HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions) Part 2

Old
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Ever sign your name 20+ times in a few minutes? I had to sign a contract when I leased my apartment at college. My first signature looked normal. By the time I got to the 15th signatures, I couldn't even recognize it

I have no idea how players sit at signings for hours signing consistently. I can't do it at all.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:57 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Ever sign your name 20+ times in a few minutes? I had to sign a contract when I leased my apartment at college. My first signature looked normal. By the time I got to the 15th signatures, I couldn't even recognize it

I have no idea how players sit at signings for hours signing consistently. I can't do it at all.
Yea, mine changes week to week I feel. I can certainly understand why players don't get the cards signed in time. Although the Sean Couturier rookie auto I'm still waiting on since last Christmas is starting to piss me off.

And in case anyone wants RNH's 3 most valuable rookie...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111002714068...84.m1423.l2649

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Gourley

David Clarkson signing at Sports Minded Unlimited Feb 8th 6:30-8:30
Info here http://www.sportsmindedunlimited.com

Gourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:40 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
And in case anyone wants RNH's 3 most valuable rookie...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111002714068...84.m1423.l2649
That's stupid. What on Earth is the point of paying that much for a card you can't even do anything with?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
That's stupid. What on Earth is the point of paying that much for a card you can't even do anything with?
It's an investment, and a crazy one since I don't think RNH is gonna live up to hype big enough to justify that price.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:08 PM
apice3*

I don't think RNH will be that great either. Even at that, if his idea is to re-sell it down the road, the guy who pays even more for it is that much dumber. Collecting cards is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a business. Just my view.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
WhaleSoundTigers

Was kicking the tires on going to a Devils game later this season. Never been to the Rock before.

Just wondering if anyone had any information they can share about getting autographs.

Where to go for Devils / visitors at the arena, where visitors stay, etc

Thank you

WhaleSoundTigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Old
01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
apice3*

on my phone. Pic is small. Please tell me thats the victoria cup

Old
01-31-2013, 02:24 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I think it's the Lady Bing. Either way it's a trophy he didn't win as a Ranger

Old
01-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Quote:
on my phone. Pic is small. Please tell me thats the victoria cup
It's the Lady Byng trophy for sportsmanship that he won with the Lightning back in 03-04 .

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I hope there's a Scott Stevens Conn Smythe auto in this line too. In a Cap jersey obviously

Old
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
DangleSnipeCelly
Formerly KupsforKovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhaleSoundTigers View Post
Was kicking the tires on going to a Devils game later this season. Never been to the Rock before.

Just wondering if anyone had any information they can share about getting autographs.

Where to go for Devils / visitors at the arena, where visitors stay, etc

Thank you
Devils - Lafayette Street side of the building. There is a driveway in between the pru center and the parking garage. There are barricades set up for you to stand behind. Players will drive up and sign if they feel up to it.

Visitors is on the opposite side of the arena at Edison Place. Follow along the building till you see some steps that lead up to a barricade ( you will be at the other end of that driveway for the Devils side) Players have to walk by you in order to get into the arena so it is a great spot. Some advise from previous experience :

- Players must be at the arena 2 hours before puck drop, so if game is at 7, be there by 430ish. I find going at this time is a lot better than after the games. A LOT let people usually ( like a dozen or so) and a lot less hectic for the players. Better shot at getting the superstars this way

- After the game, player usually start heading to the bus about 30-45 mins after. Usually gets very crowded after the games, so get their early or run really fast after the game. If it is a big name team you are looking for (NYR, PIT, Montreal, ect) leave the game early to head down there.

- After the game players have to be scanned by TSA if they are heading to the airport right away, so by law, they are told not to touch anything or anyone after they are scanned, and they are usually scanned before they come out (depends on the TSA agent, some are cool about it and do it outside after the autograph line) So most of the time guys just walk right by.

I just found that going before the game and catching the bus as it arrives made it easier. If the other team loss too they usually weren't very eager to sign autographs.

DangleSnipeCelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:04 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupsforKovy View Post

- After the game players have to be scanned by TSA if they are heading to the airport right away, so by law, they are told not to touch anything or anyone after they are scanned, and they are usually scanned before they come out (depends on the TSA agent, some are cool about it and do it outside after the autograph line) So most of the time guys just walk right by.
Seriously? I've never stayed after on the away side, although I was thinking about it once it warms up. Never heard of anyone saying this before.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
DangleSnipeCelly
Formerly KupsforKovy

Quote:
Seriously? I've never stayed after on the away side, although I was thinking about it once it warms up. Never heard of anyone saying this before.
yeah, when it is cold out the TSA guys usually do it inside, and team security usually stands outside and watches to make sure the players don't do anything. Some team security is cool and will at least let you know if they are going to sign or not. Most of the time though the TSA scan is outside, so it isnt a big deal, but like I said, it depends on the officer.

