HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens @ Rangers 2/19/13 - Moar Icing

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Derek Stepan 31 28.70%
Carl Hagelin 56 51.85%
Marian Gaborik 2 1.85%
Chris Kreider 5 4.63%
JT Miller 1 0.93%
Brandon Mashinter 10 9.26%
Arron Asham 3 2.78%
Ryan McDonagh 5 4.63%
Montreal's Icings 47 43.52%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 13.89%
Martin Biron 12 11.11%
Anton Stralman 36 33.33%
Marc Staal 2 1.85%
Brad Richards 12 11.11%
Michael Del Zotto 3 2.78%
Taylor Pyatt 1 0.93%
Dan Girardi 1 0.93%
Matt Gilroy 1 0.93%
Jeff Halpern 3 2.78%
Ryan Callahan 7 6.48%
Bwian Bwoyle 9 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
The thing is, I don't "really think" they'll be anything good or bad. I think the season is young and started off weird and the team isn't up to the level they're capable of yet. I think the knee-jerk "we suck" statements are the same exact sort of stuff I read early last year. I think that this board has become almost completely full of people who want to sit around and whine incessantly no matter what the team looks like. They looked awful tonight, no doubt, but the whining isn't new.
Guy, the problem before was that Torts didn't have "good" personnel and that's why we tapered off a bit there in the end. We get Nash..and..?

Shortened season or no shortened season, it really takes a turd to make last year's PP look special compared to this season.

Sorry, not everyone is a ****ing optimist.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Trade Gáborík, buy out Richards, then sign Getzlaf and Perry

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
“@AGrossRecord: Torts says this game was probably the worst game he's ever been involved in.”
I wonder if he meant the worst game in general or the worst game by the Rangers. If it's the worst game in general that may be the case. Brutal game. Though I remember winning a game last year against the Devils when the shots were 18-14 or something. However if it's by the Rangers that's huge hyperbole. It's a) not even the worst game this season and b) not even the worst game against Montreal.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Trade Gáborík, buy out Richards, then sign Getzlaf and Perry
I would be happy trading both and moving on from there

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter3511 View Post
We're 6-3-1 over our last ten but from reading this thread you'd think we had gone 0-10-0.

I don't know if its funny because it illustrates how bipolar and ridiculous HFboards are in general, or depressing because it is a reflection of the sense of entitlement of the current generation.
Agreed.

It's like the team needs to win them all or play their best each one. The only thing more pathetic than their play tonight is the amount of childish posts in this thread.

Grow up, the team lost a ****ing game.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:18 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Rick Nash ‏@****ingNash

We're just a buncha inconsistent ****s and it saddens me. #stillbetterthancolumbus

I absolutely love the person behind this account.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MaximusT

Quote:
Yeah, we get it. Torts, the coach who's "mindless" strategy led this team to their best season in years, is a "big clown." So many big clowns win cups an Jack Adams awards and coach teams to 50 win seasons and first place in the ECF.

Some of this post has been posted 3 or 4 times already.
Okay, remove his ECF run and you have a year where the team missed the playoffs, followed by a year where we relied on the Lightning to stomp the Hurricanes to slot us into 8th on the last day.
Listen I'm not discounting that ECF run last year, but GF-wise we were middle of that pack (13th) throughout the season and if it wasn't for Hank standing on his head all year we would have probably finished 4-6 in the East.

And lets not forget that our road to the ECF was not an entirely convincing performance for a 1st place team. Having to beat Ottawa and Washington in 7.

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

What's gonna be their record after this week? We know they aren't winning in Montreal on Saturday. Ottawa is a trap game waiting to happen.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

top 3 stars(for montreal): richards, del zotto, and prust.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
SnowblindNYR

Am I the only one not TOTALLY disgusted by the Rangers' game? I missed the game after Montreal's 2nd goal but at least we kept Montreal's chances to a minimum. Though I guess the way they played helped. It's as if they didn't want to generate any offense.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Agreed.

It's like the team needs to win them all or play their best each one. The only thing more pathetic than their play tonight is the amount of childish posts in this thread.

Grow up, the team lost a ****ing game.
Seen the standings lately? February is almost over. Team still looks like ****.

The time for bad games has past for the Rangers already. They've had their lull.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
I wouldn't be opposed to trading Gabby and Richards, but not because I'm in "panic mode" but rather this team needs to grab some younger and

more skilled players and start new if this is the team we're going to have the rest of the year. If these two can bring back a solid return and those

new players can join Nash in bringing some life to this team, I'd be all for it.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Guy, the problem before was that Torts didn't have "good" personnel and that's we tapered off a bit there in the end. We get Nash..and..?

Shortened season or no shortened season, it really take a turd to make last year's PP look special compared to this season.

