HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Colorado (yes o'reilly)

Old
02-19-2013, 10:31 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
what has o'reilly proven to be worth all this ?

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Assuming the rumors are true (and they seem somewhat believable) that NYR was considering MDZ for ROR until the Avs asked for a prospect as well, then

MDZ=ROR
if as leafs fans contend
Gardiner>ROR
then
Gardiner>MDZ
I wonder how a Gardiner to NYR for MDZ+ trade proposal would go over with the NYR fans?

Avs fans have a set value in their mind for ROR. Leafs are set about Gardiner. None of us are GMs for our teams (or are we???). It seems to me that there is no more point in Gardiner for ROR discussions, since the Avs are not looking to add to their end of a deal for ROR unless its to add multiple play now Assets coming back, and the leafs fans feel the opposite. This Leafs/Avs bridge has been traveled enough.

Last edited by AslanRH: 02-19-2013 at 10:52 AM.
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:51 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
How about Reilly+Kadri+1st rounder for the next 5 years+Kessel?
Nahh i like the other deal better

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Bozak
Liles
Stuart Percy
2nd

For

O'Reilly
Brad Malone

Avalance get good roster players that can help them win now. Liles is familiar with Colorado and would provide much needed offence to colorados blue line. Bozak would fit the 3C role in Colorado perfectly behind duchene and stastny. Percy who was a first round pick last year, plus a 2nd for O'Reilly who would come to toronto to be the 1C and a mid prospect also coming toronto in brad Malone to even out the deal a bit.
no deal. Don't want Liles back.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Assuming the rumors are true (and they seem somewhat believable) that NYR was considering MDZ for ROR until the Avs asked for a prospect as well, then

MDZ=ROR
if as leafs fans contend
Gardiner>ROR
then
Gardiner>MDZ
I wonder how a Gardiner to NYR for MDZ+ trade proposal would go over with the NYR fans?

Avs fans have a set value in their mind for ROR. Leafs are set about Gardiner. None of us are GMs for our teams (or are we???). It seems to me that there is no more point in Gardiner for ROR discussions, since the Avs are not looking to add to their end of a deal for ROR unless its to add multiple play now Assets coming back, and the leafs fans feel the opposite. This Leafs/Avs bridge has been traveled enough.
Who cares. Seriously. Leaf like Gardiner and he isn't going anywhere. Don't give a rats ass what other fans think.

Listen to other fans and the entire Leaf roster is a salary dump. It'a a wonder they win any games with all the crappy players.

The Rangers have Lundqvist, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Nash, McDonogh, Staal, MDZ, Girardi and 10 other guys better than any Leafs -- that's why they haven't lost a game yet.

Seriously -- ALL Leaf players are crap ROR >>>>>>>> Gardiner. MDZ >>>>>>>>>> Gardiner.

We get it. No run along.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Who cares. Seriously. Leaf like Gardiner and he isn't going anywhere. Don't give a rats ass what other fans think.
That's fantastic, can you please relay that to the rest of your fanbase so we don't have to deal with these daily proposals from the Leafs.

Were not good trading partners, its quite clear the Avs are asking for a high return, and the Leafs appear unwilling to pay it, so lets stop with these proposals.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:20 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
That's fantastic, can you please relay that to the rest of your fanbase so we don't have to deal with these daily proposals from the Leafs.

Were not good trading partners, its quite clear the Avs are asking for a high return, and the Leafs appear unwilling to pay it, so lets stop with these proposals.
Not good trading partners? Gardiner for ROR straight up. Leafs need a center, I'm sure the Avs could use a great D.

Would I rather the Leafs keep Gardiner? Absolutely, but Rielly is coming up fast and has a similar skill set. Not going to read the entire thread but Gardiner is extremely fair value. No BS adding this ridiculous draft pick or that draft pick or some crappy player with crappy contract.

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:24 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:

Seriously -- ALL Leaf players are crap ROR >>>>>>>> Gardiner. MDZ >>>>>>>>>> Gardiner.

