HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 04:08 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Good to see so many posters trashing a guy who bled blue-white and red, who loved playing in Mtl and was always available to the media and the fans.

The same fans who loved Komisarek and cried the day he signed with TO and felt betrayed.

And btw, why didn't we keep up his own thread. I'm sorry but Darche was a great ambassador to the habs... ffs, we keep irrelevant OT threads alive, but no, Darche retiring doesn't deserve it's own thread for a few days ???

Darche was used too much by Martin, but in what way is it Darche's fault... he always gave his 100% on the ice, ALWAYS... and that is the definition of a true professional.
The dude played just under 2 season's worth of games for this team. Bled bleu blanc rouge? Really? He was an adequate grinder for one year. His play dropped off afterwards. Doesn't deserve hate, doesn't really deserve much else either. I wonder if people will care when Moen retires, or say that he bled blue-white and red?

Old
02-19-2013, 04:15 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Good to see so many posters trashing a guy who bled blue-white and red, who loved playing in Mtl and was always available to the media and the fans.

The same fans who loved Komisarek and cried the day he signed with TO and felt betrayed.

And btw, why didn't we keep up his own thread. I'm sorry but Darche was a great ambassador to the habs... ffs, we keep irrelevant OT threads alive, but no, Darche retiring doesn't deserve it's own thread for a few days ???

Darche was used too much by Martin, but in what way is it Darche's fault... he always gave his 100% on the ice, ALWAYS... and that is the definition of a true professional.
Hmm... I'll never forget about him peeing red blue and white each and every time the game was getting a little tougher and how great he was to talk to his opponents before the faceoffs were taken. He also was a real beauty in the CBA negociations, and when he started yapping at Subban in front of everybody on the bench.

Blame the media, blame Martin, to me if you have to summarize all the problems of our team in the last few years in one picture, it should be his headshot.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Et le But

Darche took plenty of abuse going to the net, was good at screening goalies, had decent offensive instincts despite a lack of skill, and worked hard to make the NHL. He probably took more physical abuse playing hockey than anyone calling him soft in this thread. He was what he was, a replaceable role player who did a good job with whatever limited talent he had, and is probably better suited for management anyway. He was annoying during the CBA negotiations, but the same can be said about heroic leaders Gorges and Prust.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
SnapVirus

**** Darche. He looked like Martin's snitch.

Would be yapping aroung and tell him everything happening in the dressing room. His teammates never seem to liked him. Yelled to Subban on the bench. Im happy to see him gone. And if he has no job, its cauze hes not a NHL caliber player.

Last edited by Gary320: 02-19-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Gary320

I wasn't a big fan of Darche. Mostly because of Martin over using him and I wouldn't even be surprised if he was the rat of the lockeroom, to the coaching staff and the media.. just assuming though. But I still kinda have to respect the fact that until he started playing with the Habs, he never quit on his dream.

Not sure how I feel about him not accepting a two deal or turning now deals to play in the AHL or Europe. I mean, I understand that he feels he's payed his dues already. But I think he really over-estimated his talents. I wouldn't be surprised if even turned a two way deal to play with the Devils. A player in his role, his age, his 'talent' I can't believe he turned down a two way deal. Just makes no sense, he would have easily been in the lineup over Armstrong. But I think he let an ego get the best of him.

Anyway, he wasn't a core player, was a good role player. Sucks to see him kinda give up this time around. I could understand him not accepting a AHL only contract, but I think his experience could have helped alot of guys out.

On another note. Grigorenko, scratched again. Not sure how well or how bad he's doing... but healthy scratching the kid on a average Sabres team, means he wasn't ready to begin with.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
**** Darche. He looked like Martin's snitch.

Would be yapping aroung and tell him everything happening in the dressing room. His teammates never seem to liked him. Yelled to Subban on the bench. Im happy to see him gone. And if he has no job, its cauze hes not a NHL caliber player. If he wasnt french, he would never have played again in the NHL.
I'm curious to know how you know what's happening in the dressing room.

