Go Jets Go!

Old
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Sabadecade
Sec304 STH & WL#1882

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
So, why will we lose tonight? Bad goaltending? Sloppy D? Non existing O? Laughable coaching? Impressive goaltending by the other team? Aliens?

Old
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
All of this talk re; stats in terms of PP, PK, 5 on 5 play, etc.. honestly, it does indeed make sense, but I will be honest with everyone when I say I am worried, concerned and I am questioning the "core" we currently have in place. Is it overreacting? sky-falling mentality? maybe, some may view it as that, which is okay. I don't think it is that way for me, I think I view things pretty realistic, or at least I like to think I do.

However, at the end of the day for me, I am just seeing and feeling a lot of the same things that the team showed from last season. Our PK may be poor at one point, then good at another. Same goes for PP. Same goes for 5 on 5 play. Goaltending. Injuries. Goals forced. Goals against. Etc. It's just all too familiar to me. It all feels too much the same. I understand every team goes through the ebbs and flows in these areas, but this group centered by the core guys just cannot seem to get it right.

Did I overrate this team? I don't think I did. Top to bottom they had/have the potential to be a playoff team, a team that finishes in or around the 7-8 spot. That's my personal view and expectations. Am I disappointed thus far? yes, I am. But I still don't believe I overrated this roster.

I don't believe this team and "core" is this bad, but I am indeed questioning them because from my observations both this season AND last, I am personally seeing a "core" that simply may not be able to put it all together - for whatever the reason(s).

Since we got the team I have been a believer in the "core group" we have here. But I have to be honest when I say they have planted a great amount of doubt in me. I am here for the long haul, win or lose, ups and downs. I believe in TNSE and I believe in Kevin Cheveldayoff to do what it takes in his vision (which will take time) to make this organization a contender. I don't believe I am being unrealistic, nor do I believe I am jumping to conclusions, or the sky is falling, etc.

With all that being said, every team has a core, and we've been locking our guys up each summer over the last 2 seasons (Ladd, Kane, Enstrom, Pavelec, etc) and by all accounts we'll do so again this summer with potentially Bogosian, Little, Wheeler, Burmistrov, etc whether it be long-term of more of a bridge deal in the form of 2-3 years. But as I have said, I am concerned whether or not this core will right the ship here as a group. I like a lot of our pieces within the current NHL core, I like Scheifele, Trouba, etc, but in terms of our NHL quality core group, I am concerned at this point in time.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Potrzebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
It's BAD, as in B - A - D.

And you can see it in the players. As soon as they take a penalty, the player who gets called skates to the penalty box with his head down in shame because he knows he just cost the Jets a goal against. Seriously, how can you win a game where you absolutely know 1 out of every 3 penalties is going to result with the puck in your net.
When did it improve to 1 out of 3?

Old
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 264
Heck I'd like it if we just managed to pot 4 or more goals tonight.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:38 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
So, why will we lose tonight? Bad goaltending? Sloppy D? Non existing O? Laughable coaching? Impressive goaltending by the other team? Aliens?
All of the above will play their part.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:47 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Coach Claude Noel pre-game scrum

Coach Noel – What can he do to get his players going? Are the players over-thinking things? Facing a Sabres team that is going to bring it tonight. How can he lighten the mood? Does it help being outside of the microscope of home? Clitsome back in the lineup. Redmond coming out.

To listen click here.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:02 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

This BDT deserves its own BDT!!

Great BDT darksoceity,

Will cover my eyes for 60mins this game

Old
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Interesting to see how the D does tonight with Grant in and Reds out.

Personally I feel Buff and Bogo should be the top pairing, with Hainsey and Postma #2 and Stu-Clitsome #3.

But that's just me.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Aaaahhhhh noooo. GClit is in. Oh well. Saw some offensive spark in Redmond. Hopefully grant doesn't put on a orange jersey today.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
All of this talk re; stats in terms of PP, PK, 5 on 5 play, etc.. honestly, it does indeed make sense, but I will be honest with everyone when I say I am worried, concerned and I am questioning the "core" we currently have in place. Is it overreacting? sky-falling mentality? maybe, some may view it as that, which is okay. I don't think it is that way for me, I think I view things pretty realistic, or at least I like to think I do.

However, at the end of the day for me, I am just seeing and feeling a lot of the same things that the team showed from last season. Our PK may be poor at one point, then good at another. Same goes for PP. Same goes for 5 on 5 play. Goaltending. Injuries. Goals forced. Goals against. Etc. It's just all too familiar to me. It all feels too much the same. I understand every team goes through the ebbs and flows in these areas, but this group centered by the core guys just cannot seem to get it right.

Did I overrate this team? I don't think I did. Top to bottom they had/have the potential to be a playoff team, a team that finishes in or around the 7-8 spot. That's my personal view and expectations. Am I disappointed thus far? yes, I am. But I still don't believe I overrated this roster.

I don't believe this team and "core" is this bad, but I am indeed questioning them because from my observations both this season AND last, I am personally seeing a "core" that simply may not be able to put it all together - for whatever the reason(s).

Since we got the team I have been a believer in the "core group" we have here. But I have to be honest when I say they have planted a great amount of doubt in me. I am here for the long haul, win or lose, ups and downs. I believe in TNSE and I believe in Kevin Cheveldayoff to do what it takes in his vision (which will take time) to make this organization a contender. I don't believe I am being unrealistic, nor do I believe I am jumping to conclusions, or the sky is falling, etc.

With all that being said, every team has a core, and we've been locking our guys up each summer over the last 2 seasons (Ladd, Kane, Enstrom, Pavelec, etc) and by all accounts we'll do so again this summer with potentially Bogosian, Little, Wheeler, Burmistrov, etc whether it be long-term of more of a bridge deal in the form of 2-3 years. But as I have said, I am concerned whether or not this core will right the ship here as a group. I like a lot of our pieces within the current NHL core, I like Scheifele, Trouba, etc, but in terms of our NHL quality core group, I am concerned at this point in time.
It’s a valid post Zachy Goj

I look at it in basic terms. This core is decent but not nearly good enough to overcome bad goaltending (which is what we have got to this point in the season) and key injuries. Also this team is not above a slump which I think we have been experiencing since game 6. This league is so even now if you don't have a few elite talent pieces, then you better have above average goaltending and be healthy if you want to be in the top 16 teams in the league. With the age and talent of our current roster if Pavs plays well and we are healthy we are a bubble playoff team.

We are in a bit of a funk right now and it has to end "now" or it will be too late to reel it in.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:14 PM
SCP Guy

Redmond was brutal in the Bruins game...his worst by far....good move to sit him for a bit let him get back to basics. I would like to see him in the next game though

Old
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Rheged
JMFT

We're bound to win one eventually, might as well be tonight.

3-2 Jets

Old
02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
2 points are all that matters tonight....I don't care if the refs cheat....I don't care if we sneak another puck on the ice when no one is looking and use that to score....I don't care if we pay a rat to chew through the Sabres sticks on their bench.....Just win baby
Love it!!! I'm all for this "good down home cheating" strategy.
If the Blues can score a goal on the Jets in the 90's with 2 pucks on the ice then yes I'm good with that too. (Nelson Emerson paid them back later that season by catching the puck and throwing it top shelf for an illegal but beautiful goal)

Win and we'll be happy, lose and we'll be distraught.
If we get blown out... then...

Last edited by Zhamnov5GoalGame: 02-19-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 665
I'm ok with cheating = anything for 2 points!!!
Where did sportsmanship ever get anyone?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
Love it!!! I'm all for this "good down home cheating" strategy.
If the Blues can score a goal on the Jets in the 90's with 2 pucks on the ice then yes I'm good with that too. (Nelson Emerson paid them back later that season by catching the puck and throwing it top shelf for an illegal but beautiful goal)

Win and we'll be happy, lose and we'll be distraught.
If we get blown out... then...

Old
02-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Prot

I don't think I've ever done this... call me crazy but I'm calling a Jets win tonight.

I think they are overloaded with dissatisfaction. I think this is the game where they stop thinking about the frustration and totally unload on Buffalo.

I know it's an away game and their goalie can get hot, but this has been building a while and I really think Buffalo is going to be the recipient of a lot of pent up emotion. The team will play to its fullest tonight, I can feel it in my bones.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Pavlovian Response

vCash: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

Personally I feel Buff and Bogo should be the top pairing, with Hainsey and Postma #2 and Stu-Clitsome #3.

But that's just me.
Agree with this - posted this earlier, but had Redmond on the third pairing, before learning that Clitsome was in.

Wonder which Clitsome we get today? Happier that he's paired with Stuart, rather than one of the rookies.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
I don't think I've ever done this... call me crazy but I'm calling a Jets win tonight.

I think they are overloaded with dissatisfaction. I think this is the game where they stop thinking about the frustration and totally unload on Buffalo.

I know it's an away game and their goalie can get hot, but this has been building a while and I really think Buffalo is going to be the recipient of a lot of pent up emotion. The team will play to its fullest tonight, I can feel it in my bones.
I could see this happening, I sure hope you're right Prot! Would really hate to see this team slip to 2-8-0 in their last 10 (since we began 3-1-1).

Old
02-19-2013, 03:36 PM
megajake

Is Zach Redmond legit? Does he get any PP time? Does he try to shoot often? Possibility he gets any points tonight?

Old
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by megajake View Post
Is Zach Redmond legit? Does he get any PP time? Does he try to shoot often? Possibility he gets any points tonight?
I am going to say not points tonight.

The kid is talented, but not talented enough to score from the press box.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post

Agree with the spirit of this ZG.

For me, I think I have just softened a bit on who I now consider the core. There are a couple of guys that I had in there that I would now deal if the price is right.

(Obviously I would deal anyone if the return was enough, but you get the idea )

Old
02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

But that's just me.
Sounds good to me too, figured Redmond would be sitting this one out, wouldn't surprise me if the Jets rotate Posts, Reds and Clits until Mr. Enstrom returns.

Pretty easy to understand why there going with Clitsome over Redmond, Clitsome had picked his game up and Redmond hasn't looked good in his last 4.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
It seems there are a few others that feel something is wrong with this "core". It was brought up in another thread as well.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
It seems there are a few others that feel something is wrong with this "core". It was brought up in another thread as well.
I dunno - that just sounds like a different way of saying "we are losing and we can't explain why".

Old
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
ssheeran10

Pound the 'Bres into the ground! They're soft and will crumble to a hard fought dump and Chase game! Millsy is guna lose it and boil over tonight! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Closed Thread