HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
What I don't understand is that we aren't even looking for some legit options . ROR WILL be too expensive. We need some solid mid to bottom 6.
We need to play with what we have and see what happens, we're 5-1-1 in the last 7 and seem to be clicking, lost Powe sure, but lets give Mash a shot.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
I agree. I'm saying with all these trades... We need to lock up another bottom pairing D man and maybe one more bottom 6. I'm all for Mash and Powe.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Sorry, but that's incorrect info then.

https://twitter.com/adater/status/302959273464434688

Quote:
adater ‏@adater

Elliotte Friedman says Avs talked to Rangers about getting Michael Del Zotto for O'Reilly. But they also wanted more

Old
02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Sorry, but that's incorrect info then.

https://twitter.com/adater/status/302959273464434688
Doesn't really make it invalid, if Friedman cited Dater does Dater really have to say "I told Friedman what you just heard him say on TV"? Sounds more like he was elaborating on the exchange they had. Not like it matters though.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

It really doesn't. I'm more saying the guy on Bleacher probably misunderstood what Friedman was saying. You're right that it really doesn't matter.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Agree. Who knows seems like poor speculation all around lol.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Fwiw, brooks said both del zotto and kreider are "non starters"
For Colorado, or New York? Like is NY saying they're untouchable in a trade for ROR, or did Colorado say they're not interested in them?

Old
02-19-2013, 04:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
For Colorado, or New York? Like is NY saying they're untouchable in a trade for ROR, or did Colorado say they're not interested in them?
Does it really make a difference? Either way, it doesn't seem like there's a deal to be made.

02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Does it really make a difference? Either way, it doesn't seem like there's a deal to be made.
Well, I wanted to know so I could shut up all the people pushing MDZ face-first out the door in the case of NYR naming him untouchable.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Maybe old news by now.
I wonder why the Pens are in on this, like they need more centers.
Quote:
Sources say Senators GM Bryan Murray has held talks with Colorado Avalanche GM Greg Sherman about a deal for the restricted free agent centre, however, the indications are the asking price is significantly high.
Quote:
Expect O’Reilly to land somewhere as the Avs try to clear up this sour relationship. The Leafs, Bruins, Rangers and Penguins have all held talks with Sherman, who would like to send him to an eastern conference team.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/18/...-on-sens-radar

Old
02-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Well, I wanted to know so I could shut up all the people pushing MDZ face-first out the door in the case of NYR naming him untouchable.
I think pushing him out the door would be more akin to agreeing to something like MDZ for a conditional 7th rounder.

You can say people are undervaluing him, perhaps, but I don't think anyone here is so eager to get rid of him they aren't considering value at all. Almost none of us would do an MDZ for RoR swap either.

I'm not sure why people get so bent out of shape because trades are being entertained, especially those that have merit, and are not ridiculous blockbusters that are only logical in the mind of bernmeister.

02-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
You could have a direct statement from Sather, Torts and Obama saying MDZ isn't getting moved and people would still bring it up. Don't believe he's untouchable, but their not chomping at the bit to move him either IMHO.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I think pushing him out the door would be more akin to agreeing to something like MDZ for a conditional 7th rounder.

You can say people are undervaluing him, perhaps, but I don't think anyone here is so eager to get rid of him they aren't considering value at all. Almost none of us would do an MDZ for RoR swap either.

I'm not sure why people get so bent out of shape because trades are being entertained, especially those that have merit, and are not ridiculous blockbusters that are only logical in the mind of bernmeister.
There have absolutely been people clamoring for a RoR<-->MDZ swap.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You could have a direct statement from Sather, Torts and Obama saying MDZ isn't getting moved and people would still bring it up. Don't believe he's untouchable, but their not chomping at the bit to move him either IMHO.
Dude, I have it on good source that Obama thinks DZ is on his way out.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Dude, I have it on good source that Obama thinks DZ is on his way out.
Indeed. Heard the same thing.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
There have absolutely been people clamoring for a RoR<-->MDZ swap.
And "misunderstanding" things along the way.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

Granted, I haven't seen much ROR, but I can't help but be a little mystified about trading Del Zotto (+ more!) for a 50 point center. A 40 point D man for a 50 point C? What am I missing? I don't love Del Zotto, and I want another center, and yet I'm very hesitant at the idea.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
mschmidt64

I'm with NYR Boyler87 on this one.

The simple fact is that the Rangers have notable strengths and weaknesses in their organization. The areas where they have strength, they have so many assets that they are never all going to play for the team at once. They either trade them, or they let them walk for nothing in free agency eventually as they can't all possibly be afforded.

The weaknesses, in the meantime, are weak enough that they'll either cost us dearly in the standings, or we'll have to overpay in free agency to address them.

Not that it's any surprise, but, the weaknesses: Center (both top and depth) and top-line forward prospects in general.

Strengths: Defensive prospects, 2nd and 3rd line defensive-minded forwards.

We just had this same debate about 6 months ago regarding Rick Nash. There were people saying four assets was way too much for Nash. Those people were wrong. You can have all the Brandon Dubinskys on the team that you want but those guys are not catalysts like Nash is. I would give up EIGHT Brandon Dubinskys for a Rick Nash, if I had that many. Giving up Dubinsky and three other pieces of the same caliber (in Anisimov, Erixon and a late first) is more than fair.

It's the same discussion here. ROR is more expensive in a trade because of his youth and perceived upside. But if ROR and MDZ are equivalent caliber players at their respective positions (or if ROR is the better player) then it is an absolute no brainer to make that deal.

Fact: MDZ is not going to crack the top 3 defensemen while he is here. He will always be behind McDonagh, Staal, and Girardi (unless one of them is moved).

Therefore, MDZ is a 4th defenseman, 5th defenseman, or 6th defenseman for his entire career here, barring a different trade.

Well, not only do we already have Stralman who can fill one of those spots, but we also have Skjei and McIlrath coming up. If those guys both pan out, well, then there is just no room for one of our defensemen. One has to be traded.

You obviously don't want to trade any of your elite defensemen. So that's no on Staal, McD, and Girardi.

So that leaves trading MDZ, Skjei, McIlrath, and Stralman.

Which of these guys gets you the best return? If MDZ brings you back ROR, but a guy like Skjei only brings you back a lower end winger, then the answer is easy. We need that top center prospect.

MDZ, while painful to lose for right now, is the piece that should go. Skjei or McIlrath can easily fill that #4D or bottom-pairing defenseman role. That role is so, so much less important than a #1 or #2 center is, and that is something we really lack in this organization going forward.

So unless someone has a better idea for picking up an early 20's top line center prospect in some other trade, the MDZ trade makes sense.

As long as it's just for MDZ. Or MDZ and spare parts. I'm not dealing MDZ and Kreider or Miller.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:44 PM
NYR Viper

And this is why I am in favor of moving Gaborik and Ricrds in the off-season. Invisible. Players making close to, or above 7 million should be consiste difference makers. Nash is that. He doesn't score, still a factor. Richards and Gaborik are not.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:45 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
And this is why I am in favor of moving Gaborik and Ricrds in the off-season. Invisible. Players making close to, or above 7 million should be consiste difference makers. Nash is that. He doesn't score, still a factor. Richards and Gaborik are not.
Would be hard to argue. Especially Richards.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Richards is playing himself right in to a buyout. A week ago, it was almost laughable, but at this point the only thing laughable is how bad he has been. It makes me extra sad because he was a player I loved to watch in Dallas.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:01 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Richards is playing himself right in to a buyout. A week ago, it was almost laughable, but at this point the only thing laughable is how bad he has been. It makes me extra sad because he was a player I loved to watch in Dallas.
I highly doubt teams wouldn't take Richards for his close to 5 million/year left on his deal. Calgary? Toronto? Nashville? Dallas? CLB? SOMEONE!

Old
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12307
Quote:
I highly doubt teams wouldn't take Richards for his close to 5 million/year left on his deal. Calgary? Toronto? Nashville? Dallas? CLB? SOMEONE!
Richards to Columbus for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Richards has been awful. His vision, passing, thinking the game...ie: his strengths, have been absent.

Gaborik absolutely refuses to move his feet. On the power play he's stuck on the half boards, he doesn't move.

The issue with Richards worries me more then Gaborik. And I'm hard on Gaborik because I expect more out of him. As I do Richards. But Richards is getting up there in age. After the 13-14 season he will be 34 years old with 6 years remaining at 6.6 per on his contract.

And by that time Del Zotto will be earning 5+ per.

If there was a time to get our hands on a future #1-#2 center it would be now.

O'Reilly and Stepan as a 1-2 would be very good in two years time. The time when discussing a compliance buy out for Richards comes up in summer 2014.

Get Barrie in the return package to replace Del Zotto as an offensive threat from the defense.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:18 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

vCash: 50
Richards to Colorado for O'Rielly

Richards to Florida for a 1st

Richards with a couple AHLers to Montreal for their best prospects

Take your pick

Closed Thread