HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Los Angeles and Toronto

Old
02-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Hotlanta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Insane. You aren't a leafs fan.

You are/were a thrashers fan. Stop pretending.
If you check my history, you will see I am and was always a leaf fan. And at some points a huge homer like many others in our fan base. However, I have learned that we have had a problem with overvaluing our players. I love Grabovski but he is no MR and I love Gardiner, even have his jersey, but even at his full potential, MR would do more for this team. MR would turn the Leafs into a outside contender, barring good Goaltending with a defense first system.

2013-14

Lupul - Richards - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
Kulemin - Bozak - Komarov
McClaren/Orr - McClement - Brown

Phaneuf - Rielly
Liles - Gunnarsson
Franson - Fraser/Holzer/Kostka

Reimer
Scrivens

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
First off, I'm a fan Richards and would love to have him on my team. I have no idea what to value him at and would probably do the trade, but I really doubt Richards had a bigger influence on LA winning the cup than Quick, Doughty, or Kopitar. Richards isn't the reason you guys won the cup, he wasn't the difference maker IMO.

I'm not saying he isn't good... I just think an LA team minus Richards would still have won (they were on fire last year and nobody was stopping them).
There's no way, Stoll would of been the 2nd line center, acquiring Richards allowed the Kings to slot everyone where they belonged and acquiring Carter was also a huge asset, if we still had Schenn and Simmonds, Kings don't win the cup, no I'm not saying he was the ONLY reason LA won, but his presence was a huge asset to have and was just as key as the play of Kopi, Quick, Brown, Doughty etc.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Yes because points are the only determinant of a player's value. This would be a steal for Toronto.
You seem to think both Richards and Grabovski are the Richards and Grabovski of 4 years ago.

There isn't much of anything that Richards is significantly better at in terms of intangibles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
Richards was bumped into 3rd and Stoll into 4th... but this will probably change next game because of yesterday game (Richie 2 PP goals)
Thanks for the reply. I don't see how being bumped down helps Richard's case though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Richards is ELITE level talent.
He used to be. Things change.

Quote:
The Leafs would be lucky to have a guy bring the intangibles he does.
We do. Grabovski.

Quote:
Richards fights and sticks up for teammates, Grabo bites guys.
Richards had 2 major penalties last year, which means he fought at most twice. His additional misconduct penalty implies that one of those 2 wasn't even a fight.

The only reason Grabovski was in the position where he was forced to bite to avoid suffocation or eye-gouging was because he was sticking up for a teammate.

Quote:
Richards plays the point on the 1st PP, Grabo on 2nd PP.
Actually, Grabovski is no longer on the PP, not that your distinction means anything. We have great depth, and Grabovski is used for shutdown purposes every shift.

Quote:
Richards has won Olympic Gold, World Junior Gold and most importantly the Stanley Cup. Closest Grabo has come is walking past the Hockey Hall of Fame on his way home from practice.
So in other words you are saying Richards is Canadian? And has been on good teams.

Quote:
Richards commands respect on the ice, is a team leader and a highly thought of player. Grabo is 2nd line center on a team that doesnt even have a 1C.
Richards commands no more respect than Grabovski.
I'm sure Richards is such a great leader that he got traded away as a captain. And has partying problems.
Yes, a Canadian is probably more well-known, but why does that matter in the slightest?

Quote:
Get the homer glasses off. Grabo is a tweener 2/3 on most teams in the league.
Get the homer glasses off. Grabovski is a 2nd-line center, and can play essentially any role asked of him perfectly. Much like Richards.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Did you forget we have Carter? Carter would be our second line center, not Stoll (who right now our 3-4th line center).
Carter plays wing for the most part.

You misread the original post. Go back and see that the guy said Grabovski sucked at face-offs, and Stoll was better. I replied to show him that is flat-out not true.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
You seem to think both Richards and Grabovski are the Richards and Grabovski of 4 years ago.

There isn't much of anything that Richards is significantly better at in terms of intangibles.

Thanks for the reply. I don't see how being bumped down helps Richard's case though.

He used to be. Things change.

We do. Grabovski.

Richards had 2 major penalties last year, which means he fought at most twice. His additional misconduct penalty implies that one of those 2 wasn't even a fight.

The only reason Grabovski was in the position where he was forced to bite to avoid suffocation or eye-gouging was because he was sticking up for a teammate.

Actually, Grabovski is no longer on the PP, not that your distinction means anything. We have great depth, and Grabovski is used for shutdown purposes every shift.

So in other words you are saying Richards is Canadian? And has been on good teams.

Richards commands no more respect than Grabovski.
I'm sure Richards is such a great leader that he got traded away as a captain. And has partying problems.
Yes, a Canadian is probably more well-known, but why does that matter in the slightest?

Get the homer glasses off. Grabovski is a 2nd-line center, and can play essentially any role asked of him perfectly. Much like Richards.
So many problems with him that he's wearing the A right now.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

You know what most Leaf fans?

I speak for everyone else in the entire hockey universe, you are right.

Grabo is absolutely equal to Richards in every way and you guys are the most luckiest team in the world....and the best too don't forget that part.

So now, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER again offer up ANY and that means ANY of your players in ANY proposal ever again.

It just isn't fair to the rest of us.

mk?

Grabo equal to Richards....

Leaf fans.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

As Leafs fan who has gone to every Marlies game in 2013, and a lot in 2012, I say yes. Gardiner has been an average AHL'er since the conky.

Doubt LA says yes though.

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Man Bear Pig

Love Richards, but if this team were willing to give up so much for that kind of player, why not continue going young, and grab O'reilly. He and Richards are cut from the same cloth.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Same old jokes (parties too much, lazy, traded as their captain). Not even worth explaining it anymore. We'll keep Richards.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Still a demotion. It was a stupid argument for you to make in the first place.