HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 03:18 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I was one saying move Jammes as early as the off season. Having said that he'd definitely be good enough to play F with this years Spits
They probably will move Jammes would not shock me if he got dealt to Ottawa,
maybe Kingston,though Monahan would not be part of that deal

Old
02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I was one saying move Jammes as early as the off season. Having said that he'd definitely be good enough to play F with this years Spits
Yes he would be good enough to play on Spits forward corps this season,its his courage and compete level not skill set that would make me concerned

Old
02-19-2013, 03:34 PM
aresknights

Exactly why Id flip him for a pick, whatever Mark could get. Or as part of a package for roster player.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
OHLTG

I know u are kidding,with Seiloff and Koekoek out there would no chance Windsor
wins in 7 vs London,to put in perspective,because of Windsor"s age on the backend
all 8 guys are 18 and under including Brown,take off Harrinton,Ferry,Sefton,and Hughes
from London"s D,leaving them Maata,Zadorov,Mermis,Liberati,Centorame and Delorenzo to get to the 18 and under,now take off Maata and Zadorov,their equivalent to Seiloff and Koekoek,and see if they win against a healthy Windsor squad
While I think Ebert,Murphy,Bateman and Sanvido are better then the remaining 4 London D- Mermis,Liberati,Centomame,and Delorenzo,I think u get my point,no chance if London had to face the same as Windsor
Sieloff would be back in time for a London series, so who knows what might happen. No, I'm not kidding, either

Quote:
I take no pride in being right that this team would struggle.
I call BS. All you've done from the start is rip on the team. If you didn't take pride in it, you wouldn't do it as much.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Sieloff would be back in time for a London series, so who knows what might happen. No, I'm not kidding, either

I call BS. All you've done from the start is rip on the team. If you didn't take pride in it, you wouldn't do it as much.
My guess is that Spits/Cal will shut Seiloff down for the season,surgery would keep him out 8 weeks minimum

Old
02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
OHLTG

Is he getting surgery? I haven't heard.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Is he getting surgery? I haven't heard.
Cant say for sure yet but thats the scuttlebut

I did see him yesterday and he was walking with a noticeable gait

Old
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

You still don't get it. I have taken shots from people on here you being one of them. I take pride in being right Plymouth would right the ship and be a heavy contender who are now the #2 seed in the west, 2nd best goal differential and the best forward in the league.

Darn right I will fire back when you challenge me but you fought a valiant battle OHLTG but at the end of the day you had very little backing your position. A lot of people here know it's done, Mike Miller last night was talking about it, the Windsor Star was today as well.

The first minute of this clip fits you quite nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Old
02-19-2013, 04:35 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
I have taken shots from people on here you being one of them.
You realize WHY I take shots, correct?

Quote:
A lot of people here know it's done, Mike Miller last night was talking about it, the Windsor Star was today as well.
"know" it's done? Again, it's FEBRUARY!!! At least last I looked. We play hockey until March. If you want to give up, or anyone for that matter, go for it. I'm not. Refuse to. Why? I don't believe in it. I don't believe in saying things like "eh, we're 10 points out. It's done, even though there's a month to go." I just hope the players aren't as negative as everyone else.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
You realize WHY I take shots, correct?

"know" it's done? Again, it's FEBRUARY!!! At least last I looked. We play hockey until March. If you want to give up, or anyone for that matter, go for it. I'm not. Refuse to. Why? I don't believe in it. I don't believe in saying things like "eh, we're 10 points out. It's done, even though there's a month to go." I just hope the players aren't as negative as everyone else.
If they get mathematically eliminated is the season over or no?

The players can't because evaluations are still made but if you asked any realistic person whether the Spits are going to make the playoffs or not the answer would be no. The season started in September and it's just been a frustrating 58 games thus far.

I can't answer why you continue to take shots but from reading your posts lately you seem to think you're a better fan and I am some bandwagon jumper. I think I got it down, we should put an S on your chest so you can be Spitfire Superfan.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:33 PM
OHLTG

If they're mathematically eliminated, the playoffs chances are over, but not the season.

I take shots because, three years ago, you were one of the biggest supporters. Heck, you were at games two years ago, and even last year, a bit. Now, the team doesn't interest you, so you stay home and rip this team every chance you get? Some of us stay loyal no matter what happens. Those who don't are bandwagon...

Old
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Ottomatic

Bandwagon - aka people who don't spend hard earned money and invest fleeting free time on a bad product.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
OHLTG

You have to stick with the team through good and bad. We've seen far worse than this stuff in the past.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:16 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Rimouski Oceanic in 07/08 won the bid to host the 09 Memorial Cup with a 33-37 record good for 13th overall in the league. Last year Saskatoon won the bid and only had a winning% of .57 and people were concerned about the Blades at that time. Now they have won 12 in a row and everybody has shutup. So 2 out of the last 4 hosts have either had an under .500 record or never reached this .600%.
So they both made the playoffs, or not? I forgot about the Oceanic to tell you the truth but they still made the playoffs and so did the Blades. I think your point about the Blades is telling - people were worried about them at a .570 winning percentage. Miss the playoffs + have a ~.450 winning percentage = burnt toast.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Libbs

Quote:
You have to stick with the team through good and bad. We've seen far worse than this stuff in the past.
One can also argue the point that a "true fan" is also one that doesn't accept the status quo and challenges the management when the team fails to live up to expectations.

Of course expectations change from year to year (based on the development curve of that year). When the season began, the expectations for this team was to compete for home ice advantage in the 1st round.

There really is no reason for one to remain optimistic about this season.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:11 PM
OHLTG

I'm not necessarily optimistic, but more of a refusal to give up.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I'm not necessarily optimistic, but more of a refusal to give up.
That's fine if you're a player but you are just a fan in the stands that watches the game. I gave the team praise when they were winning a lot of games and championships. Just as I criticize the organization when they are losing. In fact the alternative to those two are apathy and not caring. If the poor play continues after this year the apathy will probably set in.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Bandwagon - aka people who don't spend hard earned money and invest fleeting free time on a bad product.
I think you have the definition wrong..

Bandwagon - aka people who only care about the team when they are winning. Also tends to only associate with being a fan when they are successful.

Example: Toronto Fans and Pre-Yserman Detroit fans in general are true fans and the latter are now Baseball fans lol

Oh and to let you know I'm an Avalanche/Spitifire fan I've watched both teams through the good times and the bad and everytime I tell somebody I'm an Avs fan or a Spits fan and they roll theyre eyes or tell me "Oh they suck this year I can't be bothered with them" I tell them "well I love the game, they'll win again"

Old
02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's fine if you're a player but you are just a fan in the stands that watches the game. I gave the team praise when they were winning a lot of games and championships. Just as I criticize the organization when they are losing. In fact the alternative to those two are apathy and not caring. If the poor play continues after this year the apathy will probably set in.
You also went to the games when they were winning and haven't been in two years because they don't interest you. I'm sure you'll be back once they win again because it'll be "interesting" at that point.

I also don't see how me being a fan requires me to go with the majority and give up on the season in February. I'm critical of the team at times, no question about it, but I'm still going to games because I've been a fan for 20 years and I'll be fan for 50 more if I can. Win or lose, I'm there.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
You also went to the games when they were winning and haven't been in two years because they don't interest you. I'm sure you'll be back once they win again because it'll be "interesting" at that point.

I also don't see how me being a fan requires me to go with the majority and give up on the season in February. I'm critical of the team at times, no question about it, but I'm still going to games because I've been a fan for 20 years and I'll be fan for 50 more if I can. Win or lose, I'm there.
Unless there are a lot more games on a Friday and Saturday and I am in town you will see me at the games as much as you have seen me this year. With my schedule the Thursday night games are a pain to get to.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Fat Elvis

How's Ebert looked the last few weeks? Curious if he could be better than being the last player drafted (Mr. Irrelevant)

Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
punch1943

Has Sieloff been Shut Down for Season?

I see Jordan McNaughton being brought back for tomorrows game. I heard Sieloff might be shut down for the balance of the season. Anyone with something definite on it?
With Saginaw's magic number down to six games perhaps the Spits will bring up a few more players for a possible preview for next season. As none of the Spits away games are further than Niagara Falls you'd have to guess anyone brought in for a look see would be playing close to home...

Old
02-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Libbs

Marchese shut down for the season.

Bateman is out with a concussion.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Marchese shut down for the season.

Bateman is out with a concussion.
Wouldn't be surprised if we never see Marchese play again for the Spits.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
scokan

As soon as I saw Bateman take that hit last night, I knew he was going to be out for a while, the way his head hit the glass didn’t look good..

Just to put into perspective, I think everyone is holding out hope that the spits have some kind of miracle and make the playoffs; although the writing is pretty much already on the wall. Even the loyalist of fans and all the bandwagoners can see that, whether they go to the games or not. I know they aren't officially eliminated yet but c'mon.
Both the Spits and Spirit have 11 games left. For OHLTG's never say never posts the spits would need to go 8-3 the rest of the way, while seeing the spirit go 2-9. We would edge them out by 1 point.
8 wins is enough of a task when we play
erie x2
ply x4
lon
nia
ssm
os
- it’s pretty tough to see 8 wins in those games with the way this team has been playing of late, and on top of that see the spirit only win twice.
buckle up baseball is around the corner.....

Closed Thread