HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Evgeny Kuznetsov to Edmonton

Old
02-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Add Gagner to that list of untouchables.

We're trying to make the playoffs this year. We're not shooting for the lottery.
I feel this is going to be the feeling for a lot of teams this year. Because of the shortened season, teams will feel they have a better chance than usual to make the playoffs. Could make for a pretty slow trade deadline.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
The Green Unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I feel this is going to be the feeling for a lot of teams this year. Because of the shortened season, teams will feel they have a better chance than usual to make the playoffs. Could make for a pretty slow trade deadline.
I think you're right. And the lack of sellers will probably raise the stakes moreover. Those selling teams are going to ask a king's ransom for a decent player.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:13 AM
gpearson1968

vCash: 450
'Splain something to me

Hokay,

How is it that Kuznetsov is the only Russian hockey player in the world that is afraid of playing in the NHL, because he feels that jeopardizes his chances to play in Sochi ? Wouldn't a bunch of other top Ruskies currently here in the NHL have the same fear? Is Ovechkin afraid that he won't get the nod ?

Just askin.

Cheers,
gpearson1968

gpearson1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:46 AM
txpd

in short. the lockout happening was common knowledge among nhl players and agents. kuznetsov knew that a full nhl season was unlikely and no season was possible. a partial season had clusterf*** written all over it. so skipping this season was a no brainer. waiting one more season for the olympics fit the program.

it all makes perfect sense. the kuz doesnt want to play in the nhl talk is just like the semin wants to play in the khl talk. its bs.

second. the caps want to trade kuznetsov because he might not come over. the op wants kuznetsov in a trade because he will come over. funny

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:23 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I have no idea what the Caps are looking for but I would cream my pants if Lou somehow acquired the services of Kuznetsov.

The Devils are loaded in terms of blueline prospects and they also have a surplus of NHL caliber d-men. Henrik Tallinder and Mark Fayne have both been healthy scratches for the past couple of weeks (Hank missed about 8 games and Fayne is sitting his 2nd straight).

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:37 AM
LSnow

If we trade Kuznetsov, Johansson, Carlson, Holtby / Neuvirth, Forsberg. Or any combination of them i would like to get a good puck-moving d-man or second line center.

Oilers have PMD in Shultz which they shoulnd depart with, and Gagner is not the quality Was would be looking for.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:55 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I have no idea what the Caps are looking for but I would cream my pants if Lou somehow acquired the services of Kuznetsov.

The Devils are loaded in terms of blueline prospects and they also have a surplus of NHL caliber d-men. Henrik Tallinder and Mark Fayne have both been healthy scratches for the past couple of weeks (Hank missed about 8 games and Fayne is sitting his 2nd straight).
You don't have the pieces. We don't want high-salary guys, your prospects aren't enticing enough (even Larsson IMO) and your first-round pick won't be high.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:00 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968 View Post
Hokay,

How is it that Kuznetsov is the only Russian hockey player in the world that is afraid of playing in the NHL, because he feels that jeopardizes his chances to play in Sochi ? Wouldn't a bunch of other top Ruskies currently here in the NHL have the same fear? Is Ovechkin afraid that he won't get the nod ?

Just askin.

Cheers,
gpearson1968
The thing here isn't that if you play in the KHL you will get a better chance of cracking it. It's not true.
Important thing that if you make a jump from KHL to NHL or vice versa, transition may take away your chances. For comparison, I think Voynov has a better chance of making it from LA than from KHL team, because transition is always a risk.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
You don't have the pieces. We don't want high-salary guys, your prospects aren't enticing enough(even Larsson IMO) and your first-round pick won't be high.
Ok, it's your opinion and I'm a huge fan of Kuznestov, he's maybe my 2nd favorite hockey player but let's get real please.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
If we trade Kuznetsov, Johansson, Carlson, Holtby / Neuvirth, Forsberg. Or any combination of them i would like to get a good puck-moving d-man or second line center.

Oilers have PMD in Shultz which they shoulnd depart with, and Gagner is not the quality Was would be looking for.
Where does Schultz fit exactly with Green, Carlson, Orlov and Kundratek already on the right, with Green and Carlson being better D at this point?

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:43 AM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Where does Schultz fit exactly with Green, Carlson, Orlov and Kundratek already on the right, with Green and Carlson being better D at this point?
Only Green can move the puck well, and he is mostly injured.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
in short. the lockout happening was common knowledge among nhl players and agents. kuznetsov knew that a full nhl season was unlikely and no season was possible. a partial season had clusterf*** written all over it. so skipping this season was a no brainer. waiting one more season for the olympics fit the program.

it all makes perfect sense. the kuz doesnt want to play in the nhl talk is just like the semin wants to play in the khl talk. its bs.

second. the caps want to trade kuznetsov because he might not come over. the op wants kuznetsov in a trade because he will come over. funny
This is the part that I have a big problem with. Oiler fan comes in and tries to low ball for a top prospect - stating that he will likely not come over, so we will give you this. Low risk, high reward. You need to rebuild.... blah, blah, blah..

Caps fans respond stating he isn't available without some really solid return.

Then Oil fans come in a blast him with BS like he doesn't play hard etc and he wont come over - all of which is nothing but a blatant lie. Then it becomes a battle over who is good and risk (value) and a lot junk that has nothing to do with the Caps trading or willing to trade their top prospect for scraps.... Other Oiler fans feel the need to jump in and pile on the Caps and talk about issues that don't exist like they are facts.

What really ticks me off about threads like this is the fact the the OP thinks fans are just stupid and wont see though his bull reasoning. Every organization would like to have a prospect ilke Kuznetsov in their system. If he was so much a risk or had effort issues, then you wouldn't want any part of him.

Nothing constructive in this thread.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Ok, it's your opinion and I'm a huge fan of Kuznestov, he's maybe my 2nd favorite hockey player but let's get real please.
Larsson's a great player, but his development was Niederreiter'ed by the Devs. I think his ceiling has fallen somewhat. Kuznetsov, on the other hand, has had a chance to develop in a big spotlight with a big role with a big pressure in a pro league and has made the best of it so far.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Larsson's a great player, but his development was Niederreiter'ed by the Devs. I think his ceiling has fallen somewhat. Kuznetsov, on the other hand, has had a chance to develop in a big spotlight with a big role with a big pressure in a pro league and has made the best of it so far.
Eh, Larsson was playing on our top pairing the same year he got drafted... in a better league.

I think you're preaching for your "russian" boy more then anything else and I don't see how the Devils have Niederreiter's his career? I would like to know more as to how Lou and the Devils organisation have screwed up with Larsson cause I just don't see it but coming from a non Devils fan, you might see something I don't.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:21 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Hall for Kuznetsov + 2nd rnd pick

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:31 PM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Devils didn't Niederreit Larsson because he was already playing like an average defence-man for his 1st NHL season. Sure he took a step back after his injury but the NHL is the league where he belongs since day 1 of the last season.

Legit top 4 defence-man are currently sitting to let him play simply because he's head and shoulders better than them. Go get a look on different Devils Game Day Thread, there's almost nothing but praise for Larsson. And I can tell you that's a nitpicking fanbase regarding the defensive players.

I'm sure you've got a very good hockey knowledge and Washington is playing NJ back to back this week-end. Watch Adam closely, I'm sure you'll be delighted.

As for Kuznetsov, I'd figuratively trade half of my team to get him but I'm completely biased. Kuznetsov, admiral of all the Russias.

Last edited by The Green Unit: 02-19-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Old
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
I was thinking something along those lines.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:45 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
If either team should be adding a 2nd rounder in this deal, it should be Edmonton.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Who on Edmonton, excluding the "untouchable" players, would make a terrible team into a playoff team?
Nobody.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Eh, Larsson was playing on our top pairing the same year he got drafted... in a better league.

I think you're preaching for your "russian" boy more then anything else and I don't see how the Devils have Niederreiter's his career? I would like to know more as to how Lou and the Devils organisation have screwed up with Larsson cause I just don't see it but coming from a non Devils fan, you might see something I don't.
He's been a healthy scratch a lot, that's what I'm talking about. If you have a guy who's not eligible for AHL, you play him or send him to the juniors/Europe. That's how McPhee usually handles business. If he's unsure the prospect would be playing night in and night out, he'll send him down. That's what happened with Forsberg and Wilson this year.
I didn't mean he did that with Kuznetsov (because it was Kuzya's choice), I was only talking about Larsson here.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
If either team should be adding a 2nd rounder in this deal, it should be Edmonton.
You think Kuznetsov > Hall? C'mon man!

I wouldn't trade any of the Oilers young 5 for Kuznetsov. And I still wouldn't if a 2nd was added.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
He's been a healthy scratch a lot, that's what I'm talking about. If you have a guy who's not eligible for AHL, you play him or send him to the juniors/Europe. That's how McPhee usually handles business. If he's unsure the prospect would be playing night in and night out, he'll send him down. That's what happened with Forsberg and Wilson this year.
I didn't mean he did that with Kuznetsov (because it was Kuzya's choice), I was only talking about Larsson here.
DeBoer stated that he was going to give the same cast that brought him to the SC finals, a fair shake, wich is perfectly fine by me. On top of that, Larsson played half the year in Albany, so it wasn't as if he needed to play, he had a leg up on almost 90% of our blueline cause of that. When Tallinder started to slip, Adam was brought right in and hasn't left our top pairing since.

I won't second guess what McPhee does with his team but if there's someone you can trust when running a team, it's Lou Lamoriello and everyone around him. When you have a franchise that made the postseason every single year, except one, in the past decade and a half, I guess his track record speaks for itself... and that's despite losing all kinds of All-Star caliber talent year, after year, after year, etc.

Just saying

Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
mike green, john carlson, dmitri orlov, tomas kundratek. the caps dont need a puck moving defenseman

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Well, I bet there will be a few trades which will accommodate other team's salary cap next year.... but yeah. I'm sure it'll be the most boring trade deadline yet... and we thought last year was a snoozer.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:30 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Washington needs a shake up, Edmonton is still rebuilding. Kuznetsov is already a great player, but he's going to stay in Russia until 2014/2015 season. However, Kuznetsov & Yakupov could form a dangerous scoring threat for years to come. Edmonton has several good pieces behind their Big 5 that could help the Caps right now + picks and prospects. Is there a trade here?

Untouchables: RNH, Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, J.Schultz

Discuss.
I understand those are the untouchables for Edmonton but you cannot expect to get any good player or great prospect without including stuff of high value which outside of those guys the Oilers are lacking...Pretty much any trade offer that Oil fans make they need to consider that unless they are asking for just a decent player or ok prospect they are not going to be able to land much...Basically Gagner etc are not worth a whole lot especially when you are talking about possibly the best player not in the NHL...And I dont think Edmonton should trade any of them for Kuz but that is also the reason they will not be able to make a trade for him.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote