HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
  #51
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Btw the hawks are not the best team in the league top 3 maybe but best no.

I doubt they are winning the president this year.

The pens are better than the hawks.

It's like saying the habs are the second best team in the east which they aren't.
1. 12-0-3

2. Who gives a **** about the President's trophy?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:09 PM
  #52
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
1. 12-0-3

2. Who gives a **** about the President's trophy?
You have the best record right now but not the best team. It's not the same.

Anyway i don't want to start a war it just bugs me when you say something like best team in the world.

The pens are better than the hawks no doubt.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:10 PM
  #53
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
You have the best record right now but not the best team. It's not the same.

Anyway i don't want to start a war it just bugs me when you say something like best team in the world.

The pens are better than the hawks no doubt.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:10 AM
  #54
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
You have the best record right now but not the best team. It's not the same.

Anyway i don't want to start a war it just bugs me when you say something like best team in the world.

The pens are better than the hawks no doubt.
Right now, the Chicago Blackhawks are the best team in the NHL. It is irrefutable. They've been the most consistent, are in the top-3 in offense and have given up the fewest GA per game in the league - in other words, are the top defensive team in the league.

Maybe they'll fall off the map.. maybe they won't - but at this point in time, Chicago is the best team in the NHL.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:56 AM
  #55
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
that's true and stats prove. Haven't lost in regulation, Top3 O and best D. Almost no holes.

Pens have Crosby and Malkin...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:14 AM
  #56
greenstickytoes
Registered User
 
greenstickytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
how about

to Chicago
- Eller
- 2nd rounder

to Montreal
- Carcillo
- Kruger

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:31 AM
  #57
Slick Eller
Registered User
 
Slick Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Laurentides
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Kruger isn't better than Eller. What the heck you guys are smoking. Chicago is by far my fav non Habs team, its the only Western Conference team that I've been watching this year.

First of all, Eller is big, 6"2 209pounds, added tons of muscle this year, he is way more implicated physically than Kruger. I don't have the stats but I haven't seen Kruger hitting people on the forecheck, something Eller does this year, he hits and it shows he added weight. Kruger is undersized, Eller is better at protecting the puck along the board, at carrying it into the offensive zone.

Eller is also more effective on the draw 51.8% against 43%. And over the top, Eller show more raw skills and upside than Kruger.

Kruger is a good player for Chicago right now, he gets the job done, good bottom-6 player, but I don't see him having nearly the career Eller will in this league. Way more qualities and upside around Eller's game than Kruger.

Yep, I have Eller in my username, so I might sound biased, but thats an honest opinion. Feel free to search my post history about Eller, no man crush whatsoever. I was listening to some Slick Rick while registering, made the account and Eller had like only one goal with the Habs.

As for the proposal itself. I just don't see any reason for the Hawks for moving TT right now. They need a good prospect like that offensively in the pipeline. Kane, Toews, Hossa and Sharp, all great offensive talent but you never know how quick a player can decline sometime. I was high on TT before the draft and I still think he should have gone in the top-10 easily. Trevor Timmins was very high on him.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:08 AM
  #58
Spectra
Registered boozer
 
Spectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Even that doesn't make any sense from a Chicago POV. Is Eller a significant improvement on either Shaw or Kruger? Not at the moment, especially with the way Shaw and Kruger have been playing.. so what would the point be in acquring him?

Chicago would need a definite upgrade on what they have at centre, right now, to move a Danault or a McNeill.. Eller, at this point, isn't that guy. Maybe he ends up being a better player than Shaw or Kruger, but he's not at the moment.
Eller is a top 12 forward on the Hawks, no doubt. I like Danault as a prospect but this trade is about this season and Eller would make the team better. Now, is he what we need? Maybe not, but in the context of this thread this is a trade I might do.

That said, I'd rather package Danault with something else and get a real game changer at the deadline for the Cup run.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:31 AM
  #59
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Eller View Post
Kruger isn't better than Eller. What the heck you guys are smoking. Chicago is by far my fav non Habs team, its the only Western Conference team that I've been watching this year.
says the Habs fan with said player in his username

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:08 AM
  #60
SnapVirus
Registered User
 
SnapVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mtl., QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Eller>Kruger.

Thats why we wont trade u Eller.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:20 AM
  #61
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
You have the best record right now but not the best team. It's not the same.

Anyway i don't want to start a war it just bugs me when you say something like best team in the world.

The pens are better than the hawks no doubt.
TSN thought that last year too. Need I mention how that turned out?

FYI, I'm a Nucks fan and I'll agree the Hawks are the best team and will likely remain the best at season's end.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:27 AM
  #62
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
This is pointless from a habs point of view.

To be honest though, the habs and Blackhawks make good trading partners, but if someone were to be traded it would probably be plekanec going.


Last edited by Aceekay: 02-19-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
  #63
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Eller View Post
First of all, Eller is big, 6"2 209pounds, added tons of muscle this year, he is way more implicated physically than Kruger. I don't have the stats but I haven't seen Kruger hitting people on the forecheck, something Eller does this year, he hits and it shows he added weight. Kruger is undersized, Eller is better at protecting the puck along the board, at carrying it into the offensive zone.
Eller is bigger, no argument there, and throws his body around more than Kruger. But to say that he is better at protecting the puck along the boards and carrying it into the offensive zone is simply your opinion, not a fact. Kruger is actually quite good, especially considering his size, at shielding the puck, and has enough skill to enter the offensive zone with ease. To say Eller is definitely better at those two things is pure conjecture.

Quote:
Eller is also more effective on the draw 51.8% against 43%. And over the top, Eller show more raw skills and upside than Kruger.
No argument regarding faceoffs. Kruger has to be better at the dot. Although, it is fair to point out that Kruger takes a lot of important draws (I would argue far more than he should be taking considering we have Toews), so he is often taking draws against the opponent's best faceoff man. As for the second part, again complete conjecture on your part.

Quote:
Kruger is a good player for Chicago right now, he gets the job done, good bottom-6 player, but I don't see him having nearly the career Eller will in this league. Way more qualities and upside around Eller's game than Kruger.
More specifically, Kruger has been a very important part of the best team in the league. To the second part, once again, completely opinion on your part with nothing to back it up.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
  #64
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
We'll just agree to disagree then.

If the Pens are in beast mode nobody can stop them.

An the hawks would have to add to krueger a good pick or a prospect just to make Bergevin think about the deal.

Ask around the league which player holds more value between Eller and Krueger i think it's not even a question.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:06 PM
  #65
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Right now, the Chicago Blackhawks are the best team in the NHL. It is irrefutable. They've been the most consistent, are in the top-3 in offense and have given up the fewest GA per game in the league - in other words, are the top defensive team in the league.

Maybe they'll fall off the map.. maybe they won't - but at this point in time, Chicago is the best team in the NHL.
Not to mention that they have had by far the toughest schedule to start the season.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
  #66
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
We'll just agree to disagree then.

If the Pens are in beast mode nobody can stop them.

An the hawks would have to add to krueger a good pick or a prospect just to make Bergevin think about the deal.

Ask around the league which player holds more value between Eller and Krueger i think it's not even a question.
We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

If the Hawks are in beast mode, nobody can stop them.

An the habs would have to add to Eheller a good pick or a prospect just to make Bowman think about the deal.

Ask around the league which player holds more value between Eheller and Kruger i think it's not even a question.

Seewhatididthere?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:50 PM
  #67
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

If the Hawks are in beast mode, nobody can stop them.

An the habs would have to add to Eheller a good pick or a prospect just to make Bowman think about the deal.

Ask around the league which player holds more value between Eheller and Kruger i think it's not even a question.

Seewhatididthere?
I saw you made a major mistake in Eller's name that's about it.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
  #68
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I saw you made a major mistake in Eller's name that's about it.
That was a point of the post.. but I don't quite think you saw whatididthere.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
  #69
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Funny thing i like the hawks a lot better then the pens probably my 3rd best team in the league after the habs and ducks. I love Toews and Hossa as players.

But it's just my opinion i don't hold the truth everyone is entitled to have his opinion.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  #70
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,150
vCash: 50
So we trade a similar player on his way up for one leveling out and have to throw in one of our elite prospects for a couple 2nds?

The answer is no.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:18 PM
  #71
Callidusblackhawk
Registered User
 
Callidusblackhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
IMO the only way the habs are getting TT is if the Hawks are getting Plekanec (not a one for one trade). Anything else just seems pointless from the Hawks point of view. Didn't we have like a million of these threads over the summer?

Callidusblackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:50 PM
  #72
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I was responding to a poster who was implying that Eller wouldn't fetch much in the market, something I disagree with. Maybe he's not a good fit in Chicago but elsewhere I think we could get either a good roster player, an NHL ready prospect or picks. Someone like Phoenix makes sense to me.

I think Chicago would most likely be interested in Plekanec because it's all about the here and the next couple of years and I'd rather trade Pleks, tbh.
Hopefully you are not the habs gm, plekanec >>> eller, I highly doubt that eller will become a second center one day, at best a third. You know why Eller is playing that good right now ? Because he play on our fourth line and this is where he is good.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:13 PM
  #73
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Hopefully you are not the habs gm, plekanec >>> eller, I highly doubt that eller will become a second center one day, at best a third. You know why Eller is playing that good right now ? Because he play on our fourth line and this is where he is good.
Nope Eller plays on all lines and is a lot better with good wingers than with grinders.

It's hard to value his real value because Therrien ask him to play a shutdown role which he does nicely. But he is arguably the best puck handler along with desharnais and Galchenyuk in our forwards.

When he is on he doesn't lose a single puck battle and goes in just about every corner he can get.

I wouldn't trade Eller except for a major offer, and i would trade Plekanec before if we are out of the playoff picture and rebuilding.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
  #74
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Nope Eller plays on all lines and is a lot better with good wingers than with grinders.

It's hard to value his real value because Therrien ask him to play a shutdown role which he does nicely. But he is arguably the best puck handler along with desharnais and Galchenyuk in our forwards.

When he is on he doesn't lose a single puck battle and goes in just about every corner he can get.

I wouldn't trade Eller except for a major offer, and i would trade Plekanec before if we are out of the playoff picture and rebuilding.
We clearly don't have the same opinion, ok eller is big and protect the puck very well but he miss a lot of vision, he's bad at passing the puck and this why he will never become a second center.

I hope that he will improve this but you know, you have it or you don't

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
  #75
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Eller is a top 12 forward on the Hawks, no doubt. I like Danault as a prospect but this trade is about this season and Eller would make the team better. Now, is he what we need? Maybe not, but in the context of this thread this is a trade I might do.

That said, I'd rather package Danault with something else and get a real game changer at the deadline for the Cup run.
He's not though. The Stalberg-Shaw-Bickell line has been good and Q's not about to break that up. And even if he did, Eller isn't far and away better than Shaw and he's certainly not far and away better than Kruger, who's currently on Chicago's 4th line.

The bolded is what the Hawks would do, if they were to trade Danault. They'd get a guy that is absoutely an upgrade one what they have behind Toews.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.