After a game vs detroit, the tsa agent stood outside, and their security told everyone one rule, they said for the fans to not reach out and touch the players at all, and one stupid girl decided he HAD to break the rules because she was going to die if she didnt get a picture with Zetterberg. So she Hugged him and took the pic and the security team gathered all the players and bought them inside, and then walked them all in a line like they do in middleschool and walked them straight to the bus. Sucked so bad because EVERYONE was signing. They all had this sad look on their face like they were upset not to sign autos.

DangleSnipeCelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
francese5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupsforKovy View Post
yeah, when it is cold out the TSA guys usually do it inside, and team security usually stands outside and watches to make sure the players don't do anything. Some team security is cool and will at least let you know if they are going to sign or not. Most of the time though the TSA scan is outside, so it isnt a big deal, but like I said, it depends on the officer.

After a game vs detroit, the tsa agent stood outside, and their security told everyone one rule, they said for the fans to not reach out and touch the players at all, and one stupid girl decided he HAD to break the rules because she was going to die if she didnt get a picture with Zetterberg. So she Hugged him and took the pic and the security team gathered all the players and bought them inside, and then walked them all in a line like they do in middleschool and walked them straight to the bus. Sucked so bad because EVERYONE was signing. They all had this sad look on their face like they were upset not to sign autos.
This story is really legendary amount people who stay for autographs, I stay for the visiting team after most games and this story comes up almost every game... in general the regular people hate the picture people... it slows everything down and opens up the potential for crap like this to happen... to make matters worse on this night though was the fact that Detroit comes through every what? 3 years... ugh still makes me mad.

francese5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Sergei Brylin at Parsippany Sheraton today from 1-3pm for WDHA kidfest. It's free.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
devilsblood

Talked to a kid who has a Daneyko autograph on a bible. Thought that was awesome.

I'm pretty excited about the Marty win # 666 ticket stub. Will def look to get that thing signed.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Cry_Wolf

Does anyone have any experience going to the Prime 34 or Sports Minded Unlimited autograph signings?

If so, what time do you guys recommend showing up to get a good spot in line before the signing? I'm driving up north from the Toms River area and thinking about leaving early afternoon from work for the Patrick Elias/Marty signing in April. I want to get there as early as possible to get a good opportunity to get a photo op with them and auto.

Thanks!

Cry_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:56 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry_Wolf View Post
Does anyone have any experience going to the Prime 34 or Sports Minded Unlimited autograph signings?

If so, what time do you guys recommend showing up to get a good spot in line before the signing? I'm driving up north from the Toms River area and thinking about leaving early afternoon from work for the Patrick Elias/Marty signing in April. I want to get there as early as possible to get a good opportunity to get a photo op with them and auto.

Thanks!
Sports Minded Unlimited is fine and everyone can take a photo. The guys that do Prime 34 can be a bit of a dick and it doesn't matter when you get there because that Marty signing is going to be a mobscene and granted I haven't met Marty in over a decade but I don't think he's keen on photos unless you pay extra.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Cry_Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Sports Minded Unlimited is fine and everyone can take a photo. The guys that do Prime 34 can be a bit of a dick and it doesn't matter when you get there because that Marty signing is going to be a mobscene and granted I haven't met Marty in over a decade but I don't think he's keen on photos unless you pay extra.
Thanks for the response. I figured Marty would be a mob scene I saw an update on the facebook page that back last month over a 100 tickets were already sold right when the even registration went live. Can only imagine what that number is now.

How early do you think is good to show up? Say an hour or two before hand?
Sounds like Sports Minded is the better place to be.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry_Wolf View Post
Thanks for the response. I figured Marty would be a mob scene I saw an update on the facebook page that back last month over a 100 tickets were already sold right when the even registration went live. Can only imagine what that number is now.

How early do you think is good to show up? Say an hour or two before hand?
Sounds like Sports Minded is the better place to be.
It honestly doesn't matter. For the bigger signings I like to show up an hour after they start because it will hopefully have died down a little. You will probably wait 1-2 hours no matter when you show up though so don't stress out to get there super early.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

I've been to Sports Minded twice for autograph events and have nothing but good things to say about them

They've done a ton of these autograph sessions for people in all sports throughout the years and you can tell by how the events are run - staff is very friendly and helpful

Like JPP said, it doesn't matter when you get there because you'll be waiting to an extent regardless

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Cry_Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I've been to Sports Minded twice for autograph events and have nothing but good things to say about them

They've done a ton of these autograph sessions for people in all sports throughout the years and you can tell by how the events are run - staff is very friendly and helpful

Like JPP said, it doesn't matter when you get there because you'll be waiting to an extent regardless
Thanks for the feedback guys! It helps a lot! I'm looking into getting pucks to start a collection going since my Daneyko puck is lonely haha.

I found something like this that is really cheap, although I don't know if the quality is trustworthy? What do you guys recommend is a good place to buy game quality pucks?

Old
02-19-2013, 04:34 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Those pucks are legit game pucks and usually go for 10-12. There are sites that sell them in bulk for around that $6 range but you aren't going to beat that price.