HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Should Undertaker's streak be broken?

View Poll Results: Should The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak eventually be broken?
Yes 10 23.26%
No 33 76.74%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Megahab

vCash: 500
Should Undertaker's streak be broken?

Should The Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania eventually be broken or do you think he should retire with it?

I've read a few posts on these forums where people say it should never be broken. I don't understand that logic. What is the argument for Undertaker retiring with the streak? How does that help anyone?

Breaking the streak would be a bigger win for someone than winning any WWE title. I think it would be a total waste for Undertaker to retire with the streak being unbroken.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Absolutely not.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
Absolutely not.
But why? I think it would be the equivalent of someone retiring as champion (voluntary retirement...not retirement due to injury like Edge).

Old
02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Depends on the circumstances. I think the only way I'd accept it is if it goes down the way RE mentioned in another thread and John Cena defeated The Undertaker, going crazy, turning the all the fans against him for the heel turn.

02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
I'd rather it be the Undertaker's legacy

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Depends on the circumstances. I think the only way I'd accept it is if it goes down the way RE mentioned in another thread and John Cena defeated The Undertaker, going crazy, turning the all the fans against him for the heel turn.
I was expecting you to come here to say Ambrose should end the streak

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:40 PM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

100% yes, but then if I had my way the streak never even would have started.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
I was expecting you to come here to say Ambrose should end the streak
The only young guy that should have ended it was Orton at 21, but that didn't happen. It's a tremendous vehicle to turn Cena heel and get EVERYWHERE, Internet fans and casuals against him, otherwise, I'm against it.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Megahab

The Orton-Taker build was too short for Orton to be the one to end the streak. Orton only turned heel again because his face run flopped. I think if that had worked out, it would have been Orton-HHH at Wrestlemania 21.

Also, I don't think the streak meant as much as it does today. I think that was the first year where they really used the streak to build the match. They mentioned the streak in past years, but WM 21 was the first time that the streak was the basis for the feud. And they've done that every year since.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Nope. Too late to break it now.

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Megahab

How can it be too late? The longer the streak is, the more valuable it becomes to be broken.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'd rather it be the Undertaker's legacy
Undertaker already has enough of a legacy. It's a such waste to have him retire with it. What does that do for anyone? It's the ultimate way to put someone over, why not use it?

Old
02-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Eisen

I voted no. But come to think of it. I wouldn't mind it being broken if he still retires undefeated. I have no idea who is going to take over that kind of legacy. It is a surefire shot to fail. that kind of streak needs a 15 year build up not just a few interviews imho. (perhaps a 20 year tournament starting with all rookies and build up feuds over the years, that would be some project xD)

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Robbler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
Undertaker already has enough of a legacy. It's a such waste to have him retire with it. What does that do for anyone? It's the ultimate way to put someone over, why not use it?
Because there is nobody worthy of that push. Like mentioned before the best opportunity would've been Orton at WM21.

But now? Nobody.

Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:54 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Yes. I've thought about taker losing it to Cena via him blatantly cheating for a long time now. It would be a great heel turn.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:58 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Because no one deserves it, and if someone got it, the WWE would blow it. This is the one thing that is his and no one else's, and no one else will or should ever get. He should keep it. It's not a "waste" either, because it will never happen again.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:00 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
You go out on your back.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

It's gone too far too end it now.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Only way I'm okay with 'Taker losing at Wrestlemania is if it's to Kane.. Not this year, but WM30..

Or....

Have Kane be in the final-2 at the Rumble against, say, Cesaro/Sandow... just as he's about to eliminate him and FINALLY win his first rumble, the lights go out.. they come back on and we see Undertaker standing behind Kane. Kane turns around and Undertaker throws him out setting up the rivalry one last time and giving Cesaro/Sandow the big push they need.

During various episodes of Raw up until Wrestlemania, when Kane or 'Taker are in a match, the lights go out and we hear the faint sound of an annoying high-pitched male voice.. On one episode we'll see a casket at the top of the rampway.

Finally, at Wrestlemania Kane and Undertaker have a casket match.. the end of the match would see Kane chokeslam 'Taker into the casket, and just as he reaches to close the lid.. 'Taker grabs Kane's arm and pulls him in.. the lights go out once again, as they have before on Raw.. we hear that same voice again say "Rest in Peace".. lights come up, two druids are standing beside the casket with Paul Bearer. The lid is closed resulting in a draw, and Paul Bearer "kills" the two men who have been abusing him. Kane becomes the first person to never lose to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and Undertaker still remains undefeated.

The next night on Raw, the Brothers of Destruction retire together....... Pete Rose comes out to poke fun at Kane for not being able to beat 'Taker in three tries. Kane gets ready to tombstone him, Rose turns around and runs into Undertaker who tombstones him instead.. then they both stand over his body.

Last edited by Kurdt Kobain: 02-20-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Only way I'm okay with 'Taker losing at Wrestlemania is if it's to Kane.. Not this year, but WM30..

Or....

Have Kane be in the final-2 at the Rumble against, say, Cesaro/Sandow... just as he's about to eliminate him and FINALLY win his first rumble, the lights go out.. they come back on and we see Undertaker standing behind Kane. Kane turns around and Undertaker throws him out setting up the rivalry one last time and giving Cesaro/Sandow the big push they need.

During various episodes of Raw up until Wrestlemania, when Kane or 'Taker are in a match, the lights go out and we hear the faint sound of an annoying high-pitched male voice.. On one episode we'll see a casket at the top of the rampway.

Finally, at Wrestlemania Kane and Undertaker have a casket match.. the end of the match would see Kane chokeslam 'Taker into the casket, and just as he reaches to close the lid.. 'Taker grabs Kane's arm and pulls him in.. the lights go out once again, as they have before on Raw.. we hear that same voice again say "Rest in Peace".. lights come up, two druids are standing beside the casket with Paul Bearer. The lid is closed resulting in a draw, and Paul Bearer "kills" the two men who have been abusing him. Kane becomes the first person to never lose to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and Undertaker still remains undefeated.

The next night on Raw, the Brothers of Destruction retire together....... Pete Rose comes out to poke fun at Kane for not being able to beat 'Taker in three tries. Kane gets ready to tombstone him, Rose turns around and runs into Undertaker who tombstones him instead.. then they both stand over his body.
Some of this sounds great, some does not.

I personally do not want Taker's streak to end. But if it were to end, it has to be to put over the next big thing. However, I do not see that person right now.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Some of this sounds great, some does not.

I personally do not want Taker's streak to end. But if it were to end, it has to be to put over the next big thing. However, I do not see that person right now.
What about it does and what doesn't?

Myself, I'm a strong believer that it should never end.. even if it were to put over someone, they better be 10000000000000000% damn ******* sure that he's the future face of the company or else they've just ruined, arguably, the most prestigious streak in wrestling history..

Since there's no young-gun in the company worthy of doing it, and 'Taker can't keep having matches at WM to "build the streak even more", nor go away for 5+ years to come back for one match and lose (his body couldn't handle it).. the only viable option, to me, if they had to have him lose is the guy he's had his most heated rivalry with: Kane.

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:14 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post

Or....

Agreed.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterBromont View Post
Because there is nobody worthy of that push. Like mentioned before the best opportunity would've been Orton at WM21.

But now? Nobody.
What if they built up a guy like Barrett or Ziggler? Is Orton really that much better than these two? Orton was just booked better at the time and was more over.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
This
That

Quote:
What if they built up a guy like Barrett or Ziggler? Is Orton really that much better than these two? Orton was just booked better at the time and was more over.
It needs to be a young up and comer if it does happen. Ziggler and Barrett are both 32. Nowhere near the end of their careers, but I think the one to end it would need to have the potential to carry the company for at least a decade, as one of the top stars.

This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Rumblick

They should listen to all the promos from last year's WM, consider the HH match "the end of an era", and have him retire. He barely made it to last year's WM, and we've been hearing aout his current issues for months now. Let him come out one night with the full entry and announce he's done.

His strongest bumps from here on out should come from Michelle McCool.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote