HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This guy has been a scapegoat wherever he's played in his career. He's constantly on the other end of highlight reel plays, making him literally look like a pylon:

His underlying numbers are also terrible, it's a myth that he's a good bottom pair defenseman. Sure he's tough, so is Bickel.
He does the little things. It isn't pretty, but he normally gets the job done and he actually has decent stick skills. I wouldn't say he is "tough" although he will fight.

Also, you can find YT clips of even the best defenders being made to look silly. It happens.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:48 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

You guys really don;t have much going on leading up to game time. Pages and pages on RoR. It's crazy. The team is playing well of late. They are slowly starting to gel and now we want to inject more players into the roster? It's asinine.

Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:48 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Shut up.
i swear imma bouta pop off on this guy

someone hold me back im goin crazy

Oh, and hell no to SOB. He sucks and so does his contract. 2M per until 2014. Ew.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-19-2013, 01:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Hemsky is very skilled. But very injury prone, unfortunately.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Not only does O'Brien suck. He is signed for 2 more years. The Rangers don't have the space to waste $2M on SOB.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I feel as though HF s singlehandedly keeping this rumor going. Lets see if everything quiets down.

I still think it would be a strange move to go for O'Reilly right now. Still, Glenn had his name in on Heatley, Kessel, Wheeler, Schultz, Kovalchuk, just about any big player movement you could name.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He does the little things. It isn't pretty, but he normally gets the job done and he actually has decent stick skills. I wouldn't say he is "tough" although he will fight.

Also, you can find YT clips of even the best defenders being made to look silly. It happens.
Define the little things? He doesn't produce points or play the PP units. He doesn't get much SH ice time and this is with an AHL Avs defense. What exactly does he bring to the table for this team at 2m per for 2 more years after this one? He's also had a bad team reputation with the Canucks for partying late and not attending some practices.

His contract is an abomination for what he brings to the table, in my opinion. In my viewings of him, he constantly gets schooled by other NHL players.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
i swear imma bouta pop off on this guy

someone hold me back im goin crazy

Oh, and hell no to SOB. He sucks and so does his contract. 2M per until 2014. Ew.
This. I don't think you guys understand just how much of a nightmare he is to watch.

O'Byrne. Hunwick. Zanon. Hunwick.

These names played before him last game. He's been that dreadful. He's tough in all the wrong moments, and a defensive nightmare. And if you think this team takes bad penalties NOW... hahahaha.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I feel as though HF s singlehandedly keeping this rumor going. Lets see if everything quiets down.

I still think it would be a strange move to go for O'Reilly right now. Still, Glenn had his name in on Heatley, Kessel, Wheeler, Schultz, Kovalchuk, just about any big player movement you could name.
Weren't the Rangers also interested in Turris last year?

Old
02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Weren't the Rangers also interested in Turris last year?
Which begs the question. Is it that the Rangers really are in on these guys in a real way? Or is it that the Rangers front office is unusually leaky and Sather is just doing his due diligence.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Define the little things? He doesn't produce points or play the PP units. He doesn't get much SH ice time and this is with an AHL Avs defense. What exactly does he bring to the table for this team at 2m per for 2 more years after this one? He's also had a bad team reputation with the Canucks for partying late and not attending some practices.

His contract is an abomination for what he brings to the table, in my opinion. In my viewings of him, he constantly gets schooled by other NHL players.
Didn't realize he had (2) more years after this one.

He blocks shots, is a pain in the ass to play against, has decent hands.

Slow-footed though for sure. He is better than Bickel. About on par with Eminger.

Old
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

To stray away from all the ROR talk for a moment...

Can anyone think of some cheap d-men we could pick up at the deadline to shore up the bottom pairing?

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Hemsky is very skilled. But very injury prone, unfortunately.
Hasn't been injured for a while now. I always thought he was going to be a 100pt player after the 06 season.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Can anyone think of some cheap d-men we could pick up at the deadline to shore up the bottom pairing?
#1 target for me is Gonchar to play with Staal on the 2nd pairing. Boyle is another one, but he'll cost a fortune to get. I also like Regehr and Leopold for a bottom pair role.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Douglas Murray
Adrian Aucoin
Jordan Leopold (ew)
Mike Komisarek (if the Leafs eat some of his contract)
JM Liles (see above for Komisarek)
Ladislav Smid
Ryan Whitney (ew)
Mark Fistric
Lubo Visnovsky
Mark Streit
Sergei Gonchar

Closed Thread