HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Chi

Old
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Hopefully you are not the habs gm, plekanec >>> eller, I highly doubt that eller will become a second center one day, at best a third. You know why Eller is playing that good right now ? Because he play on our fourth line and this is where he is good.
Why does Eller have to be better then Pleks? I see Eller being a 50 point, maybe a bit better, 2-way centre in the NHL one day (with decent wingers) and there's nothing wrong with that.

I love how most Hab's fans set their GM's up for failure. Look at what our last GM did. He adds a few secondary pieces and then in his 3rd year as the fans turn on him for doing nothing (which is what most fans want us to do now) Gauthier panicked and traded for Kaberle and Bourque. This time it won't be different, it will be more of the same old, same old. Book it.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Why does Eller have to be better then Pleks? I see Eller being a 50 point, maybe a bit better, 2-way centre in the NHL one day (with decent wingers) and there's nothing wrong with that.

I love how most Hab's fans set their GM's up for failure. Look at what our last GM did. He adds a few secondary pieces and then in his 3rd year as the fans turn on him for doing nothing (which is what most fans want us to do now) Gauthier panicked and traded for Kaberle and Bourque. This time it won't be different, it will be more of the same old, same old. Book it.
they traded Spacek for kaberle... we didnt lose anything on that deal, and the Camalleri for bourque was a necessity ( if we compare bourque and cammy this season, we can say that the habs won this deal )

And Gauthier got Eller.

Gauthier didnt make only bad moves, but the gomez one was horrible.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
We clearly don't have the same opinion, ok eller is big and protect the puck very well but he miss a lot of vision, he's bad at passing the puck and this why he will never become a second center.

I hope that he will improve this but you know, you have it or you don't
It's hard to be a ppg player when you play with Moen and Armstrong that misses a lot of play.

I don't agree with the bad passing skills he made some sicks passes this year and he rarely makes a bad pass. He has not elite vision fair enough but no one on the habs except Markov has it.

He is still learning and when he will hit his ceiling at about 27-28 i think he will be a 45-50 point player on the habs or somewhere else.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
It's hard to be a ppg player when you play with Moen and Armstrong that misses a lot of play.

I don't agree with the bad passing skills he made some sicks passes this year and he rarely makes a bad pass. He has not elite vision fair enough but no one on the habs except Markov has it.

He is still learning and when he will hit his ceiling at about 27-28 i think he will be a 45-50 point player on the habs or somewhere else.
You know why some analist say that he doesnt distribute the puck enough to his wingers ?

I think it is because he's scared, he's scared of doing a mistake with a bad pass, maybe it is because he miss of vision with the puck, cuz without the puck he is rarely in bad position.

Anyway I think a 45-50 pts guy is not enough to be a second center so you say that he is a third ?

Old
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
You know why some analist say that he doesnt distribute the puck enough to his wingers ?

I think it is because he's scared, he's scared of doing a mistake with a bad pass, maybe it is because he miss of vision with the puck, cuz without the puck he is rarely in bad position.

Anyway I think a 45-50 pts guy is not enough to be a second center so you say that he is a third ?
If your third line center puts up 50 points every year you must win a lot of stanley cups.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
If your third line center puts up 50 points every year you must win a lot of stanley cups.
if your second center can only put 50 points you must not win a lot of stanley cups

Old
02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
if your second center can only put 50 points you must not win a lot of stanley cups
Ask that to Bolland, Richards,Filpulla and i'm missing some.

50 points for a 2nd line player is more than decent i'd take that everyday.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:56 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
they traded Spacek for kaberle... we didnt lose anything on that deal, and the Camalleri for bourque was a necessity ( if we compare bourque and cammy this season, we can say that the habs won this deal )

And Gauthier got Eller.

Gauthier didnt make only bad moves, but the gomez one was horrible.
Gauthier didn't make the Gomez deal. It was Gainey. In fairness to Gainey , Gomez was only a coupla seasons removed from a 91 pt season and he couldn't get McDonagh to sign. At that time Koivu was our best centreman and he was bumped off the puck at least 3-4 times a game. Gomez was faster, stronger and 20 pouds heavier and we desperately needed an upgrade at center. Who would know that Gomez would go down hill so fast?

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

How's that for vision?

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Ask that to Bolland, Richards,Filpulla and i'm missing some.

50 points for a 2nd line player is more than decent i'd take that everyday.
Bolland is a third line center, a good one but I dont see him as a good second center and dont forget with who he play. You cant compare eller to richard they arent in the same class and filpula is a better player.

the only way eller could maybe put 50 pts is if he play with our best wingers and I think Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Desharnais can do better than that.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Rozz

No thanks.. dont find this proposal interesting in the slightest

Rozz is offline   Reply With Quote