HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Bench
Realgud!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
JBo's stock has gone up hasn't it??
I'm not sure. He's just an example of the type of guy I feel Holland might take a big swing with to get the team back on track.

Other examples would be Jack Johnson, Mike Green, maybe Coburn. That type of guy who is a kinda #1, kinda not on struggling teams that might sell near the deadline if somebody wants to pay up.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:25 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I'm not sure. He's just an example of the type of guy I feel Holland might take a big swing with to get the team back on track.

Other examples would be Jack Johnson, Mike Green, maybe Coburn. That type of guy who is a kinda #1, kinda not on struggling teams that might sell near the deadline if somebody wants to pay up.
We should swap some blueliners with Philidelphia. They need more puck movers and we need some more stay at home/ reliable guys.

Something around Coburn for Quincey +(times infinite, I'm sure. I doubt Flyers would want to move him at all).

Old
02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
djdan6215

available defense

everybody said that we need a good defense players these guys are available in the rumours which one of these players you would want to have with the wings if you have the choice and against who ???

jay bowmeester
jonathan blum
tomas kaberle
mark streit
ryan whitney
marc andre bergeron
mike komisarek
roman hamrlik
ron hainsey
anton babchuk
robyn regehr
joe corvo

Last edited by djdan6215: 02-17-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 08:33 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
everybody said that we need a good defense players these guys are available in the rumours which one of these players you would want to have with the wings if you have the choice and against who ???

jay bowmeester
jonathan blum
tomas kaberle
mark streit
ryan whitney
marc andre bergeron
mike komisarek
roman hamrlik
If we can't get all of them, Plan B should be to get any one of them.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

jay bowmeester -- really solid two-way D. Can skate. But soft. and lefty.
jonathan blum - If he's available, sure.
tomas kaberle -- Puck moving D. Don't really see this one. Health scratch in Montreal
mark streit - Small puck moving D Lefty. Don't see it.
ryan whitney -- Youngish, but having injury troubles and never was fast. Don't see it.
marc andre bergeron -- Way small undersized defenseman. Also a lefty
mike komisarek -- Health scratch in Toronto. Long injury history.
roman hamrlik --38. No thanks.

I see Bouwmeester as the best player, but he'll cost a lot. And I'm not sure how much he really helps.
Komisarek, IMO, is the best fit, even if he has slipped. He's big. he's a righty. He hits. But unfortunately, his game has slipped. Injuries have taken their toll.
Blum - not sure why Nashville would trade him.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Worth noting - the Wings' schedule has been buttery soft so far and gets absolutely filthy very shortly:

-The Wings have played ZERO West Coast road games this season. Today's game in Minny was the farthest West they've been.
-The Wings have five more separate West Coast road trips left to play.
-The Wings have 13 more West Coast road games to play, and one of those road trips also includes stops in Nashville and Chicago.
-The Wings have four to play against Nashville, three to play against Chicago, San Jose and Vancouver, and two to play against Anaheim.

This schedule is a buzzsaw. There's one more berry patch in early March where they play home against Colorado and Edmonton, a home and home with the Jackets, and then at Calgary and Edmonton. After that, they have 11 of 19 remaining games on the road with most of them coming on long West Coast trips.

My point is, if the schedule is any indication, things are only going to get worse for this team. Even if they can manage to get healthy, they'll be bringing fresh meat in to get ground up by that schedule. By the time the deadline rolls around, they could be really far from a playoff spot.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post

jay bowmeester
jonathan blum
tomas kaberle
mark streit
ryan whitney
marc andre bergeron
mike komisarek
roman hamrlik
the morons of the HF hockey world will tell you how jaybo isnt worth squat, how he is overpaid, underperforms, blah, blah, blah.

its quite possible 95% of pro athletes are overpaid so that arguement is thrown out right off the bat

jaybo is not lidstrom but he is much better then kronwall, always has been, always will be. he is isnt a physical punishing dman which is good for us as the DRW are allerigic to said players. He is a smooth skating, puck moving dman, who never ever gets hurt and year in year out is top 5 in minutes played per game, meaning that, he is capable to log the tough minutes and eat them up game in and game out.

