Old
02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
phillyflyer2112*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Simmonds + Wellwood/Gustafsson straight up for Iginla
Simmonds+ Wellwood for Iginla..DONE..

Is everyone here in agreement? I think Jarome and Wayne would be very pleased with that trade!

Old
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer2112 View Post
Simmonds +Laughton for Iginla + 2nd/3rd rounder
If you take out the Flames pick, this is probably close.

If we wanted a roster player + average prospect we would just trade for Krejci + Knight or something similar.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
There really isn't any prospects Philly has that I would want.
Simmonds + 2nd rounder for Iggy would be fine with me.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer2112 View Post
Simmonds+ Wellwood for Iginla..DONE..

Is everyone here in agreement? I think Jarome and Wayne would be very pleased with that trade!
I doubt most agree, I think Iginla has lower value than most Flames fans do, but I also don't think we will move him so it is a pointless agreement.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:25 PM
BVicious

Even a slumping Iggy will get you proven talent.

There will be a bidding war, make NO mistake about it. More teams than you can imagine will be drooling with the thought of getting him and surrendering their late first round pick if he re-signs.

Just think of the bidding war between PIT and PHI alone.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
TherapyforGlencross
Regular HFer

Well, with the loss last night against Phoenix, I think it's safe to say that we won't make it to the playoffs.

Shoot up some proposals!

Old
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
BVicious

Iginla for Berglund + 2nd (1st if he re-signs)

Then

Kipper for anything with a 1st.

Cammy for a 1st plus

Then offer sheet ROR

Left with:

GlenX - Berglund - Backlund
Beartchsi - ROR - Stempniak
Cervanka - Tangs - Hudler
4th line

We are left with two 1st and a 2nd pick in the draft. Lose a 1st and 3rd for offering ROR 5mil.

Defense you try and trade anyone outside of our top 4.

Roll with Ramo / Taylor / Irving.

You still have Horak or Stagan you can package in a trade, or at least just Stagan. Capitalize on desperate teams clawing their way with a short season.

But you mist give to get quality PROVEN young talent.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Iggy for Rattie+Cole+2nd
Kipper for 1st+Drew Shore
Gio for Jarnkrok+1st
Stempniak for 1st/2nd picks (wouldn't mind keeping him given the way he's played)
Stajan for OTT 2nd

next year

Hudler-Backlund-Cervenka
Tanguay-Jarnkrok-Glencross
Baertschi-Shore-Rattie
Horak-Reinhart-

Bouwmeester-Cole
Brodie-Wideman

Ramo/Taylor/Irving

Our 1st, DET, FLA, STL 2nd, OTT 2nd and whatever we get for Stempniak

One man can sort of dream? We'd also be the softest team in the NHL. We need a David Clarkson type of player. Brendan Morrow and Ryane Clowe will both be UFAs.

Last edited by Sean Monahan: 02-19-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Iggy for Rattie+Cole+2nd
Kipper for 1st+Drew Shore
Gio for Jarnkrok+1st
Stempniak for 1st/2nd picks (wouldn't mind keeping him given the way he's played)
Stajan for OTT 2nd

next year

Hudler-Backlund-Cervenka
Tanguay-Jarnkrok-Glencross
Baertschi-Shore-Rattie
Horak-Reinhart-

Bouwmeester-Cole
Brodie-Wideman

Ramo/Taylor/Irving

Our 1st, DET, FLA, STL 2nd, OTT 2nd and whatever we get for Stempniak

One man can sort of dream? We'd also be the softest team in the NHL. We need a David Clarkson type of player. Brendan Morrow and Ryane Clowe will both be UFAs.
I doubt we get that much for Kipper, if we do move him I would try for a young defenseman as I doubt teams look to move a first for a goalie.

I think I would try for Gio for ROR before I trade for Jarnkrok, just my preference.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Quote:
I doubt we get that much for Kipper, if we do move him I would try for a young defenseman as I doubt teams look to move a first for a goalie.

I think I would try for Gio for ROR before I trade for Jarnkrok, just my preference.
perhaps 2nd+Drew Shore then. I can't think of any team that needs goaltending more than Florida, except us of course, and they have Bjugstad, Howden, Trocheck to replace Shore.

Also, ROR is not moving within the division. And Jarnkrok is legit.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
perhaps 2nd+Drew Shore then. I can't think of any team that needs goaltending more than Florida, except us of course, and they have Bjugstad, Howden, Trocheck to replace Shore.

Also, ROR is not moving within the division. And Jarnkrok is legit.
I have seen Jarnkron that much which is my I am hesitant, and I think Colorado takes the best offer they can get (like Tanguay and Regehr)

Old
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Flames92

Christ looking at all the assets we have, If we actually blow it up completely we can have like 6 1sts .. If you think about it:

Iginla for 1st + prospect
Cammalleri for 1st + maybe a 3rd?
Kiprusoff for 1st + prospect
Bouwmeester for 1st + prospect
Giordano for 1st + prospect
Stemps 4 2nd?

Thats 5 firsts with the one we have as well... I personally wouldn't want to blow it up completely but if we happened to do this we could destroy this years draft..

If I we're management, I'd probably move just Iggy and Kipper (maybe Gio if the return is good). We should still keep some of the core.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Quote:
I have seen Jarnkron that much which is my I am hesitant, and I think Colorado takes the best offer they can get (like Tanguay and Regehr)
Jarnkrok has great hockey sense and passing skills plus a sneaky shot. The only thing he needs to do is to add weight. Decent in his own zone but has room to improve. Screams Zetterberg to me

Old
02-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Nordberg

I would keep Glencross, J-Bo, Brodie, Backlund, Venk, Hudler, probably Tanguay with his contract, perhaps Cammy unless we get a good offer. We wouldn't look very good trading Wideman so early after signing him and he is a decent veteran so he would probably stay too. Everyone else can go. Obviously only counting established players, here.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:13 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Christ looking at all the assets we have, If we actually blow it up completely we can have like 6 1sts .. If you think about it:

Stemps 4 2nd?

Thats 5 firsts with the one we have as well... I personally wouldn't want to blow it up completely but if we happened to do this we could destroy this years draft..

If I we're management, I'd probably move just Iggy and Kipper (maybe Gio if the return is good). We should still keep some of the core.
I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket just in case this years crop proves to be weak in talent. I hear every year that the draft is deep, but they can't all be

Old
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket just in case this years crop proves to be weak in talent. I hear every year that the draft is deep, but they can't all be
Actually I thought last year everyone was talking about how that was possibly the worst draft in 10 years. So I don't know where this notion stems from. It seems rather common around here.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I know, it was more of a thought than me actually wanting this to happen. I still think having maybe 3 first this year if we go that route would be ideal. Then we see how the team does the year after and if Bouwmeester won't resign by the deadline we move him as well for some more picks.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post

Stemps 4 2nd?

Kipper may not be able to bring in a 1st round pick but he may net a 2nd and a 4th or something like that. GMs may be put off by his age, injury, etc. and a couple of lower picks would help mitigate the risk.

The points about getting these 1st round picks (And other picks for that matter) in the same draft are good ones. If you spread the picks out over three drafts you may build a deeper prospect list.

BTW - the way JBo is playing you may be able to get more than a 1st and a prospect for him. I'd aim for a 1st, mid-range prospect and a decent roster player. You may also have to take back a larger contract with that roster player but the 1st and prospect will be worth it.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Actually I thought last year everyone was talking about how that was possibly the worst draft in 10 years. So I don't know where this notion stems from. It seems rather common around here.
Last year was supposed to be really strong right up until a few months prior to the actual draft when it become apparent that the much heralded depth wasn't what it was made out to be.

In contrast, 2011 was decried as a very weak draft, reminiscent of 2007, but as the date grew closer, the strength of it became obvious.

When you're dealing with 16-18's year old players, things change very quickly with regards to describing potential and the ability to become an NHL'er so people really shouldn't read much into what's being said about future drafts when they're still years away. The nature of this draft is such that if you can land a top ten pick, the chances of getting an impact player are pretty high. After that, it's much more of a toss up. Two top ten picks this year could set a franchise up for a while.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Kipper may not be able to bring in a 1st round pick but he may net a 2nd and a 4th or something like that. GMs may be put off by his age, injury, etc. and a couple of lower picks would help mitigate the risk.

The points about getting these 1st round picks in the same draft are good ones. If you spread the picks out over three drafts you may build a deeper prospect list.

BTW - the way JBo is playing you may be able to get more than a 1st and a prospect for him. I'd aim for a 1st, mid-range prospect and a decent roster player. You may also have to take back a larger contract with that roster player but the 1st and prospect will be worth it.
Im still a strong believer that many teams would be willing to give up a 1st for Kipper. Unless of course the injury really holds him back. despite his age, he's still a very dominant goalie and teams that are desperate for a goalie could throw in their 1st if they want to beat out the other bidders. Its all about waiting till the deadline and fishing in the best deal.

As for Bouwmeester, he very well could be worth more if we trade him next season. He's been great so far but its not a big enough sample size for his trade value to grow just yet.. But ya if he does continue to flourish under Hartley, we could very well get more. I'd like to keep him though, there are not many players that can skate and log those minutes like he does so well. But if we do decide to blow it up completely he definitely will have a lot of trade value.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

If the Flames don't want to go through an Oiler-esque rebuild, trading every veteran is a really bad idea. You need someone on the roster with some experience to show the young guys what to do and how to be successful in the NHL. Look at the Oilers right now, while they have a bevy of top notch prospects who are doing pretty well, those kids have to bear the pressure of carrying the team while they're still trying to adapt to the NHL. It's a big mistake to down that route.

Ideally, you want to keep two of Wideman, Giordano, Bouwmeester, and one of Tanguay, Cammalleri, Iginla. You need to keep some level of stability in net too otherwise every mistake made ends up as a goal against, potentially ruining a players confidence and ability to take chances. Which is why keeping Kipper might not be such a bad idea. And penciling in Ramo as the number one next year is pretty bad idea too.

Last edited by Calculon: 02-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
If the Flames don't want to go through an Oiler-esque rebuild, trading every veteran is a really bad idea. You need someone on the roster with some experience to show the young guys what to do and how to be successful in the NHL. Look at the Oilers right now, while they have a bevy of top notch prospects who are doing pretty well, those kids have the bear the pressure of carrying the team while they're still trying to adapt to the NHL. It's a big mistake to down that route.

Ideally, you want to keep two of Wideman, Giordano, Bouwmeester, and one of Tanguay, Cammalleri, Iginla. You need to keep some level of stability in net too otherwise every mistake made ends up as a goal against, potentially ruining a players confidence and ability to take chances. Which is why keeping Kipper might not be such a bad idea. And penciling in Ramo as the number one next year is pretty bad idea too.
Personally I would trade Iginla, Gio, Kipper, Sarich, Smith, Butler, Stempniak, Stajan, Babchuck.

Iginla for 1st + Maatta + conditional pick (2nd if Iggy re-signs 3rd if else)

Gio for Cole + Lehtera + 2nd/3rd

Kipper + Sarich to Tampa for Garon + Lee + 1st (only if Tampa thinks they can go deep this year else we probably get a 2nd for Kipper from SJ or Chicago)

Stempniak for a 2nd

Move Stajan for a 2nd or 3rd

Trade the conditional pick for Eller then next year our lineup is

Tanguay - Backlund - Cammy
Hudler - Cervenka - Sven
Clowe/Morrow Eller - Glencross
Bouma - Steckel - Jackman

Jbo - Cole
Brodie - Wideman
Murray - Breen

Ramo/Irving

Old
02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Personally I would trade Iginla, Gio, Kipper, Sarich, Smith, Butler, Stempniak, Stajan, Babchuck.

Iginla for 1st + Maatta + conditional pick (2nd if Iggy re-signs 3rd if else)

Gio for Cole + Lehtera + 2nd/3rd

Kipper + Sarich to Tampa for Garon + Lee + 1st (only if Tampa thinks they can go deep this year else we probably get a 2nd for Kipper from SJ or Chicago)

Stempniak for a 2nd

Move Stajan for a 2nd or 3rd

Trade the conditional pick for Eller then next year our lineup is

Tanguay - Backlund - Cammy
Hudler - Cervenka - Sven
Clowe/Morrow Eller - Glencross
Bouma - Steckel - Jackman

Jbo - Cole
Brodie - Wideman
Murray - Breen

Ramo/Irving
I'd trade Cammalleri as well, and either bump Clowe or Morrow up to the top six or find another big bodied physical top-sixer, if possible. Someone like Troy Brouwer or Steve Ott. A top six with Backlund, Tanguay, Hudler and Cervenka will get pushed around a lot. It'd still be a lottery team, but there would at least be some prospect depth added.

Oh, and I'd be surprised if Irving is still around next season.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:41 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I'd trade Cammalleri as well, and either bump Clowe or Morrow up to the top six or find another big bodied physical top-sixer, if possible. Someone like Troy Brouwer or Steve Ott. A top six with Backlund, Tanguay, Hudler and Cervenka will get pushed around a lot. It'd still be a lottery team, but there would at least be some prospect depth added.

Oh, and I'd be surprised if Irving is still around next season.
Cammy is a very good leader and has the best shot on the team, I think he would be a perfect guy to keep as it would take pressure of that second line and would make the team more dangerous. I too would be surprised if Irving is here next year but that was my dream world Flames. If we are talking reality then we do nothing draft some where around 10 and try again next season.

Unless we got an offer like 1st + a good prospect I think I hang on to Cammy.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Cammy is a very good leader and has the best shot on the team, I think he would be a perfect guy to keep as it would take pressure of that second line and would make the team more dangerous. I too would be surprised if Irving is here next year but that was my dream world Flames. If we are talking reality then we do nothing draft some where around 10 and try again next season.

Unless we got an offer like 1st + a good prospect I think I hang on to Cammy.
I agree with all of this. I like Cammy on our team moving forward.

Closed Thread