HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 04:27 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
Well, got to see Scheifele pot his 30th of the year. Typical Scheifele snipe from the left side face-off dot on a PP.

Unfortunately, it was a pretty "flat" game for Barrie in general. He finished -2 on the night - Fotinos looked pretty shakey. In particular: one goal that was scored only a few seconds after the previous. Bad rebound and puck control led to that goal. Got pulled between the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Wife said she had fun, but I know she's just humouring me. What a keeper she is. One thing I love about CHL (whether WHL or OHL) are the ticket prices - two seats like you see in the pic below, a few beer for the two of us, and $60 all in.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 02-17-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1100
Kosmo scored his 30th this afternoon (EN), also had an assist, and took a checking to the head penalty as well.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63752

Lowrry scored #38, that game is currently in progress...
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/62441

Old
02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
So we have our 30 club.

Certainly a chance for a couple of 40 club members.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:00 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Kosmo scored his 30th this afternoon (EN), also had an assist, and took a checking to the head penalty as well.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63752

Lowrry scored #38, that game is currently in progress...
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/62441
That makes four 30 goal scorers. Go Jets!

Old
02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Lowry finished the game with both of Swift Current's goals in a 5-2 loss; now has 39 on the year.

3rd star.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
So we have our 30 club.

Certainly a chance for a couple of 40 club members.
Lowry's almost a shoe in for 40, and Scheifele might get there. Seasons running out though - I'd be happy if he can continue on his 1.8ppg pace.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Lowry's almost a shoe in for 40, and Scheifele might get there. Seasons running out though - I'd be happy if he can continue on his 1.8ppg pace.
I won't be happy unless he cracks 2.0

Old
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
puck stoppa

40 goals is quite the feat in the WHL, I really hope he can continue to develop. Good for him. This guy is a shoe in to be at least on our third line in two years.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:59 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Lowry finished the game with both of Swift Current's goals in a 5-2 loss; now has 39 on the year.

3rd star.

The last while , I have noticed when SC only scores one or two goals, guess who is involved? Pretty indicative to me when that happens regularly.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I won't be happy unless he cracks 2.0
He's been scoring at a 2.0PPG rate since December. Highly unlikely that he pulls his season long PPG rate above 2, so prepare for disappointment.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:14 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
He's been scoring at a 2.0PPG rate since December. Highly unlikely that he pulls his season long PPG rate above 2, so prepare for disappointment.
Does that mean he is a bust?

Moar 6 point games!

Old
02-18-2013, 05:17 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Does that mean he is a bust?

Moar 6 point games!

They threw up a stinker in Belleville today - 2-0 Bulls. Really sux that Camara's out until the 23rd with a suspension.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Adam Lowry updatery:

Quote:
At night the Broncos welcomed the two teams and their current roster to a banquet that included an awards ceremony for this year's club. Lowry led the way with four awards to his name including the leading scorer, coach's award, leadership award and a split of the king of the road award.

"It's a tremendous honour anytime you have the respect of your coach," Lowry said. "It's something you can be very proud of. I tried to come into this season and tried to be a leader and tried to expand my role. I've been proud of the way I played this year and moving forward I'm going to try to continue playing well and provide the leadership this team needs."
http://www.swiftcurrentonline.com/in...315&Itemid=267
Highlights from the Broncos' 2-1 win over the Pats (Lowry 1G, 1st star)...
http://www.reginapats.com/video/inde...f188849353bc55

Highlights from the 5-2 loss to Kootney (Lowry with both of the Broncos goals)...
http://www.scbroncos.com/video/index...71b9a95d594359

Old
02-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 1300
One of the things I'm interested to see is whether we keep Lowry at C or move him back to LW.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:14 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
One of the things I'm interested to see is whether we keep Lowry at C or move him back to LW.
The IceCaps should have room at centre next year. Hopefully they give him a shot there.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
jetkarma

Sure we will see him at C at the pro prospects camp here this summer.

If you had a choice or preference , you would have him be a C over a W , if he would be as effective in either position imo. I think the plan will be to see if he can handle and produce at C and then let him get some experience there and if needed he can always go back to LW.

He still has 10 or 12 games before hopefully a pretty good playoff run , and then if St.Johns is still playing there is that option and as I have mentioned , depending on how the season unfolds for the Jets , I would not be surprised to see him get his feet wet in the NHL , as a look see.