jaybo hands down and it isnt even close, our problem is, we dont have the assets to give up to get him

Old
02-17-2013, 09:34 PM
tommymac
Rookie User

Could well be a seller's market at deadline if the truncated regular season provides little separation and most teams are still in playoff hunt. If Wings are sitting seventh or eighth in west do they opt to trade youngsters for vets or go opposite route and try to acquire more younger players/picks. Red Wings fan in Connecticut, by the way. Just joined HF boards.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Worth noting - the Wings' schedule has been buttery soft so far and gets absolutely filthy very shortly:

-The Wings have played ZERO West Coast road games this season. Today's game in Minny was the farthest West they've been.
-The Wings have five more separate West Coast road trips left to play.
-The Wings have 13 more West Coast road games to play, and one of those road trips also includes stops in Nashville and Chicago.
-The Wings have four to play against Nashville, three to play against Chicago, San Jose and Vancouver, and two to play against Anaheim.

This schedule is a buzzsaw. There's one more berry patch in early March where they play home against Colorado and Edmonton, a home and home with the Jackets, and then at Calgary and Edmonton. After that, they have 11 of 19 remaining games on the road with most of them coming on long West Coast trips.

My point is, if the schedule is any indication, things are only going to get worse for this team. Even if they can manage to get healthy, they'll be bringing fresh meat in to get ground up by that schedule. By the time the deadline rolls around, they could be really far from a playoff spot.
I hadn't looked at the schedule, but in the back of my mind I've been thinking that the Wings haven't exactly faced a murderer's row of a start to the season. So yeah, they've had a ton of injuries, but that should be somewhat balanced out by occurring during the easier part of the schedule.

Hey, at least we are saving up all of our road PP goals for the upcoming away games, right?!

Old
02-17-2013, 09:47 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I don't believe there will be many teams "far from the playoffs" by the time the deadline rolls around. That means lots of buyers and very few sellers.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:14 PM
tommymac
Rookie User

Exactly. There could be more buyers than sellers, making it a seller's market.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I don't believe there will be many teams "far from the playoffs" by the time the deadline rolls around. That means lots of buyers and very few sellers.
Wouldn't be a bad time to unload Quincey while getting a nice return...

02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Wouldn't be a bad time to unload Quincey while getting a nice return...
Or the rest of our totally usele......err useful bottom 6ers and vets. If they keep limiting Q's IT he'll look halfway decent and we might get our 1st back.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Spitfire11

They should swap Filppula for Clowe+pick. Both are pending UFA and both teams could use a shakeup. They would also seem to fill team needs too.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:37 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Playoffs or not...

It's be happy to dump any of the following:

Cleary
Sammy
Bert
Miller
Eaves
White
Quincey
Colaiacovo
Huskins

Trade them all for 4th rounders or waive them. I don't care.

Without those guys:

Franzen Zetterberg Brunner
Flip Datsyuk Nyquist
Tatar Helm Tootoo
Abdelkader Emmerton Ferraro

------Is that group of forwards much worse than our current group?-----------------

Defense is tougher...

Kronwall Ericsson
Smith Kindl
Almqvist Lashoff
----------------------
Obviously a drop off, but whatever

I think the other thing that we're seeing is this:
We can not and should not overpay Jimmy Howard or Valtteri Filppula
I like the idea of promoting someone like Ferraro but that D-corps looks absolutely brutal.

I agree with your forward lineup (I'd actually replace Emmerton with Andersson or Sheahan).

But those defensive pairings are awful.

Lashoff is not a top 4 defenseman IMO let alone a top pairing defenseman. Kindl has shown signs of improvement but still makes those glaring mistakes. Kronwall makes me want to go on a killing spree but he's the closest we've got to a top pairing defenseman.

This offseason I'd go for either Douglas Murray or Robyn Regehr. Both are solid defensive defenseman without being elite. They could be signed for a good deal.

I'd want to keep White, we need a RH defenseman. I'd keep Lashoff as the 7th defenseman (third pairing only) or sign a depth defenseman (like Hannan or Huskins) for one year. Trade either Quincey or Kindl for a pick or in a package.

Kronwall - Murray
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl - White
Lashoff

Kronner, Murray, Ericsson, Smith/Kindl, Lashoff on the PK
Kronner, Smith, Kindl, White on the PP

Old
02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

I wonder what exactly the Flames were demanding for JayBow this offseason. There were serious talks, but we never seem to get the details on pricing. Disappointing we couldn't get him, as he looks really good now, not to mention the Flames could actually nab a playoff spot... They'll be in that playoff limbo spot where they won't sell because they, in theory, COULD make the playoffs but likely won't. Oh well... At this point all you have is baseless speculation on what went on.

On another note... Andrej Sustr. Not exactly a trade target, but I'm interested in opinions. Huge guy, and with his frame I can't imagine he won't develop into a solid two-way game. Babcock scouted him personally before the season.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:28 PM
RedWinger10

One thing for sure is this team NEEDS a shakeup! Weather that come in the form of a trade, or benching the under performers (Sammy, Cleary, Kronwall) for a few games and playing some young, eager, talent. Something needs to be done!

Old
02-18-2013, 02:31 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I wonder what exactly the Flames were demanding for JayBow this offseason. There were serious talks, but we never seem to get the details on pricing. Disappointing we couldn't get him, as he looks really good now, not to mention the Flames could actually nab a playoff spot... They'll be in that playoff limbo spot where they won't sell because they, in theory, COULD make the playoffs but likely won't. Oh well... At this point all you have is baseless speculation on what went on.

On another note... Andrej Sustr. Not exactly a trade target, but I'm interested in opinions. Huge guy, and with his frame I can't imagine he won't develop into a solid two-way game. Babcock scouted him personally before the season.
Jay Feaster is one of the dumbest GM's in the NHL. His demands were probably ludicrous.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Jay Feaster is one of the dumbest GM's in the NHL. His demands were probably ludicrous.
to be fair, jaybo is quite likely worth more then any current red wing player/prospect apart from datsyuk and zetterberg

Old
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
to be fair, jaybo is quite likely worth more then any current red wing player/prospect apart from datsyuk and zetterberg
His contract brings his value way way down.
Calgary isn't going to deal him unless Feaster comes to his senses and does a full scale rebuild.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
His contract brings his value way way down.
Calgary isn't going to deal him unless Feaster comes to his senses and does a full scale rebuild.
2 years at 6.8 million cap hit really isnt that bad

his next deal wont be that high and yet he will be just 32 years old at that time, if the DRW ever hope to land another 30 minute a night top pairing dman it will unquestionably cost us at least 6.5 million a year and 99% likely, for more then just two seasons

Old
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Can't blame GMKH for not trying.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:21 PM
TeemuS

would be nice to see Clarke McArthur in RW.
or some not likely to happen:
giroux? in 2014-15 he became RFA
or Getz and perry?

Old
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
what is this article even suppossed to mean?

i would suggest with absolute certainity that all 30 NHL GM's have been "in the hunt" for improvements since, well, the day they took the job.

words are meaningless

of course guys like Yandle wont be cheap, talent is not suppossed to come cheap

if we dont have the talent to make a good trade happen(if we're in fact looking) that in itself speaks more profoundly then some article that suggesst pro sports GM's look for ways to improve their rosters...

Old
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
joe89

Quote:
Looking for secondary scoring doesn't make much sense and I'll believe it if I see it. By my count we have two top first line forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg. Three top six forwards: Franzen, Filppula and Brunner. We have four 3rd liners/scoring pluggers: Bert, Helm, Sammy, Tatar. What this team needs is another player to slot into the Datsyuk/Zetterberg category, a true first line winger. What we don't need is yet another player to slot into the Sammy category.

Also, that article could just as easily been written in the summer.

Closed Thread