HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Habs have offered Sykora a two year deal

Old
07-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Quote:
Then sign Sykora and trade Ribeiro to someone who wants him.
Well , there is the problem...........

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:39 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Panic move.
it's not a panic move if bob want 3 lines that can scores and is only offering something in the league of 1,5 to 2 millions per year.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:43 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2 View Post
Why would other teams trade for Zednik or Ribeiro, if Sykora was available for about one million more per season at 3M (wishful thinking from this very thread)?(Saving their pick/prospect too.)

Ribeiro/Zednik could propably fetch us something - but IMO the bottom line is while most serious teams have cap issues (wanting to send back players) the rebuilding teams usually like to keep their good picks and prospects... so its going to be salary dump type of action for mid-draft pick or lesser prospects. Especially if it happens after you put yourself close to the cap and everyone with internet connection sees it at NHLPA.
I dont know...ask Washington. It's not the high 2nd rounder I in my example...but it's washington's 3rd pick is the next best thing.

Bravo Bob!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I dont know...ask Washington. It's not the high 2nd rounder I in my example...but it's washington's 3rd pick is the next best thing.

Bravo Bob!

Yes, I'm pleasantly surpriced aswell ... early 3rd for Zednik, Johnson for late 4th, cannot decide which one is the bigger steal. Brilliant move, but still does not cut salary for Sykora.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:

Bravo Bob!
seems like bigtimer is wrong. not a surprise.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:01 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Its been beaten to death for months. Either go on the Trade Rumour board and post a thread about Zednik's worth or cycle through the 250 threads on the exact same matter. Zednik could probably get us a 4th rounder. Maybe a 3rd if some team was desperate or if we're willing to throw in a late pick or a conditional one.
WRONG!!!

Old
07-12-2006, 06:05 PM
znk

Quote:
Yes, I'm pleasantly surpriced aswell ... early 3rd for Zednik, Johnson for late 4th, cannot decide which one is the bigger steal. Brilliant move, but still does not cut salary for Sykora.
We dont need to cut anything. We are at 35 millions...way bellow the cap. See this link. http://hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=329
supplied in this thread.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=270273

Old
07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
seems like bigtimer is wrong. not a surprise.
Probably a panic move.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
WRONG!!!
Zednik could probably get us a 4th rounder. Maybe a 3rd if some team was desperate or if we're willing to throw in a late pick or a conditional one.

Read much? Or I guess the Caps are so filled with depth that they aren't considered desperate. Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:09 PM
znk

Quote:
Zednik could probably get us a 4th rounder. Maybe a 3rd if some team was desperate or if we're willing to throw in a late pick or a conditional one.

Read much? Or I guess the Caps are so filled with depth that they aren't considered desperate. Thanks for playing, better luck next time.
I think its a huge step from 4rth rounder/Maybe 3rd to early in the 3rd round.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:12 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
*Probably* a 4th rounder if you offer him around the league to get him off your hands. 3rd rounder if a team is coveting a #4-9 forward depth. And as for the early 3rd... I bet you would of been more than willing to swap first rounders with Carolina last year, huh?

Old
07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
znk

Quote:
*Probably* a 4th rounder if you offer him around the league to get him off your hands. 3rd rounder if a team is coveting a #4-9 forward depth. And as for the early 3rd... I bet you would of been more than willing to swap first rounders with Carolina last year, huh?
Indeed but if you give the choice between Ottawa's 3rd pick and Washington's 3rd pick I take my chance with washington's.

Anway, you're the one who jumped on me when I suggested trading zednik for a pick.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:20 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:

lol, the coyotes are a bad team (but not desperate)...a 3rd pick from them is equivalent to that of 2nd pick from a good team.
the coyotes had 16 players under contract for somewhere around the neighborhood of 30 million dollars. with 14 million to spend on comrie (should see a ribeiro type contract), saprikyn (1.5 million) and nagy (3.5-5 million).

perhaps you should learn the situation, thanks for playing.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
lol, the coyotes are a bad team (but not desperate)...a 3rd pick from them is equivalent to that of 2nd pick from a good team.
the coyotes had 16 players under contract for somewhere around the neighborhood of 30 million dollars. with 14 million to spend on comrie (should see a ribeiro type contract), saprikyn (1.5 million) and nagy (3.5-5 million).

perhaps you should learn the situation, thanks for playing.
Richard Zednik was traded to the Capitals. Thanks for confirming that you can't read. I had my suspicions but now I have proof.

Looks like you're playing the wrong game, period.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:30 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Richard Zednik was traded to the Capitals. Thanks for confirming that you can't read. I had my suspicions but now I have proof.

that's the point i'm making genius, zednik was essentially traded with a 4th round pick for johnson and a low third round pick.
lol.

seems like you underestimated the value of richard zednik, because a 3rd rounder from the caps is worth more than a 3rd rounder from phoenix.

pwned.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:31 PM
pblc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
Why arent the threads about rumours from The Code deleted like the eklund threads are? are they right most of the time?

Raider....completely off topic, but who is the girl in your avatar? All I can say is

pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Marksman

Quote:
We dont need to cut anything. We are at 35 millions...way bellow the cap. See this link. http://hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=329
supplied in this thread.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=270273
Huh? There are only 19 contracts on that list. Count for yourself.

You need couple other names for full roster, in addition to Ryder and Perezhogin, until you have a complete team.

I was using the NHLPA.com payroll.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:34 PM
znk

Quote:
Huh? There are only 19 contracts on that list. Count for yourself.

You need couple other names for full roster, in addition to Ryder and Perezhogin, until you have a complete team.

I was using the NHLPA.com payroll.
well yeah and? You need to add 4 players to make the 23 player orster....that wont add 10 million dollars will it? unless you expect 2 of them to make 3 million and 2 of them to make 2.

Old
CrazyShea

Quote:

Bigtimer 1 Hunjeebakala 0

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigTimer*

Quote:
that's the point i'm making genius, zednik was essentially traded with a 4th round pick for johnson and a low third round pick.
lol.

seems like you underestimated the value of richard zednik, because a 3rd rounder from the caps is worth more than a 3rd rounder from phoenix.

pwned.
No. You made a mistake and now this is your lame cop-out. Zednik was acquired by the Capitals which has no relevence to the salary cap situation of Phoenix which you outlined.

I said a 3rd rounder from a desperate team... We got a 3rd rounder from a desperate team. I'm right. You're wrong. I can tell this is hitting you hard by your responses. No need to shed a tear though darling.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:35 PM
wholeshow*

duhhhh zednik can't even get a 2nd rounder. a 2nd rounder from detroit and a 3rd rounder from the caps is 4 spots.

someone can't tell asset value.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:37 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
No. You made a mistake and now this is your lame cop-out. Zednik was acquired by the Capitals which has no relevence to the salary cap situation of Phoenix which you outlined.

I said a 3rd rounder from a desperate team... We got a 3rd rounder from a desperate team. I'm right. You're wrong. I can tell this is hitting you hard by your responses. No need to shed a tear though darling.

oh whooopsie, i made a little typo.
RUH OHHHH

Old
Marksman

Quote:
Dont forget the compensation picks tagged to the end of 2nd round ... that pick is propably going to be something like 66-68th pick, if Caps finish lottery 3rd.

Old
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Bigtimer 1 Hunjeebakala 10000
agreed.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Isles Never Quit

Why get Sykora who will ask for >3mill?

Why not Oleg Kvasha? 6'5" shoots right and is a decent 2nd liner?

Isles Never Quit is offline   Reply With Quote