HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

IS Tyler Seguin The Next Phil Kessel ( I Hope Not)

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 08:20 AM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Dude, how about you learn the meaning of "bear down" then you can use it in the context of the quote, then you can explain to me how on earth you come up with the negative connotation.
No, how about you learn the MULTIPLE meanings of the term "bear down". You make it sound like he just needs to snap his shot off harder and that's what bear down means. To me its about effort and compete level.

Seguin will learn as its reinforced that he has too compete all over the ice. Kesell will never learn it.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
JAD

Seguin's what? 21?

Now if he where 26 – 27 or even 24 /25 I would say there is a possible problem.

Heck … it sounds like everyone is saying he has to learn to work harder to create his chances here in the NHL - almost sounds like they are saying, without saying, that he had it easy in Europe.

Give the kid time – he’ll figure it out and come around – too much talent and too much of a desire to improve – one day it will be like someone flicked a switch and he will make it look somewhat easy (but that is going to take time – his time – not ours – when he is ready – confidence, understanding, and maturity)

Old
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
Seguin's what? 21?

Now if he where 26 – 27 or even 24 /25 I would say there is a possible problem.

Heck … it sounds like everyone is saying he has to learn to work harder to create his chances here in the NHL - almost sounds like they are saying, without saying, that he had it easy in Europe.

Give the kid time – he’ll figure it out and come around – too much talent and too much of a desire to improve – one day it will be like someone flicked a switch and he will make it look somewhat easy (but that is going to take time – his time – not ours – when he is ready – confidence, understanding, and maturity)
Actually its not "his" time its his teams time and money. Certain things like compete level
will be demanded from him regardless of maturity.

I understand your point on him being ready on his own time with skill levels and application of it to his game. However he wont control whats demanded of him for basic things like how hard you are trying .

I don't know many employers or bosses saying take your time figuring it out while my competition devoured me...lol.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:04 AM
spokedB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Actually its not "his" time its his teams time and money. Certain things like compete level

I understand your point on him being ready on his own time with skill levels and application of it to his game. However he wont control whats demanded of him for basic things like how hard you are trying .

I don't know many employers or bosses saying take your time figuring it out while my competition devoured me...lol.
Besides - fans need someone to kvetch about.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
JAD

Quote:
Well, the team drafted an 18 year old based upon his perceived potential.

They did not receive a finished product.

It is that potential that they are paying for knowing full well that the potential will need to be developed and that they will push him to achieve what he is considered capable of. And push all they will, but reaching that potential requires time, time to make mistakes, time to learn and acquire knowledge, time for his body to mature, and time to realize what he is capable of doing.

I agree the team will push him to reach his potential.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

So many people using the term "compete level."

So many people who probably have no idea what that term means.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:01 AM
redsox7327

Oh man, he leads the team in +/-!!!

Old
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
So many people using the term "compete level."

So many people who probably have no idea what that term means.
Please enlighten us, O Disciple of Amendolara, if you find us worthy of such teachings.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
No, how about you learn the MULTIPLE meanings of the term "bear down". You make it sound like he just needs to snap his shot off harder and that's what bear down means. To me its about effort and compete level.

Seguin will learn as its reinforced that he has too compete all over the ice. Kesell will never learn it.
I see... You have "breakfast with Elvis" syndrome.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
putabergeronthegrill

I see no problem with compete level - just with things that should be basic like getting the puck on net and knowing when to pass or shoot

Old
02-19-2013, 07:25 PM
rocketdan9

Claude has done a horrible job placing him on the physical/defensive minded bergy line.

The focus to score which is segs bread and butter was/is not there. Of course he will score little points.

The best line he played with was with Lucic and Kelly. Claude imo should try this line out for 3 games or so. I mean our defensive game has been good, but offense pretty hard to comeback needing crazy 3rd period comebacks.

New tryout lines

Horton Krejci Peverly (very good vs Tampa a few years back)
Seguin Kelly Lucic
Marchand Bergeron Bourque
4th line

Marchand and Bergy can play with anyone. They just got to be decent on the defensive end. Bourque has been pretty good , though he hasn't score as much as we like to see. Maybe he clicks with the Bergy line. Peverly , Horty and Krejci had good success before and Kelly, Seg, Lucic line was amazing before.

Why not? We won't give up anymore goals but may ignite the offense

Closed Thread