We get it. No run along.
I don't think you do get it. My point was not that Leafs players are crap, just that in the Leafs/Avs proposals, there is no agreement on value by either side.
I happen to like many of the players on the Leafs roster, but have yet to see a trade proposal (and there have been more than many) where both sides mostly agree. Agreements have been reached on these boards with various other teams, so that tells me the Leafs/Avs proposals just are not working and its time to stop trying for a while.
I'll run along now.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
You know I have to admit it took me about 5 seconds to realize that my fellow Avs fans were just joking because when I saw the proposal I couldn't believe how bad it was. Rather amusing to see the Leaf fans get all happy because they thought the Avs were serious, well done

As to the original proposal what makes you think we want Liles back and a B prospect that won't make an impact for years if any at all. If this is the best we can do, I'd rather hold onto ROR and wait till he signs.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:05 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Bozak
Liles
Stuart Percy
2nd

For

O'Reilly
Brad Malone

Avalance get good roster players that can help them win now. Liles is familiar with Colorado and would provide much needed offence to colorados blue line. Bozak would fit the 3C role in Colorado perfectly behind duchene and stastny. Percy who was a first round pick last year, plus a 2nd for O'Reilly who would come to toronto to be the 1C and a mid prospect also coming toronto in brad Malone to even out the deal a bit.
Even with the addition of Liles the Avs could use more help on the back end. Take out the second round pick and throw in Komisarek and this would be a huge win for Colorado.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Nah dont flatter yourself. It's an awful proposal we just played along for the laughs.
Fair play so far..

Quote:
Reilly + Kadri

For

O'Reilly + 3rd round pick
funny guy.

Avs fan and Leafs fan here, O'Reilly isn't worth anywhere close to what is apparently being asked for. Sorry, but he's not going to move unless management is as drugged up as the fanbase evidently is to buy into that. Both Kadri and Rielly are worth more than O'Reilly.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

I just don't see the Avs needing another Center going back. They're well off up the middle... I like the Avs quite a bit and watch them as much as I can, I personally think their defense needs the most improvement, as well as a winger who can chip in.

Liles
Kostka (sucks to see him go but it's either him or Gunnarsson that have to go, and I think COL would prefer Kostka)
MacArthur
2nd

I would replace MacArthur with Grabovski but obviously the Avs don't want a C who makes 5M+. Or else they wouldve signed ROR by now. So the Leafs would need to trade Grabo to another team and move Bozak to the third line.

SnipeCheeseAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Reilly + Kadri

For

O'Reilly + 3rd round pick
And Duchene

See, it's fun to dream.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
seanlinden

For those suggesting something around Gardiner for O'Reilly... ask yourself the simple question... where does O'Reilly even play???

He's likely not going to displace Tyler Bozak from the #1 role immidiately.... and even if he does, the upgrade is going to be totally insignificant. He certainly could take over the checking line duties from Mikhail Grabovski, but again, you have to ask yourself, what's the point? At the end of the day, all you accomplish is an upgrade on Nazem Kadri on the #3 spot.

Meanwhile, Nazem Kadri is our leading scorer, and showing a ton of offensive promise. He also comes with a much smaller pricetag.

Am I saying the Leafs don't make an offer on O'Reilly? no. I'm simply saying that if they're going to, it's gotta be with the intention of replacing Mikhail Grabovski. O'Reilly isn't substantially better than Grabo, so the biggest reason you do it is to save $$.... possibly putting the team in a better cap position to acquire a high end #1C. The deal's gotta be around him, or the pieces you think you can get for him.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
Leaf fan offers are generally ridiculous but the original offer is fair in my opinion. Av fans have to realize that O'Reilly is a contract hold-out who pissed off his GM, he also only had 1 half decent season.

hockeyarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Top 5 two-way center in the league along with the bidding war that's going on right now expect to see a massive overpayment for the guy, sorry it's just the way it is.
based on ONE season.... NO WAY would anyone overpay at this point if he would have been more dominant in his first 2 seasons than maybe

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Center Ice Scrum

Would the Avs ever consider a 1 for 1 swap for O'Reilly? Something like Kulemin for O'Reilly.

I think Kulemin could use a change in scenery and play with a more creative and puck distributing center like Stastny or Duchene. Right now his offense is non existent mostly because Grabovski is being extremely selfish with the puck. Even if he doesn't produce a whole lot offensively, he's a great guy to have on your scoring lines because he retrieves a ton of pucks and creates a lot of space for the other 2 players on his line. I know this doesn't meet the Avs' 3rd line center, top 4 d man requirement, but would you guys consider it? I think if push comes to shove, we'd be willing to pony up Liles or Gunnar to fill your D-holes.

My best offer:

Tor:
Kulemin
Liles or Gunnar

for

Avs:
O'reilly
2nd round pick 2013
2nd/3rd round pick 2014

What do you guys think?

Center Ice Scrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarenadotnet View Post
Leaf fan offers are generally ridiculous but the original offer is fair in my opinion. Av fans have to realize that O'Reilly is a contract hold-out who pissed off his GM, he also only had 1 half decent season.
You forgot he's undersized and he's missing a tooth.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum View Post
Would the Avs ever consider a 1 for 1 swap for O'Reilly? Something like Kulemin for O'Reilly.

I think Kulemin could use a change in scenery and play with a more creative and puck distributing center like Stastny or Duchene. Right now his offense is non existent mostly because Grabovski is being extremely selfish with the puck. Even if he doesn't produce a whole lot offensively, he's a great guy to have on your scoring lines because he retrieves a ton of pucks and creates a lot of space for the other 2 players on his line. I know this doesn't meet the Avs' 3rd line center, top 4 d man requirement, but would you guys consider it? I think if push comes to shove, we'd be willing to pony up Liles or Gunnar to fill your D-holes.

My best offer:

Tor:
Kulemin
Liles or Gunnar

for

Avs:
O'reilly
2nd round pick 2013
2nd/3rd round pick 2014

What do you guys think?
I think we pass. But thank you for your offer. Make sure to receive your complimentary gift basket and good luck to the Leafs on their future endeavors.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
based on ONE season.... NO WAY would anyone overpay at this point if he would have been more dominant in his first 2 seasons than maybe
Dominant how? In some manner so you could easily look at his stats and determine something meaningful?

One player from the 2009 draft class played more NHL games coming into this season (Tavares).

Only 3 players from his draft class have scored more points in the NHL (Tavares, Duchene, Evander Kane).

Since the 2007 draft, only 2 players chosen after the 1st round have scored more points than O'Reilly (Jamie Benn and Wayne Simmonds). Only Simmonds has played more games than O'Reilly.

Most guys his age are just starting to get playing time in the NHL. O'Reilly was 14th in Selke voting last year. How many other 20 year olds have scored 50+ points and been top 15 in Selke voting?

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
csanadi19

This is a situation where I really cannot tell if fellow avs fan are being sarcastic or not lol. Since the original deal is terrible for Colorado, I'd assume were just fed up this leaf/O'reilly threads. If people want to look at O'reilly's value, refer to the Jordan Staal trade and subtract a bit. If you disagree then i wouldnt bother coming up with an offer for him. Colorado asked philly for Coutourier straight up i believe, that how much the avs organization value him for trade.

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
hlaverty06

Bozak and a 3rd

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:

Listen to other fans and the entire Leaf roster is a salary dump. It'a a wonder they win any games with all the crappy players.

The Rangers have Lundqvist, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Nash, McDonogh, Staal, MDZ, Girardi and 10 other guys better than any Leafs -- that's why they haven't lost a game yet.

We get it. No run along.
Hey, it's birddog!!!!

Hey I was just wondering, you know since during the lockout, you wouldn't trade Gardiner one for one for Duchene because, as you said, "Gardiner outscored him last season".

I was just wondering if that's a deal that you STILL wouldn't make or MAYBE you'd actually think about doing it this year. Oh and also, was wondering if injuries COUNT this year since they didn't last year.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:47 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Even with the addition of Liles the Avs could use more help on the back end. Take out the second round pick and throw in Komisarek and this would be a huge win for Colorado.
Not sure if serious because nothing that includes Komisarek going to your team is a win for you.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Not sure if serious because nothing that includes Komisarek going to your team is a win for you.
The Avs defense is in really poor shape right now. They could really use the experience. Plus Colorado would have to take back some salary anyways since O'Reilly's next contract will be costly. The cherry on top is that Komisarek comes with one game coaching experience, so he is a strong candidate for a replacement for Sacco after the season is over.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote