HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

IS Tyler Seguin The Next Phil Kessel ( I Hope Not)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 08:20 AM
  #176
doakacola*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Dude, how about you learn the meaning of "bear down" then you can use it in the context of the quote, then you can explain to me how on earth you come up with the negative connotation.
No, how about you learn the MULTIPLE meanings of the term "bear down". You make it sound like he just needs to snap his shot off harder and that's what bear down means. To me its about effort and compete level.

Seguin will learn as its reinforced that he has too compete all over the ice. Kesell will never learn it.

doakacola* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
  #177
JAD
Registered User
 
JAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Seguin's what? 21?

Now if he where 26 – 27 or even 24 /25 I would say there is a possible problem.

Heck … it sounds like everyone is saying he has to learn to work harder to create his chances here in the NHL - almost sounds like they are saying, without saying, that he had it easy in Europe.

Give the kid time – he’ll figure it out and come around – too much talent and too much of a desire to improve – one day it will be like someone flicked a switch and he will make it look somewhat easy (but that is going to take time – his time – not ours – when he is ready – confidence, understanding, and maturity)

JAD is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
  #178
doakacola*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
Seguin's what? 21?

Now if he where 26 – 27 or even 24 /25 I would say there is a possible problem.

Heck … it sounds like everyone is saying he has to learn to work harder to create his chances here in the NHL - almost sounds like they are saying, without saying, that he had it easy in Europe.

Give the kid time – he’ll figure it out and come around – too much talent and too much of a desire to improve – one day it will be like someone flicked a switch and he will make it look somewhat easy (but that is going to take time – his time – not ours – when he is ready – confidence, understanding, and maturity)
Actually its not "his" time its his teams time and money. Certain things like compete level
will be demanded from him regardless of maturity.

I understand your point on him being ready on his own time with skill levels and application of it to his game. However he wont control whats demanded of him for basic things like how hard you are trying .

I don't know many employers or bosses saying take your time figuring it out while my competition devoured me...lol.

doakacola* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:04 AM
  #179
spokedB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: western Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Actually its not "his" time its his teams time and money. Certain things like compete level
will be demanded from him regardless of maturity.

I understand your point on him being ready on his own time with skill levels and application of it to his game. However he wont control whats demanded of him for basic things like how hard you are trying .

I don't know many employers or bosses saying take your time figuring it out while my competition devoured me...lol.
Besides - fans need someone to kvetch about.

spokedB is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
  #180
JAD
Registered User
 
JAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Actually its not "his" time its his teams time and money. Certain things like compete level
will be demanded from him regardless of maturity.
Well, the team drafted an 18 year old based upon his perceived potential.

They did not receive a finished product.

It is that potential that they are paying for knowing full well that the potential will need to be developed and that they will push him to achieve what he is considered capable of. And push all they will, but reaching that potential requires time, time to make mistakes, time to learn and acquire knowledge, time for his body to mature, and time to realize what he is capable of doing.

I agree the team will push him to reach his potential.

JAD is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
  #181
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
So many people using the term "compete level."

So many people who probably have no idea what that term means.

TSC* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:01 AM
  #182
redsox7327
Registered User
 
redsox7327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Oh man, he leads the team in +/-!!!

redsox7327 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
  #183
Bone for your jar
Registered User
 
Bone for your jar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, Mass.
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
So many people using the term "compete level."

So many people who probably have no idea what that term means.
Please enlighten us, O Disciple of Amendolara, if you find us worthy of such teachings.

Bone for your jar is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
  #184
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
No, how about you learn the MULTIPLE meanings of the term "bear down". You make it sound like he just needs to snap his shot off harder and that's what bear down means. To me its about effort and compete level.

Seguin will learn as its reinforced that he has too compete all over the ice. Kesell will never learn it.
I see... You have "breakfast with Elvis" syndrome.

Spooner st is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
  #185
putabergeronthegrill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
I see no problem with compete level - just with things that should be basic like getting the puck on net and knowing when to pass or shoot

putabergeronthegrill is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 07:25 PM
  #186
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Claude has done a horrible job placing him on the physical/defensive minded bergy line.

The focus to score which is segs bread and butter was/is not there. Of course he will score little points.

The best line he played with was with Lucic and Kelly. Claude imo should try this line out for 3 games or so. I mean our defensive game has been good, but offense pretty hard to comeback needing crazy 3rd period comebacks.

New tryout lines

Horton Krejci Peverly (very good vs Tampa a few years back)
Seguin Kelly Lucic
Marchand Bergeron Bourque
4th line

Marchand and Bergy can play with anyone. They just got to be decent on the defensive end. Bourque has been pretty good , though he hasn't score as much as we like to see. Maybe he clicks with the Bergy line. Peverly , Horty and Krejci had good success before and Kelly, Seg, Lucic line was amazing before.

Why not? We won't give up anymore goals but may ignite the offense

rocketdan9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.