Sorry, not everyone is a ****ing optimist.
The "problem" before was that 1 team of 30 wins the cup and NYR wasn't that team. They made it to the ECF, finished first in the conference, got 50 wins. They put up a hell of a fight and they lost. They had the best season they've had as a franchise in a long, long time. Addressing a problem after a season like that doesn't' mean that you necessarily come out on fire and tear the league up. They came out slow and rusty to start the short season. It sucks. It doesn't lead to all of the knee-jerk sky is falling conclusions about the coach being stupid and huge players being useless.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I wonder if he meant the worst game in general or the worst game by the Rangers. If it's the worst game in general that may be the case. Brutal game. Though I remember winning a game last year against the Devils when the shots were 18-14 or something. However if it's by the Rangers that's huge hyperbole. It's a) not even the worst game this season and b) not even the worst game against Montreal.
I was at that game we lost 1-0, Hedberg had 14 saves I believe. Kovy scored on a breakaway from a Staal giveaway

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to trading Gabby and Richards, but not because I'm in "panic mode" but rather this team needs to grab some younger and

more skilled players and start new if this is the team we're going to have the rest of the year. If these two can bring back a solid return and those

new players can join Nash in bringing some life to this team, I'd be all for it.
I have been calling fo this for months. It's not a knee-jerk reaction on my part. When your highest paid players lack th ability or drive to be difference-makers in multiple ways your team will be inconsistent.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:25 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
The "problem" before was that 1 team of 30 wins the cup and NYR wasn't that team. They made it to the ECF, finished first in the conference, got 50 wins. They put up a hell of a fight and they lost. They had the best season they've had as a franchise in a long, long time. Addressing a problem after a season like that doesn't' mean that you necessarily come out on fire and tear the league up. They came out slow and rusty to start the short season. It sucks. It doesn't lead to all of the knee-jerk sky is falling conclusions about the coach being stupid and huge players being useless.
Someone else said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
Okay, remove his ECF run and you have a year where the team missed the playoffs, followed by a year where we relied on the Lightning to stomp the Hurricanes to slot us into 8th on the last day.
Listen I'm not discounting that ECF run last year, but GF-wise we were middle of that pack (13th) throughout the season and if it wasn't for Hank standing on his head all year we would have probably finished 4-6 in the East.

And lets not forget that our road to the ECF was not an entirely convincing performance for a 1st place team. Having to beat Ottawa and Washington in 7.
And please, let's not make it sound like the ECF was the big dance: Stanley Cup Finals.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post

Remove his most successful season and he missed the playoffs and then made them. Getting in 8th isn't shameful. Ask the Kings.

The fact that the main complaints about last year in hindsight are that the team had to play to their strengths with Hank and that they took too many games to win their series shows you just how successful they were.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Stepanformayor*

IMO ya ain't gonna win a championship with a bunch of American college kids.. God bless them all but it ain't happening fella's.. This team needs some guts and intestinal fortitude.. Time for a shake up..Nuff said!

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Joe11

I love Maloneys post game comment " Rangers didn't make many mistakes, but you have to be doing something to make a mistake"

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Remove his most successful season and he missed the playoffs and then made them. Getting in 8th isn't shameful. Ask the Kings.
Problem with that comparison is the Kings did something in the playoffs.

Us? Blamed it that we don't have that offensive firepower.

Old
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Someone else said it best:

And please, let's not make it sound like the ECF was the big dance: Stanley Cup Finals.
Who's saying that? I'm saying that bad teams with "stupid" coaches don't make it to the ECF. There aren't 28 "idiot" coaches in the league.

I can be disappointed in the team without having that disappointment lead to absurd conclusions. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old
02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Whenever Nash comes back, probably time to send Miller back to CT.
miller def was not our issue tonight. he wasn't flashy, but i don't think he was outright bad.

i don't think gaborik was bad either... certainly not in the same remedial class as richards or del zotto.

richards needs to play hockey. tortorella needs to calm the **** down and let the boys collect themselves. he's the cause of the panic. he's not helping the team by losing control on the bench. guys look like the'yre absolutely paranoid that if they screw up they're gone so they hesitate on the ice and cause turnovers. cally or another vet NEEDS to get control of the room and himself if torts isn't going to.

bad game was bad. three horrible teams... ty officiating

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I have been calling fo this for months. It's not a knee-jerk reaction on my part. When your highest paid players lack th ability or drive to be difference-makers in multiple ways your team will be inconsistent.
Right about now, I'd put up Torts and Sully up on the chopping block before Richards and Gaborik.

How many more players have to come and go before Torts finally gets it right?

Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Not to mention neither really fit this teams identity.

How this team ends up this year in the standings and playoffs will ultimately decide the fate of those two. Unless they both start playing lights out for the rest of the season.

02-19-2013, 09:31 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

The game was horrible. Only good part was the guy yelling in my section the whole game.

"Richards, hit 'em with your contract!"

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote