Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
ThatGuy22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
So, I guess Elliotte Friedman is wrong about Cullen.

That's all I get from the trade board.
Yep, random HFer's lot more tied in than Friedman...

Old
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Elliotte Friedman suggests Cullen to the Pens.
If Cullen were given an opportunity to play for a Cup contender AND felt he had an opportunity to re-sign with the that same team for next year, why wouldn't he waive the NTC? He is not going to get that with the Wild.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Yep, random HFer's lot more tied in than Friedman...
That's the point.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

I can't see a need for Cullen in Pitt. We have a pretty good C watching from the pressbox (Dustin Jeffery), with Sid, Geno, Sutter and Vitale all down the middle. Yes, Shero was at the Wild game but I don't think Cullen was who he was scouting. Now Clutter, Gooch or PMB I can see. Our glaring weakness right now is a winger for Malkin, and maybe a winger for Crosby.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. But I can't see a need for Cullen on the Penguins.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:07 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i don't see a need either. he can play wing though.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Cullen once scored 25 goals in a season. 35 goals with Crosby minimum!

Old
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Cullen once scored 25 goals in a season. 35 goals with Crosby minimum!
But a certain penguins fan with the letters concerning c and o along with the word penguin may or may not have allegedly told me personally that in his professionally reputed and valid opinion, Setoguchi is terrible and is not worth a 7th rounder and logically that means one can trace that to mean that Cullen is even worse!

Old
02-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
But a certain penguins fan with the letters concerning c and o along with the word penguin may or may not have allegedly told me personally that in his professionally reputed and valid opinion, Setoguchi is terrible and is not worth a 7th rounder and logically that means one can trace that to mean that Cullen is even worse!
I can't quite figure out what his issue is with Seto. Personally, depending on the cost I'd love to see what Seto could do in Pitt. I also like to watch him in Minnesota. So it's a win/win for me. So can any of you guys tell me what the situation is with Clutterbuck? Is he a RFA? Does Fletch plan on re-signing him or will someone from Houston come up to take his place?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:20 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
. So can any of you guys tell me what the situation is with Clutterbuck? Is he a RFA? Does Fletch plan on re-signing him or will someone from Houston come up to take his place?
You're right...Clutterbuck will be a RFA at the end of the season, and my gut tells me that GMCF will re-sign him.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
PariseSuterKoivu

Setoguchi seems tailor made to play with the Pens. He needs a great playmaker, he just doesn't create anything by himself. But he's speedy, has a hard righthanded shot and plays really well in open space.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
Setoguchi seems tailor made to play with the Pens. He needs a great playmaker, he just doesn't create anything by himself. But he's speedy, has a hard righthanded shot and plays really well in open space.
As long as he can find the soft spots in the D, Sid would be feeding him saucers all day.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
You're right...Clutterbuck will be a RFA at the end of the season, and my gut tells me that GMCF will re-sign him.
Yeah. He brings it every night, has some skill and seems like a great guy in the room. Any idea what he'll get, considering he is restricted?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Cal isn't your typical 3rd liner so I'd say a few years at around $2.5-3 million, steep as that may be. There's no way he gets under $2 million a year. That Brodziak contract is gonna start looking pretty bad if he can't pick up his play.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:53 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Why and how did this get posted twice, who knows?

Okay, here's another thing! None of our players listed (Clutterbuck, Bouchard, Cullen, Setoguchi) have a 1st round value right now. Maybe at the trade deadline, we could eek out a low 1st for a guy like Clutter or Setoguchi but for now, they are a 2nd round pick or lower.

Last edited by thestonedkoala: 02-20-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 04:02 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post

Spurgeon -Even is supporters have to admit he's limited. When side-by-side compared with Brodin, it's not even close. He's a very smart player and good puck-mover, but he fits best as the bottom-pairing Dman who can play special teams and move up when there is injuries
Didn't I get blasted for saying Spurgeon is a depth defenseman in the off-season? That he was limited and there were concerns?

Oh yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
The concern is the wear-and-tear on Spurgeon. He's going to be placed against the top lines and I have major concerns if he can stop a guy like Dustin Brown or Gabriel Landeskog or if they will just run him over. He can play the puck well and I would love to have him out on the PP unit but I just see him between 4-7. A guy that doesn't get the top line minutes but a good chunk of the 2nd or even 3rd pairing minutes and some PP minutes for his offense.
Hahah...Rynryn was close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
spurgeon will get hurt within three games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
From the Main Board...

About Wacky predictions...
Quote:
Granlund has a miserable debut campaign and is scratched several times.
Not so wacky now. Well, not necessarily miserable but bad.

Or this one:

Quote:
- The Calder goes to... Vladimir Tarasenko. Alex Galchenyuk and Mikael Granlund are the other nominees
Here's the thing, I'm not calling anyone out on this, it's just fun to look back. And why is this in the trade page? Oh right. The post about Spurgeon.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:37 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Didn't I get blasted for saying Spurgeon is a depth defenseman in the off-season? That he was limited and there were.
I did blast you. Most my long term projections of the blue line have spurgeon being pushed down to the bottom pairing by other players.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:55 AM
DANOZ28

i could see pit wanting a defensively sound depth player like cullen for a cup run. (plus his ring / experience). i would say a 2nd pick plus a conditional 3rd if they make rnd #3. again i believe cullen was brought in as an upgrade #2 ctr for belanger and he did not deliver enough for 3.5 mill.(vs bella's 1.75 mill). just my one cent. go fletch go, git er done!

Old
02-20-2013, 09:44 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Didn't I get blasted for saying Spurgeon is a depth defenseman in the off-season? That he was limited and there were concerns?

Oh yes:

Hahah...Rynryn was close:

Not so wacky now. Well, not necessarily miserable but bad.

Or this one:

Here's the thing, I'm not calling anyone out on this, it's just fun to look back. And why is this in the trade page? Oh right. The post about Spurgeon.
close? he got injured game 3! i was on it, baby!

Old
02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Yeah, but his injury wasn't from being small..unless you're saying only small players get hurt when they block a shot with their foot.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Yeah, but his injury wasn't from being small..unless you're saying only small players get hurt when they block a shot with their foot.
did i say it was from being small? and hey, small bones are generally more fragile so...

Old
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Spurgeon is hurt a lot, and size may play a part. Not much one can do about a shot, but he was injured in Europe during the lockout. Plus he had a concussion last year I believe at the end of the season. There may have been more.

5'6", 170 lb defensemen, or whatever exaggerated numbers may be applied to him, was fine in the NHL 30-years ago. It is an issue in today's game considering the speed, and a good portion of the players having at least 30 lbs on Spurgeon.

Keep in mind PMB has 2-3 inches on Spurgeon, and we all know how often he has had concussion issues.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Spurgeon is hurt a lot, and size may play a part. Not much one can do about a shot, but he was injured in Europe during the lockout. Plus he had a concussion last year I believe at the end of the season. There may have been more.

5'6", 170 lb defensemen, or whatever exaggerated numbers may be applied to him, was fine in the NHL 30-years ago. It is an issue in today's game considering the speed, and a good portion of the players having at least 30 lbs on Spurgeon.

Keep in mind PMB has 2-3 inches on Spurgeon, and we all know how often he has had concussion issues.
IMO, luck has a lot to do with. Spurgeon's latest injury was a puck off the foot, if I'm not mistaken. Lack of size had nothing to do with that one.

Big guys get hurt all the time as well.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
IMO, luck has a lot to do with. Spurgeon's latest injury was a puck off the foot, if I'm not mistaken. Lack of size had nothing to do with that one.

Big guys get hurt all the time as well.
This.

And getting injured from blocking a shot is something that I don't, and nobody should, hold against a player. Sacrificing your body while trying to block a shot AND getting hurt in the process? Sign of a warrior, that.

02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

I can see the Pens being interested in Cullen. He'd play wing of course, but he's fine at that.

Screw trying for a 2nd. The Pens have a surplus of strong d prospects: Maatta, Despres, Morrow, and more.

I would still like to see us move Clutterbuck. Imo, he's not going to be worth the contract he'll command, and he really does look a little worse each year. The way he plays, he's going to wear down. Pitt could really use a player like him as well.

Throw in Butch if possible. They really could use 2-3 decent wingers for different lines.

Cullen, Butch, Clutterbuck for their 2013 First and Despres.

Our kids get their spots and we open up a little room, which we need. Pens get players for 1st, second and third lines.

God I hope we do something like this...

This is better than having Cullen all over the lines, like he has been. WE don't need him moving forward. Butch is just being scratched now, so that's just a waste. Clutterbuck's spot will go to one of the many players fighting for a spot.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
DANOZ28

i find it very difficult to believe pit would give up a 1st rndr like maatta (4 cullen); i'd take that deal and get arrested for highway robbery! sidenote BUF has been struggling, any thoughts on player swaps with the wild sound interesting?

Last edited by DANOZ28: 02-20-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Closed Thread