and they know that the Avalanche will not sign him at that price, and they know that they can have him at that price for a first and a second (and are willing to spend that price) then it'd be pretty stupid to pay more than that for him (unless they don't have their first and second picks - then they can't make an RFA bid for him...). It has nothing to do with the skills and abilities of the player.
Personally, I wouldn't trade for him. I am interested to see how it plays out and what kind of money he gets and what return the avs get if they trade him.

Avs could also be hoping another team puts an offer in that they would match and have an excuse for how he got more...i dunno. Either way, very interesting

Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Erik Cole

1st Round Pick 2013

O'reilly offersheet...whaaaadup colordo

Old
02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Habsfannick

Heard rumor that habs are interested in something from the oilers

https://twitter.com/vestiaire/status/303981187049857024

Old
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Habsfannick

Habs interested in something from the oilers... Any ideas who?

Who dyou guys think it is? Peckham or MPS?

Old
02-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Some of their fowards are not too bad

Old
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I like to post random twitter accounts and assume they're true.

I assume it's some ******** account. I'm too lazy to click on it.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post

Erik Cole

1st Round Pick 2013

O'reilly offersheet...whaaaadup colordo
Sharks do this, why ? We offer sheet O'Reilly, why ?

And I was right. It is some ******** twitter account that no one in their right mind should care about.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Krnage

Jordan Eberle

Old
02-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I like to post random twitter accounts and assume they're true.

I assume it's some ******** account. I'm too lazy to click on it.
It was a topic up for discussion don't have to get so upset...

Old
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
It was a topic up for discussion don't har to get so upset...
Not upset.

Hey guys. I heard from a source that the habs are interested in someone from Pittsburgh. More to come...

Discuss!

Non legitimate sources are a waste to even begin to discuss. You're better off just spurting a name out than posting a ******** source.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Jordan Eberle
Nah, Taylor Hall. Passion and recklessness. Him and Gallagher on the wings. Galchenyuk at center. Passion. Energy. Skill. All in one.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Heard rumor that habs are interested in something from the oilers

Probably just Weber to Oilers for a pick.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Saintpatrick

I think the question is who would we give up. I think it would be a winger for a d-man swap personally. We need wingers they need d-men makes sense to me.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Sharks do this, why ? We offer sheet O'Reilly, why ?

And I was right. It is some ******** twitter account that no one in their right mind should care about.
or the canucks...i don't know...some ccontending team.

but the point is...we gain a first round pick so that we can give up a first round pick and essentially it;s cole and 2nd for ryan o'reilly...pretty cool wha?

and why do we get o'reilly?

cause he's better than desharnais....he's better than eller....he's gonna be better than plekanec,....his faceoff percentage for his age over the past 3 years would suggest that he's going to be one of the top ones of the league as it has rised significantly each year...and his penalty killing prowess and pp abilities are 2 things that we could use a boost in right now.....he helps us now, but more importantly he helps us in the future....this guy is worth the 5 million.....get rid of desharnais....keep eller on the wing.....move foreward with that.....eventually plekanec is gonna be 2 old to be that 2nd line defensive center and o'reilly is ready to jump in at any time.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:

Who dyou guys think it is? Peckham or MPS?
I hope it could be Peckham, a big gritty d man. I would give Weber for him.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
I think the question is who would we give up. I think it would be a winger for a d-man swap personally. We need wingers they need d-men makes sense to me.
So something like weber and a 3rd for MPS?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
Bourque-Plek-Gio
Pac-DD-Cole
Prust-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Eller-Army/White

We need wingers?

If we get on we'll pretty much have to trade one...

Closed Thread