HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
  #426
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Unless we trade Desharnais which I don't think will happen, ROR isn't coming here. For some reason I see him going to Toronto if they are ready to pay the price.

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
  #427
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Bergevin won't move Desharnais period. The guy gets a much longer leash because of the francophone factor. It's just the elephant in the room that nobody is mentioning.

Eller is the more realistic option if anyone is moved. Which I doubt they will be. Eller is bigger and cheaper and has played really well this year. He finally looks motivated.
just call up Leblanc..."OOOHHH Look, french hockey player! Shiny...OHHHH" and while the talking heads at RDS/TVA are all patting themselves on the back for another great francophone conquest of the NHL....you trade Desharnais for ROR and just find some kind of tenuous francophone connection (grandmother performed orally on Duplessis or some such nonsense) to placate them, which will be easy as they are still on their high from the Leblanc call-up

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
  #428
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Unless we trade Desharnais which I don't think will happen, ROR isn't coming here. For some reason I see him going to Toronto if they are ready to pay the price.
They may have to give up Kadri and I'm not sure Nonis will do that with Bozak being a UFA this summer.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
  #429
idk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
There will be at least 10 teams bidding for him, you may need to offer more. But at a certain point you have to have a max price in mind and stick to not passing that point
Bidding war? I would imagine it's possible, yes But no team will give away more than a first and a second for him (unless they get into a bidding war over his contract, which is possible but unlikely given the amount of time he has hung around as an RFA with no offers). It's kinda like the "buy it now" option on Ebay. Yes, there can be a bidding war, but if it gets close to the buy it now price someone is going to click that option and end the auction.

The real bidding war is going to be teams determining who on their roster/in the minors/in their prospect pool are the equivalent or less than a first and a second for them, but are much more valuable to the Avalanche.

idk is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
  #430
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
Bidding war? I would imagine it's possible, yes But no team will give away more than a first and a second for him (unless they get into a bidding war over his contract, which is possible but unlikely given the amount of time he has hung around as an RFA with no offers). It's kinda like the "buy it now" option on Ebay. Yes, there can be a bidding war, but if it gets close to the buy it now price someone is going to click that option and end the auction.

The real bidding war is going to be teams determining who on their roster/in the minors/in their prospect pool are the equivalent or less than a first and a second for them, but are much more valuable to the Avalanche.
I'd imagine wingers and replacement centres would be a target for them, which is why I would think Kristo and Desharnais could be of interest.

He has likely "hung around as an RFA with no offers" due more to the GMs looking to curb the big money 2nd contract and try to set the ELC exiting players up to a Bridge deal system than his abilities.

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:47 PM
  #431
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,907
vCash: 500
All the teams rumoured to be in the running for ROR are now on a mini-tear. Nobody wants to break up chemistry as much as they may need a centre.

Habs absolutely need this guy but it will be tough to do so without breaking contract policy or hurting themselves in another area.

All I can ask is that Bergevin keep abreast of what teams in the East are doing to get this guy and act accordingly. Despite the proposals here you are not going to get this guy for spare parts.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 PM
  #432
idk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd imagine wingers and replacement centres would be a target for them, which is why I would think Kristo and Desharnais could be of interest.

He has likely "hung around as an RFA with no offers" due more to the GMs looking to curb the big money 2nd contract and try to set the ELC exiting players up to a Bridge deal system than his abilities.
Then why trade for him in the first place?

I believe it's been said that ROR wants five million. I don't recall hearing him only wanting five million from the Avalanche, nor do I recall any talk of problems with the organization itself (outside of the fact they won't pay him what he thinks he's worth). If you're trading for ROR you're going to be paying him around five million per or he's just going to hold out on you too.

The only way I can see the price for him going above a first and a second is if the other GMs start a bidding war for him. As you point out the GMs are reticent to break away from the bridge deal system, so I really doubt a bidding war happens in that case.

For the Avalanche it's a matter of market economics. If all the GMs know they will have to pay ROR about five million, and they know that the Avalanche will not sign him at that price, and they know that they can have him at that price for a first and a second (and are willing to spend that price) then it'd be pretty stupid to pay more than that for him (unless they don't have their first and second picks - then they can't make an RFA bid for him...). It has nothing to do with the skills and abilities of the player.

idk is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
  #433
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,638
vCash: 500
More I think about it, I wonder if people don't over-hype ROR. He's had one good season. Plus MB didn't even sign Subban for that amount and PK is pretty established, it would kill the legitimacy of MB as a GM and what he wanted to do here aka "prove to us that you deserve a good amount". ROR has proved nothing. It may hurt the team chemistry not only cause of what he makes but cause they are on a roll right now with no ego.

Kimota is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
  #434
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
Then why trade for him in the first place?