Last edited by Gary320: 02-19-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I wasn't a big fan of Darche. Mostly because of Martin over using him and I wouldn't even be surprised if he was the rat of the lockeroom, to the coaching staff and the media.. just assuming though. But I still kinda have to respect the fact that until he started playing with the Habs, he never quit on his dream.

Not sure how I feel about him not accepting a two deal or turning now deals to play in the AHL or Europe. I mean, I understand that he feels he's payed his dues already. But I think he really over-estimated his talents. I wouldn't be surprised if even turned a two way deal to play with the Devils. A player in his role, his age, his 'talent' I can't believe he turned down a two way deal. Just makes no sense, he would have easily been in the lineup over Armstrong. But I think he let an ego get the best of him.

Anyway, he wasn't a core player, was a good role player. Sucks to see him kinda give up this time around. I could understand him not accepting a AHL only contract, but I think his experience could have helped alot of guys out.

On another note. Grigorenko, scratched again. Not sure how well or how bad he's doing... but healthy scratching the kid on a average Sabres team, means he wasn't ready to begin with.
Perhaps he has a media type job on locks which paid more/similar than what an AHL salary would bring.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Perhaps he has a media type job on locks which paid more/similar than what an AHL salary would bring.
Yeah he did say on twitter that he's going to move on to a second career. If thats what it is. Then I'd do the same thing in his shoes.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Go Tampa Bay.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Not sure Darche deserve any bashing whatsoever. Perfect team guy, clearly coaching material, did the most he could with the talent he had. Only wish but for me solely was to see him going in Hamilton for a few years and helping the farm team and the kids. But yet...I'm not him. Thanks Mathieu!

Old
02-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure Darche deserve any bashing whatsoever. Perfect team guy, clearly coaching material, did the most he could with the talent he had. Only wish but for me solely was to see him going in Hamilton for a few years and helping the farm team and the kids. But yet...I'm not him. Thanks Mathieu!
Yeah I think he over-estimated his abilities, but the fact if the matter is that when you play in NHL for many years, going back in the AHL is probably not the most desirable choice one can make.

I'm sure RDS will pick him up. It would be interesting to see him in interviews with the current habs lineup.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The dude played just under 2 season's worth of games for this team. Bled bleu blanc rouge? Really? He was an adequate grinder for one year. His play dropped off afterwards. Doesn't deserve hate, doesn't really deserve much else either. I wonder if people will care when Moen retires, or say that he bled blue-white and red?
Are you only watching TSN and reading the Gazette ?? Because, for two years, in the "french" media, he was the go to guys for these years. You can't deny it... for most francophon fans (I'm not saying all, I couldn't care less if you are or anyone else is francophon "and don't care about him" crap), he was an important part of this team.

I'm not saying it was right or wrong and I'm not (nor do I want) starting a debate, just bringing facts. Local players tend to have a more important part in the team (every team, btw).

I'm not saying he needs to be on higher pedestal, but he surely was more than the player he was on the ice, sorry for anyone who isn't happy with this.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Are you only watching TSN and reading the Gazette ?? Because, for two years, in the "french" media, he was the go to guys for these years. You can't deny it... for most francophon fans (I'm not saying all, I couldn't care less if you are or anyone else is francophon "and don't care about him" crap), he was an important part of this team.

I'm not saying it was right or wrong and I'm not (nor do I want) starting a debate, just bringing facts. Local players tend to have a more important part in the team (every team, btw).

I'm not saying he needs to be on higher pedestal, but he surely was more than the player he was on the ice, sorry for anyone who isn't happy with this.
Darche was not the one demanding ice time and time on the top two lines. His coaches , Martin and Cunneyworth gave him responsabilities beyond his skills and talent. But he gave everything he could ans was a very honest performer. Plus he was paid peanuts by nhl standards.,

The guy was on the media too often because he was one of the very rare guy who could communicate to the fans in French. Not his fault, again.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:32 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

Quote:

This post is so hilariously all over the place, I have no idea where to start. I'll give it a shot, however.

I watch my hockey on RDS, and I'd use the gazette to wipe my ass if it wasn't so damn scratchy. French is also my mother tongue. I know you said you didn't care, but the tone of your post seems to indicate otherwise.

I really, really don't care if he was the french media's darling. I don't care about who gives what quotes. I care about who helps my team win. It's very nice that you attribute extra value to a hockey player because of how well spoken he is in front of a camera, but it means absolutely nothing. And I have nothing against Darche, he was an above average grinder for parts of his tenure here. But he was nothing more than that. His language, his quotes, none of those make him any more useful as a hockey player, and, *gasp*, that is how I tend to judge hockey players. On their hockeying. Cool? Cool.

You go on to say that you don't want to put him on a pedestal, but that's exactly what you're doing. When language, culture, race, skin color, religion start influencing your opinion of someone or how you evaluate their play on the ice, it exposes an ignorance that should be purged, not encouraged.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Rosso Scuderia

I don't get the hate towards Darche really.

He's good at nothing except giving everything on the ice, on every shifts.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is how we should look upon Darche
As for the last part if he's lined up a second career i see why he wouldn't return to the AHL
Betcha the guy takes a run at being an agent

Old
02-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
This is how we should look upon Darche
As for the last part if he's lined up a second career i see why he wouldn't return to the AHL
Betcha the guy takes a run at being an agent
I don't think he wants to be a player agent. He always wanted to be on the managing side of a hockey team. He will probably end up with a somewhat entry level management job with the Devils.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:19 PM
OneSharpMarble

Hating on Darche but Martin is still revered here? Ah yes habs hfboards, makes perfect sense, same people who hated MAB while he made nothing and ran the PP.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
FieryBergevin
from the ashes

I miss Pierre Dagenais

Old
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This post is so hilariously all over the place, I have no idea where to start. I'll give it a shot, however.

I watch my hockey on RDS, and I'd use the gazette to wipe my ass if it wasn't so damn scratchy. French is also my mother tongue. I know you said you didn't care, but the tone of your post seems to indicate otherwise.

I really, really don't care if he was the french media's darling. I don't care about who gives what quotes. I care about who helps my team win. It's very nice that you attribute extra value to a hockey player because of how well spoken he is in front of a camera, but it means absolutely nothing. And I have nothing against Darche, he was an above average grinder for parts of his tenure here. But he was nothing more than that. His language, his quotes, none of those make him any more useful as a hockey player, and, *gasp*, that is how I tend to judge hockey players. On their hockeying. Cool? Cool.

You go on to say that you don't want to put him on a pedestal, but that's exactly what you're doing. When language, culture, race, skin color, religion start influencing your opinion of someone or how you evaluate their play on the ice, it exposes an ignorance that should be purged, not encouraged.
That coming from a mod... wow. You don't know me and shouldn't try to go down that path with me as I KNOW I have more knowledge on social issues than you... my degrees say so.

As for my post, you completely missed it by a mile. I never talked about Darche the hockey player, but Darche to spoke person (If I can say that). Yes, he was more important than his role on this team, period.

Again, I wrote that I wasn't trying to say if it was right or wrong that francophon players get more media coverage, yet you implied I was in favor... it's pathetic.

I also wrote that for most francophon fans he was important... again I wrote I didn't mean everyone and I wrote that I didn't care if you were or not... yet, you said I meant the exact opposite of what I wrote... again pathetic.

Again, for you to understand my post, I'll make it clear.
1. I don't care the language a player speaks when evaluating his play on ice.
2. I wasn't evaluation Darche on ice importance to the team
3. I was refering to his importance in the media and the fans
4. I'm pointing to the fact that he is more important than other marginal players because of that.
5. I'm not saying it's right or wrong... just that it is what it is.

If you want, I can pm you all of this in french for better understanding... and please don't ever insult me this way ever again...

Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Leafs Lose 4-2

---------------------

Fast pace in this oilers/kings game so far

Old
02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Joe Bowen calls Fraser-Aulie tilt "Fraser - Ali 4" . Good one Joe.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:20 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

So Wait Guys... Scrivens isn't a vezina contender anymore?

Old
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116110

Old
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Et le But

Anyone know why Gomez is scratched?

Closed Thread