HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Looking for secondary scoring doesn't make much sense and I'll believe it if I see it. By my count we have two top first line forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg. Three top six forwards: Franzen, Filppula and Brunner. We have four 3rd liners/scoring pluggers: Bert, Helm, Sammy, Tatar. What this team needs is another player to slot into the Datsyuk/Zetterberg category, a true first line winger. What we don't need is yet another player to slot into the Sammy category.

Also, that article could just as easily been written in the summer.
or about any team

Old
02-19-2013, 05:54 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Looking for secondary scoring doesn't make much sense and I'll believe it if I see it. By my count we have two top first line forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg. Three top six forwards: Franzen, Filppula and Brunner. We have four 3rd liners/scoring pluggers: Bert, Helm, Sammy, Tatar. What this team needs is another player to slot into the Datsyuk/Zetterberg category, a true first line winger. What we don't need is yet another player to slot into the Sammy category.

Also, that article could just as easily been written in the summer.
You guys are unbelievable. I'm not even sure you're Red Wings fans. I think you're fans of bashing Holland at any given opportunity. Secondary scoring doesn't make any sense? We're mediocre at best when it comes to scoring. We could use all the scoring help we need. Believe it when you see it? Because making trades in the NHL is easy as breathing.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:02 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
You guys are unbelievable. I'm not even sure you're Red Wings fans. I think you're fans of bashing Holland at any given opportunity. Secondary scoring doesn't make any sense? We're mediocre at best when it comes to scoring. We could use all the scoring help we need. Believe it when you see it? Because making trades in the NHL is easy as breathing.
Dude...accusing Joe of not being a fan of the team because he properly mentions that the last thing we need is a scrub who can pot five goals is crazy.

I'm more of an optimist than most people here and even I'm getting tired of these arguments that anyone who doesn't support every one of Holland's moves isn't a fan.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
its not bashing KH whatsoever, its bashing the article, because it is a puff piece.

you can be 100% certain the hawks GM has been on the phone looking for ways to improve the hawks, just as you can be sure the Balitmore Ravens have already begun looking at ways to improve their football club for next season, that article is a waste of space

Old
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
newfy

Just saind on hockey central that the wings have some serious interest in Weiss. Wings were scouting Florida to back a few weeks

Old
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Dude...accusing Joe of not being a fan of the team because he properly mentions that the last thing we need is a scrub who can pot five goals is crazy.

I'm more of an optimist than most people here and even I'm getting tired of these arguments that anyone who doesn't support every one of Holland's moves isn't a fan.
Secondary scoring. Think something on the lines of a Darren Helm or a Drew Miller from last year, or Danny Cleary when he wasn't bad. You can never have too many of those people. These aren't scrubs who score 5 goals and contribute little if anything else. I apologize to Joe, the whole ranting about being Holland Bashing addicts was directed towards Zetterberg.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:34 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
its not bashing KH whatsoever, its bashing the article, because it is a puff piece.

you can be 100% certain the hawks GM has been on the phone looking for ways to improve the hawks, just as you can be sure the Balitmore Ravens have already begun looking at ways to improve their football club for next season, that article is a waste of space
There are some people who accuse KH of not taking action and being too scared of making a move. This article was directed towards them.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
There are some people who accuse KH of not taking action and being too scared of making a move. This article was directed towards them.
except the article could have and has been said about every GM in pro sports history

a GM of a team that currently sits 17th overall out of 30 will reasonably be expected to be looking for ways to improve

those who accuse KH of being scared to make an impactful move are doing so from a position of fact and untill such time that KH pulls off such a move, the criticism is warranted

Old
02-19-2013, 06:44 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
except the article could have and has been said about every GM in pro sports history

a GM of a team that currently sits 17th overall out of 30 will reasonably be expected to be looking for ways to improve

those who accuse KH of being scared to make an impactful move are doing so from a position of fact and untill such time that KH pulls off such a move, the criticism is warranted
It isn't an established fact. That's BS. GMKH makes moves. He has a history of doing so to back it up. What some people don't understand is that making trades is rare and difficult to do. KH can't call someone up and hammer something in 20 minutes as if it was nothing.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:50 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
It isn't an established fact. That's BS. GMKH makes moves. He has a history of doing so to back it up. What some people don't understand is that making trades is rare and difficult to do. KH can't call someone up and hammer something in 20 minutes as if it was nothing.
He hasn't made an impactful trade since acquiring Brad Stuart 4(?) years ago. You can't deny he's been passive because he has been, but you can argue if its a good thing or not.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
He hasn't made an impactful trade since acquiring Brad Stuart 4(?) years ago. You can't deny he's been passive because he has been, but you can argue if its a good thing or not.
The Stuart trade was 5 years ago this month, and yes, that was the last impact trade KH pulled off.

Which wouldn't be too bad if he was able to land impact UFA's to plug holes in the lineup... oh, that hasn't really happened either.

Good thing we've emphasized gradually bringing our young guys into the lineup over the last few years instead of waiting to do it all at once this season, to help compensate for an aging roster... hmmmmmm.

Last edited by Brick Top: 02-20-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
He hasn't made an impactful trade because he hasn't had to. In 09, there was no point. It was already a stacked roster. In '10-'11 he had no cap space to work with. Last year, he traded for Kyle Quincey. It may have not been impactful, but it was a move.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
what history, brad stuart 5 years ago for a draft pick? a 3rd pairing at the time dman at the trade deadline?

come on now man

Old
02-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
He hasn't made an impactful trade because he hasn't had to. In 09, there was no point. It was already a stacked roster. In '10-'11 he had no cap space to work with. Last year, he traded for Kyle Quincey. It may have not been impactful, but it was a move.
ok then

Old
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM
JRB86

Ryan Miller

Old
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
RedWinger10

Quote:
I think that's just somebody who THINKS they are a sports writer stating the obvious.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:36 AM
joe89

Quote:
If anything I defended Holland. This one just doesn't make sense.

We have a lot of secondary scorers. What we don't have is health. Our top nine alone has 42 man games lost - through 16 games. On average, we've almost missed out on two top six players and one 3rd line player every single game. I'm pretty sure that's unparalleled throughout the entire league. Right now we're playing without Franzen 55pts, Samuelsson 45 pts, Bertuzzi 40pts, Helm 30pts. Between them we're missing out on maybe 75 goals, and replacing them with 30 goals. But this is not something you trade yourself out of. None of these guys are more than week-to-week injured. Just have to tough it out.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:34 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Secondary scoring would make us a better team. With it we still won't win the cup and will simply get a worse draft pick while giving up assests.

People who want the Wings to make trades to right the ship aren't looking at the big picture. No trades unless they will be part of the team moving forward.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Mickey Redmond

No one, because Holland is afraid to pull the trigger on a big deal.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:24 PM
RedWinger10

Do you think the wings could go after David Booth? I realize that the price may be high but he has "wanted to play for the wings since he was a kid" (being a Detroit native). His parents for MANY years have had glass side season tickets at the joe and are colossal Wings fans. I can imagine he would jump at the chance to play for the wings. I realize he is injured but he has been pretty durable over his career.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:32 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
Do you think the wings could go after David Booth? I realize that the price may be high but he has "wanted to play for the wings since he was a kid" (being a Detroit native). His parents for MANY years have had glass side season tickets at the joe and are colossal Wings fans. I can imagine he would jump at the chance to play for the wings. I realize he is injured but he has been pretty durable over his career.
We have nothing I could see Vancouver seriously considering. He has 2 years left after this year at 4.5. I don't think they would take on Franzen and I don't think that is good value for us anyway. Have a hard time seeing it, Vancouver is in the middle/end of their window, don't see why they part with Booth for what everyone around here would want to offer.

By the way he is far from what I would consider durable over his career, not just now but pretty much since Richards Ko'd him.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 02-20-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: durability
Old
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
No.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
We have nothing I could see Vancouver seriously considering. He has 2 years left after this year at 4.5. I don't think they would take on Franzen and I don't think that is good value for us anyway. Have a hard time seeing it, Vancouver is in the middle/end of their window, don't see why they part with Booth for what everyone around here would want to offer.

By the way he is far from what I would consider durable over his career, not just now but pretty much since Richards Ko'd him.
Wouldn't hurt to see what it would take to make it work. He is a point producer and a smart player approaching his prime. He could get our pp back on track.

Last edited by RedWinger10: 02-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Nope.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Schroedingers Cat

I don't think Detroit should be looking to upgrade at the deadline. This team has too many holes to fill and it would cost the farm.

Unless you are trading every single one of your draft picks, prospects, and half of the roster and basically getting an entirely new roster, this team is not a cup-contending team and is barely a playoff team.

Unfortunately, we can't be sellers either....looking at our roster, we don't really have a lot anyone would want unless we look at trading Datsyuk or Zetterberg, and trading either of them would basically blow up the team for about the next 3 years.

Closed Thread