HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sykora vs Latendresse/Lapierre

View Poll Results: Sykora VS Latendresse/Lapierre
Sykora 17 30.36%
Latendresse or Lapierre or Another prospect 39 69.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Talent Analyst

vCash: 500
Sykora vs Latendresse/Lapierre

With the rumour , Gainey is on the road for Sykora . Do you will prefer him on the alignement or ( Latendresse / Lapierre ) ? . Because if we sign him , it will cost a place on the allignement . Kostitsyn is in because Gainey say that is will have a place for a prospect .

Voting considering EVERYTING (young developpement , salaries , .... )

Lets vote !

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 04:18 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Neither. I think Gainey is going to make a trade and then we shall see.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 04:39 PM
couris

*** Sykora Is Not Going To Take A Kid's Spot. Zed Or Some Scrub Is Going Out!

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I think Guy needs 1 more year. Bob doesn't bring prospects under 20

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 04:44 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I think Guy needs 1 more year. Bob doesn't bring prospects under 20
Grabovski could make the team, him and Kost have some good chemistry together too.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

i think sykora would be good if we got rid of someone. i dont think we should get rid of someone i think we should give them another chance but if bob gainey does get rid of someone then sykora would be a good addition. i dont think latendresse should play for the big club this year, even if he does have a good camp, because i think it could hurt his development. let him refine his skills in the q (if he still plays there next year, i dont know if hes over aged or anything yet?). he isnt able to pllay ahl yet cause he isnt old enough, so i dont think he should be able to play nhl either. i think keep him in junior if possible, then bring him to ahl, then the big club, or it could hurt his development. i say a. kostitsyn and grabovsky. why? well it seems kostitsyn is ready for the big times. and while grabovsky hasnt played any ahl or anything yet, if i do recall right, doesnt he play in a good european league. like someone previously said, im sure kostitsyn and grabovsky could cause some good chemistry

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Sshrags

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Neither. I think Gainey is going to make a trade and then we shall see.
I agree, either a trade or a UFA, I don't think it would be smart for the Habs to have two new rookies coming in. Don't forget, 4 of our potentially key players played their first FULL season last year. Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Komi. and Ryder has only played two full seasons.

That's a really young/innexperienced team. I'm not discounting the vets on the team OR their leadership and importance. But they can't carry the team alone, and 1 full succesful season for last years rookies, doesn't ensure that they will be solid NHL'ers this year. .. always a possibility of a sophmore jynx.

This team should concentrate on the young core that just came in, and assuming there are two extra spots like gainey said , use one to groom a new player, and the other to bring in another solid NHL'er, to help us remain competitive.

Sshrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Marksman

Kovalev Ryder Higgins plus either Perezhogin or Kostitsyn should make our top 6 wingers. No room for Sykora.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

For Sykora, it really comes down to the price, IMO. For $1M or so (which is totally unrealistic, of course) I think I'd take his experience and proven scoring touch over a rookie. If he's going to be here on a mini-albatrossic $6M/2yr type of deal, then it's really overpaying drastically for a guy who may be on his last legs and may not be getting any offers. I'd rather just wait until September when guys like this may come crawling to us on their hands and knees.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote