HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 08:22 PM
  #226
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
JBo's stock has gone up hasn't it??
I'm not sure. He's just an example of the type of guy I feel Holland might take a big swing with to get the team back on track.

Other examples would be Jack Johnson, Mike Green, maybe Coburn. That type of guy who is a kinda #1, kinda not on struggling teams that might sell near the deadline if somebody wants to pay up.

Bench is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:25 PM
  #227
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,132
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I'm not sure. He's just an example of the type of guy I feel Holland might take a big swing with to get the team back on track.

Other examples would be Jack Johnson, Mike Green, maybe Coburn. That type of guy who is a kinda #1, kinda not on struggling teams that might sell near the deadline if somebody wants to pay up.
We should swap some blueliners with Philidelphia. They need more puck movers and we need some more stay at home/ reliable guys.

Something around Coburn for Quincey +(times infinite, I'm sure. I doubt Flyers would want to move him at all).

P U L L H A R D is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
  #228
djdan6215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
available defense

everybody said that we need a good defense players these guys are available in the rumours which one of these players you would want to have with the wings if you have the choice and against who ???

jay bowmeester
jonathan blum
tomas kaberle
mark streit
ryan whitney
marc andre bergeron
mike komisarek
roman hamrlik
ron hainsey
anton babchuk
robyn regehr
joe corvo


Last edited by djdan6215: 02-17-2013 at 09:54 PM.
djdan6215 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:33 PM
  #229
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
everybody said that we need a good defense players these guys are available in the rumours which one of these players you would want to have with the wings if you have the choice and against who ???

jay bowmeester
jonathan blum
tomas kaberle
mark streit
ryan whitney
marc andre bergeron
mike komisarek
roman hamrlik
If we can't get all of them, Plan B should be to get any one of them.

SoupGuru is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
  #230
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
jay bowmeester -- really solid two-way D. Can skate. But soft. and lefty.
jonathan blum - If he's available, sure.
tomas kaberle -- Puck moving D. Don't really see this one. Health scratch in Montreal
mark streit - Small puck moving D Lefty. Don't see it.
ryan whitney -- Youngish, but having injury troubles and never was fast. Don't see it.
marc andre bergeron -- Way small undersized defenseman. Also a lefty
mike komisarek -- Health scratch in Toronto. Long injury history.
roman hamrlik --38. No thanks.


I see Bouwmeester as the best player, but he'll cost a lot. And I'm not sure how much he really helps.
Komisarek, IMO, is the best fit, even if he has slipped. He's big. he's a righty. He hits. But unfortunately, his game has slipped. Injuries have taken their toll.
Blum - not sure why Nashville would trade him.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
  #231
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Worth noting - the Wings' schedule has been buttery soft so far and gets absolutely filthy very shortly:

-The Wings have played ZERO West Coast road games this season. Today's game in Minny was the farthest West they've been.
-The Wings have five more separate West Coast road trips left to play.
-The Wings have 13 more West Coast road games to play, and one of those road trips also includes stops in Nashville and Chicago.
-The Wings have four to play against Nashville, three to play against Chicago, San Jose and Vancouver, and two to play against Anaheim.

This schedule is a buzzsaw. There's one more berry patch in early March where they play home against Colorado and Edmonton, a home and home with the Jackets, and then at Calgary and Edmonton. After that, they have 11 of 19 remaining games on the road with most of them coming on long West Coast trips.

My point is, if the schedule is any indication, things are only going to get worse for this team. Even if they can manage to get healthy, they'll be bringing fresh meat in to get ground up by that schedule. By the time the deadline rolls around, they could be really far from a playoff spot.

sarcastro is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
  #232
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
everybody said that we need a good defense players these guys are available in the rumours which one of these players you would want to have with the wings if you have the choice and against who ???

jay bowmeester
jonathan blum
tomas kaberle
mark streit
ryan whitney
marc andre bergeron
mike komisarek
roman hamrlik
the morons of the HF hockey world will tell you how jaybo isnt worth squat, how he is overpaid, underperforms, blah, blah, blah.

its quite possible 95% of pro athletes are overpaid so that arguement is thrown out right off the bat

jaybo is not lidstrom but he is much better then kronwall, always has been, always will be. he is isnt a physical punishing dman which is good for us as the DRW are allerigic to said players. He is a smooth skating, puck moving dman, who never ever gets hurt and year in year out is top 5 in minutes played per game, meaning that, he is capable to log the tough minutes and eat them up game in and game out.

jaybo hands down and it isnt even close, our problem is, we dont have the assets to give up to get him

Zetterberg4Captain is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:34 PM
  #233
tommymac
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Could well be a seller's market at deadline if the truncated regular season provides little separation and most teams are still in playoff hunt. If Wings are sitting seventh or eighth in west do they opt to trade youngsters for vets or go opposite route and try to acquire more younger players/picks. Red Wings fan in Connecticut, by the way. Just joined HF boards.

tommymac is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
  #234
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Worth noting - the Wings' schedule has been buttery soft so far and gets absolutely filthy very shortly:

-The Wings have played ZERO West Coast road games this season. Today's game in Minny was the farthest West they've been.
-The Wings have five more separate West Coast road trips left to play.
-The Wings have 13 more West Coast road games to play, and one of those road trips also includes stops in Nashville and Chicago.
-The Wings have four to play against Nashville, three to play against Chicago, San Jose and Vancouver, and two to play against Anaheim.

This schedule is a buzzsaw. There's one more berry patch in early March where they play home against Colorado and Edmonton, a home and home with the Jackets, and then at Calgary and Edmonton. After that, they have 11 of 19 remaining games on the road with most of them coming on long West Coast trips.

My point is, if the schedule is any indication, things are only going to get worse for this team. Even if they can manage to get healthy, they'll be bringing fresh meat in to get ground up by that schedule. By the time the deadline rolls around, they could be really far from a playoff spot.
I hadn't looked at the schedule, but in the back of my mind I've been thinking that the Wings haven't exactly faced a murderer's row of a start to the season. So yeah, they've had a ton of injuries, but that should be somewhat balanced out by occurring during the easier part of the schedule.

Hey, at least we are saving up all of our road PP goals for the upcoming away games, right?!

Brick Top is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:47 PM
  #235
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
I don't believe there will be many teams "far from the playoffs" by the time the deadline rolls around. That means lots of buyers and very few sellers.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:14 PM
  #236
tommymac
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Exactly. There could be more buyers than sellers, making it a seller's market.

tommymac is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:20 PM
  #237
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,847
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I don't believe there will be many teams "far from the playoffs" by the time the deadline rolls around. That means lots of buyers and very few sellers.
Wouldn't be a bad time to unload Quincey while getting a nice return...

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
  #238
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Wouldn't be a bad time to unload Quincey while getting a nice return...
Or the rest of our totally usele......err useful bottom 6ers and vets. If they keep limiting Q's IT he'll look halfway decent and we might get our 1st back.

Jurky is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:00 AM
  #239
Spitfire11
Registered User
 
Spitfire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,531
vCash: 500
They should swap Filppula for Clowe+pick. Both are pending UFA and both teams could use a shakeup. They would also seem to fill team needs too.

Spitfire11 is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:37 AM
  #240
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Playoffs or not...

It's be happy to dump any of the following:

Cleary
Sammy
Bert
Miller
Eaves
White
Quincey
Colaiacovo
Huskins

Trade them all for 4th rounders or waive them. I don't care.

Without those guys:

Franzen Zetterberg Brunner
Flip Datsyuk Nyquist
Tatar Helm Tootoo
Abdelkader Emmerton Ferraro

------Is that group of forwards much worse than our current group?-----------------

Defense is tougher...

Kronwall Ericsson
Smith Kindl
Almqvist Lashoff
----------------------
Obviously a drop off, but whatever

I think the other thing that we're seeing is this:
We can not and should not overpay Jimmy Howard or Valtteri Filppula
I like the idea of promoting someone like Ferraro but that D-corps looks absolutely brutal.

I agree with your forward lineup (I'd actually replace Emmerton with Andersson or Sheahan).

But those defensive pairings are awful.

Lashoff is not a top 4 defenseman IMO let alone a top pairing defenseman. Kindl has shown signs of improvement but still makes those glaring mistakes. Kronwall makes me want to go on a killing spree but he's the closest we've got to a top pairing defenseman.

This offseason I'd go for either Douglas Murray or Robyn Regehr. Both are solid defensive defenseman without being elite. They could be signed for a good deal.

I'd want to keep White, we need a RH defenseman. I'd keep Lashoff as the 7th defenseman (third pairing only) or sign a depth defenseman (like Hannan or Huskins) for one year. Trade either Quincey or Kindl for a pick or in a package.

Kronwall - Murray
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl - White
Lashoff

Kronner, Murray, Ericsson, Smith/Kindl, Lashoff on the PK
Kronner, Smith, Kindl, White on the PP

ProPAIN is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
  #241
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
I wonder what exactly the Flames were demanding for JayBow this offseason. There were serious talks, but we never seem to get the details on pricing. Disappointing we couldn't get him, as he looks really good now, not to mention the Flames could actually nab a playoff spot... They'll be in that playoff limbo spot where they won't sell because they, in theory, COULD make the playoffs but likely won't. Oh well... At this point all you have is baseless speculation on what went on.


On another note... Andrej Sustr. Not exactly a trade target, but I'm interested in opinions. Huge guy, and with his frame I can't imagine he won't develop into a solid two-way game. Babcock scouted him personally before the season.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 02:28 PM
  #242
RedWinger10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
One thing for sure is this team NEEDS a shakeup! Weather that come in the form of a trade, or benching the under performers (Sammy, Cleary, Kronwall) for a few games and playing some young, eager, talent. Something needs to be done!

RedWinger10 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 02:31 PM
  #243
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I wonder what exactly the Flames were demanding for JayBow this offseason. There were serious talks, but we never seem to get the details on pricing. Disappointing we couldn't get him, as he looks really good now, not to mention the Flames could actually nab a playoff spot... They'll be in that playoff limbo spot where they won't sell because they, in theory, COULD make the playoffs but likely won't. Oh well... At this point all you have is baseless speculation on what went on.


On another note... Andrej Sustr. Not exactly a trade target, but I'm interested in opinions. Huge guy, and with his frame I can't imagine he won't develop into a solid two-way game. Babcock scouted him personally before the season.
Jay Feaster is one of the dumbest GM's in the NHL. His demands were probably ludicrous.

WingedWheel1987 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  #244
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Jay Feaster is one of the dumbest GM's in the NHL. His demands were probably ludicrous.
to be fair, jaybo is quite likely worth more then any current red wing player/prospect apart from datsyuk and zetterberg

Zetterberg4Captain is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
  #245
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
to be fair, jaybo is quite likely worth more then any current red wing player/prospect apart from datsyuk and zetterberg
His contract brings his value way way down.
Calgary isn't going to deal him unless Feaster comes to his senses and does a full scale rebuild.

Jurky is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 02:19 PM
  #246
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
His contract brings his value way way down.
Calgary isn't going to deal him unless Feaster comes to his senses and does a full scale rebuild.
2 years at 6.8 million cap hit really isnt that bad

his next deal wont be that high and yet he will be just 32 years old at that time, if the DRW ever hope to land another 30 minute a night top pairing dman it will unquestionably cost us at least 6.5 million a year and 99% likely, for more then just two seasons

Zetterberg4Captain is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
  #247
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Can't blame GMKH for not trying.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:21 PM
  #248
TeemuS
Registered User
 
TeemuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
would be nice to see Clarke McArthur in RW.
or some not likely to happen:
giroux? in 2014-15 he became RFA
or Getz and perry?

TeemuS is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
  #249
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
what is this article even suppossed to mean?

i would suggest with absolute certainity that all 30 NHL GM's have been "in the hunt" for improvements since, well, the day they took the job.

words are meaningless

of course guys like Yandle wont be cheap, talent is not suppossed to come cheap

if we dont have the talent to make a good trade happen(if we're in fact looking) that in itself speaks more profoundly then some article that suggesst pro sports GM's look for ways to improve their rosters...

Zetterberg4Captain is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
  #250
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Looking for secondary scoring doesn't make much sense and I'll believe it if I see it. By my count we have two top first line forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg. Three top six forwards: Franzen, Filppula and Brunner. We have four 3rd liners/scoring pluggers: Bert, Helm, Sammy, Tatar. What this team needs is another player to slot into the Datsyuk/Zetterberg category, a true first line winger. What we don't need is yet another player to slot into the Sammy category.

Also, that article could just as easily been written in the summer.

joe89 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.