Maybe our friend Renegade Stylings can add his opinion on C/LW for us .

Old
02-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Huffer

vCash: 758
Quote:
Sure we will see him at C at the pro prospects camp here this summer.

If you had a choice or preference , you would have him be a C over a W , if he would be as effective in either position imo. I think the plan will be to see if he can handle and produce at C and then let him get some experience there and if needed he can always go back to LW.

He still has 10 or 12 games before hopefully a pretty good playoff run , and then if St.Johns is still playing there is that option and as I have mentioned , depending on how the season unfolds for the Jets , I would not be surprised to see him get his feet wet in the NHL , as a look see.

Maybe our friend Renegade Stylings can add his opinion on C/LW for us .
Having a 6'5" C would be a great thing to have. Heck a 6'5" winger would be great, but if he was able to continue to improve his skating and was able to play C, like you said a 6'5" C would be nice.

Looks like the Ice Caps are in tough to make the playoffs, so it might be Memorial Cup or Jets if he's playing this spring. Won't get the chance to play on the Jets if the Bronco's go all the way though.

If the Jets are officially out of it at the end of the season though, it would be interesting to see him play some games.

On another note, what's the status on Telegin?

Old
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Having a 6'5" C would be a great thing to have. Heck a 6'5" winger would be great, but if he was able to continue to improve his skating and was able to play C, like you said a 6'5" C would be nice.

Looks like the Ice Caps are in tough to make the playoffs, so it might be Memorial Cup or Jets if he's playing this spring. Won't get the chance to play on the Jets if the Bronco's go all the way though.

If the Jets are officially out of it at the end of the season though, it would be interesting to see him play some games.

On another note, what's the status on Telegin?

Not entirely sure how the dates line up , but JR playoffs start sooner , therefore depending on well SC does , there may be games left for the Ice Caps. Like you mentioned , I have also said depending on how the Jets are doing , there may be an opportunity for Lowry to get in a few games at the NHL level. That would be a good thing imo , to get his feet wet if the Jets are realistically done.

As for Telegin , I think it was RR that was saying that in the conversations he has had with Keith McCambridge , Telegin's name has never come up this year fwiw. Meaning that it isn't a positive regarding his prospects.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Not entirely sure how the dates line up , but JR playoffs start sooner , therefore depending on well SC does , there may be games left for the Ice Caps. Like you mentioned , I have also said depending on how the Jets are doing , there may be an opportunity for Lowry to get in a few games at the NHL level. That would be a good thing imo , to get his feet wet if the Jets are realistically done.

As for Telegin , I think it was RR that was saying that in the conversations he has had with Keith McCambridge , Telegin's name has never come up this year fwiw. Meaning that it isn't a positive regarding his prospects.
Due to the unknowns about how far the junior team might go, I just looked at the end of the Memorial Cup as a rough guide. It's May 16-26.

The last regular season games of the Jets and Ice Caps are in April.

So lot's of variations there (Bronco's get knocked out early / don't make playoffs, Ice Caps do make the playoffs, Jets are out of it in April, etc).

Too bad about Telegin's year. Hopefully he can bounce back and have a good year next year.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
cbcwpg

Not having followed the ATL/WPG draft picks all that much, I put together a list of the last few years and what they are doing this season. Other than the big name draft picks ( Trouba, Scheifele ) does anyone have any good feelings about any of these guys one day having an impact with the Jets?

Player League GP G A

Ivan Telegin - AHL - 34 - 3 - 7
Julian Melchiori - AHL - 32 - 0 - 4
Yasin Cisse - QMJHL - 21 - 7 - 3
Kendal McFaull - WHL - 58 - 3 - 12
Tanner Lane - WCHA - 25 - 2 - 4
Peter Stoykewych - WCHA - 30 - 1 - 7
Carl Klingberg - AHL - 49 - 9 - 9
Ben Chiarot - AHL - 43 - 1 - 7
Cody Sol - AHL 10 - 0 - 1
Jimmy Bubnick - CWUAA - 26 - 11 - 13
Spencer Machacek - AHL - 50 - 10 - 13
John Albert - AHL - 23 - 3 - 2
Scott Kosmachuk - OHL - 56 - 30 - 25
Ryan Olsen - WHL - 58 - 30 - 23
Lukas Sutter - WHL - 59 - 12 - 8
Adam Lowry - WHL - 60 - 39 - 38
Brennan Serville - CCHA - 20 - 1 - 0
Zach Yuen - WHL - 57 - 5 - 26
Austen Brassard - OHL 49 - 10 - 14
Aaron Harstad - WCHA - 21 - 1 - 3

Old
02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Not having followed the ATL/WPG draft picks all that much, I put together a list of the last few years and what they are doing this season. Other than the big name draft picks ( Trouba, Scheifele ) does anyone have any good feelings about any of these guys one day having an impact with the Jets?

Player League GP G A

Ivan Telegin - AHL - 34 - 3 - 7
Julian Melchiori - AHL - 32 - 0 - 4
Yasin Cisse - QMJHL - 21 - 7 - 3
Kendal McFaull - WHL - 58 - 3 - 12
Tanner Lane - WCHA - 25 - 2 - 4
Peter Stoykewych - WCHA - 30 - 1 - 7
Carl Klingberg - AHL - 49 - 9 - 9
Ben Chiarot - AHL - 43 - 1 - 7
Cody Sol - AHL 10 - 0 - 1
Jimmy Bubnick - CWUAA - 26 - 11 - 13
Spencer Machacek - AHL - 50 - 10 - 13
John Albert - AHL - 23 - 3 - 2
Scott Kosmachuk - OHL - 56 - 30 - 25
Ryan Olsen - WHL - 58 - 30 - 23
Lukas Sutter - WHL - 59 - 12 - 8
Adam Lowry - WHL - 60 - 39 - 38
Brennan Serville - CCHA - 20 - 1 - 0
Zach Yuen - WHL - 57 - 5 - 26
Austen Brassard - OHL 49 - 10 - 14
Aaron Harstad - WCHA - 21 - 1 - 3
I think we here are pretty high on Lowry. So I would put him 1st on that list.

After that you have Telegin who seemed like he was progressing in his last junior year, but from the sounds of it has had a bad season in the AHL. He'll need to turn it around but could still have a shot some day. Kosmachuk, Olsen, and Sutter are the only other forwards who I think have shots at some point down the road.

On D I would say only Melchiori and Yuen look like possibilities on that list. And not at a high probability level either.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I heard McCambridge commenting on Telegin in an interview on H & L and his feelings echoed Zingers (from an H & L interview I heard as well). Ivan has NHL level skill set (speed and shot) but when he arrived in St John's he was use to playing a rover style and basically had to learn positional play from scratch. Ivan has also had to endure lost time due to a head injury this season.

My hopes are that next season he takes a big step forward and after taking one step back this past season to learn how to be a pro he takes two steps forward and begins to assert himself with his speed and skill. Only time will tell I guess.

honestly I want to see live for myself what he can do in the prospects camp, at the main training camp, and in some exibition games.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:29 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I heard McCambridge commenting on Telegin in an interview on H & L and his feelings echoed Zingers (from an H & L interview I heard as well). Ivan has NHL level skill set (speed and shot) but when he arrived in St John's he was use to playing a rover style and basically had to learn positional play from scratch. Ivan has also had to endure lost time due to a head injury this season.

My hopes are that next season he takes a big step forward and after taking one step back this past season to learn how to be a pro he takes two steps forward and begins to assert himself with his speed and skill. Only time will tell I guess.

honestly I want to see live for myself what he can do in the prospects camp, at the main training camp, and in some exibition games.
It's frustrating to watch / listen to what he's going through in the AHL - watching him live last year, he was quite something: speed, and a pretty lethal shot. I do hope that he can turn it around next year, and have better luck regarding injuries...

Old
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's frustrating to watch / listen to what he's going through in the AHL - watching him live last year, he was quite something: speed, and a pretty lethal shot. I do hope that he can turn it around next year, and have better luck regarding injuries...
The only game I saw the Ice Caps in this year I thought Telegin looked really fast and not bad at all. Very very small sample size but there is still hope for him if he can put the issue with his head injury behind him.

even for 15 games I would like to see:

(LW) Lowry (C) Scheifele (RW) Telegin

now that is a blend of speed, grit, and skill

Old
02-19-2013, 03:45 PM
JetsHomer

Lowry/Telegin/Kosmachuk/Yuen and Olsen all have good NHL potential.

Closed Thread