I believe it's been said that ROR wants five million. I don't recall hearing him only wanting five million from the Avalanche, nor do I recall any talk of problems with the organization itself (outside of the fact they won't pay him what he thinks he's worth). If you're trading for ROR you're going to be paying him around five million per or he's just going to hold out on you too.

The only way I can see the price for him going above a first and a second is if the other GMs start a bidding war for him. As you point out the GMs are reticent to break away from the bridge deal system, so I really doubt a bidding war happens in that case.

For the Avalanche it's a matter of market economics. If all the GMs know they will have to pay ROR about five million, and they know that the Avalanche will not sign him at that price, and they know that they can have him at that price for a first and a second (and are willing to spend that price) then it'd be pretty stupid to pay more than that for him (unless they don't have their first and second picks - then they can't make an RFA bid for him...). It has nothing to do with the skills and abilities of the player.
Personally, I wouldn't trade for him. I am interested to see how it plays out and what kind of money he gets and what return the avs get if they trade him.

Avs could also be hoping another team puts an offer in that they would match and have an excuse for how he got more...i dunno. Either way, very interesting

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  #435
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 922
vCash: 500


Erik Cole




1st Round Pick 2013





O'reilly offersheet...whaaaadup colordo

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
  #436
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
Heard rumor that habs are interested in something from the oilers

https://twitter.com/vestiaire/status/303981187049857024

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
  #437
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
Habs interested in something from the oilers... Any ideas who?

https://twitter.com/vestiaire/status/303981187049857024

Who dyou guys think it is? Peckham or MPS?

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:48 PM
  #438
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Some of their fowards are not too bad

Metropolitsky is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
  #439
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,659
vCash: 500
I like to post random twitter accounts and assume they're true.

I assume it's some ******** account. I'm too lazy to click on it.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
  #440
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post


Erik Cole




1st Round Pick 2013





O'reilly offersheet...whaaaadup colordo
Sharks do this, why ? We offer sheet O'Reilly, why ?

And I was right. It is some ******** twitter account that no one in their right mind should care about.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
  #441
Krnage
Registered User
 
Krnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fermont
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
Jordan Eberle

Krnage is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:52 PM
  #442
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I like to post random twitter accounts and assume they're true.

I assume it's some ******** account. I'm too lazy to click on it.
It was a topic up for discussion don't have to get so upset...

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
  #443
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
It was a topic up for discussion don't har to get so upset...
Not upset.


Hey guys. I heard from a source that the habs are interested in someone from Pittsburgh. More to come...

Discuss!

Non legitimate sources are a waste to even begin to discuss. You're better off just spurting a name out than posting a ******** source.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM
  #444
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Jordan Eberle
Nah, Taylor Hall. Passion and recklessness. Him and Gallagher on the wings. Galchenyuk at center. Passion. Energy. Skill. All in one.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
  #445
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Heard rumor that habs are interested in something from the oilers

https://twitter.com/vestiaire/status/303981187049857024
Probably just Weber to Oilers for a pick.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
  #446
Saintpatrick
Registered User
 
Saintpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 500
I think the question is who would we give up. I think it would be a winger for a d-man swap personally. We need wingers they need d-men makes sense to me.

Saintpatrick is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
  #447
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Sharks do this, why ? We offer sheet O'Reilly, why ?

And I was right. It is some ******** twitter account that no one in their right mind should care about.
or the canucks...i don't know...some ccontending team.

but the point is...we gain a first round pick so that we can give up a first round pick and essentially it;s cole and 2nd for ryan o'reilly...pretty cool wha?

and why do we get o'reilly?

cause he's better than desharnais....he's better than eller....he's gonna be better than plekanec,....his faceoff percentage for his age over the past 3 years would suggest that he's going to be one of the top ones of the league as it has rised significantly each year...and his penalty killing prowess and pp abilities are 2 things that we could use a boost in right now.....he helps us now, but more importantly he helps us in the future....this guy is worth the 5 million.....get rid of desharnais....keep eller on the wing.....move foreward with that.....eventually plekanec is gonna be 2 old to be that 2nd line defensive center and o'reilly is ready to jump in at any time.

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
  #448
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
https://twitter.com/vestiaire/status/303981187049857024

Who dyou guys think it is? Peckham or MPS?
I hope it could be Peckham, a big gritty d man. I would give Weber for him.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
  #449
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
I think the question is who would we give up. I think it would be a winger for a d-man swap personally. We need wingers they need d-men makes sense to me.
So something like weber and a 3rd for MPS?

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
  #450
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
I think the question is who would we give up. I think it would be a winger for a d-man swap personally. We need wingers they need d-men makes sense to me.
Bourque-Plek-Gio
Pac-DD-Cole
Prust-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Eller-Army/White

We need wingers?

If we get on we'll pretty much have to trade one...

Guilliam is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.