HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[NAS/STL] Jani Lajunen for Scott Ford

Old
02-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Wow totally didn't expect a trade of this caliber, this greatly impacts how GM's value certain players now. Absolutely ground breaking.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Still it doesn't make much sense for St.Louis/Peoria.

They traded their farm captain (Ford that is) for a guy who has 5 points this season.

I understand that Lajunen adds depth to their roster but that's not something they need. They already have Della Rovere down in the ECHL.

Plus, why would they want Bouvet-Morrisette? He has 2 points in 20 games in the ECHL.

At least the acquisition of Hetenyi could have a purpose. It gives them a goaltender that they can easily call up to the AHL, in case one of their goaltenders (NHL or AHL) gets injured.

Anyway, it's obviously not a big deal. Neither team really lost, but it's still a strange deal.
I think there are a couple of reasons the Blues made the trade. First, the Blues are going to be even younger next year in the AHL - with Jaskins, Rattie, and a few other from the CHL. More additions on the wing, but NO centers. A lack of complete depth there.

Also, the organization would like to bring over two dmen from Finland. Adding a native Fin who has been in the US will help with the transition.

Finally, I think many organizations will do right by their players. Ford spent a lot of time w/ the Admirals, and since there was no chance he would make the Blues, St. Louis may have returned him to his home team. Something about having roots in a city.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:02 PM
1rd
¡Hala Madrid!

Think Lajunen will head back to Europe after the season.
From what I've seen (not that much), he hasn't made any progress since he had that good year in 2011..

A promising 2 -way center though, so hope he'll get to play in NHL someday.

1rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
99 steps
to the top

Obligatory

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
WTF Army! You can't make a trade like this within the division. This will haunt us for years to come...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
jameswrjobe53

The team has also acquired forward Andre Bouvet-Morrissett (pro: boo-VAY moor-EE-set) and goaltender Zoltan Hetenyi (huh-TEN-ee) from the Admirals in exchange for future considerations. Both players are currently playing in the ECHL and are not expected to join the Rivermen at this time.

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Reddawg

It's really not very often I see a hockey trade and have to say "they traded who....for WHO?"

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I think there are a couple of reasons the Blues made the trade. First, the Blues are going to be even younger next year in the AHL - with Jaskins, Rattie, and a few other from the CHL. More additions on the wing, but NO centers. A lack of complete depth there.

Also, the organization would like to bring over two dmen from Finland. Adding a native Fin who has been in the US will help with the transition.

Finally, I think many organizations will do right by their players. Ford spent a lot of time w/ the Admirals, and since there was no chance he would make the Blues, St. Louis may have returned him to his home team. Something about having roots in a city.
Just out of curiousity, who??
And if that's is the case, they better hope Lajunen actually stays. I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes back across the pond.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Oshie97

Mind= not so blown

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
And if that's is the case, they better hope Lajunen actually stays. I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes back across the pond.
Jani Hakanpää (already contracted) and Teemu Eronen for next year.

Disappointed to see that Lajunen hasn't been able to make real breakthrough in North America. I feel that he is a kind of victim with the rule in last CBA that forced all European draft picks to be signed within two years.

ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:45 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Zoltan! Hahaha, I dont even know whats going on anymore

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I'm so mad Lombardi wasn't in on this action!

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
ES answered this for me. If he heads back home, he heads back home. The Blues may hope that having fellow country men around well help all three and keep him interested in staying in the US. However, who really knows.

It isn't like the Blues are thinking he is going to play in the NHL.

More then likely it was to get Ford back to the Admirals and the 3 pieces that were sent to St. Louis may be a wash salary wise.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:47 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I wish something that actually matters would happen

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Why isn't this stickied ?

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Jets
All hat, no cattle.

Can't believe Chevy missed out on the Lajunen sweepstakes. This is grounds for termination.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Happy Fordo will be back in Milwaukee a solid stay at home guy in the AHL with good leadership.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I actually know who all these players are for once, only because Ford is an ex-Admiral

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
The team has also acquired forward Andre Bouvet-Morrissett (pro: boo-VAY moor-EE-set) and goaltender Zoltan Hetenyi (huh-TEN-ee) from the Admirals in exchange for future considerations. Both players are currently playing in the ECHL and are not expected to join the Rivermen at this time.
Why were they included in this deal then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post

That's IF Lajunen remains in North America next year.

-----
With all this movement, Milwaukee just sent Patrick Cehlin to Cincinnati. Cehlin was ranked 7th in points with Milwaukee. It seems like a another weird move because Cehlin had decent stats (20 points in 45 games)

Honestly, it seems like David Poile was bored in his office today and he wanted to see a little action. He traded Lajunen, he sent two guys to the ECHL (Cehlin and Aronson), he got rid of two guys in his ECHL affiliate (Bouvet-Morrisette and Hetenyi) and he acquired Ford.

I understand that he wanted to bring back Scott Ford, but I don't believe that it required so much movement.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Wiems35*

I swear I saw this exact same proposal on this board the other week....

Wiems35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

Not even mad. We got a guy named Zoltan. Other than Ford or Lajunen, two players aren't even in nhl13.

Edit : Zoltan Hetenyi is playin on Jokerit. Bovet-Morrisette isn't in the game, but I haven't updated the rosters since the first one so he might be for some.

Last edited by Randall Ritchey: 02-19-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote